giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 1,507.
#29951 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Still a fan of both men though believe it or not, but my anger towards superstars this week is solely on Rogers shoulders.

Even I am amazed that the news cycle is so quick this days that people need to be reminded that Rodgers has always been a passive aggressive, smarmy asshole.

#29952 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Even I am amazed that the news cycle is so quick this days that people need to be reminded that Rodgers has always been a passive aggressive, smarmy asshole.

And when his own family can’t stand him, it says something

#29953 3 years ago

He's a douche, but he's our douche (for now).

For those keeping score 'beautiful mystery' is the same exact term that the LAR brass used when describing Goff's future.

#29954 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

...but he's our douche (for now)..

Tick tock!

#29955 3 years ago

He's a douche, but he's our douche (for now).
For those keeping score 'beautiful mystery' is the same exact term that the LAR brass used when describing Goff's future.

Talking bout the future/douces, Big Ben has been asked to restructure his contract..

#29956 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Talking bout the future/douces, Big Ben has been asked to restructure his contract..

There was never a doubt there, and he's ready but can they agree on a number. He needs to go way down...waaaaaay down to pull off one more season and give them extra cash to sign a player. You've already made like 250+ millions and they dealt with all your rapes and shit, give a little back on the way out so it doesn't become the next Bradshaw situation.

#29957 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

so it doesn't become the next Bradshaw situation.

What was the Bradshaw situation?

I thought he got old, broke his arm, and retired. Kinda standard.

#29958 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What was the Bradshaw situation?
I thought he got old, broke his arm, and retired. Kinda standard.

I just mean make everyone happy so there isn't a rift like Bradhsaw had for 30 years, or however long it was.

#29959 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just mean make everyone happy so there isn't a rift like Bradhsaw had for 30 years, or however long it was.

Ah!

I didn't realize that Bradshaw was still on the team when they had the opportunity to draft Marino.

#29960 3 years ago

Wish I had a Bradshaw rookie card: $1400 today
3x more valuable than a Montana rookie card: $400

Why are complete sets up for offer for $50-100 on ebay? I don't get it...

#29962 3 years ago

I kind of want a real old school hold out shit show, we just had one with L'veon but not a big QB like this.

This will be classic becasue they're going to get a shit ton of actual awesome trade deals, yet they are too fucking dumb to realize it.

#29963 3 years ago

A couple things... first, the guy JUST signed a contract. He didn't need to do that. He presumably knew what a shitshow this was before signing.

Second, I don't blame the FO for trying to squeeze any amount of leverage they can out of this. They absolutely should say they have 0 interest in trading him. That's the only right play right now. I'm sure a couple of first rounders will make them come around.

#29964 3 years ago

I usually hate the ORDER of lists like this, but I appreciate the history lesson when older dudes are mentioned like Morrall, Dawson and Unitas.

https://www.nfl.com/news/all-time-super-bowl-qb-rankings-patrick-mahomes-already-cracks-top-20

#29965 3 years ago

A couple things... first, the guy JUST signed a contract. He didn't need to do that. He presumably knew what a shitshow this was before signing.

Contracts are jokes in the NFL, someone offers you a shit ton of monies you take it immediately and get as much as you can, let everything else get sorted out later.

Second, I don't blame the FO for trying to squeeze any amount of leverage they can out of this.

Well of course not, that's the dance!

#29966 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I kind of want a real old school hold out shit show, we just had one with L'veon but not a big QB like this.
This will be classic becasue they're going to get a shit ton of actual awesome trade deals, yet they are too fucking dumb to realize it.

My thoughts exactly. The Texans have made so many dumb decisions over the years. They absolutely should not entertain his demand to be traded. Force him to play or sit If they get an offer for 3-4 first round picks maybe you go ahead and make the deal. They sure as hell got nothing for Hopkins and Clowny...don’t understand how you trade them and get NOTHING!

Texans are in a hole....I think they made a BAD coaching hire. They really should consider cleaning house on the roster and get max value for everything they can and load up on draft picks and clear cap space. They have to rebuild completely....no one currently there wants to play for this owner or coaching staff.

#29967 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

My thoughts exactly. The Texans have made so many dumb decisions over the years. They absolutely should not entertain his demand to be traded. Force him to play or sit If they get an offer for 3-4 first round picks maybe you go ahead and make the deal. They sure as hell got nothing for Hopkins and Clowny...don’t understand how you trade them and get NOTHING!
Texans are in a hole....I think they made a BAD coaching hire. They really should consider cleaning house on the roster and get max value for everything they can and load up on draft picks and clear cap space. They have to rebuild completely....no one currently there wants to play for this owner or coaching staff.

