pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
C59A0FC7-B657-4BA7-8FC8-E82F6A715156 (resized).png
95B0470D-DB95-4C4A-B68A-021F043ADCE0 (resized).jpeg
pick (resized).png
245 (resized).png
83C30CC6-6B29-4F34-9CFB-CC23B02B6957 (resized).jpeg

There are 31446 posts in this topic. You are on page 627 of 629.
#31301 42 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they can't cajole Rodgers back onto the field in 2021, the Packers are basically fucked. Not really a way out of this for them.

There's not really a way out of this for Rodgers.. He's under contract. He can retire (which would suck for our cap situation), but that's his only real leverage. He doesn't have a no-trade clause. What situation is better for him than GB? He'd rather play in DEN? Good luck, especially after they trade us their blue chip players to make that deal happen.

I think he wanted to go to SF, and they passed on him (AGAIN!). LAR seemed like they were a potential suitor, too, but that obviously didn't work out. Maybe no one really wants to deal with his shit? So his options are suddenly limited.

I don't think the public reaction was what he was expecting. Now you're starting to see some of his buddies with media connections start to soften his message and walk some things back. Just today James Jones says that 12 doesn't want Gutey fired and thinks everything is 'fixable'.

#31302 42 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Rodgers for Watson who says no?

20+ women....allegedly?

#31303 42 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's not really a way out of this for Rodgers.. He's under contract. He can retire (which would suck for our cap situation), but that's his only real leverage.

Seems like pretty good leverage to me.

Without Rodgers they are in poor shape. Jordan Love or Nick Mullens ain't no Aaron Rodgers.

#31304 42 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like pretty good leverage to me.
Without Rodgers they are in poor shape. Jordan Love or Nick Mullens ain't no Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe. He's gonna be real pissed when Jeopardy! passes on him for Anderson Cooper.

#31305 42 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe GB can rework his contract to make him more happy?

Sure they could, but fuck him, he signed the contract. Once again I don't think he has the stones to do a power move. Traded to AFC West cellar maybe.

#31306 42 days ago

Maybe. He's gonna be real pissed when Jeopardy! passes on him for Anderson Cooper.

He'll be ok. Likely a TV gig if he wants it. No costly divorces. Millions in the bank.

Does he really need the Packers more than they need him?

#31307 42 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Image is a big issue, but don;t know how that would work. If he quits on his teammates and title town for god sakes, that's a horrible fucking look. Then again peeps would probably forget the next week these days

#31308 42 days ago

I just think it's silly to discount 12's "leverage" when you consider the "look" of Matt Barkley starting week 1 for the Packers, or getting zero in return if he retires rather than traded.

Rodgers has his ring already so does he really need the bullshit? I could easily see him opting for the "my way or the highway" choice.

The Pack will need to move on from him sooner rather than later anyway so it could just move things up a couple years.

#31309 42 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just think it's silly to discount 12's "leverage" when you consider the "look" of Matt Barkley starting week 1 for the Packers...

Well that's the stones part of it. It's clearly aboot monies and they don't think he's going to hold out.
If he wanted to be traded, he would have gone to them before the draft and say he wanted out...or less likely he did and they told him to relax. Probably just stand off for awHile and then give him a little cash. I think I heard June has something to do with this? Bonii or something?

#31310 42 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Point me to a realistic trade that provides him a better road to the SB than GB.

If he actually cares about winning, yes, he needs us just as much as we need him.

Recency bias also plays a role here... he was MVP last year, but the prior 3-4 years were down years, and it certainly looked like he was trending away from greatness rather than toward it.

Not that I necessarily agree with the pick, but Gutey's mistake wasn't in selecting a project QB to backup our aging HOF QB at the most important position in football.. His biggest mistake was underestimating what a whiney little bitch Aaron Rodgers is.

The narrative that he didn't get enough help is also just complete BS. Directly at WR? Maybe not, unless you consider that Davante Adams was a draft pick (and we didn't need to expend a first on him). We also spent 3 draft picks on WRs in 2018. We re-signed Aaron Jones which seemed practically impossible.
Prior to the Love pick, here are the last 5 first round picks made by GB. Which one of these guys are you throwing back for a WR?

#31311 42 days ago

Point me to a realistic trade that provides him a better road to the SB than GB.

I’d like to see him on the WFT. They have some good young weapons and a fantastic defense.

Or the Browns. Even better.

#31312 42 days ago

The drafts have been fine, which is why its straight cash homie.

Edit:obviously sans Love

#31313 42 days ago

If he actually cares about winning, he would have run it in instead of passing 3 times in a row.

Cant argue this.

#31315 42 days ago

Ok, then it 100% makes no sense. What a fucktard. Have fun at Woodley's Denver pad

#31316 42 days ago

I feel like Chicago would have been the best fit remaining, but they're in division and now totally stacked at qb with Foles and Randy.

#31317 42 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

I feel like Chicago would have been the best fit remaining, but they're in division and now totally stacked at qb with Foles and Randy.

Washington would be a great fit.

I doubt they could swing that trade regardless. Seems like it's FItz in 2021 and figure out the QB thing the next season.

#31318 40 days ago

Watched a few minutes of Spring League football. Wasn't even aware this was a thing. The only washout I recognized was Ryan Mallett.

It's funny to watch because there's no fans in the stands - and I mean zero, not even family. But frequent loud, fake cheering in the telecast

#31319 40 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

Wasn't even aware this was a thing.

I didnt till I read this

#31320 39 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didnt till I read this

I still don’t know if it’s a thing. Do games air on ESPN 8?

#31321 39 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I still don’t know if it’s a thing. Do games air on ESPN 8?

hah it's fit for the ocho, but believe it or not broadcast Fox. We'll see if they ever air it again!

#31322 39 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

Watched a few minutes of Spring League football. Wasn't even aware this was a thing. The only washout I recognized was Ryan Mallett.

I watched the first series, then turned the channel after the one announcer said "Up next, the return of Ryan Mallett to pro football!" I couldn't take anymore.
tenor.gif

#31323 38 days ago

Tebow time in Jax?Looks like they are signing him for TE.Of course that won't work out but Fullback maybe.I can still remember Tebow turning the corner one on one with the supposed best CB in the league(Revis) and Revis diving out of harms way to not get trucked.Probably just a publicity stunt but I'm rooting for him anyway.

#31324 38 days ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Probably just a publicity stunt but I'm rooting for him anyway.

Definitely just a publicity stunt. This is where Tebow belonged from the start, if he'd have admitted it ten years ago he could have had himself an actual NFL career. Of course he took a lot less physical abuse commentating and playing minor league ball and maybe the book sales were enough that he doesn't miss the money. Will be interesting to see if he's got anything left in the tank or if he washes out during preseason.

#31325 36 days ago

Bortles to GB. I think it's safe to move on from Rodgers now.

#31326 36 days ago

Brightside news of the day, we get to play DET twice.

#31327 36 days ago

Looking to potentially check out an away stadium this year. Anyone in KC or NO have a tailgate a buddy and I might be able to join?

#31328 36 days ago

Looking to potentially check out an away stadium this year. Anyone in KC or NO have a tailgate a buddy and I might be able to join?

THey don't really tailgate in New Orleans as there's barely any parking. Not too tough to find a party though.

#31329 35 days ago

We are planning on the KC GB game. Hopefully we can make it work.

#31330 35 days ago

Brightside news of the day, we get to play DET twice.

Count those chickens!

#31331 35 days ago

Also KC is killer for tailgating.

unnamed (resized).jpg
#31332 35 days ago

Arrowhead for sure one of the top places I would want to go.

#31333 35 days ago

Me too. BBQ capitol of the world!!!

I'd love to go to Kaufman for a game too.

#31334 35 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me too. BBQ capitol of the world!!!
I'd love to go to Kaufman for a game too.

Don;t know much aboot that one other than the Crowned scoreboard in the middle. Don;t really know much aboot baseball stadiums in general, only been to PNC & Comerica.

#31335 35 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t know much aboot that one other than the Crowned scoreboard in the middle. Don;t really know much aboot baseball stadiums in general, only been to PNC & Comerica.

Kaufman is pretty unique with it's 70s spaceship design and that fountain in the outfield. It was the ONLY baseball-only stadium built in the 70s, when everybody was building the concrete donut "dual use" stadiums. I think it was the last baseball only facility built for about 20 years, when the new Comiskey and Camden Yards went up.

#31336 35 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was the ONLY baseball-only stadium built in the 70s,....

Ahhh, never thought aboot that.

#31337 35 days ago

Arrowhead and Kaufman stadiums are an asset to our community and the locals are very proud of them. In short - they rock. Fortunately our City has not been desperate enough to sell the naming rights - yet. Hope they never go that route. The complex is located just East of downtown KC, only a few minutes to drive on most days. Tailgating has always been a great passion for some. Others, like myself, usually stay away from the stadium on game day and prefer to celebrate at home. Some are still nursing a hangover and some haven't stopped partying from the night before. One thing is for sure - KC is not your typical Midwestern Flyover City. Come on by and enjoy some great BBQ and some hometown Boulevard beer. Arrowhead fans will typically NOT throw batteries or assault visiting fans. We're too happy just having an excellent qb for once. Deacon, I don't tailgate but you are always welcome to swing by and enjoy a few cold ones and play some games.

#31338 35 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

We are planning on the KC GB game. Hopefully we can make it work.

Awesome! I was trying to make it out in 2019 but the dates didn't work. I figured I was out of luck for the next 8 years. Arrowhead has been #1 on my away stadium list forever. I'm excited that this might actually work out.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Arrowhead and Kaufman stadiums are an asset to our community and the locals are very proud of them. In short - they rock. Fortunately our City has not been desperate enough to sell the naming rights - yet.

Same with Lambeau. There's always talk of someone 'sponsoring' the stadium. I think at worst it will be Lambeau Field sponsored by Fleet Farm, or whatever. I could probably live with that. Miller Park was the one corporate named stadium that made perfect sense to me. AmFam came in and made a 'take it now or we walk' offer to the Brewers and they took it. My little form of protest is to never acknowledge the name change.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Deacon, I don't tailgate but you are always welcome to swing by and enjoy a few cold ones and play some games.

Very cool, I'll keep everyone posted. I appreciate the hospitality!

#31339 35 days ago

Same with Lambeau. There's always talk of someone 'sponsoring' the stadium. I think at worst it will be Lambeau Field sponsored by Fleet Farm, or whatever. I could probably live with that...

Take all the "free" monies you can. It'll be like Mile High when it changed to ___ @ Mile High. See, I don't even remember it!
EDIT: Invesco?

#31340 35 days ago

Awesome! I was trying to make it out in 2019 but the dates didn't work. I figured I was out of luck for the next 8 years. Arrowhead has been #1 on my away stadium list forever. I'm excited that this might actually work out.

Same with Lambeau. There's always talk of someone 'sponsoring' the stadium. I think at worst it will be Lambeau Field sponsored by Fleet Farm, or whatever. I could probably live with that. Miller Park was the one corporate named stadium that made perfect sense to me. AmFam came in and made a 'take it now or we walk' offer to the Brewers and they took it. My little form of protest is to never acknowledge the name change.

Very cool, I'll keep everyone posted. I appreciate the hospitality!

I havent watched too many Brewer games this year unfortunately..... Does Bernie slide down an Auto Insurance Policy Declaration Sheet now after every homerun?

I have a coworker that grew up in KC.... she brings me BBQ every time she goes home. If you don't go to Arrowhead, I will go in your place, the BBQ is amazing.

#31341 35 days ago
Screenshot_20210513-200937_Chrome (resized).jpg
#31342 35 days ago

Ha thats pretty good.

#31343 35 days ago

As a Seahawks fan, I can relate to the Wilson scenario. Over multiple years. Geeze.

#31344 29 days ago

In NFL related news, the NBA is soooooo boring.

#31345 29 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

In NFL related news, the NBA is soooooo boring.

Not a fan of the play in games? I think it's a fun twist.

MLB has a real problem though with the strikeout epidemic.

#31346 29 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

MLB has a real problem though with the strikeout epidemic.

I’m tuning in to a Sea Vs KC game at Kauffman before an NBA game, shits unwatchable, love March Madness tho

#31347 29 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

I thought it was a good idea when I thought Lakers or Warriors loser would get eliminated, which they don't. So what is the point again? They are playing 1 game to decide which team is the 8th and 7th seed....which is already decided.
Neat.

#31348 28 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought it was a good idea when I thought Lakers or Warriors loser would get eliminated, which they don't. So what is the point again? They are playing 1 game to decide which team is the 8th and 7th seed....which is already decided.
Neat.

I honestly believed this as well, hoping I would wake up to find out who was eliminated, how dumb. 3 or 4 teams monopolize the stars, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#31349 28 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m tuning in to a Sea Vs KC game at Kauffman before an NBA game, shits unwatchable, love March Madness tho

I would agree but March Madness has become unwatchable also. I dont blame the kids one bit for bailing after their freshman year for the NBA, but makes for a boring product overall. Its sad as ive grown older and can only get into NFL football , it was more fun when I enjoyed everything.

At least we have the Olympics this year.

#31350 28 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are playing 1 game to decide which team is the 8th and 7th seed....which is already decided.
Neat.

No.

Lakers win = 7th seed.

Warriors (L) have to play winner of other play in game to decide who can be the 8th seed.

Essentially 3 teams can play in to the 8th seed.

There are 31446 posts in this topic. You are on page 627 of 629.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside