nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 616 of 1,516.
#30751 3 years ago

Damn Levi, I didn’t think it was possible for someone to hate the Patriots more than me.

#30752 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are finished. THere's no grand plan. They clearly have no idea what they are doing.

So it was their "plan" to purposely not pick a franchise quarterback until the 6th round for before going on to win multiple championships to prove the coach is magical? and now he has somehow lost said magical powers?! interesting

#30753 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What I do know is the Pats are gonna blow for the foreseeable and it's gonna be awesome watching the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills pile up the wins in a half-empty Foxboro.

On this we agree

#30754 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So it was their "plan" to purposely not pick a franchise quarterback until the 6th round for before going on to win multiple championships to prove the coach is magical? and now he has somehow lost said magical powers?! interesting

That’s pretty much what I said, yes.

#30755 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, I don't think they would have gone to 9 super bowls or whatever had it played out that way. But I guess we'll never know.
What I do know is the Pats are gonna blow for the foreseeable and it's gonna be awesome watching the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills pile up the wins in a half-empty Foxboro.
it'll be like the old Steve Grogan days! Maybe they'll bring back the old astroturf.

The Patriots lost to the Dolphins last game of regular season in a meaningful game (seeding) and lost to a mediocre Titans team in the playoffs during Bradys last year there.

I agree entirely that Brady is THE GOAT, but lets not pretend Bill B is a bad, or even mediocre coach. His team went to shit. Brady hand picked his next team and won a super bowl.

You hate the Patriots almost as much as I hate the Steelers, which is respectable.

#30756 3 years ago

Brees has announced that he’s retired. Next stop..Canton

#30757 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Brees has announced that he’s retired. Next stop..Canton

Hopefully he can keep his fuckin mouth shut on politics, he really seemed intent of fucking up his tv gigs for a while.

Glad he’s retiring. Probably hung around a year too long but doesn’t seem too worse for the wear. He was a great qb, I saw several games in New Orleans during their super bowl run and it was a sight to see!

#30758 3 years ago

NBC gig for Brees.Maybe a less caffeinated Romo.

#30759 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I know it won't be GB.

Looks like a decent deal all around.

#30760 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like a decent deal all around.

I clearly dont know anything. Glad we were able to get a deal done, I figured the rosenhaus signing was the end of the road.

#30761 3 years ago

The Taysom Hill contract is pretty interesting, 4yr/140 million, but entirely voidable after 1 year. Teams are getting pretty creative with freeing up cap space.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/here-are-signals-saints-are-sending-in-their-phantom-140-million-extension-with-taysom-hill-032108446.html

#30762 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30763 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Taysom Hill contract is pretty interesting, 4yr/140 million, but entirely voidable after 1 year. Teams are getting pretty creative with freeing up cap space.
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/here-are-signals-saints-are-sending-in-their-phantom-140-million-extension-with-taysom-hill-032108446.html

Can anyone explain what the thinking is here? I know nothing about Taysom Hill and that looks like a ton of money, but protections in place in the event he shits the bed after 1 season?

Not arguing who its a good deal for, its just way over my head. Maybe I am overthinking it.

#30764 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Can anyone explain what the thinking is here?

It's basically a 1 year deal for 12ish million that frees up cap space....so for him there is a little raise from what he was getting anyway.

#30765 3 years ago

Patriots signed tight end Jonuu Smith and should have 8 players back that sat out last season (assuming all 8 return). plus free agency has just began and the draft yet. finish this sentence:

I think old Bill is gonna surprise Levi with ____wins next season!

*I'll say at least 8.49 wins

#30766 3 years ago

Also shows the price is slowly creepin up on QBs whom can't throw a football

#30767 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Patriots signed tight end Jonuu Smith and should have 8 players back that sat out last season (assuming all 8 return). plus free agency has just began and the draft yet. finish this sentence:
I think old Bill is gonna surprise Levi with ___wins next season!
*I'll say at least 8.49 wins

They also sign LB Matthew Judan from Bal for 4yr/56 million, they’re spending a ton of money of free agents, which is something they normally don’t do.

#30768 3 years ago

Seems like the Pats are desperate to win the offseason.

It's unseemly! That's not the Patriot Way!

#30769 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like the Pats are desperate to win the offseason.
It's unseemly! That's not the Patriot Way!

They did have the 2nd most cap space behind the Jets. I think they’re just trying to prove you wrong.

#30770 3 years ago

Well I know from experience that overpaying a bunch of mediocre vets in the offseason never backfires on desperate teams!

#30771 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What I do know is the Pats are gonna blow for the foreseeable and it's gonna be awesome watching the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills pile up the wins in a half-empty Foxboro....it'll be like the old Steve Grogan days!

Uff, so even in their weakened state they'll still make a SB?!

#30772 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff, so even in their weakened state they'll still make a SB?!

I meant the 1-15 Steve Grogan days.

#30773 3 years ago

And they sign CB Jalen Mills from Phi for 4/24 million, I agree that signing a bunch of free agents rarely works.

