spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 599 of 1,513.
#29901 3 years ago

I wonder who Fitzpatrick ends up with next season.

People forget he didn’t always have a beard. Used to be a clean cut nice boy.

#29902 3 years ago

I actually forgot what he used to look like. Sure could have used him in that last game.

Tua is a lefty. I've often wondered how long it takes a receiver who is used to catching balls from a right hander his whole life to adjust to the ball spinning the opposite direction. I know they are all professionals here, but it was a thought.

#29903 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hes good for 4 games every year, then he turns back into a pumpkin. Perfect backup.

#29904 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Cole Beasley played with a broken fibula for the last 2 or 3 games.

Jack Youngblood loves this kid

#29905 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's almost good. Good enough to get your hopes up, but he'll always let you down.

His best year with Buffalo, he threw 23 ints and 24 TDs.

#29906 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Used to be a clean cut nice boy

Same thing with that Giants pitcher Brian Wilson -- from 6-7 years ago...

#29907 3 years ago

My question was answered 25 years ago. I must have tried to block it out.

#29908 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My question was answered 25 years ago.

What in the form of a question is it?

#29909 3 years ago

Ok Stafford has gotta be moved by then end if the day, but to whom? IND obvious choice but jeez their pick is way too low.. unless you're a dumb team.

#29910 3 years ago

Packers is probably even a lower pick...

#29911 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok Stafford has gotta be moved by then end if the day, but to whom? IND obvious choice but jeez their pick is way too low.. unless you're a dumb team.

The compensation is likely higher than a mid-late first round pick. Stafford is a quality QB with a contract that can be taken on by a few different teams. Indy adds players or picks would be my guess.

#29912 3 years ago

Low 1st round pick is scary though....even scarier is a bunch of picks after #1 which lions usually throw in the trash. Although I guess a players plus 2 #1s back to back?

#29913 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would think the front-runners are INdy or Pats...someone in the AFC. All things being equal the Lions will trade him out of the conference.

That being said if someone from the NFC is willing to overpay, it could happen. Certainly not the bears, but someone like Washington or San Fran.

I would LOVE to see Washington pick up Stafford, who is a top 10 QB easy.

#29914 3 years ago

Yeah Essington is a choice. I dknt think nfc matters much; Total rebuild going on but you never know.

I keep seeing mock drafts with Fields going to Lions, uff

#29915 3 years ago

Sounds like Irsay wants Stafford.The Colts have a ready made team and plenty of cap space.After that Washington and N.E. have the need and the cap space.Vegas thinks Denver is the favorite but there will a plugin defensive starter available at #9 and Lock hasn't had an offseason to develop yet.

Edit:Talked me into Stafford to Denver

#29916 3 years ago

This is wild speculation but it's being reported that the Texans QB wants out so maybe GB or Lions swap QB's with a mid to low 1st rd. and 2nd rd pick , realistic?, likely not but certainly an option for the Texans to keep a decent QB and gain some picks as well.

#29917 3 years ago

Watson wouldn't want any part of Detroit, wants Jets...but does that matter? Stafford, and fornsure his wife, would love to head south.

Old shitty Lions GM is running WFT now so there's another angle.

#29918 3 years ago

Out of the division seems sufficient. The Lions are in a full blown rebuild now... I don't really think they can give up potential value to make sure some other team from the NFC doesn't get better.

Honestly if the Bears are willing to throw more value at them than anyone else, just take it.

#29919 3 years ago

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for 3 more years, so even if he wanted to go somewhere else the FO still holds the cards. His only real play is a retirement.

In the unlikely scenario he is traded, it would be because we're confident that Jordan Love is an actual QB and would ride it out with him for a while.

#29920 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for 3 more years...

Well he's forcing the Love issue for sure. You don;t ask for a new contract unless you're telling them there no point having Love on the team. EDIT: Unless he wants out.

#29921 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Vegas thinks Denver is the favorite but there will a plugin defensive starter available at #9 and Lock hasn't had an offseason to develop yet.

