960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 610 of 1,513.
#30451 3 years ago

Marty ball was what I grew up on. Okoye, Word, Williams, Allen.... Along with great defense. RIP Coach

#30452 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That 06 Chargers team was soo good.

Spanos and Smith(GM) were totally inept firing Marty after a 14-2 season.

#30454 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210209-224858~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210209-224858~2 (resized).png
#30455 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210209-230222_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210209-230222_Chrome (resized).jpg
#30456 3 years ago

I just seen on local news that Johnny Football is in Atlanta. (Manziel)

Something about a buddy of his is starting some new league where fans get to call all the plays from their smartphone or something.

Johnny said, no, I am not trying to get back into the NFL, just helping my friend start this, and I can not only play QB but I can also coach these guys.

Good luck with that Buddy!

Anyway, that is my football news report for now. Film at 11.

#30457 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Something about a buddy of his is starting some new league where fans get to call all the plays from their smartphone or something.

Sounds about right for Manziel.

#30459 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

call all the plays from their ... phone

I wanted to play that back in 1981. The kids that called in were idiots. They always said "pow", too damn late... they didn't understand the lag in the system.

-mof

#30460 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210209-233959~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210209-233959~2 (resized).png
#30461 3 years ago

the only touchdown by KC in Tampa

touchdown (resized).jpgtouchdown (resized).jpg
#30462 3 years ago

Gronk seems like the dumbest guy in the NFL but I'm sure he's fun to hang out with.

#30463 3 years ago

"moooom, where's my football pants!" - Gronk

#30464 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gronk seems like the dumbest guy in the NFL but I'm sure he's fun to hang out with.

I always thought it was cool that he has never spent a dime of his salary, he parties a lot, but only off endorsement deal money.

#30465 3 years ago

Re Marty S....13 playoff losses sounds like a bad thing on the surface, but I actually admire that stat since it says his team made the playoffs 13 times. That’s impressive in a “Bills going to 4 straight SBs” kinda way.

It’s too bad his style and disposition did not translate well in post season. Eg, The “Drive” was partly Elway and partly Schott’ decision to go prevent defence.

#30466 3 years ago

Tampa Bay headlines for the opener next season

146609036_2876885555934135_7105635443343699833_o (resized).jpg146609036_2876885555934135_7105635443343699833_o (resized).jpg
#30467 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tampa Bay headlines for the opener next season

Looking forward to that game, if KC's all healed up it should be a lot more fun to watch than the SB was.

#30468 3 years ago

As a Saints fan, I can't wait to see that awesome QB Jamis Winston start for us next year.

#30469 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

As a Saints fan, I can't wait to see that awesome QB Jamis Winston start for us next year.

We'll he can at least throw a football 10 yards.

#30470 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll he can at least throw a football 10 yards.

10 yard interception!

#30471 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

10 yard interception!

Slightly better chance that he'll throw a TD

I totally get jumping on the Brees circle jerk and all, and "the best free agent signing ever," but take a look at Brees stats before joining Sean Payton.

#30472 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

If Jameis ever matures, watch out. Lots of potential there. Kinda disappointed when the Bucs gave up on him. Not any more for an obvious reason.

#30473 3 years ago

After watching the game a few more times I'm not seeing where KC is favored to return and win next year.Tampa is clearly superior defensively and has the cap space to resign their key free agents(Barrett,David,Suh,Gronk,Fornette)The Chiefs are over the cap and while that won't hit them too bad until the year after next they will likely have to release a few starters (Eric Fisher) this year to get under the cap.The differences are glaring between the 2 defenses and players like Devin White are very rare and KC isn't finding one of those with their draft position.Sure Chris Jones,Frank Clark and honey badger are good players but Tampa should be the clear favorite to repeat IMO.

#30474 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

After watching the game a few more times I'm not seeing where KC is favored to return and win next year....

Long Story: Guessing they just feel like with a devastated Offensive line leading to arguably the worst O-line play in 50 years, it's not likely to happen again. Throw in all the other stats you can find aboot this is the only double digit loss for Mahomes, and it being so rare to win Back2back, another year for Brady etc.

Short Story: AFC is the home team next year and gets to pick the White uni's which always win

#30475 3 years ago

I like Buffalo to win the AFC. They will need to find an RB in the offseason.

#30476 3 years ago

Ok a few things.KC will have to address the Oline in the draft no money for free agents.The defense was subpar most of the year and the grabby undisciplined secondary was exploited for what it is.You got me on the white uniforms

#30477 3 years ago

Godwin is up for a big contract, or they franchise tag him. The Bucs will lose at least one big name, a lot of free agents in that D.

#30478 3 years ago

Godwin can be replaced in the draft.Suh may be the one they lose.Their GM sounds confident they can hold the team together.

#30479 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Godwin can be replaced in the draft.Suh may be the one they lose.Their GM sounds confident they can hold the team together.

TB is saying they aren’t letting Godwin walk, franchise tag next year will be 16.3 million.

#30480 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

TB is saying they aren’t letting Godwin walk, franchise tag next year will be 16.3 million.

$16M for a dropsy WR! Ill take two

#30481 3 years ago

KC has won what, 24 outta their last 26 games or so..w a healthy o line, Mahomes and company will be just fine. There’s obviously some work/improvements in almost every aspect, coaching included. The chiefs will be a serious playoff contender for years..

