pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 601 of 1,516.
#30001 3 years ago

I wish they would change the announcement of the HOF inductees to pro bowl weekend.

#30002 3 years ago

If you want to get in the NFL HoF, your best bet is to get a job as an analyst.

#30003 3 years ago

today marks my annual attempt and failure to get into this Premier League stuff. 0-0, cant take it.

Bit of trivia, in most of the world they call that football. Here we call it running.

#30004 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

today marks my annual attempt and failure to get into this Premier League stuff. 0-0, cant take it.
Bit of trivia, in most of the world they call that football. Here we call it running.

And if you happen to run faster than the other team, they like to keep it "fair" and call it offsides.

I can't watch soccer, I just don't get it.

#30005 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

And if you happen to run faster than the other team, they like to keep it "fair" and call it offsides.
I can't watch soccer, I just don't get it.

In my experience, all goals scored in any soccer match I attend will occur while I’m in the beer line.

#30006 3 years ago

Soccer would be fun to watch if it was played multi ball.

#30007 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Soccer would be fun to watch if it was played multi ball

OMG

How am I half full of grey hairs before I finally hear one of the most brilliant and logical solutions of all of time regarding improving a sport.

Basically, the LONGER the game goes with no score (set a threshold at 15 minutes or 20 minutes or whatever...), you add another ball... With a max of 3 balls. (unless it's a Mark Ritchie match, then 2 is ok) Once a goal is scored you revert back to 1 ball, and reset the timer.

Of course !!!!!!!!!!

-mof

#30008 3 years ago

That does sound interesting enough to watch

#30009 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

enough to watch

It would require a split-screen broadcast at times! haha

OR

Imagine someone controlling 2 balls and scoring with both... How epic would that be?

#30010 3 years ago

If you want to have fun watching soccer watch it with someone who LOVES soccer...preferably someone from overseas.

#30011 3 years ago

Forget soccer, we got something better called the β€œSuperBowl”. Go Bucs! I’ll be at the beach watching the game.

#30012 3 years ago

Yeah, we don't need 2 balls in football to make it exciting !!!

#30013 3 years ago

ohhhh Vic.. Stafford to the Rams for Goff, two 1st's & a 3rd. I may be wrong.. but I think Stafford ain't all that! don't see him being their answer. if only we had some insight on this

#30014 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Stafford to the Rams

Allll Aboooarrddddd.....
CRAAAZY Traaaaaaade.

#30015 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Stafford ain't all that

Dude -- look how well the Rams resurrected Joe Namath's career!

Anything can happen!

#30016 3 years ago

Wow....wow. Lions well du...du...du....done.
Tough to say!!

#30017 3 years ago

Mrs Stafford is the fun part. Detroit was too progressive for her...have fun with all that!!

#30018 3 years ago

Who knows, maybe Detroit flips him for another first, is there any limit to how many first round picks you can have?

#30019 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow....wow. Lions well du...du...du....done.
Tough to say!!

2 late firsts a late 3rd and take on a salary 15M more than Staffords?

Seems bizarre to me. Rams dont even have a 1rst to give in 2021. Gotta be something I am missing.

#30020 3 years ago

What the hell did Goff do to piss McVay and Snead off.

#30021 3 years ago

Jesus!

So the rams now have 4 first round picks, three third round picks, and 2 second round picks tied up in their starting QB? Insane.

I can’t say I’m surprised at the haul but that’s just too rich for my blood. The Rams must seriously believe they are one Matt Stafford away from winning the super bowl.

If this is what Stafford brings what Will Houston get for Watson? 5 first rounders?

#30022 3 years ago

Sounds crazy to me. But obvs congrats in order for anyone escaping Detroit

#30023 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Seems bizarre to me.

Welcome to Lion country...restore the Roar!

This is all going on the fact the new from Rams GM can actually hit on draft picks. I mean its a fun exercise they do here every couple years...keeps the excitement up. Stafford or Goff, its a wash at best but picks, ill take it.

#30024 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If this is what Stafford brings what Will Houston get for Watson? 5 first rounders?

Draft compensation isn't enough. Will need young, quality players in the deal. So Jets are out!

#30025 3 years ago

Rams last first round pick was...Goff.Now they wait until 2024.

#30026 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Rams last first round pick was...Goff.Now they wait until 2024.

It’s like the rams fleeced Washington on the RG3 Trade - a total disaster for Washington - and the lesson they learned was β€œwow Washington had a great Idea there! Let’s do the same thing...twice!”

#30027 3 years ago

Wilson is still the best qb in the nfc west, but will be interesting to see how Stafford does in LA

#30028 3 years ago

This thread could really use some Vic right about now.

#30029 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I would think he’s probably in favor of it.

I can tell you this, the window is about 2 seasons which is as long as they’ll be able to hold this defense together. They are finished otherwise for about 7-8 years with all the draft capital they’ve given up.

