josh (resized).jpg
B3A05715-033F-4A57-A886-02EF324C3C73 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211017-150737_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211014-214319_Chrome (resized).jpg
tucker (resized).jpeg
zieQrbl (1).gif
7E636DF4-E5D4-4A10-A081-2188FDCD3D26 (resized).jpeg
chucky (resized).JPG
ddc5d0025f8de69887c59c609e94b32f--herbert-the-pervert-scary-places (resized).jpg
9c8ac1a4-4e5d-4b3e-a7c3-4d0d7ca76b88 (resized).jpg
7F80F658-DD61-458C-89C2-55DADF03D2DA.gif
E3259A77-0A61-4785-9F37-33B3057EC3C9 (resized).jpeg
E80A8844-C96A-4DE3-8907-178575DAA6B0 (resized).jpeg
c59b4cba-6150-4bb1-9011-c44c2fa6ff56 (resized).jpg

There are 33660 posts in this topic. You are on page 637 of 674.
#31801 54 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How did those head to head games with Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, and Mahomes go last year? Did you watch them and how he played? How was he against the Bengals and their hot shot rookie QB? Oh, yes, that's right....Burrow couldn't play that game. "I kinda expected Burrow to at least play 16 games the whole season." Did you see what I did there?

Enjoy your team and season.

#31802 54 days ago

I think the jury is still out on Tua. For DanMarino, Tua really needs to improve on the deep ball, he was near the bottom in deep ball accuracy and was 31st among QBs in 2020 in yards per attempt, he was basically a dink and dunker all year. No need to get your panties all in a bunch, we can revisit this mid year. I like the direction the Fins are going.

#31803 54 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Bring a little more analysis or critical thinking to the Tua discussion. What specifically is Tua terrible at? What specifically is he doing wrong? So easy to make criticisms and so much more work to analyze it.

I won't be specific, I will just say that many times last year, he looked lost and overwhelmed. He reminds me of Baker Mayfield- when he is on, he is really on... But when he is not, he doesn't even look like he should be on the field. Consistency is key.

If we are basing careers on the first year, Hebert is the guy that set the benchmark for what an outstanding QB looks like.

I think Tua will be better this year, but I think teams also have more film on him now too, so there is a good chance that the offense will fluctuate throughout the year.

#31804 54 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Enjoy your team and season.

That's a polite way to back out of the discussion.

#31805 54 days ago

I’m not sure about Tua his QBR was 87. Wentz rookie year he was 79 QBR

Heck Brady started out at 86 his first 3 years.

#31806 54 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Bring a little more analysis or critical thinking to the Tua discussion. What specifically is Tua terrible at? What specifically is he doing wrong? So easy to make criticisms and so much more work to analyze it.

I think he has too many super duper passionate fans with their heads wayyy up his butt trying to kiss his ass, and it's weighing him down.

#31807 54 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure about Tua his QBR was 87. Wentz rookie year he was 79 QBR
Heck Brady started out at 86 his first 3 years.

What? He had a 52.5 QBR, good for 26th. Behind the legends Trubisky and Dalton.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

#31808 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think he meant QB Rating which is the 158 max stat vs the ESPN QBR max 100 stat.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/offense/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

#31809 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think the jury is still out on Tua. For DanMarino, Tua really needs to improve on the deep ball, he was near the bottom in deep ball accuracy and was 31st among QBs in 2020 in yards per attempt, he was basically a dink and dunker all year. No need to get your panties all in a bunch, we can revisit this mid year. I like the direction the Fins are going.

That seems like fair analysis. He even admitted that he didn't have a full grasp of the offense last season, so I wonder if some of the reason for his lower yards per attempt is related to the type of plays they were running for him?

#31810 54 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I think he meant QB Rating which is the 158 max stat vs the ESPN QBR max 100 stat.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/offense/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

That makes sense, but if your behind Trubisky and Dalton on any kind of list, it hasn’t been a very successful year.

#31811 54 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

That seems like fair analysis. He even admitted that he didn't have a full grasp of the offense last season, so I wonder if some of the reason for his lower yards per attempt is related to the type of plays they were running for him?

Like I said, I think the jury is still out on him. We’ll know one way or another after year 2 in an offense.

#31812 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That makes sense, but if your behind Trubisky and Dalton on any kind of list, it hasn’t been a very successful year.

haha. Truth.

#31813 54 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Likely I would say.

Also I just gotta say its nice to see a little bit of action in this thread. Some good back and forth is welcome.

And don't worry about those Bengals fans. They gotta find stuff to talk about when they get tired of saying how bad their o-line is, or how the city drinks the most, or how burrow could have been good "only if", or burfict, or the steelers, or....or....

#31814 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Edit I don’t understand the QBR or rating.

I must have looked at wrong column said Tua Rating 87

Wentz QBR was 46 when he was a rookie. 16TD 14 INT

#31815 54 days ago

QB rating and QBR are not the same. No idea what the differences are. QB rating was around forever, then they started using QBR like 5-6 years ago.

#31816 54 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

QB rating and QBR are not the same. No idea what the differences are. QB rating was around forever, then they started using QBR like 5-6 years ago.

Yeah QBR was actually invented by Trent Dilfer, of all people.

#31817 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah QBR was actually invented by Trent Dilfer, of all people.

I wonder what his is? Haha

#31818 54 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wonder what his is? Haha

#4 all time, sandwiched between Marino and Fouts

#31819 54 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

#4 all time, sandwiched between Marino and Fouts

No way. That has to invalidate that metric forever. Haha

#31820 54 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. That has to invalidate that metric forever. Haha

There really is no correlation that I can see. Trubisky had his 2nd and 3rd best Quarterback Ratings of 2020 vs Lions at 108.3 and 104.2, but if you switch to QBR he had two of his worst games at 39.5 and 46.8.

How can that be possible?

#31821 54 days ago

Maybe Trubisky is that rare combination of HOF and CFL talent at the same time?

#31822 54 days ago
Quoted from boscokid:

There really is no correlation that I can see. Trubisky had his 2nd and 3rd best Quarterback Ratings of 2020 vs Lions at 108.3 and 104.2, but if you switch to QBR he had two of his worst games at 39.5 and 46.8.

Perhaps it takes into account when and where the stats are in the scheme of the game. Kirk Cousins has amazing games with garbage time stats. Team still lost but rating is high.

#31823 54 days ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I think those first numbers are what used to be called passer rating. It puts a huge value on yardage, completions, and completion percentage. The numbers are kind of screwy anymore, but it was created in a time when passing was much more difficult.

QBR adjusts for that by taking into account the yards-to-go on every play and also penalizes for fumbles, taking penalties, taking sacks, credits for successful runs (I think), and a ton of other stuff. It tries measure everything the QB did to affect the game. FootballOutsiders has a similar metric with too many inputs to fully wrap your head around.

#31824 54 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

Perhaps it takes into account when and where the stats are in the scheme of the game. Kirk Cousins has amazing games with garbage time stats. Team still lost but rating is high.

I think the next-gen metrics also devalue stats accumulated when the game is out of hand (in either direction)

#31826 54 days ago

Game/player stats have come a long way. I'm really happy they collect them as a stats nerd, but I really don't like them muddying up the broadcasts.

They're also pretty difficult to obtain in any volume without ridiculous subscriptions.

#31827 54 days ago

Haha ..now the ontario proline has to offer 1 game bets not the 3 minimum. Looking forward to the Season!

#31828 52 days ago

Zac Taylor said he was going to play Burrow for exactly 3 snaps. What the hell is the point in that?

#31829 52 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Zac Taylor said he was going to play Burrow for exactly 3 snaps. What the hell is the point in that?

Pulled Chase as well.Seems he needs as many targets as possible to relearn how to catch a football.

#31830 52 days ago

To try and put it in his head he’s able to enter a game without getting killed.

#31831 52 days ago

JK Dobbins tore his ACL this weekend, why these teams play their starters on the last week of preseason is beyond me.

#31832 51 days ago

I know they are playing the Falcons, but damn! Cleveland is moving the ball.

#31833 51 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

JK Dobbins tore his ACL this weekend, why these teams play their starters on the last week of preseason is beyond me.

Well worth it. History could not be denied.

It was so the ravens could claim this historic record:

BBFC6EE5-1455-4174-9157-7BE84901B5CB (resized).jpeg
#31834 51 days ago

So all that Tua talk from the other day....

