pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 614 of 1,516.
#30651 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Trading for a known value vs an unknown is what it comes down to. The Dolphins have a good bit more talent than many realized before last year. Why wait for a QB to materialize if they have a chance to get one and compete. They have a ton of draft picks to trade with too (mostly thanks to the Houston mess).

Makes sense, I just dont follow the dolphins at all, so genuinely had no clue. I just know he was all the rage on the Bengals reddit group, till Burrow had his historic season.

#30652 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Trading for a known value vs an unknown is what it comes down to. The Dolphins have a good bit more talent than many realized before last year. Why wait for a QB to materialize if they have a chance to get one and compete. They have a ton of draft picks to trade with too (mostly thanks to the Houston mess).

I think you are going to see more and more teams giving up on high draft pick QBs quick, a la Dwayne Haskins or Josh Rosen. WIth the way it's set up now, you just don't have time or patience to give these guys more rope when they come out of the gate sucking. It's all about putting a team together on rookie deals and making a run. Hard to do that when you are still trying to figure out if your QB is "the guy" in year 3 or 4.

#30653 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you are going to see more and more teams giving up on high draft pick QBs quick, a la Dwayne Haskins or Josh Rosen. WIth the way it's set up now, you just don't have time or patience to give these guys more rope when they come out of the gate sucking. It's all about putting a team together on rookie deals and making a run. Hard to do that when you are still trying to figure out if your QB is "the guy" in year 3 or 4.

Yep. Agree. Wait four years to find out he is Mariota or Trubisky?

#30654 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yep. Agree. Wait four years to find out he is Mariota or Trubisky?

Right, I’m sure it’s a super difficult job but you’ve seen guys like Herbert or Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson show it can be done while guys like Wentz (IMO) should never have been given a long term deal he was simply because he was anointed the franchise QB even tho the jury was out when he signed the contract. It was debatable if Wentz should have just been let to finish his 4(5) year rookie contract. Prove it rather than be handed elite money for mediocre play he couldn’t even beat out a rookie QB.

#30655 3 years ago

Watt reportedly signing with AZ.

#30656 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Definitely going for the money and not trying to win a SuperBowl.

#30657 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Arizona is a bit closer than people are thinking, they will be a playoff team next year.

#30658 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Arizona is a bit closer than people are thinking, they will be a playoff team next year.

I agree with both of these statements.....

Surprised this was his move, but it makes some sense. He has history with the Defensive Coordinator, it gives him a lot more money, and it looks like he has a shot at a SB in the process. He won't get a SB there, but he tried at least. Now the question becomes- can he stay healthy? I think AZ has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than Watt has playing 32 games on this contract.

#30659 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They are close for sure. Wilson leaving Seattle wold help them even more in their division. San Fran still has the QB issue. LA in theory is better with Stafford on paper at least.

#30660 3 years ago

23 mil guaranteed seems rich for the 6 games he will play the next 2 seasons.

#30661 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They are close for sure. Wilson leaving Seattle wold help them even more in their division. San Fran still has the QB issue. LA in theory is better with Stafford on paper at least.

Wilson isn't going anywhere!

#30662 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wilson isn't going anywhere!

Do you think he is going for money or control then? This type of stuff comes up when they want something.

#30663 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Do you think he is going for money or control then? This type of stuff comes up when they want something.

Attention

#30664 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Control, he just signed a massive deal.
He sees Carrol putzing around not doing much and slowly running the two into the ground.

#30665 3 years ago

I'm not really plugged into the Seattle situation, but Carrol is almost 70, isn't he? If it's a "me or him" situation I'd think ownership would probably side with Wilson at this point but who knows what's going on there.

He's probably just rattling his sabre a little and sportswriters/bloggers are more than happy to kill time until the draft with this stuff. Unlike Watson I think there's zero chance he sits out next season if he seriously is trying to force their hand.

#30666 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

23 mil guaranteed seems rich for the 6 games he will play the next 2 seasons.

I'm happy for him that he got his money but agree it was too much.

#30667 3 years ago

With Wilson, Dak, Watson, I think we are seeing players take more control in general. They know they don't have to simply be quiet and do what the team wants of them. Big players are using the leverage they have.