#30774 3 years ago

Looks like Bellecheck's last hurrah

#30775 3 years ago

Shaq Barrett and Lavonte David back in TB..... Two critical signings for TB.... Glad to have both around.

#30776 3 years ago

KC got a needed OL too

#30777 3 years ago

Washington doing absolutely nothing with its massive cap space as of yet. Not even signing its own players to extentions. Also rumblings of Mitchell Trubiskey.

#30778 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully he can keep his fuckin mouth shut on politics, he really seemed intent of fucking up his tv gigs for a while.
Glad he’s retiring. Probably hung around a year too long but doesn’t seem too worse for the wear. He was a great qb, I saw several games in New Orleans during their super bowl run and it was a sight to see!

You mean he might say something that you disagree with!Damn it will just fire his ass!

#30779 3 years ago

Brees has been hired by NBC

#30780 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

KC got a needed OL too

After spending half a billion on a QB last season. Meanwhile, the Bengals who have THE worst oline in the NFL are out to lunch.

Im used to it.

#30781 3 years ago

Brees put his foot in his mouth over the kneeling during the anthem days..in honor of who-dey.. let's just say they shared the same opinion! but what I wonder is if that sore on his face will finally heal..

#30782 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what I wonder is if that sore on his face will finally heal..

Got to resolve the herpes before he goes on camera. One evening of Bob Costas’ pink eye soured me on the olympics for years!

#30783 3 years ago

Lol that Dupree contract! Tennessee's ceiling is 7-9

#30784 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Lol that Dupree contract! Tennessee's ceiling is 7-9

Wow, at least it’s only 3 years. I haven’t seen the guaranteed money on it.

#30785 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Brees put his foot in his mouth over the kneeling during the anthem days..in honor of who-dey.. let's just say they shared the same opinion! but what I wonder is if that sore on his face will finally heal..

You libs are just angry and mean!
God bless the queen Megan sucks balls!

#30786 3 years ago

Fitzmagic is bringing his talents & beard to the Redskins errr WFT! I hope that he slings it, and helps the skins errr WFT contend for the division! That division was a fn train wreck last year, yet, I still followed what was goin on..

#30787 3 years ago

well it saves that Heineken kid from getting burrow'd. he can learn from the comforts of the bench.. until the magic runs out

#30788 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

well it saves that Heineken kid from getting burrow'd. he can learn from the comforts of the bench.. until the magic runs out

Week 6

#30789 3 years ago

Then somehow like weeks 11-14 also?! Fitzmagic so confusing

#30790 3 years ago

Fitz huh?

Ok, what the fuck ever. Let’s roll.

#30791 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Washington doing absolutely nothing with its massive cap space as of yet. Not even signing its own players to extentions. Also rumblings of Mitchell Trubiskey.

The Cowboys only got a long snapper

#30792 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Cowboys only got a long snapper

An often underlooked player of importance!!!

#30793 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Meanwhile, the Bengals who have THE worst oline in the NFL are out to lunch.

They signed Hendrickson from Saints to replace Lawson but I'm really not all that excited about it. They need to get off the damn couch dump Bobby Hart and a couple others and get some OL players in there.

Rumor is Dalton may be headed to Chicago which doesn't make a lot of sense with Foles there but it's the Bears so who knows.

#30794 3 years ago

Interesting that the Patriots also sign Hunter Henry to go along with Jonuu Smith.

#30795 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Interesting that the Patriots also sign Hunter Henry to go along with Jonuu Smith.

2 things,
1. Return to their vaunted 2 TE packages without a murderer
2. When your QB cant throw over 6 yards get as many TE as possible

#30796 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Their "dream team" spending spree is gonna make their failure that much more satisfying next season.

I really think it's gonna be a shitshow. Seen it with Washington in 2000 and the Eagles in 2010.

#30797 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2 things,

I’m surprised that NE is sticking with Cam tho. He’s got a lot of heart and legs but his passing is horrible like Tim Tebow bad. I’d have liked if NE had got Fitz or Winston or someone better than Cam. But I’m confident that NE will be better than last year.

#30798 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2 things,

Shitty QBs lean heavy on their TEs.

#30799 3 years ago

I’m curious what people think about this.

They say the Eagles can’t get anything out of the WR they draft and horrible pics of JJWA and lesser of Agalor and Reagor and they should have drafted Justin Jefferson and DK Metcalf etc.

However who’s to say that JJ and DK would have been all pro players in Philly?

I’m an Eagles super fan but I’ve been greatly dissatisfied with Wentz for years thinking he throws into the ground or 7 feet too high, he’s not all that good and since his injuries has been less willing with his legs and scared in the pocket.

Look at Agalor who had ton of potential but didn’t do crap with the Eagles. My take is that’s more on Wentz and Peterson and that Medcalf and JJ while studs could have been much less players with the Eagles of the past several years.

#30800 3 years ago

Nah, I think DK and JJ would have been studs no matter where they landed. It's not like MN has anything other than a middle tier QB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 616 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/616?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.