pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 623 of 1,514.
#31101 3 years ago

I'm still early in my draft research, but day 2+ guys I'd really like to add...

Quinn Meinerz (OL)
Tutu Atwell (WR)
Chazz Surratt (LB)

#31103 3 years ago

Like any fan I'd be thrilled with J'Dinkalage but really I just need all the things TN defense replaced.

#31104 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Like any fan I'd be thrilled with J'Dinkalage but really I just need all the things TN defense replaced.

Clowney leaving is a good start.

#31105 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

hah yeah that didn't work out. Clowney is curious. He looks like a prototypical edge rusher, but really he's a good run stuffer who gets pressure but not sacks.

I'd still have been fine with bringing him back, but in the end the defense was so bad you have to blow it all up. Except for the coaches with the weird defense that must play all coverage 10 yards off the receiver of course. Lock those guys down!

#31106 3 years ago

Alex Smith Retires.....thank god.

#31107 3 years ago

Apparently he was snow boarding with the family and had an epiphany.

Well whatever it takes. Glad he’s hanging it up.

#31108 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apparently he was snow boarding with the family and had an epiphany. Well whatever it takes. Glad he’s hanging it up.

You'd think the $200 lift tickets, $20 burgers and $9 Cokes would have convinced him he needs another year or two of salary to make this early retirement thing work out.

#31109 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Personally I don't think he's going to make a big difference in Cleveland

#31110 3 years ago

Every year this time I start to get real sick thinking about the upcoming draft .

682AF8D2-B3DA-4719-8F53-D447C3112556 (resized).jpeg682AF8D2-B3DA-4719-8F53-D447C3112556 (resized).jpeg741B467D-D0F5-4248-B5CA-88CADDCBA46B (resized).png741B467D-D0F5-4248-B5CA-88CADDCBA46B (resized).png
#31111 3 years ago

Jordan Reed hangs 'em up!

Another unfortunate concussion case. Was a great player 6 years ago for one season.

#31112 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jordan Reed hangs 'em up!
Another unfortunate concussion case. Was a great player 6 years ago for one season.

I would be happier for Jordan Reed if you had posted this 6 years ago. Beast when healthy, but dude likely gonna have trouble holding a spoon in 20 years

#31113 3 years ago

Hoping the Bengals go sexy in the draft with J. Chase, but they really need the boring pick, Sewell.

#31114 3 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Hoping the Bengals go sexy in the draft with J. Chase, but they really need the boring pick, Sewell.

Agreed, this is probably a case of taking care of your needs before your wants. Wouldn't be surprised by or upset with either pick.

#31115 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Agreed, this is probably a case of taking care of your needs before your wants. Wouldn't be surprised by or upset with either pick.

I would think they take Sewell hands down but there are more than a few good OL in this draft so I'd not be surprised if the took Chase and then OL in the second rd.

#31116 3 years ago

We are at the point I am really missing the NFL...

#31117 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We are at the point I am really missing the NFL...

Agree. After the NCAA Tournament, the long void begins. Every year I really try to like baseball. It doesn't work.

#31118 3 years ago

I've been watching 2-3 games a week on youtube (the NFL games are free through may)

#31119 3 years ago

This 3 month period between the SUper Bowl and the draft is a noxious void of endless "mock drafts" masquerading as news, "mock FA boards" masquerading as news, and tons of other filler bullshit intended to keep people clicking. Outside of that one week where FA signings and cuts are actually happening, it's pretty painful.

I learned long ago to avoid most of this crap but it can't help but filter down sometimes. THe funny thing is almost none of this shit ever actually happens...I keep hearing Washington is going to trade their entire draft and more for Trey Lance and I know it's complete horseshit. Just like the rest of the "mock trades" these charlatans come up with!

#31120 3 years ago

Ryan Leaf is now a radio host.

This deserves a Come on Man!

He was talking about how Peyton and he both had adversity in their first year (Leaf actually won more games than Peyton that year).