Texans have limited draft pics this year. Texans have a QB that has clearly decided he doesn't want to play for them. Wouldn't you want to get max value from that player? Look at it as a business decision. Makes the most sense to trade him and try to get young talent on your roster through the huge amount of draft picks you would get in return. This is a classic cut off your nose to spite your face situation.

#29968 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Texans have limited draft pics this year. Texans have a QB that has clearly decided he doesn't want to play for them. Wouldn't you want to get max value from that player? Look at it as a business decision. Makes the most sense to trade him and try to get young talent on your roster through the huge amount of draft picks you would get in return. This is a classic cut off your nose to spite your face situation.

Much of the problem is he IS young talent... at the toughest to find and most critical position. He's under contract until 2026... He can sit, but his butt is gonna get sore.

Their current path is providing them maximum value, they can't flinch. They need to stay the course until he suits up or until the right suitor makes an offer they can't refuse.

I don't think putting the floor on this at 2+ 1st rounders is unreasonable. It often takes franchises several tries with high draft positions to get a legitimate QB, and most of those guys still aren't going to be as good as Watson. If you have a team in place that just needs a QB to be a contender, you might want to start preparing your best offer.

#29969 3 years ago

2+ first rounders is absolutely believable and I would pay it everyday. Or first & 2nd rounder and Matt stafford...although he's got a non trade clause to hedge never go there...which is whyvhe Sattford should go to Pittsburgh...but I digress.

Jets pick is high, he'd go there, can they get 1st rounders this year and next and thst should be the easiest decision the the jets have ever made, somehow saving their dumbest wins ever this season

#29970 3 years ago

I would really like to see the Dolphins go after him.Trade this years 2 firsts and a 2022 first.Get what you could for Tua..maybe a second.That would give them 3 seconds in this years draft.

#29971 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I would really like to see the Dolphins go after him.Trade this years 2 firsts and a 2022 first.Get what you could for Tua..maybe a second.That would give them 3 seconds in this years draft.

2 first this year might be enough...easy decision there.

#29972 3 years ago

Jimmy G going to return to NE? If there were a living, breathing Pats fan maybe we could get some info.

#29973 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jimmy G going to return to NE? If there were a living, breathing Pats fan maybe we could get some info.

Quoted from TheLaw:

So I thinking Watson to 49ers, Crapolo to NE.
Picks ahoy for Houston

#29974 3 years ago

Wait... rodgers wants a new contract, after a loss, while in the first year of a 4 year contract?

Lose and renegotiate?

#29975 3 years ago

sorry man missed it. Trying not to read too much Watson speculation and get my hopes up.

#29976 3 years ago

Wonder if Jerry Jones contemplates a new qb in Dallas? How long does he give Zak the 1 year contracts? The Colts need a qb..gonna be an interesting off season for sure

#29977 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sorry man missed it...

Ha I was just guessing...none of us know till something happens.

Quoted from yaksplat:

Wait... rodgers wants a new contract, after a loss, while in the first year of a 4 year contract?
Lose and renegotiate?

Well in his mind it would be after his coach took the ball out of his hands to lose the game.
Others would say after he failed to rush on that
3rd down.
But why not lose and renegotiate...what are you waiting for?
Crappalo takes team to the SB where the horrible coach blew it (again), you're getting traded. Goff takes his team to the SB, he's on the block and publicly mocked by his GM.

Etc etc

#29978 3 years ago

I haven't seen anything to suggest Rodgers is looking for a new deal. Anyone have a source for that? Honestly give it to him, he's owed 38m or something next year on a reduced cap. Get him some more gtd money, a nice piece of stock for him to frame, and backload another deal.

#29979 3 years ago

I think Mike Florio may be the only one out there now....and other sources are just sourcing him, but not sure.

#29981 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

No Antonio Brown for SB

Yeah I Know Wiggum thinks its a massive deal but not to me. Winfield back is a great sign.
Edit: i mean its not good news for sho dont get me wrong

#29982 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I Know Wiggum thinks its a massive deal but not to me. Winfield back is a great sign.
Edit: i mean its not good news for sho dont get me wrong

AB is TBs safety blanket, with AB gone, Brady has been leaning heavily on Cameron Brate... I have said it all year... If Tampa makes a conscious effort to run the ball, they have a good chance of winning.

Winfield is a stud. He isn't playing like a rookie. He still makes rookie mistakes, but damn, he can make plays.

#29983 3 years ago

Yo Deacon... Your alma mater is in the news... The videos are awesome...

https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/4312542001

#29984 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

AB is TBs safety blanket, with AB gone, Brady has been leaning heavily on Cameron Brate...

My point is he did fine before Brown got there, but of course it hurts them with him out.
EDIT: Again as we all know, if they can actually catch a fucking football!

