tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 635 of 1,514.
#31701 2 years ago

I'll only mention it once so spare me the FF hate. We're trying to get a second, higher stakes league going. Buy-in is tentatively $240, but may change depending on input/interest. Any questions, there is a thread in the off-topic area. If you are interested, here is a join link...

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

#31703 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is Vic still on pinside? If so, they really should bring him back to this thread already.

Vic’s alive and well and fighting the good(?) fight over in the JJP playfield quality thread.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bring back Hollywood Vic !

You’ve got my vote. Without Who-Dey (RIP) and Vic the NFL thread lacks a certain spice.

#31704 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bring back Hollywood Vic !

Still not sure that wasn't him and his buddies at the pre-season game fighting in the stands!

#31705 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Still not sure that wasn't him and his buddies at the pre-season game fighting in the stands!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b21420a0809305de28d3664c991a67104588c9c1-1629253713-1800"};
//]]>

I thought I saw some beards and Botox !

#31706 2 years ago

Bring Vic back! Who’d he piss off?

#31707 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Video clips of his "blocking" were a source of amusement for the world over the weekend.

Ha I didn't see those until earlier today, yikes! Rough year coming up.

#31709 2 years ago

Get home from playing pinball tourney to see Lions have released Don Mulhlbach. Sad news.

Now before you all go "who?" he was Detroit's Long Snapper for 17years - just think about how many losses this guy got to play in....

Let go on his 40th B-Day. #sad

#31710 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Let go on his 40th B-Day. #sad

Merciful. Can you imagine playing on the Detroit Lions in your 40s?

#31711 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

From the Lions fan site:

Death. Taxes. D̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶u̶h̶l̶b̶a̶c̶h̶

#31712 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

the player's union will never allow it. They already hate the thurs nite games as it gives them less time to prepare for the game and less time to rest/recover from the damage of the previous game. The product on the field would suffer as well.

When I talk about I wish we had a NFL game on 5-6 nights a week, I am not talking about giving anyone less time to rest and prepare.

I think the NFL already uses computer software to make the schedule, and it even figures out when it will work if the NFL team shares a field with a baseball team, or any other team.

I think it could be done to have more nightly primetime games, while giving the players 8-9 days to rest and prepare.

So for example, your team plays on this Tuesday night, then their next game is the next Wednesday night or Thursday night, 8-9 days away.

I know the same players can not play all the time like in other sports, and I know right now players hate playing on Sunday, and then again on Thursday night.

I really think the NFL and the players union would really go for this.

More prime time NFL to make more TV money, while the players get more rest in between games also.

The only downside I see to this, is the fans that tailgate every Sunday, (or every other Sunday), schedule would be thrown off.

I would love it if there was 3 NFL games on TV on Sundays, (like now, 1pm, 4pm, and 8pm), and then one NFL game on pretty much every night the rest of the week.

I would love to see more Broncos games, and local TV does not show many, but if more games were on during primetime all week, we could all see more teams that we hardly ever get to watch.

Hell, I never get to see any Bears games, and many other teams I would like to watch, so as someone that really loves to watch NFL games, pretty much any team, it would be a win-win.

#31713 2 years ago

Problem with playing too often then people will get overloaded with or saturated with NFL so it becomes less special.

I know it does suck that you can’t watch every good game live but I got this service called NFL Game Pass and I can watch full games (recorded) later in the week so if there was a particularly good matchup I’ll watch that later.

I do wish the NFL would spread out the 1pm and 4pm games better like have 9 early and 6 late rather than 11 early games and 4 late.

#31714 2 years ago

Meh, watched Bobby Hart do this in cincy for years.

#31715 2 years ago

Unless you’re QBTB can you imagine playing anywhere else?

#31716 2 years ago

After watching the 1st few episodes of Hard Knocks it seems the Packers past success was despite Mike McCarthy not because of him.

#31717 2 years ago

Has Cam made a deep throw yet?

#31718 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Has Cam made a deep throw yet?

Eagles calling him “Checkdown King" at joint practices

#31719 2 years ago

Matt Jones laying claim to Patriots QB job? Cam has looked lethargic for several years now

#31720 2 years ago

Mac Jones looks good.Real good.

#31721 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I guess if he wins the job I will learn his first name

#31722 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

But it was against the eagles, and the team (eagles) overall played poorly. Cool to see Evanders kid run the ball a few times..

#31723 2 years ago

Scary to think about KC this year with the new o-line.

#31724 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

AbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gifAbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gif
#31725 2 years ago

If rb Clyde Edwards Helaire + wr Hardman can take the next step up, this offense can be something special..

#31726 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Shout Out to mcluvin! I downloaded the Location Guard app on my Android phone, opened developer options and then set my phone to allow location spoofing. Easy Peasy - now with a click I can set my location to Royal Oak, MI and use my Locast app to get local Detroit stations.
If that seems like a lot of work to get Lions games, well I really have no defense.......

It worked perfectly streaming from my phone to the TV for the game last night. https://506sports.com/nfl/ for broadcast maps and you are set. Beats the hell out of alt streams.

#31727 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah, we'll see. Go Bucs!

#31728 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It worked perfectly streaming from my phone to the TV for the game last night. https://506sports.com/nfl/ for broadcast maps and you are set. Beats the hell out of alt streams.

Funny I was just thinking of this today. There is a good chance a game will be blacked out in the local market and force me to set a new location in the visiting team city. Leaving it as is for now as I can easily toggle between my fake location and my actual location to determine my local market.

#31729 2 years ago

I was driving from my wife's parent's place to my parent's, away from the stadium. There was a guy walking and I slowed down and gave him a little space. He gave a wave, and I instinctively waved back. As I passed him I realized it was Mark Murphy. Pretty mad at myself right now.

#31730 2 years ago

I was driving from my wife's parent's place to my parent's, away from the stadium. There was a guy walking and I slowed down and gave him a little space. He gave a wave, and I instinctively waved back. As I passed him I realized it was Mark Murphy. Pretty mad at myself right now.

Dude, ramming your car into him is NOT the answer!!! You did the right thing.

So any of my cincy brethren watch the game last night? I couldn't bring myself to spending a friday night watching a Cincy-Washington Preseason game, but I did watch the highlights. Any takeaways?

#31731 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, ramming your car into him is NOT the answer!!! You did the right thing.
So any of my cincy brethren watch the game last night? I couldn't bring myself to spending a friday night watching a Cincy-Washington Preseason game, but I did watch the highlights. Any takeaways?

Washington will be better.

Missed most of the Chicago game. Are the Bills that good or the Bears that bad?

#31732 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmmm. Let's see

QB not afraid to chuck it
WR likely future All-Pro
RB shifty and likes to catch
DL good to very good?

Likely adds up to a team that costs novice bettors a lot of money and may even win 8 games and repeat as NFC East Champions!

#31733 2 years ago

I’m no Gator fan, far from that. It’ll be interesting how Trask does tonight.

#31734 2 years ago

Welp - after watching two Lions preseason games I am ready to announce Derrick Barnes LB, 4th round pick out of Purdue can play in the NFL.

Not sure if its the Kool-Aid or tequila talking but this is shaping up to be the best Lions draft class in years.

#31735 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Welp - after watching two Lions preseason games I am ready to announce Derrick Barnes LB, 4th round pick out of Purdue can play in the NFL.
Not sure if its the Kool-Aid or tequila talking but this is shaping up to be the best Lions draft class in years.

How's Jamaal Williams looking? I miss that guy.

#31736 2 years ago

How's Jamaal Williams looking? I miss that guy.

Did nothing week 1, didnt play week 2. His role as RB 1B pretty much locked in, hopefully he gets enough carries to take pressure and beatings off Swift

#31737 2 years ago

Year of the Tua!

#31738 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only got to see the end about last 4 minutes or so. From all the articles it was your typical preseason, Washington took the lead late in the 4th after a Cincy fumble but hell I don't even know who dropped it lol. Been working so much lately haven't had time to watch much of anything.

#31739 2 years ago

Glancing at the standings the AFC has 28 wins and 3 losses.The NFC has 3 wins and 28 losses.Useless but interesting.

#31740 2 years ago

I saw this post about future WFT name. I don't really love any but I guess I would go Presidents. Hogs would be fine but Red Hogs is absurd.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1428105960560726022/photo/1

The Washington Football Team has reportedly narrowed their list of potential names down to 3 options, per the team's "Making the Brand" series.

Their finalists come from these eight:

- Armada
- Presidents
- Brigade
- RedHogs
- Commanders
- RedWolves
- Defenders
- WFT

#31741 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I saw this post about future WFT name. I don't really love any but I guess I would go Presidents. Hogs would be fine but Red Hogs is absurd.
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1428105960560726022/photo/1
The Washington Football Team has reportedly narrowed their list of potential names down to 3 options, per the team's "Making the Brand" series.
Their finalists come from these eight:
- Armada
- Presidents
- Brigade
- RedHogs
- Commanders
- RedWolves
- Defenders
- WFT

If they are going to keep the burgundy and gold colors, I don't see them going with a patriotic/USA themed name.
All along my thought was to go with Washington Americans.

#31742 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

If they are going to keep the burgundy and gold colors, I don't see them going with a patriotic/USA themed name.

How about “Washington Wineskins?” They can keep their colors, maybe pick up a Peter Vella sponsorship.

#31743 2 years ago

They should just keep WFT, it’s better than any of those other choices.

#31744 2 years ago

RedWolves seems to be the overwhelming favorite. Most of them are pretty awful and sound like XFL teams.

If the past year has proven anything to me it’s that I don’t really give a shit what the team is called, I’m rooting for the uniform just
Like I have for 40 years.

It’s pretty amazing how things change. About 10 years ago I honestly, deeply felt that changing the name would mean the death of the team and I’d have to find a new one to root for. Turns out it really doesn’t matter and the past 10 years everybody spent arguing and fighting about it was a complete waste of time.

#31745 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They should just keep WFT, it’s better than any of those other choices.

Agreed.

#31746 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How about “Washington Wineskins?” They can keep their colors, maybe pick up a Peter Vella sponsorship.

I think their rivals are hoping for Red Hogs. They can have a lot of fun with that one...

#31747 2 years ago

Trevor Lawrence and Jameis Winston,hopefully, play extended minutes tonight. It’ll make it worth watching.

#31748 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Trevor Lawrence and Jameis Winston,hopefully, play extended minutes tonight. It’ll make it worth watching.

I predict 3 Jameis Interceptions... and 1 fumble...

#31749 2 years ago

So it sounds like I will be able to make the trip to the GB@KC game. Any recommendations on seats? I don't really feel like spending much more than 4-500, but I'm open to it if it's a vastly different experience. Are the top sections to be avoided?

#31750 2 years ago

Any recommendations on seats? I don't really feel like spending much more than 4-500,

4-500 Pennies?

I love the NFL, but no way I would spend 4-500 Dollars for something I can watch for free on my own TV, and have all the beer I want, without having to pay 5 bucks or whatever per beer, and not having to worry about driving anywhere, after a few beers.

Yeah, I know, I am old and cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 635 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/635 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.