Pay Mcafee has a good podcast/radio shows.

#31121 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ryan Leaf is now a radio host.
This deserves a Come on Man!
He was talking about how Peyton and he both had adversity in their first year (Leaf actually won more games than Peyton that year).
Pay Mcafee has a good podcast/radio shows.

Leaf is going to be a punchline forever but at the very least it seems like he's managed to get his shit together. Doesn't seem like he's gotten arrested for 8 years or so, and he's still alive, and I don't think you'd have been able to find a bookie willing to take either bet a decade ago.

Still...I can't imagine there's any former NFL player I'd have less interest in hearing pontificate about...anything. Maybe Art Schlister?

#31122 3 years ago

Errr...never mind. He managed to get himself arrested last year.

Ryan Leaf: Eternal punchline and fuck up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29212949/former-qb-ryan-leaf-arrested-domestic-battery-charge

#31123 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This 3 month period between the SUper Bowl and the draft is a noxious void of endless "mock drafts" masquerading as news, "mock FA boards" masquerading as news, and tons of other filler bullshit intended to keep people clicking. Outside of that one week where FA signings and cuts are actually happening, it's pretty painful.
I learned long ago to avoid most of this crap but it can't help but filter down sometimes. THe funny thing is almost none of this shit ever actually happens...I keep hearing Washington is going to trade their entire draft and more for Trey Lance and I know it's complete horseshit. Just like the rest of the "mock trades" these charlatans come up with!

Everybody collectively throws pasta at the walls in the hopes they look really smart someday.

#31124 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Everybody collectively throws pasta at the walls in the hopes they look really smart someday.

Who the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway?

#31125 3 years ago

Ravens trade Orlando Brown to the Chiefs.Looks like a one year rental as Brown will need a new contract and the Chiefs will have 150 million tied up in 6 players for 2022.Going for it this year it seems.

#31126 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:Ravens trade Orlando Brown to the Chiefs.Looks like a one year rental as Brown will need a new contract and the Chiefs will have 150 million tied up in 6 players for 2022.Going for it this year it seems.

They went ALL in on fixing that line after the Super Bowl kind of exposed them (im ignorant, were the Chiefs known for having bad o-line?). They really wanna make the most out of Mahomes' prime years, which is smart in my opinion. Guys like him dont come around often.

Wish my team would invest in more than a couple potatoes to block.

#31127 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They went ALL in on fixing that line after the Super Bowl kind of exposed them (im ignorant, were the Chiefs known for having bad o-line?). They really wanna make the most out of Mahomes' prime years, which is smart in my opinion. Guys like him dont come around often.
Wish my team would invest in more than a couple potatoes to block.</blockquote

Wish my team would invest in more than a couple potatoes to block.

Injuries crushed the line and the final blow was losing Fisher in the championship game. This makes two big acquisitions along with two covid opt out players returning.

Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ravens trade Orlando Brown to the Chiefs.Looks like a one year rental as Brown will need a new contract and the Chiefs will have 150 million tied up in 6 players for 2022.Going for it this year it seems.

He will get a contract. Can't see all that draft capital being sent for a one year rental.

#31128 3 years ago

For sure it is important to protect the best player in the league.Brown could be franchise tagged but for a left tackle that is expensive.If he walks after next year a 3rd round comp pick should be expected.Keep in mind honey badger also needs a new contract.

#31129 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:For sure it is important to protect the best player in the league.Brown could be franchise tagged but for a left tackle that is expensive.If he walks after next year a 3rd round comp pick should be expected.Keep in mind honey badger also needs a new contract.

Yes they’ll get a comp pick. Unless of
Course they sign any free agents.

People have comp pick fever lately but I think they forget it’s not guaranteed. You sign some
Other free agent while losing one it may cancel it out.

This acquisition is quite possibly an expensive rental. That’s to be decided next year.

