pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 613 of 1,514.
#30601 3 years ago

But the cap didn't shrink. Unless you mean it didn't go up with "NFL cap inflation?" That sounds crazy enough to be a thing
Edit: oops I was wrong, dead wrong

#30602 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Packers cut RT Wagner and ILB Kirksey saving 10m in cap space. Cutting is the easy part and they could have done that just before the deadline... makes me think they have an acquisition on the radar.

Constantly building a team that falls just short, keep it up

#30603 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Constantly building a team that falls just short, keep it up

Better than well short!

#30604 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But the cap didn't shrink. Unless you mean it didn't go up with "NFL cap inflation?" That sounds crazy enough to be a thing

It's dropping about 20m from this year, unless that's been changed in the last couple of weeks.

#30605 3 years ago

It's dropping about 20m from this year, unless that's been changed in the last couple of weeks.

Ah sorry thanks...i was looking at a list that stopped at 2020 and thought that was next year.
Wow, that is a chunk

#30606 3 years ago

Better than well short!

Haha, it’s better to have realistic expectations, GB fans seem to think their greatest team but have won exactly 1 more SB in our lifetimes. I get it, it’s the Packers or nothing. I guess you could go to Ripleys in the Dells. RIP VIC

#30607 3 years ago

makes me think they have an acquisition on the radar.

Another franchise QB to sit behind their other future franchise QB?
A "tackling machine" middle linebacker that can't get off the block?

The possibilities are limitless.....

#30608 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

A "tackling machine" middle linebacker that can't get off the block?

Lol.. so true.

I wouldn't mind securing Lavonte David. ILB will be important assuming the new DC sticks with his tampa2 scheme. We need something there, and I don't think we have enough time to draft and develop.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

GB fans seem to think their greatest team but have won exactly 1 more SB in our lifetimes. I get it, it’s the Packers or nothing.

And 15 fewer QBs!

There are some murmurs that the bears have interest in Darnold. So you might have that to look forward to.

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
#30609 3 years ago

I wouldn't mind securing Lavonte David

....and I thought we were friends..... no need to make me physically ill.

#30610 3 years ago
download_20210220_104117 (resized).jpgdownload_20210220_104117 (resized).jpg
#30611 3 years ago

Eagles cut DeSean Jackson

Great receiver but made of glass. How many games did he play in his second go-round with the birds over two seasons? Three or four?

Washington actually got the last few good seasons out of him.

#30612 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Indy has been knocking their drafts out of the park, so glad to see them give up some picks. Still I wont deny Reich and Wentz teaming up again makes me a little uneasy.

You should be!Take me down to reclamation city where the grass is blue and the touchdowns are plenty

#30613 3 years ago

#30614 3 years ago

Deacon where do think Aaron Jones ends up ? I’ve been hearing he’s expected to get around $15 million a year

#30615 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Deacon where do think Aaron Jones ends up ? I’ve been hearing he’s expected to get around $15 million a year

I know it won't be GB. I gave up any hope when he made Rosenhaus his agent midyear. It's fine, I'm pretty fundamentally opposed to giving RBs big contracts.

I think PIT, LAC, and MIA would all be pretty good landing spots for him. I'm not sure what their cap situations look like though.

#30616 3 years ago

I know it won't be GB. I gave up any hope when he made Rosenhaus his agent midyear. It's fine, I'm pretty fundamentally opposed to giving RBs big contracts.
I think PIT, LAC, and MIA would all be pretty good landing spots for him. I'm not sure what their cap situations look like though.

I agree on big contract RBs, that’s why I hope they re-sign him. How about Williams? Or are they just going to roll with Dillon?

#30617 3 years ago

Trivia time in honor of Vic, only one QB that has 50+ starts and has never thrown a pick 6, who is it?

#30618 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I agree on big contract RBs, that’s why I hope they re-sign him. How about Williams? Or are they just going to roll with Dillon?

I think we should be able to retain Williams. He's pretty under the radar, and probably has more value to us than anyone else. I'm happy with the backfield between those two backs.

Fun fact: Williams has never fumbled in the NFL.

#30619 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Trivia time in honor of Vic, only one QB that has 50+ starts and has never thrown a pick 6, who is it?

Bart starr

#30620 3 years ago

Much better QB than that

I just read it and it blew my mind

#30621 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Much better QB than that

Hilarious!!! I know who it is. Crazy

#30622 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Hilarious!!! I know who it is

Bring it, it’s actually pretty unbelievable.

#30623 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bring it, it’s actually pretty unbelievable.

It’s so unbelievable that I’m trying to check other sources to see if it’s true or not lol

#30624 3 years ago

It's gotta be my favorite Packer - Mitch Trubisky.

#30625 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Trubisky... but it isn't for lack of trying..... I am guessing his receivers and offensive lineman run a lot of tackle drills at practice, because they can all see how deadly accurate he is.

