pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 624 of 1,514.
#31151 2 years ago

Trevor Lawrence, 8th grade, outside of the Emporium pool hall, 1976

mitch (resized).pngmitch (resized).png
#31152 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes the Eagles are paying Flacco $3.5M for the year, would rather have Bridgwater for less.

$3.5 mil base, and $4 mil more available via performance based incentives. I think he’s gonna try to win the job and double his salary. Why else would they incentivize his contract?

And the Birds will probably draft another QB with Roseman and the shitshow going on here.

#31153 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Trevor Lawrence, 8th grade, outside of the Emporium pool hall, 1976
[quoted image]

Hey that guy already grew up into Tim Lincecum

TL (resized).jpgTL (resized).jpg
#31154 2 years ago

Bengals need Sewell, not a sexy receiver. Final answer

#31155 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Bengals need Sewell, not a sexy receiver. Final answer

They need OL. Not Sewell. They take OL 2 of the first three to 4 picks, I’m happy. If they only take Sewell in the first four picks for OL, I’ll be pissed.

And they are 100% taking Chase. Haha

#31156 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They need OL. Not Sewell. They take OL 2 of the first three to 4 picks, I’m happy. If they only take Sewell in the first four picks for OL, I’ll be pissed.

And they are 100% taking Chase. Haha

Agree, I think the Bengals take Chase 1st round and then OL second and fourth.

#31157 2 years ago

Could be that Sewell will end a career as a HOFer but I just feel he didn't play in a conference that is as tuff and loaded as say the SEC with LSU and Alabama so I question how he will actually fare in the NFL. He's very talented I get it and ones conference is not the golden standard or sole indicator in how a player will perform but I do feel the foundations laid in conferences such as SEC or Big Ten produce more often than the lesser conferences.

#31158 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Could be that Sewell will end a career as a HOFer but I just feel he didn't play in a conference that is as tuff and loaded as say the SEC with LSU and Alabama so I question how he will actually fare in the NFL. He's very talented I get it and ones conference is not the golden standard or sole indicator in how a player will perform but I do feel the foundations laid in conferences such as SEC or Big Ten produce more often than the lesser conferences.

Agree, but I did read an interesting article that those programs invest far more in development of offensive weapons e.g. QB/WR than OLines. I don't think there is a wrong answer for the Bengals, but there are better answers than others.

#31159 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Agree, but I did read an interesting article that those programs invest far more in development of offensive weapons e.g. QB/WR than OLines. I don't think there is a wrong answer for the Bengals, but there are better answers than others.

The great thing for the Bengals and the way things are going is that you guys have great options and will be as closer to "sure fire" than other teams. With everyone above you in play for QB or trading out for someone to jump in for a QB you will get a pick of the cream of the crop. My guess for Cinci is Chase.

#31160 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

I don't think there is a wrong answer for the Bengals...

Oh there's always a wrong way for them, just wait.

#31161 2 years ago
12C743A9-0A24-4FE9-BF5A-3F465F745B5B (resized).jpeg12C743A9-0A24-4FE9-BF5A-3F465F745B5B (resized).jpeg
#31162 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh there's always a wrong way for them, just wait.

I hope the Steelers trade up and get Pitts

#31163 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Um, OK.

Anyway, Harris I would interested in for sure. Probably go O-Line though.

#31164 2 years ago

Definitely need OL to protect grandpa Ben.

#31165 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely need OL to protect grandpa Ben.

Yup, need a good Running attack so he can sit back there and get a couple John Elway garbage rings

#31166 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Don’t see that happening. All the mock drafts so far say they are taking a RB, either Harris or the other guy from Clemson.

#31167 2 years ago

Yeah. Who’s RB1 right now?

#31168 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Who’s RB1 right now?

Snell

#31169 2 years ago

Yuck. Haha. Yeah they need RB bad.

#31170 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They could always bring Jerome Bettis back. LOL.

#31171 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah they let Connor walk because he wasn't really impressing anyone.

So Harris or Etienne if they go that way. They better be sure, don't have much history drafting a first rd RB.

#31172 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah they let Connor walk because he wasn't really impressing anyone.
So Harris or Etienne if they go that way. They better be sure, don't have much history drafting a first rd RB.

Yeah as long as I’ve been paying attention, not too many offensive players in general that I remember outside of OL.

#31173 2 years ago

How you feeling Aaron Rodgers?

#31174 2 years ago

Shitty day at work, so I decided to take a minute and check in on draft buzz!!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pnggiphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif

#31175 2 years ago

Well luckily we're all used to his whiny-ness for the last decade

#31176 2 years ago

As much as I like to watch the draft, but there is a lot of uncertainty about who will be good that we don't see until months/years down the road. I was just looking that S.F. drafted two QB in 2000 and neither one was named Tom Brady. No. 65 overall: QB Giovanni Carmazzi, and seventh-round pick on Tim Rattay.

The point being that some little know folks could become, well great.

You see Tribitsky drafted before Watson and Mahomes etc.

I am just going to point out a few examples of that people don't know nothing.

George Kittle
At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Kittle was projected to be a third or fourth round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked the fifth best tight end prospect in the draft by NFL analyst Mike Mayock, sixth best by NFL analyst Gil Brandt, and was ranked the eighth best tight end by NFLDraftScout.com
The San Francisco 49ers selected Kittle in the fifth round with the 146th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
On August 13, Kittle signed a five-year, $75 million contract with the 49ers with an $18 million signing bonus, making him the highest-paid tight end in the league.

Lamar Jackson
On January 5, 2018, Jackson announced that he would enter the 2018 NFL Draft. Some draft pundits doubted Jackson's quarterback abilities and suggested that he switch positions due to his athleticism, but he remained adamant about his intention to play quarterback professionally.
Jackson was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the first round with the 32nd overall pick in the draft; He was the fifth quarterback selected that year.
Jackson was voted the MVP of the 2019 season. He became the second player in history after Tom Brady to be voted unanimously and the second-youngest player to win, behind only Jim Brown.
*** Sam Darnald was the 3rd pick and Josh Rosen was the 10th pick.

We could list hundreds of examples of guys who might not look like much that can become great.

#31177 2 years ago

This is what we call a "Aaron Rodgers sad pep talk."

AKA, don;t fuck up the draft again guys.

#31178 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is a whiner. But I’ll give him credit for banging Olivia Munn for a long time.

But even with her it was one and done, like his Super Bowl rings.

ABFC60F1-AA90-4030-BB45-FB7CCB576B14 (resized).jpegABFC60F1-AA90-4030-BB45-FB7CCB576B14 (resized).jpegB7233F75-D90F-47A0-8D85-14D8A816B014 (resized).jpegB7233F75-D90F-47A0-8D85-14D8A816B014 (resized).jpeg
#31179 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'd take it.

#31180 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He seems to have gone out of his way the past couple years though. Amazing QB but what an insufferable human he has become. "Beautiful mystery", gross

#31181 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

"Beautiful mystery", gross

I actually liked that one, gave him a sort of "Bill Belichick on acid" vibe.

#31182 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I actually liked that one, gave him a sort of "Bill Belichick on acid" vibe.

In his defense, Green Bay did draft a backup QB in round 1 with a clear need for a receiver.

Not to mention the abysmal play calling in the playoffs. Insane

#31183 2 years ago

Green Bay QB drama never fails to disappoint - actually kinda shocked they wouldn't take pick 3 for a disgruntled 37yo QB.

Maybe we still see a blockbuster trade before 8:30 tonight?

#31184 2 years ago

I still have no idea why the Saints want to trade up into the top 10 picks. We have so many needs, seems senseless to give up draft capital unless there is a stud at a needed position.

#31185 2 years ago

If Olivia Munn can't make you happy nothing can.Maybe he gets the Jeopardy gig and walks away

#31186 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

He is a whiner. But I’ll give him credit for banging Olivia Munn for a long time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

as John Wayne used to say She"ll Do.A Rodgers come to SF you know you been slow burning since the draft

#31187 2 years ago

Zach Wilson looks like he permanently has the Snapchat baby filter on him.

#31188 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

If Olivia Munn can't make you happy nothing can.Maybe he gets the Jeopardy gig and walks away

Well, Danica Patrick and Kelly Rohrbach couldn't make him happy either.

kr_si (resized).jpgkr_si (resized).jpg
#31189 2 years ago

He should be pissed about drafting a qb last year. It's fair to put the team on notice before they blow another 1st round pick on someone who wont help his superbowl chances.

#31190 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He should be pissed about drafting a qb last year. It's fair to put the team on notice before they blow another 1st round pick on someone who wont help his superbowl chances.

Yeah, but ironically, all I heard last year was how Wentz (scumbag) was all sour about the Eagles drafting Hurts, and Aaron Rodgers was such a trooper when they drafted a backup to him. Rogers didn’t whine at all.

Yeah....right.

#31191 2 years ago

Nice! Pitts to Falcons! Now they can go 7-10

#31192 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Nice! Pitts to Falcons! Now they can go 7-10

A record the Bengals could only dream of.

#31193 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A record the Bengals could only dream of.

Have we really been reduced to a Bears fan roasting a Bengal fan?

#31194 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Have we really been reduced to a Bears fan roasting a Bengal fan?

Yes, you’re still the Bengals

#31195 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yes, you’re still the Bengals

With Andy Dalton, so are you. We are now one.

#31196 2 years ago

Yeah pretty embarrassing the Bears have turned to Randy Dalton.

#31197 2 years ago

Lol, Bears will win more games this year than the Bengals. Any friendly wagers out there?

#31198 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, Bears will win more games this year than the Bengals. Any friendly wagers out there?

Sure. I’ll bet you $50.

#31199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

#31200 2 years ago

Deal and deal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 624 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/624?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.