With Wilson specifically, it looks like he isn't happy with how they have built the team and the way they gameplan. So this info starts leaking. If he gets more o-line help, running back help, or a gameplan that does more of what he wants... It is a win. If he gets traded to a team that will cater to him... It is a win.

What is the loss for him? Status Quo? Pretty safe gamble really. There simply are not that many of the superstar QB guys out there. They have power and leverage and now we see them using it.

Does anyone think Brady didn't have some real say in how things went in Tampa?

#30668 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I agree with both of these statements.....
Surprised this was his move, but it makes some sense. He has history with the Defensive Coordinator, it gives him a lot more money, and it looks like he has a shot at a SB in the process. He won't get a SB there, but he tried at least. Now the question becomes- can he stay healthy? I think AZ has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than Watt has playing 32 games on this contract.

No one knows honestly.

Atlanta was primed for a SB in 2016 and 2017 but look at them now. It’s up in the air and anyone of 20 teams has a chance.

I was looking at the preseason power rankings 2017 had NE and Atlanta as the top two picks yet Eagles who won were ranked at 15.

In the SB season Eagles almost lost to Atlanta in the first round, Julio couldn’t make a TD catch at the end and the next two games Eagles played lights out to win the SB.

I’m not saying the AZ will win but they have a chance. Maybe GB is closer but how many SB has Rodgers won? (Exactly one).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170815/2017-preseason-nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-seattle-seahawks-front

#30669 3 years ago

Jared Cook up for grabs -- such an asset.

#30670 3 years ago

We’re probably going to see a lot of bigger name veterans being cut this year with the cap shrinking. Teams are in wait and see mode, there hasn’t even been anyone franchise tagged yet and that opened almost 2 weeks ago.

#30671 3 years ago

What's the deal with brees? I guess hes sticking around? I dont think theres any way the saints are contenders next year... even after recent cuts they still need to free up something like 60m in cap space.

#30672 3 years ago

What's the deal with brees? I guess hes sticking around? I dont think theres any way the saints are contenders next year... even after recent cuts they still need to free up something like 60m in cap space.

It sounds like he wants to play this year, but everything I’ve read says it won’t be with the Saints.

#30673 3 years ago

Is he? I read a few weeks ago he restructured his contract down to the veterans minimum.... basically a formality to retirement.

#30674 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

We’re probably going to see a lot of bigger name veterans being cut this year with the cap shrinking.

Steelers are letting go a few Defensive vets, not so sure any are big name players though. Likely it will be the teams in the larger markets like the Cowboys who are going to feel the cap hit the most as they tend to have larger contracts overall.

#30675 3 years ago

Saw an article on Tom Brady that apparently has Terry Bradshaw throwing him under the bus but I didn't stop at the time to read it. I went back to look and it was gone and I can't locate it, anyone know what it entailed? Headline was something like "Bradshaw says story about Tom Brady true", just curious is all.

#30676 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Saw an article on Tom Brady that apparently has Terry Bradshaw throwing him under the bus but I didn't stop at the time to read it. I went back to look and it was gone and I can't locate it, anyone know what it entailed? Headline was something like "Bradshaw says story about Tom Brady true", just curious is all.

Back in 83, Bradshaw had surgery and his alias while in the hospital was Thomas Brady.

#30677 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Back in 83, Bradshaw had surgery and his alias while in the hospital was Thomas Brady.

Thx Jay. Damn and they felt that was news worthy..........sorry I asked now lol

#30678 3 years ago

WFT just released Alex Smith. To the Bears if they don't get a trade done?

#30679 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

WFT just released Alex Smith. To the Bears if they don't get a trade done?

An NFL team would be insane to sign him for anything more than vet min., and even more insane to have him in their plans as anything more than a backup player/coach.

Great story, as you know I had a front row seat all season. But he does not belong on a football field, and he will never be mobile enough to be a dependable NFL QB again. "Injury prone" at this point of his career is a huge understatement. In Today's NFL you just can't be a one-legged QB with a titanium rod in one leg and half of one calf ripped off and grafted to the other and expect to be able to play and escape modern pass rushers week in and week out.

#30680 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An NFL team would be insane to sign him for anything more than vet min., and even more insane to have him in their plans as anything more than a backup player/coach.
Great story, as you know I had a front row seat all season. But he does not belong on a football field, and he will never be mobile enough to be a dependable NFL QB again. "Injury prone" at this point of his career is a huge understatement.

Great story for sure. I really admire that guy. Chicago would not surprise me at all. Maybe Jax?

#30681 3 years ago

I will always admire what he did. He truly did it for the love of the game / to prove something to himself and others. His money - tens of millions of dollars of it - was GUARANTEED through last season, the last thing he needed to do was torture himself back to playing shape and then go out there again this season against the likes of Aaron Donald. He could have just sat around and collected Dan Snyder's money for 2.5 years (and nobody would have held it against him) but he never gave up after a gruesome, life-threatening injury. I doubt we'll see anything like that again.

#30682 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will always admire what he did. He truly did it for the love of the game / to prove something to himself and others. His money - tens of millions of dollars of it - was GUARANTEED through last season, the last thing he needed to do was torture himself back to playing shape and then go out there again this season against the likes of Aaron Donald. He could have just sat around and collected Dan Snyder's money for 2.5 years but he never gave up after a gruesome, life-threatening injury. I doubt we'll see anything like that again.

Yep and everything I have seen from players and coaches talk about the great teammate and mentor he was despite the benching for Kaepernick or the Mahomes 1st round trade up pick.

#30683 3 years ago

I hope for his sake he doesn't find a landing spot. It doesn't seem like it's in him to hang it up on his own, unfortunately.

#30684 3 years ago

No one wants to watch that fucking guy hobble around waiting for a rod to pop out of his leg every hit. Good god man; fucking retire.

#30685 3 years ago

Well no shock Rothlisburger is back, wasn;t the big pay cut I would have liked but it's something.

#30686 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No one wants to watch that fucking guy hobble around waiting for a rod to pop out of his leg every hit. Good god man; fucking retire.

You'd think at some point the wife would step in?!

#30687 3 years ago

Athletes are never good about keeping around people that will give it to them straight. So many of the people surrounding them are on the payroll. The athlete floats the idea of sticking it out another year and everyone around them sees dollar signs. Blood suckers.

#30688 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well no shock Rothlisburger is back, wasn;t the big pay cut I would have liked but it's something.

You should flip flop these posts

#30689 3 years ago

I'm personally looking forward to these noodle arm aging QBs to take token jobs on pregame shows so we can see some exciting young QBs take the helm.

#30690 3 years ago

I'm personally looking forward to these noodle arm aging QBs to take token jobs on pregame shows so we can see some exciting young QBs take the helm.

Yeah I think every Steeler fan is as well, but it sure as shit shouldn't be Mason Rodolph. Make those draft picks count!

#30691 3 years ago

Yeah I mean even Brees is stretching out this drama now?

Time to take a seat grandpa!

#30692 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from jandrea95:

You should flip flop these posts

You know I was talking aboot Burrows this coming season right?

#30693 3 years ago

@ TheLaw Thought you might be interested in this

121845011_3969552823058338_1796578234202315837_n (resized).jpg121845011_3969552823058338_1796578234202315837_n (resized).jpg
#30694 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

[quoted image]

Fucking terrifying. That's some Raiders level insanity there.

#30695 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Was that a quote from Antonio Brown before he moved along?

#30696 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was that a quote from Antonio Brown before he moved along?

Cant believe that asshole got a ring after it was all said and done! LOL!

Also, any chance the Bears actually end up with Russell Wilson? I cant tell the difference in actual sports news and click bait anymore.

#30697 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Cant believe that asshole got a ring after it was all said and done! LOL!
Also, any chance the Bears actually end up with Russell Wilson? I cant tell the difference in actual sports news and click bait anymore.

Zero chance.

Almost nothing that sportswriters/bloggers suggest could happen between now and the draft will actually happen, and the more fantastical the least likely.

So yer saying there's a chance...

#30698 3 years ago

Bears won't, but there's for sure a chance he's out of Seattle.
Although it isn't click bait, that came from his camp.

#30699 3 years ago

I doubt Wilson moves this year, but there is definitely turmoil, anything short of a Super Bowl in Sea and he’ll force the issue.

#30700 3 years ago

Would cost the Seahawks 39 million dead cap.So not only are you losing the franchise player but others as well.He's not going anywhere.Carlos Dunlap well they just released him.Will be lots of activity around the NFL next week for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 614 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/614?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.