#29985 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My point is he did fine before Brown got there, but of course it hurts them with him out.
EDIT: Again as we all know, if they can actually catch a fucking football!

Yeah, I don't disagree... They don't need AB, but he has been a welcome surprise.

Godwin has been a head scratcher. That dude had been really good until this year... He has gotten inside his own head.

#29986 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Mike Florio may be the only one out there now....and other sources are just sourcing him, but not sure.

Yeah, that's how florio keeps a job, he invites Finley and Jennings back every 6 months to talk about what a bad teammate Rodgers was.

I don't like his attitude a lot of the time, but I don't buy the 'shitty leader' mantra. I think he expects people to be professional, do their job to the best of their ability, and be accountable. I don't think Bobby Tonyan gets elevated to his level of play with many other QBs, and he's developed into that, it's not just pass placement and throwing him open.

#29987 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Godwin has been a head scratcher. That dude had been really good until this year..

Id like to see his stats pre AB! He NEVER would have dropped thst TD pass on the champ game last year. It was like Stickum on those hands

#29989 3 years ago

Yeah, that's how florio keeps a job....

So Florio & Silver can't have an opinion on Rodgers...I'll just keep this list here for later perps

I don't like his attitude a lot of the time, but I don't buy the 'shitty leader' mantra.

Strawman...is that you? Has anyone ever called him a shitty leader?

#29990 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You don't say.... Lol

I know I fixed it...fucking phone/drunk late at night!
EDIT: i was THIS close to fixing a pinball machine till Pinside Football talk pulled me away

#29991 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So Florio & Silver can't have an opinion on Rodgers...I'll just keep this list here for later perps

Lol, fair. I honestly can't remember which one is which, but I do think they both make their living off of claiming Rodgers is overrated, getting traded, or a bad teammate.

The fact that there is a living to be made certainly says something, but I think a lot of it is overblown. I really don't buy into the idea that he hates MLFs system... he's the MVP.

I do think that he clashes with Mark Murphy. He shook up the hierarchy that made the GM and HC positions so attractive. I'm pretty convinced he wants sustainability more than titles. Russ Ball is also still involved in the decisions (Murphy almost made him GM). That guy is ultra conservative, and really focused on bottomline stuff. Those two (and their newly inflated positions) likely played a big role in our quiet trade deadline. The rumor was that some parties wanted a move to be done. It was either MLF, or MLF and Gutey.

Rodgers certainly has a reason to be pissed with a generational WR draft class left untouched. Could you imagine if we have traded up for Justin Jefferson instead?

At the same time, he needs to understand his bitchy attitude really isn't going to move the needle.

#29992 3 years ago

He's also nuts if he thinks he's going to find a better place to win a championship right now than GB. He'll be 3 years into the system. He's pouty, so he's not going to just take a system and execute it like Brady did. You have to win him over... coddle him... make him feel special and wanted. That takes at least a year. We also have a lot of talent, even if we refuse to go out and spend capital on more.

He's also under contract he doesn't really get to decide where he wants to go. Maybe we'd do him the courtesy of trying to find an agreeable match, but he's just not in the same position Brady was to be able to cut bait and suit up with whomever he chooses.

#29993 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:Yeah, I don't disagree... They don't need AB, but he has been a welcome surprise.
Godwin has been a head scratcher. That dude had been really good until this year... He has gotten inside his own head.

I was hoping AB would at least be on the sidelines. There was a non-zero chance he was going to punch-out someone, dressed or not.

#29994 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yo Deacon... Your alma mater is in the news... The videos are awesome...
https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/4312542001

I saw that! I'd love to land him as an UDFA, but for his sake I hope he gets a draft placement. What a performance..

#29995 3 years ago

I saw that! I'd love to land him as an UDFA, but for his sake I hope he gets a draft placement. What a performance..

the next Chance Warmack!

chance-warmack (resized).pngchance-warmack (resized).png
#29996 3 years ago

Warmacks career highlight

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
#29997 3 years ago

Received a text this morning from a friend that is a KC "fan". I don't mind the trash talk, but only when it comes from people that can name more than one player on their team that isn't their QB....

This is all it said....
Attach0 (resized).jpgAttach0 (resized).jpg

At least it made me laugh a little...

#29998 3 years ago

Dak to Green Bay!, You haven’t mentioned that one, have you Erik?

#29999 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dak to Green Bay!, You haven’t mentioned that one, have you Erik?

Ive been scooped!

#30000 3 years ago

He's also nuts if he thinks he's going to find a better place to win a championship right now than GB ....

Totally agree there...2 championship games in row for god sakes.
Its not like the lions & stafford, they sure is shit aren't going to alow him to the 49ers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 75,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/600?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.