pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 615 of 1,507.
#30701 3 years ago

4 years 160 million for Dak.126 million guaranteed with a no trade clause.

#30702 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Called it!

#30703 3 years ago

Not too much of a surprise there.

#30704 3 years ago

yeah another guy who generated hundreds of "Which team will sign Dak?!" clickbaits.

Was never going anywhere.

seems fair, smart of the cowboys to lock him up. THere's teams with a QB and teams without one and it sucks ass to be in the latter camp.

#30705 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

yeah another guy who generated hundreds of "Which team will sign Dak?!" clickbaits.
Was never going anywhere.
seems fair, smart of the cowboys to lock him up. THere's teams with a QB and teams without one and it sucks ass to be in the latter camp.

I agree, hard to go 8-8 without an elite quarterback.

#30706 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Bears seem to have it down pat.

#30707 3 years ago

He’s a good QB, I just don’t see how you spend that kind of cash when your team is lacking in so many other areas. Especially after pissing away wayyyyyyyy to much money on Elliot

#30708 3 years ago

Tennessee dumping their disastrous 1st rd pick from 2020. Worst TN draft class evar. Called that too long before the season.

Just going to add they let Conklin walk and he was 1st team all-pro again. So it's brutal on several levels.

#30709 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He’s a good QB, I just don’t see how you spend that kind of cash when your team is lacking in so many other areas. Especially after pissing away wayyyyyyyy to much money on Elliot

Mahomes got paid a stupid amount, but u gotta lock up the most important position. I think that Dak is a top 10 qb, and good on him and his agent for getting a deal done

#30710 3 years ago

Had to feel bad for dak blowing out his leg without a deal. Glad he got it worked out. I dont want MM to have any excuses for his inevitable mediocrity.

#30711 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210308-203349_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210308-203349_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#30712 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Poor decision, Jerry

#30713 3 years ago

Dak was getting almost 38m next year under the franchise tag.. not that much of a pay raise.. wait til Wilson or Watson sign.. it won't be for less than Dak. that's how it goes.

#30714 3 years ago

Just how it goes. In 2 years it'll look like a deal.

#30715 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Quoted from jandrea95:

The cowboys are now doomed to mediocrity (at best) for the next few years. This sucks...

#30716 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The cowboys are now doomed to mediocrity...

They already were...stop lying to yourself

#30717 3 years ago

Too much money for Dak but hey he got it so kudos to him and his team.

#30718 3 years ago

Lions let Golladay walk.

#30719 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lions let Golladay walk.

Yep, that one was no shock either. I'm actually happy; like to see how the good young players do before Lions suck all their lifeforce out

Quoted from TheLaw:

Surprised the Fords let him go but they must know its a full overhaul with Cambells 6 year contract.

#30720 3 years ago

We knew it was coming with the cap hit but man teams are unloading big time....There's going to be some decent players out there for reasonable payouts this free agency period.

#30721 3 years ago

Chiefs dropped both Tackles today.

#30722 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Chiefs dropped both Tackles today.

Meh their O-line should be fine

#30723 3 years ago

Word is Vegas dropped Wilson destination bets and Bears SB odds shot up stat tuned

#30724 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh their O-line should be fine

They were both very good when healthy. Them being out hurt for sure though. They say the greatest ability is availability.

#30725 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They were both very good when healthy. Them being out hurt for sure though. They say the greatest ability is availability.

Veach made his decision, hope that he has some guys in mind. You’d think-hope that some guys would be willing to take less, to come to a strong SB contender

#30726 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Veach made his decision, hope that he has some guys in mind. You’d think-hope that some guys would be willing to take less, to come to a strong SB contender

Long story short most people don't really care. When you know there's a good chance you won't be able to walk in 20 years making as much money as you can to provide for yourself and your family is probably the overriding concern.

#30727 3 years ago

Well...it works that way in Hockey

#30728 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Niang opted out and will be back along with the doctor. That doesn't answer all the holes but it's a start.

#30730 3 years ago

I gather it’s really a 2 year deal and it saves them $19 million in cap, which is crucial if they want to try to keep their team together.

I guess it’s not insane. Clearly Brady will be torturing us all for years to come.

#30731 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I gather it’s really a 2 year deal and it saves them $19 million in cap, which is crucial if they want to try to keep their team together.
I guess it’s not insane. Clearly Brady will be torturing us all for years to come.

We have to go several years back when people started retirement speculation. The man ALWAYS seems to beat the odds. I refuse to believe he's human.

#30732 3 years ago

He obviously has a pretty unique financial situation, with his wife being the bread winner. Still, I give the guy props for always restructuring his deals to keep his teams competitive. He's left a lot of money on the table as a result. I guess it's a small price to pay for immortality.

I'm also positive we'll see some shit come out in years to come about teams working under the table deals for 'paid appearances' after retirement, etc.

#30733 3 years ago

Meanwhile in New England Superman returns....

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#30734 3 years ago

Wow I mean that team was HOT garbage last season, just fucking horrible. I don't put it all on Cam and he was still a beast but even with upgraded WR I don't know how you can count on that arm. Of course they'll be drafting a QB in round 1 so it's a stop-gap I guess.

#30735 3 years ago

The Cam thing is mind-blowing.

The fuckin genius coach/GM appears to have no idea what he's fucking doing, and obviously believed his own hype to the point where he seriously thought the good times would just continue to roll despite the loss of the GOAT.

He's a chump, and he's never gonna win anything again. THis is the Cleveland Browns coach from the early 90s. Same guy, just fucking lucked into a 6th round draft pick who ended up being the GOAT.

The debate is officially fuckin over!! The real question is who takes over the east, the Bills or the Dolphins?

The only thing more pathetic than Bill's post-Brady "plan" has been the blinding speed of which New England fans have shuttled off the bandwagon. Remember when this place was crawling with Pats fans?! Seems like so long ago.

#30736 3 years ago

Cam is still seeing Von Millers ghost from Super Bowl 50.

#30737 3 years ago

5 mill deal for someone a year in the system,and if rhe back up steps they'll just fire Cam.

#30738 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Cam thing is mind-blowing.
The fuckin genius coach/GM appears to have no idea what he's fucking doing, and obviously believed his own hype to the point where he seriously thought the good times would just continue to roll despite the loss of the GOAT.
He's a chump, and he's never gonna win anything again. THis is the Cleveland Browns coach from the early 90s. Same guy, just fucking lucked into a 6th round draft pick who ended up being the GOAT.
The debate is officially fuckin over!! The real question is who takes over the east, the Bills or the Dolphins?
The only thing more pathetic than Bill's post-Brady "plan" has been the blinding speed of which New England fans have shuttled off the bandwagon. Remember when this place was crawling with Pats fans?! Seems like so long ago.

Probably a little harsh , haha.

I mean , he did take the browns to the playoffs before leaving. I think Brady had more to do with success than anything, but Bill B is still probably the best coach in football.

#30739 3 years ago

Apparently Cam and Darth Hoodie have a big time bromance happening.

#30740 3 years ago

Cam's deal is performance based. that's what middle of the pack qb's make in the NFL. why is everyone so surprised?

#30741 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Cam's deal is performance based. that's what middle of the pack qb's make in the NFL. why is everyone so surprised?

No idea. That team is in a full rebuild. It makes no sense to bid to bring in a big name when theres nothing else in place. They got a decent deal on a vet QB that will be ousted immediately should someone behind him show some real promise.

#30742 3 years ago

No idea. That team is in a full rebuild. It makes no sense to bid to bring in a big name when theres nothing else in place. They got a decent deal on a vet QB that will be ousted immediately should someone behind him show some real promise.

I also am willing to bet they use their 1st draft pick on a qb

#30743 3 years ago

also, for a guy that "sucks at football" who plays on a team with a skeleton roster.. they won 7 games last year.. that's enough to host a playoff game in some divisions

#30744 3 years ago

Do you remember what happened the last time the Patriots had a veteran quarterback only to eventually bench them for a backup ?

I know this isn’t even remotely the same situation, but I’m in off season what if mode.

#30745 3 years ago

Goddamit gang Bill B and the Patriots don't have some magic elixir where it's all just gonna work out. Washed up fn Cam stinkin Newton isn't Drew Bledsoe and their next franchise QB isn't gonna just magically fall into their laps in April.

How many fuckin super bowls you think they would have won over the past 20 years if they hadn't lucked into Tom fn Brady?

They are finished. THere's no grand plan. They clearly have no idea what they are doing.

It's gonna great fun watching them suck over the next decade. My guess is Bill just quits, or forces Kraft's hand into letting him go somewhere else with a better future like he fucked the Jets 20 years ago. He's not just gonna hang out and take it with a smile when the Patriots continue to lose. Another losing season, one way or another, he's outta there!

#30746 3 years ago

I still find it hard to bet against Belichick being successful again, but it's interesting that their defense so quickly went to the shitter. It was worse than their offense last year.

#30747 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I still find it hard to bet against Belichick being successful again, .

Oh you can! All you have to do is...imagine.

Imagine there's no Brady
It isn't hard to do
No Bernie Kosar in the pocket
And no Matt Cassel too

Imagine all the pats fans
fleeing the bandwagon like sinking rats

OOOOOooOooo
You may say I'm a little bitter
But I'm not the only one
Every Sunday, a GOATless loss for bill
Pats go 6-10, in 2021!

#30748 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddamit gang Bill B and the Patriots don't have some magic elixir where it's all just gonna work out. Washed up fn Cam stinkin Newton isn't Drew Bledsoe and their next franchise QB isn't gonna just magically fall into their laps in April.
How many fuckin super bowls you think they would have won over the past 20 years if they hadn't lucked into Tom fn Brady?
They are finished. THere's no grand plan. They clearly have no idea what they are doing.
It's gonna great fun watching them suck over the next decade. My guess is Bill just quits, or forces Kraft's hand into letting him go somewhere else with a better future like he fucked the Jets 20 years ago. He's not just gonna hang out and take it with a smile when the Patriots continue to lose. Another losing season, one way or another, he's outta there!

Or if Brady hadn't lucked into the Pat's? Do you think they wouldnt have had at least similar success with Peyton, Rodgers, Brees?

#30749 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I still find it hard to bet against Belichick being successful again, but it's interesting that their defense so quickly went to the shitter. It was worse than their offense last year.

They did have 5 starters opt out due to Covid last year

#30750 3 years ago

Or if Brady hadn't lucked into the Pat's? Do you think they wouldnt have had at least similar success with Peyton, Rodgers, Brees?

No, I don't think they would have gone to 9 super bowls or whatever had it played out that way. But I guess we'll never know.

What I do know is the Pats are gonna blow for the foreseeable and it's gonna be awesome watching the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills pile up the wins in a half-empty Foxboro.

it'll be like the old Steve Grogan days! Maybe they'll bring back the old astroturf.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 615 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/615?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.