#30626 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Trubisky... but it isn't for lack of trying..... I am guessing his receivers and offensive lineman run a lot of tackle drills at practice, because they can all see how deadly accurate he is.

Even Mitch made a tackle himself to prevent a pick 6

#30627 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Easy one...which DE coined the word "sack"

#30628 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Easy one...which DE coined the word "sack"

Deacon

#30629 3 years ago

Correct...Rams trivia for Vic

#30631 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210225-123302_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-123302_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#30632 3 years ago

That'll be big if Wilson's getting out of Seattle. Hopefully he'll give Denver a look as well.

#30634 3 years ago

Gulp

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30635 3 years ago

Yeah Seahawks, and let's face it all QB jobs, are getting pretty wacky these days. I have to agree that the GMs are fucking out of control and really believe in themselves a bit too much.

Well Schnieder is from Wisonson so Deacon thinks he's the best in the biz so how do you feel aboot this one?

Getting rid of Wilson will be such a classic blunder. Let's put someone else back there and get hit more times than any other other QB and see how they do. I'd love it though.

#30636 3 years ago

I think his agent threw the Bears on the list just for the LOLZ.

#30637 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Schnieder is from Wisonson so Deacon thinks he's the best in the biz so how do you feel aboot this one?

Schneider is the best!

This is apparently between Carroll and Wilson. Keep in mind, Carroll has the final say in roster moves.

#30638 3 years ago

This is apparently between Carroll and Wilson. Keep in mind, Carroll has the final say in roster moves.

I'm guessing it's no one getting him protection for the past 6 years. If I were the GM I would shitcan Carrol before Wilson is dealt. But we'll see...this has been going on for a couple weeks.
Still plenty of time for kissing and making up

#30639 3 years ago

Good QBs don't grow on trees. Mediocre ones do, which is why you keep hearing about the Raiders trying to trade Carr for 6 #1 draft choices or whatever nonsense keeps getting "leaked."

Rodgers, Watson, Wilson...these guys aren't going anywhere. It's just people filling space and killing time until the draft.

#30640 3 years ago

I can only imagine the mental gymnastics going on in John Grudens head after that Schefter tweet.

#30641 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm guessing it's no one getting him protection for the past 6 years. If I were the GM I would shitcan Carrol before Wilson is dealt. But we'll see...this has been going on for a couple weeks.
Still plenty of time for kissing and making up

Yep, definitely.

Though if it's really about protection, how in the hell do the bears make your trade list?

I do love when agents speak out of both sides of their mouths, too. "We aren't interested in going anywhere.... but if we were, it would be here here and here"

#30642 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good QBs don't grow on trees. Mediocre ones do

True story, see Buffalo from 1997 to 2017. The Bills had a collection of mediocre QBs and coaches.

#30643 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hopefully he'll give Denver a look as well.

I'd be looking out for John Horsemouth to be eating a steak dinner with big Ben around town.

Though if it's really about protection, how in the hell do the bears make your trade list?

Gotta be a typo on so many levels

#30644 3 years ago
EvGRfvxXMAIoV4J (resized).jpegEvGRfvxXMAIoV4J (resized).jpeg
#30645 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd be looking out for John Horsemouth to be eating a steak dinner with big Ben around town.

Steak had better be all he's eating. In Denver we like a bit of tread left on the tire when we buy used.

#30646 3 years ago

Deacon? What’s your thoughts on JJ to the pack for $15/mil, wouldn’t you rather they just franchise tag Jones for less than that?

#30647 3 years ago

Why are the dolphins involved in so many qb trade rumors? Why no faith in Tua?

#30648 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why are the dolphins involved in so many qb trade rumors? Why no faith in Tua?

He didn’t look good at all last year, being a Bears fan I’ve become pretty good at spotting shitty QBs quickly.

#30649 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He didn’t look good at all last year, being a Bears fan I’ve become pretty good at spotting shitty QBs quickly.

Just seems early though, and he came in from a horrible injury. He very well may suck, but I am just not sure how people can judge quite yet. Who knows, hard to judge Alabama quarterbacks because it seems like anyone they throw in there lights it up being surrounded by the best talent in college. They seem to pan out as well as the OSU qbs do.

Looking forward to free agency for sure. Lots of good talent out there, especially on the offensive line.

#30650 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just seems early though, and he came in from a horrible injury. He very well may suck, but I am just not sure how people can judge quite yet. Who knows, hard to judge Alabama quarterbacks because it seems like anyone they throw in there lights it up being surrounded by the best talent in college. They seem to pan out as well as the OSU qbs do.
Looking forward to free agency for sure. Lots of good talent out there, especially on the offensive line.

Trading for a known value vs an unknown is what it comes down to. The Dolphins have a good bit more talent than many realized before last year. Why wait for a QB to materialize if they have a chance to get one and compete. They have a ton of draft picks to trade with too (mostly thanks to the Houston mess).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 613 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/613 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.