Now the Dolphins are rumored to be the only team actively working on trading for Watson from Houston. Rumored price was 3 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rounders. Previously quality starters could possibly replace some of the draft pick value.

The confidence in Tua is likely not high if they are possibly taking on Watson and the problems he has going on right now.

#31835 51 days ago

Makes you wonder if that's legit then who is leaking that stuff. Doesn't seem to benefit either side. That's a monster price, even without the baggage. Plus he has the huge contract to make work.

#31836 51 days ago

I don’t understand trading for Watson until he settles or does his time/community service.

#31837 51 days ago

Good to see Josh Allen picking up right where he left off last season.

#31838 51 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

Makes you wonder if that's legit then who is leaking that stuff. Doesn't seem to benefit either side. That's a monster price, even without the baggage. Plus he has the huge contract to make work.

There is a ton of smoke around it. Agents saying its in the works. Miami would not want that to get out unless it were likely or at least possible.

#31839 51 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Tua haters are everywhere. I like the guy. He is short though. I watched his 2 preseason games and he is playing just fine. He is ahead of where Tannehill was after the same number of games. I challenge Tua haters to actually watch what he is doing. Is he showing leadership? Is he showing confidence? Are the team mates following him and cheering for him? Is he making quick decisions on his throws? Does he look confused? Is he throwing with proper footwork and mechanics? Is he accurate with his throws? Are the throws late, or on-time? Are receivers able to catch and run without breaking their momentum? Is he throwing the ball away when needed? Is he taking bad sacks? Is he recognizing pressure? Is he moving in the pocket with a pass first mentality?
I think he is improved in all of those areas.

If they bring in Watson and his baggage will you then admit that maybe you are fan-boying Tua a lil bit too much? That would be a direct slap in his face and tell him they dont like what they see in their QB options. The receivers can catch and the line can block..it's just not Tua's time yet

#31840 51 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

and the line can block.

PFF ranked the Dolphins line as 28th after the 2020 season.

#31841 51 days ago

Go Bills

#31842 51 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

PFF ranked the Dolphins line as 28th after the 2020 season.

Revamped line. new players and a new o-line coach..they look much better this year

#31844 51 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Revamped line. new players and a new o-line coach..they look much better this year

Bengals haven’t allowed a sack during preseason. Are they fixed too?

#31845 51 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where them big name cuts at?!?!

It’s a bit different this year with 2 weeks between preseason and regular season. The cut down date is Aug 31. So we will see some soon!

#31846 51 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s a bit different this year with 2 weeks between preseason and regular season. The cut down date is Aug 31. So we will see some soon!

Not to mention GMs speed dialing each other all day today trying to trade their shitty player that aint making the team for your shitty player than aint making your team.

#31847 51 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They should force all cuts today and then have a “Cut Bowl” of all the rejects this weekend before anybody can sign them. Teams to be coached by Jerry Glanville and steve spurrier.

#31848 51 days ago

I have no idea what’s going on with the Watson talk. Publicly, the Dolphins have been committed to Tua.

I’m a Dolphins fan and I like this rebuilding process so far. I would like the Dolphins to keep all their upcoming high draft picks and not trade them away for Watson.

I’m willing to give Tua a few more years. The entire team is not championship caliber. They have the best corner in the NFL when he isn’t injured and their kicker is top notch. Like you guys point out, their Offensive Line isn’t great and they have a bunch of young guys there.

I can see the Texans wanting to dump Watson and try to get back some of the Tunsil picks they gave away. It could be that Houston is the one spreading all the talk, but I have no clue.

I’m not sure I can cheer for Watson. I’m also not sure Tua will work out, but I’m fine seeing how/if he improves.

#31849 51 days ago

I agree.. just wouldn't support the decision to bring Watson over either! It's the Bills division to lose this year... we'll see how it goes! And soon! Poor cowboy's open against the bucs

#31850 51 days ago

I think most likely scenario for Watson this season is that he is a healthy scratch every week. I don’t see anyone paying the asking price for him. Any team would want to make the picks conditional and I don’t see Houston doing that. His career is on hold until all the legal stuff plays out.

There are 33660 posts in this topic. You are on page 637 of 674.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside