dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 631 of 1,514.
#31501 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aw shit...it's the Pinside Who Dey Memorial Preseason Grudge Match!!![quoted image]

May the team with the least amount of thugs win this meaningless game.

#31502 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know this will be hard to believe but the Lions pretty much sucked during the Bubba Baker years.
No surprise casual NFL fans never heard of him but he was a stud on otherwise dismal defense and won Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1978.

I lived in Windsor Ont most of my life and it is a shame. The stadium is great and the down town area has been revamped in recent years.
I have actually been on the field walking around
By myself...very cool.
GO Lions. Pretended I stiff armed in for a T.d
No kidding .

#31503 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Packers don't quite get it.

You think it's more likely he sits this one out or gets traded?

#31504 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think he eventually gets traded.

He'd look like a complete pussy if he took the field for the Pack now.

The Pack would look like complete morons if they just let their aging asset never play for them again and got zero in return.

They really should trade him to Washington. Whatever it takes, I'd be happy with it. They'd be instant Super Bowl contenders.

#31505 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think he'll play for the pack. 1 year to get it done then break up city
Edit: pack have 2 more years AFTER this one to trade. He has 0 chance of winning a SB with Denver. GB is his best chance and everyone involved knows it. No way they would trade him to NO, and I csnt see any other great spot?

Edit2: he hates the GM, tried his power move and it failed. He can still limp back "im just here for my teammates" yada yada and come off looking well

#31506 2 years ago

With Cam Akers torn achilles will Stafford be the first QB to throw for 6000 yards?

#31507 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

With Cam Akers torn achilles will Stafford be the first QB to throw for 6000 yards?

We all know he'll choke it away when it counts.

#31508 2 years ago

Oh here's a curious observation of interest to no one but myself, so it must be shared in the hopes Vic is reading. I went to Wisconsin and UP Mich a couple months ago for the first time.

I assumed Wisconsin would be littered with Packer flags, bumper stickers, apparel, etc, like you see in Dallas with their fans. But nothing. Maybe that's the Rodgers effect, or it's just a given they're fans. Only Packery thing I noticed was some rentals across from Lambeau that had been painted up green and funny wooden cutouts of former players in the yard.

But in Mich, lots of Lions stuff.

#31509 2 years ago

How much Badgers or Milwaukee team stuff was there?

#31510 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I wonder who gets the call. You know Adrian Petersen has been clutching his phone since he heard the news.

#31511 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How much Badgers or Milwaukee team stuff was there?

I do recall a good bit of Badger license plate frames. Not sure I saw any Bucks or Brewers. I didn't really investigate Milwaukee tho, just breezed by.

#31512 2 years ago

So the excuses just follow Stafford around

#31513 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder who gets the call. You know Adrian Petersen has been clutching his phone since he heard the news.

I don't think Gurley left Rams on bad terms, he just made too much money. So he is a maybe

AP played with Stafford last year so I suspect the coach would ask yay/nay on bringing him in, he wasn't 'bad' per se, just below average on a horrible team

#31514 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I don't think Gurley left Rams on bad terms, he just made too much money. So he is a maybe
AP played with Stafford last year so I suspect the coach would ask yay/nay on bringing him in, he wasn't 'bad' per se, just below average on a horrible team

Rams drafted that speedy RB from Memfist a couple years ago. Imagine they'll roll with him and see if he can shoulder the load unless they've decided he's poo.

#31515 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Had no idea Gurley was a free agent. Man he fell off the cliff fast !!

#31516 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Rams drafted that speedy RB from Memfist a couple years ago. Imagine they'll roll with him and see if he can shoulder the load unless they've decided he's poo.

Darrell Henderson. And PFF had him rated as their top RB through about week 10 prior to his injury, running for over 4.5 ypc. They surely like what they have in him, as he was having a break out season and playing ahead of Akers before he went down as it was. There have also been a lot of camp reports stating how impressed coaches and players have been with their UDFA Xavier Jones. They kept him on the active roster all last season, despite having 0 need for another RB taking up the spot, most logically because he would have been poached if they dropped him to practice squad.

Not saying they won't add another FA (especially considering there are some cheap veteran options like Bell, Peterson, Freeman, etc), but I don't think they are that worried about it, nor should they be. Stafford getting there is only going to improve running lanes by pushing the ball more downfield and keeping defenses honest. I'd imagine their biggest worry about the RB room now is getting Akers on the recovery track for 2022.

#31517 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Pack would look like complete morons if they just let their aging asset never play for them again and got zero in return.

Let's remember, that is exactly what happens when your quarterback retires under good terms. I hate all the drama, but the possibility that we might be able to turn our aging bitchy QB into some high draft picks? Not exactly the worst thing in the world.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I think he'll play for the pack. 1 year to get it done then break up city
Edit: pack have 2 more years AFTER this one to trade. He has 0 chance of winning a SB with Denver. GB is his best chance and everyone involved knows it. No way they would trade him to NO, and I csnt see any other great spot?

Bingo. If we have to get rid of him, it may as well be to Denver. Let him fade into obscurity while Mahomes eats his lunch. I've also heard LV and WFT. It seems clear to me he wanted to go to SF (or LAR) and they both stood him up. Now he's just a boy without a date to the dance... but there's always us.... his cousin.

Quoted from TheLaw:

he hates the GM, tried his power move and it failed. He can still limp back "im just here for my teammates" yada yada and come off looking well

FWIW he's sort of backed off of the hating the GM thing... I think he disagrees with the GM, but there's more at play here. Mark Murphy (president) shook up the structure during the last GM search. GM now has less power. We know that means that the coach no longer reports to him, but I'm questioning whether he needs to get final approval of roster moves by both Russ Ball (the GM Murphy wanted, and cold-blooded poindexter accountant) and maybe even Murphy himself. There were some signs that not everyone in the FO was on the same page during the trade deadline last year, and it didn't really seem like it was Coach vs GM to me.

Murphy made it a point to say "we're not idiots" when the press asked him if they wanted AR back... to which I'm sure AR really wants to prove that statement wrong. He's done a fair job so far.

As much as I'm tired of AR's BS, Mark Murphy is enemy #1 in my eyes. And Gutey's mistake wasn't necessarily drafting Love (whether I agree with the move or not), it was underestimating what a petty little bitch AR is.

Quoted from Erik:

I assumed Wisconsin would be littered with Packer flags, bumper stickers, apparel, etc, like you see in Dallas with their fans. But nothing. Maybe that's the Rodgers effect, or it's just a given they're fans. Only Packery thing I noticed was some rentals across from Lambeau that had been painted up green and funny wooden cutouts of former players in the yard.

The area around the stadium is sort of weird now. The stuff right across Lombardi has been developed by people trying to make a buck with AirBNB rentals, but they've faced a ton of roadblocks with the city with zoning restrictions (because they'd rather their money go to Kohler than private citizens). A lot of those megahouses still remain, some are grandfathered, and some were purchased by companies for private parties, etc. If you drove through the streets of any of the residential houses straight north or south you should have seen plenty of Packers support. The areas east and west of the stadium are largely commercial, but even the overpasses have stamped Packers stuff on them.

All across the state you should see plenty of support of all the WI teams. I'm pretty surprised you had any other impression.

Also next time anyone is in the area (Madison area) hit me up and let's jam on some pinball!

#31518 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

All across the state you should see plenty of support of all the WI teams. I'm pretty surprised you had any other impression.

Yeah I was super surprised. We followed the coast the whole way so maybe that is more transplants or rentals. Oh we saw a TARDIS in someone's front yard. A FREAKIN TARDIS. TBH that may have been UP Mich, not sure. But a full-sized TARDIS. Had to stop for that one.

The Titletown place was a huge hit. Definitely worth visiting for anyone with kids regardless of how you feel about the Pack. The giant grass/sloped roof building never saw so much runnings and tumblings

#31519 2 years ago

Bucks in 6!

I haven't spotted Rodgers. Dude must just really hate championships.

#31520 2 years ago

Kardasian Kurse!

#31521 2 years ago

Bucks in 6!
I haven't spotted Rodgers. Dude must just really hate championships.

Rogers back for another year is my guess. What QB is in the wings?

#31522 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Rogers back for another year is my guess. What QB is in the wings?

Lynn Dickey

#31524 2 years ago

Both underrated!

#31525 2 years ago

Coaches getting shitcanned for no vaccine, love it.

#31526 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Coaches getting shitcanned for no vaccine, love it.

NFL playing hardball, saying teams will forfeit games and players won't get paid if teams become super spreaders. You may see more of this.

I doubt any stars will face anything besides pressure, but if you are a bubble player and refuse to get the vaccine, why keep you hanging around? Plenty of other players ready to step up and take your place. Same with coaches.

I almost have to wonder...will the people who swore off the NFL for life over the kneeling come back in droves when some of their favorite players refuse to vaccinate? Seems pretty on brand for that kind of reactionary thinking. Washington is one of the lowest vaxxed teams in the league, so come on and join the bandwagon!

I have no doubt at some point in the season this is gonna screw the WFT. I really hope Rivera cracks the whip a little bit on these guys. You can't cut Montez Sweat but you can shame him I guess?

#31527 2 years ago

You got some big players on the no list so probably nothing will happen.

Anyone starting to think Micheal Thomas is done?

#31528 2 years ago

There will likely be litigation but either way it's going to screw things up. I'm curious who will lose the most, players or owners and the NFL, seems to me the biggest losers are owners and the NFL. Can't be worse then last years I hope

#31529 2 years ago

Season is getting close! I seem to remember betting with someone about this season’s results.

Jaybird815 was it you? $50 bucks for best record between Bears and Bengals?

#31530 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Season is getting close! I seem to remember betting with someone about this season’s results.
Jaybird815 was it you? $50 bucks for best record between Bears and Bengals?

See you in week 2, and $100 with Bobby Hill.

Edit: Winner of that game the tie-breaker?

#31531 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

See you in week 2, and $100 with Bobby Hill.
Edit: Winner of that game the tie-breaker?

Works for me! Is that game in Chi town or Cincy?

#31532 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NFL playing hardball, saying teams will forfeit games and players won't get paid if teams become super spreaders.

So you're telling me the Lions actually have a path to the Superbowl?? Does 12-5 with 10 wins by forfeit get an asterisk?

#31533 2 years ago

#31534 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Works for me! Is that game in Chi town or Cincy?

Chicago

#31535 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

foles will be traded to the jets

I still think Foles to the Jets will happen.

#31536 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I still think Foles to the Jets will happen.

Is Foles the next casell? A backup with short history of success who played himself into an endless succession of teams and big contracts despite the obvious fact that he sucks?

Sure seems that way.

#31537 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is Foles the next casell? A backup with short history of success who played himself into an endless succession of teams and big contracts despite the obvious fact that he sucks?
Sure seems that way.

Yep he may start 1 or 2 but will be the #2 .Still better than some of the nobodys my 49ers have had on their bench in the last several years.Easy money for Foles.

#31538 2 years ago

Oooo. I hope Randy is still at the helm for that game.

#31539 2 years ago

GB getting back together yada yada

Houston "now willing to trade Watson..." uff, what's that value at?

#31541 2 years ago

Did anyone really believe that Rodgers wasn't going to play for GB this season? I'm glad he's back. I want Minnesota to beat GB with Rodgers at QB, not Love.

#31542 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Did anyone really believe that....

Adams wasn't going to sign if Rodgers didn't come back? Nope.

#31543 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Adams wasn't going to sign if Rodgers didn't come back? Nope.

Adams is under contract plus potential franchise tags.

Watson and Rodgers should not have signed long term contracts if the want to be free agents. They want their cake (long term) but then they complain about the team they signed with.

Should take a lesson from Kirk Cousins.

#31544 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kirk Cousins did it right.

Probably my favorite NFL contract.

#31545 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Did anyone really believe that Rodgers wasn't going to play for GB this season? I'm glad he's back. I want Minnesota to beat GB with Rodgers at QB, not Love.

Daltons going to destroy them both and cement his place in Canton.

#31546 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Daltons going to destroy them both and cement his place in Canton.

Chicago style Randy might be the most dangerous yet.

ED82AB1B-2328-4AEE-9B74-13C3335D68C6 (resized).jpegED82AB1B-2328-4AEE-9B74-13C3335D68C6 (resized).jpeg
#31547 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chicago style Randy might be the most dangerous yet. [quoted image]

His power gem is definitely orange.

#31548 2 years ago

It sounds like the agreement is a void of the 2023 contract year and an agreement that the franchise tag won't be used.

That means he's still under contract for next year, and we can still trade him after the 21 season. So assuming he wants out we can still land some significant picks/players in return.

#31549 2 years ago

It sounds like the agreement is a void of the 2023 contract year and an agreement that the franchise tag won't be used.
That means he's still under contract for next year, and we can still trade him after the 21 season. So assuming he wants out we can still land some significant picks/players in return.

I was going to suggest something like that where they both get something the want and don’t want.

#31550 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was going to suggest something like that where they both get something the want and don’t want.

It's not a compromise unless everyone is unhappy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 631 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/631 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.