pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 611 of 1,514.
#30501 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

All your money is probably tied up in GB....

Losing the NFC Championship.

#30502 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

It's all good I don't hate on any team(well maybe the Pats)You've got a generational QB which is the most important piece.Just take a look at the reality of the business side.The Chiefs are 23 million over the cap and that doesn't include 26 free agents currently on the team.Your starting tackles are signed but have achilles(Fisher) and back(Swartz) injuries.Again not hating just wondering where the $ comes from

Go look again at who the Chiefs have coming up as free agents. Sure there may be someone who goes as a cap casualty, but the key pieces are all signed. KC has something like 117 bucks in cap space last year and then signed Chris Jones and Patrick Mahomes to long term deals. The reality on the cap is that the folks running the teams generally have a bit more insight than the media.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not hate, it's watching the NFL for 30 years or so.
At the end of every season, the two Super Bowl teams are the favorites to return.
ALMOST every season this doesn't happen.
I don't bet on football so I can't really answer your question. Teams like the Colts and everybody else who was "close" aren't gonna just disappear, they are going to try to get better. At the same time, KC is gonna lose some of their key players cause they can't afford them all. It's lonely at the top bro, and everybody is working - HARD - to bring you down.

Right with ya buddy. Not asking you to lay down cash, but what AFC team would get a bet over KC right now? Buffalo? Chiefs beat them twice last year. Sure they can improve, not saying anything negative, but who would take the Buffalo over KC bet right now? Colts get a QB and they are interesting sure. They don't have one yet though. I am not saying KC is a lock by any means. The league has too much parity, any given Sunday is still a thing, and any team is an injury away from crashing.

#30503 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watching the Packers choke year after year in the playoffs has become one of my favorite traditions. A consolation prize of sorts as a Bears fan.

#30504 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

... Not asking you to lay down cash, but what AFC team would get a bet over KC right now? Buffalo? ...

Cheifs are the cream and should be for a few years at least, but the point is, as plenty of us said before, its the teams you don't see coming that are the problem. Tampa would be a recent obvious example of this, but to add on to Levi's Rams comparison; *I don't think anyone saw Jake delhome and the Panthers toppling the greatest show on turf*

EDIT: *Sorry, Disregard GSOT that was Bulger

#30505 3 years ago

Almost impossible tp predict any one team before preseason with any sense of assurance. The NFL has a way of coming out of the blue every year and some just plain falling flat on their face. I don't really hate any teams but I do have sorta grudge matches I look forward to every season. I think the Bengals and the Steelers is one of the best rivalries we have in the AFC North followed by Cleveland. I look forward to Pittsburg and the Ravens playing too cause both teams want it so much the game usually is one of the best to watch. If I have to make a prediction I'd say the Browns are one of the teams to watch this coming season but at the same time I know Baker Mayfield could revert to his old inaccurate bad decision making history at any given moment.

#30506 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Right with ya buddy. Not asking you to lay down cash, but what AFC team would get a bet over KC right now? Buffalo? Chiefs beat them twice last year. Sure they can improve, not saying anything negative, but who would take the Buffalo over KC bet right now? Colts get a QB and they are interesting sure. They don't have one yet though. I am not saying KC is a lock by any means. The league has too much parity, any given Sunday is still a thing, and any team is an injury away from crashing.

Right now, nobody. I'd pick the Chiefs just like everybody else would.

But it's a long offseason! Check back with me on Sept 1.

Right now, in the AFC, I'd put the Colts, the Chargers, the Browns, the Dolphins and the Bills healthily in the mix for an AFC Championship in 2021, along with any AFC team that managed to get ahold of Watson (I don't think this will happen - I think the Texans may be willing to let him sit out rather than trade him.)

#30507 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

mybrokenheart.gifmybrokenheart.gif
#30508 3 years ago

can someone please get ben to retire and mike tomlin fired. being a steelers fan is hard these days.

#30509 3 years ago

I think most of what I've seen is a product of his line, but I think at least some of it might be Mahomes trying to play 'schoolyard' ball and make things happen outside of the playbook.

It's fun to watch, but it's not usually sustainable or efficient. Announcers and analysts love it. They get to talk about how talented a player is because you see it on full display with all of the isolated theatrics. He's good enough to pull it off, but it might just get him killed.