#30482 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

$16M for a dropsy WR! Ill take two

Haha, he did have the 4 drop game against Was, that matched his career total. Not quite as dropsy as AJ Brown

#30483 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha, he did have the 4 drop game against Was, that matched his career total. Not quite as dropsy as AJ Brown

well that's just a low blow. but yes he's the other of my $32M tandem

#30484 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

KC has won what, 24 outta their last 26 games or so..w a healthy o line, Mahomes and company will be just fine. There’s obviously some work/improvements in almost every aspect, coaching included. The chiefs will be a serious playoff contender for years..

That’s what they said about the Warner Rams and after an upset loss to a Brady lead team that stopped their super bowl repeat they never went back.

Parts of that Sound familiar ?

#30485 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s what they said about the Warner Rams and after an upset loss to a Brady lead team that stopped their super bowl repeat they never went back.
Parts of that Sound familiar ?

The afc west is weak. shit, chiefs have dominated that division for awhile. You can’t tell that me after signing #15,kelce, hill and having Reid coaching that they won’t contend? They’ll improve that team for sure, and I’d be totally fn shocked if they’re not in another sb in a few years. Kc’s window I’d think is 3-4..after that, who knows..

#30486 3 years ago

Well no surprise the Chiefs have parted ways with Reid as a coach, not sure it's really a blow to his Dad other than on the personal side.

#30487 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ok a few things.KC will have to address the Oline in the draft no money for free agents.The defense was subpar most of the year and the grabby undisciplined secondary was exploited for what it is.You got me on the white uniforms

Here is the thing man. We had two o-linement opt out for covid. One is a doctor and decided to treat people rather than play. Both injured tackles will be back. These aren't exactly slouches here. pro-bowl and all-pro guys. Then some guys who were hurt will be in the rotation. The Chiefs biggest free agents are our 3rd or 4th safety and 4th wideout really. Sure that performance was rough, but lets not be ridiculous and act like KC is now on the outs all of the sudden. But hey, you probably know way more about it than I do....

#30488 3 years ago

History hasn’t been kind to Super Bowl losers, but I think if any team could bounce back it would be KC.

#30489 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

History hasn’t been kind to Super Bowl losers, but I think if any team could bounce back it would be KC.

Totally hear you, however this isn't a fluke into the big game type team either. 3 straight conference championships. Lots of wins every year. Not calling a super bowl win or anything right now, but KC will be in the mix next year. Name a better team in the AFC.

#30490 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Totally hear you, however this isn't a fluke into the big game type team either. 3 straight conference championships. Lots of wins every year. Not calling a super bowl win or anything right now, but KC will be in the mix next year. Name a better team in the AFC.

Just saying a lot can change in a season. We’ve seen it before.

I can see any number of teams in the afc stepping up and even coming out of nowhere. The chargers, the Bills, the dolphins, whomever ends up with Watson....

I’d like to think the patriots are done forever but who knows. Maybe all the patriots fans here can weigh in.

Anybody? Hello? Bueller?

#30491 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d like to think the patriots are done forever but who knows. Maybe all the patriots fans here can weigh in.
Anybody? Hello? Bueller?

They ran out of memes.

#30492 3 years ago

The 2 most obnoxious Pat fans have fell off the earth "Rondogg and Monarca1091" never to be heard from anymore.

#30493 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The 2 most obnoxious Pat fans have fell off the earth "Rondogg and Monarca1091" never to be heard from anymore.

Pour one out for them.

#yourteamcheats

#30494 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Has any fanbase abandoned a bandwagon faster?

It doesn't seem possible!

#30495 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just saying a lot can change in a season. We’ve seen it before.
I can see any number of teams in the afc stepping up and even coming out of nowhere. The chargers, the Bills, the dolphins, whomever ends up with Watson....
Anybody? Hello? Bueller?

And I am totally ok with folks hating on my team. I may jaw a bit back and forth, but its in good fun. When someone is way off base I will simply provide some facts.

Legit question---

How many of you would bet against the Chiefs in upcoming games or season type bets?

#30496 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

And I am totally ok with folks hating on my team. I may jaw a bit back and forth, but its in good fun. When someone is way off base I will simply provide some facts.
Legit question---
How many of you would bet against the Chiefs in upcoming games or season type bets?

That’s tough before all the offseason moves, but right now I would not put money on them to win the SB.

#30497 3 years ago

It's all good I don't hate on any team(well maybe the Pats)You've got a generational QB which is the most important piece.Just take a look at the reality of the business side.The Chiefs are 23 million over the cap and that doesn't include 26 free agents currently on the team.Your starting tackles are signed but have achilles(Fisher) and back(Swartz) injuries.Again not hating just wondering where the $ comes from

#30498 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:That’s tough before all the offseason moves, but right now I would not put money on them to win the SB.

All your money is probably tied up in GB.

#30499 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Legit question---

It's not hate, it's watching the NFL for 30 years or so.

At the end of every season, the two Super Bowl teams are the favorites to return.

ALMOST every season this doesn't happen.

I don't bet on football so I can't really answer your question. Teams like the Colts and everybody else who was "close" aren't gonna just disappear, they are going to try to get better. At the same time, KC is gonna lose some of their key players cause they can't afford them all. It's lonely at the top bro, and everybody is working - HARD - to bring you down.

#30500 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

All your money is probably tied up in GB.

Although I like their chances, I could never put money on them and be forced to root for them in anyway. Hell, I have a strict no Packers on my fantasy teams rule.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 610 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/610?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.