#31130 3 years ago

Chiefs were the big offer that caused san fran to drop the 20+ per year on trent williams. They are serious on addressing the line.

#31131 3 years ago

fixin to release my mock in a few days

#31132 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210426-081545 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210426-081545 (resized).png
#31133 2 years ago

Getting conflicting reports that have both the Pats moving up to Panthers position, and dropping down to trade for Jimmy G

#31134 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Getting conflicting reports that have both the Pats moving up to Panthers position, and dropping down to trade for Jimmy G

Reports or wild speculation?

#31135 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Reports or wild speculation?

Well. radio talk with both points, so yeah I have no idea

#31136 2 years ago

I am also seeing that Chase looks like the Bengals target at 5. ( Per reddit ) I guess I get to watch poor Burrow run around for his life on every throw.

Could be a very interesting draft to watch this year. I hope there is as much intrigue as all the sporting press says there is...

#31137 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I am also seeing that Chase looks like the Bengals target at 5. ( Per reddit ) I guess I get to watch poor Burrow run around for his life on every throw.
Could be a very interesting draft to watch this year. I hope there is as much intrigue as all the sporting press says there is...

“Per Reddit”

How on earth did you get through the zillion threads about new jerseys?

#31138 2 years ago

2 days away from reality.So what are your guesses for your team/teams 1st round pick.Seattle is easy-no one.As for the Broncos I'll go with Trey Lance(possible) or Micah Parsons(probable)Who you got.

Edit:After trading for Bridgewater moving down and targeting an inside LB seems plausible.

#31139 2 years ago

I’m an Eagles fan hope they get one of the top corners or LB.

#31140 2 years ago

I think the Lions will trade out when the qb run starts...if not they will take Chase.

#31141 2 years ago

I can't wait to see Pitts blow someones draft year.

#31142 2 years ago

There's more uncertainty in this draft than any other I can remember. It should be pretty entertaining to watch.

#31143 2 years ago

The Saints need LB help and a #2 WR. I still think they go Zaven Collins at LB. Terrence Marshall is the interesting possible pick in that place. He would help make Winston look good across from Thomas.

#31144 2 years ago

I predict Tennessee's 1st round pick cant be any worse than last year's

#31145 2 years ago

Cincinnati likely to take Chase #1st rd. and then offensive line in rd. #2

#31146 2 years ago

T. Bridgewater goes to the donkeys for a 6th round pick..and they have that Lock kid?!

DC2DE951-4346-4BF3-B967-5CA3AAEB11A8 (resized).jpegDC2DE951-4346-4BF3-B967-5CA3AAEB11A8 (resized).jpeg
#31147 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

T. Bridgewater goes to the donkeys for a 6th round pick..and they have that Lock kid?!
[quoted image]

Broncos acquired Bridgewater for a 6th and 3 million in salary with no guarantees in 2022.The Panthers ate the bulk of that contract.Denvers GM was in Minnesota when Bridgewater was drafted so he has famililarity.Denver will release Driskal and his 3.75 million contract thereby gaining a much better backup QB for less money.Not seeing the downside here.

#31148 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Broncos acquired Bridgewater for a 6th and 3 million in salary with no guarantees in 2022.The Panthers ate the bulk of that contract.Denvers GM was in Minnesota when Bridgewater was drafted so he has famililarity.Denver will release Driskal and his 3.75 million contract thereby gaining a much better backup QB for less money.Not seeing the downside here.

Yes the Eagles are paying Flacco $3.5M for the year, would rather have Bridgwater for less.

#31149 2 years ago

Can't wait! This will likely be the highlite of 2021 Lions football. What future HOF player will we pass on this year?

#31150 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Can't wait! This will likely be the highlite of 2021 Lions football. What future HOF player will we pass on this year?

Now that's not fair at all. At least mention the other just as likely possibility that they will draft a HOF player and suck the love of the game from his soul.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 623 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/623?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.