The Chief's have to get Mahomes to buy into the scheme and trust his protection. Take what's there and mitigate losses with his ability to run or throwaways.

#30510 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

can someone please get ben to retire and mike tomlin fired. being a steelers fan is hard these days.

Wasn't hard when they were 11-0!

We got a pretty easy plan for me this season. Resign Ben for low contract, draft a QB second round or lower for the next season, bring back Le-Veon Bell on a 1 year contract, get the old team together for one last run!

#30511 3 years ago

Ben's got to go he's old and useless and standing in the way of progress. Time to move on.

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL. But may be time for a change of scenery for all involved.

#30512 3 years ago

Meh he's serviceable. Can he run an offense completely by himself with no run game? Absolutely not, so if that's the plan then cut him loose. If you want to draft a lineman & fix that shit up, get another RB that can do more, and have the next QB waiting in the wings than I say do it. I would still rather have him than at least 20 qbs in the league...guys it's rough out there.

And maybe you get a young QB that has to take over for him this season and he never gets back in a la Maddox.
Unless they really think Rudolph is the answer?

#30513 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

If Jameis ever matures, watch out. Lots of potential there. Kinda disappointed when the Bucs gave up on him. Not any more for an obvious reason.

All the physical talent in the world. If he could throw 30 tds and maybe only 15 picks, we might have a starter.

Phillip Rivers has been throwing the ball up for grabs for years and he had a nice long career.

#30514 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Although I like their chances, I could never put money on them and be forced to root for them in anyway. Hell, I have a strict no Packers on my fantasy teams rule.

I don't know Jaybird personally, but he sounds like an incredibly smart guy.

#30515 3 years ago

Love this so much. lol.

#30516 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Oh please ,the Steelers are in the top 2-3 franchises in football .Your always in the mix .Try being a Bears fan and have the owner tell you “well these idiots have to stay because they’ve learned from they’re mistakes and we would be starting over “.Starting over is what we fing want that’s what happens when you enter a pivitol point in shaping the future n you hire a Rookie GM n Coach .Same old Same old cheap ass McCaskys

#30517 3 years ago

Didn’t they drop it in the water eventually?

#30518 3 years ago

The Bears (who have a accountant running things) actually hired a group of people to get this coach hire right !

29104D16-CF1B-4117-8F6C-59A82D7E367D (resized).jpeg29104D16-CF1B-4117-8F6C-59A82D7E367D (resized).jpeg
#30519 3 years ago

Also Big Ben should play for another 10 years. I’d like that.

#30520 3 years ago

Looks like the Goat had 1 too many (3) n twisted his knee .

604CABE5-9C7D-44E9-9027-D69C2304AA72 (resized).png604CABE5-9C7D-44E9-9027-D69C2304AA72 (resized).png
#30521 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t they drop it in the water eventually?

Miller Dropped Godwin's phone si the only drop I heard

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also Big Ben should play for another 10 years. I’d like that.

Bwahwaha.

#30522 3 years ago

Lookout chumps, Washington signed Heinicke to a two-year deal worth up to $9 mill. No idea what (if any) is guaranteed but good for him, dude has parlayed 5 solid NFL quarters into a resurrected career.

Washington has also axed its cheerleader program for now, which kinda seems like punishing the ladies for the crime of being sexually exploited and harassed for decades but I do kind of get it. Program was a hot mess and def needs a reboot.

Thanks for reading this low energy news that I doubt any of you care about.

#30523 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for reading this low energy news that I doubt any of you care about.

The Hienke is a good QB2/3 rate, rewards him for what he's done, good all around.
Cheerleading pot didn't have any monies left in...after settling the lawsuit with the former ones out of court

#30524 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Hienke is a good QB2/3 rate, rewards him for what he's done, good all around.
Cheerleading pot didn't have any monies left in...after settling the lawsuit with the former ones out of court

THere are those of us who can't help but wonder if the dude could be a legit QB1 solution. I mean, he played the best 5 quarters of QB we saw the entire season.

As the QB options start to dry up you have to wonder what happens. Alex Smith is done, it was a fun ride but he can't be in future plans. Kyle Allen seems like he can run the offense, he's probably gonna be in camp also. I just don't see a lot of options out there. Someone like Bridgewater or Marriota? Why bother?