#30030 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s like the rams fleeced Washington on the RG3 Trade - a total disaster for Washington - and the lesson they learned was β€œwow Washington had a great Idea there! Let’s do the same thing...twice!”

Let's say Houston says two firsts, a second and third, plus Chase Young for Watson. Do you do it?

#30031 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Let's say Houston says two firsts, a second and third, plus Chase Young for Watson. Do you do it?

No. Chase young is off the table.

MAYBE Montez sweat.

I just don’t really want to go down this route. Still have ptsd from the rg3 trade.

I mean can you imagine making a deal like this and Watson blows out his ACL again in training camp?

Let someone else do it. We’ll draft a qb or go for...something. Honestly I’m thinking we roll with Kyle Allen or hinecke. Maybe someone else halfway decent will shake out.

#30032 3 years ago

This

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This

#30033 3 years ago

What trade makes this the 2nd trade like this?

#30034 3 years ago

Or Staffords back issues are lingering.

#30035 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:So the rams now have 4 first round picks, three third round picks, and 2 second round picks tied up in their starting QB? Insane.

That really is insane...

Well done, detroit. I guess I'll just have to enjoy these next few years watching goff struggle, and hope they do lions things with their new found wealth of draft picks.

#30036 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What trade makes this the 2nd trade like this?

They traded a shitload of draft
Picks so they could take Goff in 2016, and in 2021 they are trading a shitload of draft picks (and Goff) for Stafford.

Crazy.

#30037 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

You know he’s watching this thread and doing this wanting to chime in

FB109EEA-402F-42EC-AC08-540ADB941936.gifFB109EEA-402F-42EC-AC08-540ADB941936.gif
#30038 3 years ago

So let's say they can seal the deal on a SB with this. Immediately after theyll be underwater, completely dismantled.. with no draft capital to build anything. How are they going to survive a 5+ year drought in the football wasteland that is LA?

#30039 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

You know he’s watching this thread and doing this wanting to chime in
[quoted image]

Maybe hes over talking to himself in the trivia thread.

#30040 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well done, detroit. I guess I'll just have to enjoy these next few years watching goff struggle, ...

Yup thats my main point. Stafford, Goff, ...Brady...any fucking QB in Detroit is going to lose for the next 3-4 years, I dont care whom it is. Sure less monies would be better but you are drafting all cheap first rounders for the next 2-3 years. Hell, just sit him and get even higher picks each year! Trust the process!!!

#30041 3 years ago

I dunno man they got to a super bowl within 3 years of making the move, and kept it competitive for 3 full quarters 3-3. Rams dropped TWO bread-basket TDs in that game. Either one of those caught, and who knows what happens... I thought it was a great game. 3 third down conversions per team. Both offenses melted under pressure of great D. When a game is won by 1-2 plays it's a great game.

Your odds of reaching a super bowl in any year is -- 1 in 16... Seems like the investment already paid off. You only have to win one every 32 years... That's not a lot to ask.

#30042 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. Chase young is off the table.
MAYBE Montez sweat.
I just don’t really want to go down this route. Still have ptsd from the rg3 trade.
I mean can you imagine making a deal like this and Watson blows out his ACL again in training camp?
Let someone else do it. We’ll draft a qb or go for...something. Honestly I’m thinking we roll with Kyle Allen or hinecke. Maybe someone else halfway decent will shake out.

I get your sentiment but I go the other way. I would go all in. Too long treading water in QB purgatory with no chance to contend.

I cant even remember the last time a proven young QB was available. Brees maybe but there were questions that his shoulder was ruined.

#30043 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup thats my main point. Stafford, Goff, ...Brady...any fucking QB in Detroit is going to lose for the next 3-4 years, I dont care whom it is. Sure less monies would be better but you are drafting all cheap first rounders for the next 2-3 years. Hell, just sit him and get even higher picks each year! Trust the process!!!

Big brain move... now trade goff.

#30044 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Big brain move... now trade goff.

Absolutely. Still like 15 teams that don't know whom their starting QB is next season.

#30045 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely. Still like 15 teams that don't know whom their starting QB is next season.

EDIT: I mean obviously there's just as much chance Lions trade all these picks for a large order of nachos FFS. BUT...it cant be any worse than Quinn/Patty.

#30046 3 years ago

Stafford got a little pricey for my taste, glad the Broncos sat this one out. I’m uneasy about Lock starting in the fall, but that’s just too many draft picks.

I’m now very curious to see what Houston will get for Watson.

#30047 3 years ago

Might as well follow this one up with Rogers to Houston and Watson to GB with GB giving up this years 1st and 2nd and next years 1st and 3rd so we have a whole bottle of the crazy sauce. lol

#30048 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you want to have fun watching soccer watch football

Agree

#30049 3 years ago

One thing is for damn sure, the Rams are all in on winning NOW, for their sake I hope it brings success. When its all said and done their next first round pick probably hasn't even been born yet.

#30050 3 years ago

Mega trade wow. This puts the price tag on a Watson trade into wazoo territory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 601 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/601?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.