Sucks to not have a franchise QB I can tell you that.

#30526 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THere are those of us who can't help but wonder if the dude could be a legit QB1 solution. I mean, he played the best 5 quarters of QB we saw the entire season.

That's exactly the kind of dangerous thought that leads to starting Zach Mettenberger

#30527 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THere are those of us who can't help but wonder if the dude could be a legit qb1....

Newsflash, backup QB a fan favorite!!

#30528 3 years ago
148495938_3598892513511151_6724656362480452776_n (resized).jpg148495938_3598892513511151_6724656362480452776_n (resized).jpg
#30529 3 years ago

Wow, Texans release JJ Watt

#30530 3 years ago
4e2dro971yg61 (resized).jpg4e2dro971yg61 (resized).jpg
#30531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Wow!

That’s all I got.

I guess it’s all part of their plan to terrorize Watson the next few years. Maybe they can get rid of some lineman too.

#30532 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow!
That’s all I got.
I guess it’s all part of their plan to terrorize Watson the next few years. Maybe they can get rid of some lineman too.

Or Watson’s next? I know their president just stepped down.

#30533 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Or Watson’s next? I know their president just stepped down.

I think the Texans will be in full-on spring cleaning in the next couple of weeks.

O'brien destroyed that team.

#30534 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have underestimated how bad that organization was, wow.

#30535 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have underestimated how bad that organization was, wow.

He asked them to do it and they don't owe him any money so I guess I get it. They did him a huge favor and I'm always on the players' side on this kind of thing.

The organization certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, that's for sure.

#30536 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think the Texans will be in full-on spring cleaning in the next couple of weeks.
O'brien destroyed that team.

Easterby seems to have a big hand in the mess too...

#30537 3 years ago

It really seems like the best move for the Texans is to trade Watson. And to do it soon. The haul they could get for him is ridiculous.

But we've seen it before. Didn't the Bengals refuse to trade Carson and he sat out for a season?

Makes no sense but I don't think the Texans win any awards for doing anything that makes sense over the past couple seasons.

#30538 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really seems like the best move for the Texans is to trade Watson. And to do it soon. The haul they could get for him is ridiculous.
But we've seen it before. Didn't the Bengals refuse to trade Carson and he sat out for a season?
Makes no sense but I don't think the Texans win any awards for doing anything that makes sense over the past couple seasons.

They absolutely have to trade him, I would think cutting Watt makes it all but guaranteed, but again like you said it is the Texans.

#30539 3 years ago

So...Watt to GB is my thinking

#30540 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So...Watt to GB is my thinking

I would think he’d want to go to a team that has a chance to win the SB.

#30541 3 years ago

Watt will somefucking how end up on the Bucs or Chiefs I'm sure.

Maybe the Colts.

#30542 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I would think he’d want to go to a team that has a chance to win the SB.

HEY-0!!!

he's coming from the Texans, championship game loss is enough!

#30543 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Watt will somefucking how end up on the Bucs or Chiefs I'm sure.
Maybe the Colts.

I was thinking the same, the Bucs.

#30544 3 years ago

Hes got enough monies i assume, so it's championship payout time. Or Brother time

#30545 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was thinking the same, the Bucs.

It possible he'd be cheaper than some other guys they may lose anyway like Saddiq Charles.

#30546 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hes got enough monies i assume, so it's championship payout time. Or Brother time

Another definite possibility, GB makes sense as well, with him being from Johnsonville.

#30547 3 years ago

I only see two places for Watt.... GB or PIT.... He only has one legit shot at a ring, and it isn't with PIT. I would love to have him on the Bucs, but he is sort of like having an exotic car- An amazing thing to experience..............when it works.

#30548 3 years ago

I'd like him in Pittsburgh for peanuts. That body is busted

#30549 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd like him in Pittsburgh for peanuts. That body is busted

He just played a 16 game season!

You gotta think someone will pay him $15 mill per for a season or two.

#30550 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He just played a 16 game season!
You gotta think someone will pay him $15 mill per for a season or two.

Alex Smith probably could have started 16 games this season

Oh someone will pay him no doubt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 611 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/611?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.