Lock may not have had an offseason to develop, but he looked pretty damned spotty this year, with a combination of poor decision-making and inaccurate throws. I know the old school was give your rookie QB a couple of seasons and maybe he'll be the next Payton Manning, but it's just hard to see that outcome with Lock. If I'm George Patton (Denver's new GM) I wouldn't mind replacing a huge question mark with a proven performer like Stafford, even at the cost of a first-round pick.

#29922 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

...even at the cost of a first-round pick.

Yes but it's gonna be more than that fo sho. I thin there's a lot of teams that want him actually.

#29923 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Lock may not have had an offseason to develop, but he looked pretty damned spotty this year, with a combination of poor decision-making and inaccurate throws. I know the old school was give your rookie QB a couple of seasons and maybe they'll be the next Payton Manning, but it's just hard to see that outcome with Lock. If I'm George Patton (Denver's new GM) I wouldn't mind replacing a huge question mark with a proven performer like Stafford, even at the cost of a first-round pick.

No-brainer to get stafford over lock. Major improvement. Denver needs to do something. Chargers have a promising QB. KC is KC. They are falling further back right now, not moving up if they stay put with lock.

#29924 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF Witten is sill playing?!

When I read he retired I had to look this up just to he reminded

#29925 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he's forcing the Love issue for sure. You don;t ask for a new contract unless you're telling them there no point having Love on the team. EDIT: Unless he wants out.

I haven't seen anything reliable about him wanting a new contract. Not saying its not real, but anything Michael Silver says about Rodgers should be taken with several doses of salt. Guy is a cold take artist.

#29926 3 years ago

Gotcha. Heard it a couple places but never saw a smoking gun myself.

#29927 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What in the form of a question is it?

Because of Tua, it was how receivers adapt to catching balls from a left hander due to the ball spinning the opposite direction than they are used to.

I came up with Steve Young who threw 6 TDs that day.

Has any other left handed QB won a Super Bowl? I'm too lazy to look it up.

#29928 3 years ago

"The Snake" Kenny Stabler was a lefty

#29929 3 years ago

Not necessarily because of the spin but Denvers receivers needed a wide catch radius to adapt to Tim Tebows throws.

#29930 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Not necessarily because of the spin but Denvers receivers needed a wide catch radius to adapt to Tim Tebows throws.

You spelled "Tim Tebow" wrong- it's spelled- M-I-T-C-H-E-L-L T-R-U-B-I-S-K-Y

#29931 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You spelled "Tim Tebow" wrong- it's spelled- M-I-T-C-H-E-L-L T-R-U-B-I-S-K-Y

Bears fan here, but when he’s right, he’s right!

#29932 3 years ago

Oh come on now guys.

Tebow had a playoff win.

#29933 3 years ago

Rex Grossman has as many NFC championships as Aaron Rodgers

#29934 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#29935 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

But not as many SB wins!

#29936 3 years ago

It’s official...Watson wants out of Houston....saw that coming.

#29937 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

It’s official...Watson wants out of Houston....saw that coming.

He’s a pretty good qb, but he’s whiny cuz he wasn’t part of the coaching decision, or who gets an interview? What ever happened to the just be the qb/leader and know your role/do your job? It’s getting bad like the nba

#29938 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

He’s a pretty good qb, but he’s whiny cuz he wasn’t part of the coaching decision, or who gets an interview? What ever happened to the just be the qb/leader and know your role/do your job? It’s getting bad like the nba

Team completely fucked him last year with, literally, the worst trade in NFL history. They did him dirty so he wants out. When "white 'Merica hero" JJ Watt is telling everyone it's a shitshow people should listen. Matt Stafford wants out of his shitty organization and everyone's cool with that.

#29939 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Team completely fucked him last year with, literally, the worst trade in NFL history. They did him dirty so he wants out. When "white 'Merica hero" JJ Watt is telling everyone it's a shitshow people should listen. Matt Stafford wants out of his shitty organization and everyone's cool with that.

The owner directly told Watson he would be involved with the hire. Owner then didn't involve Watson. Great read:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

#29940 3 years ago

Houston is the biggest mess in football right now, rivaled only by the Jets.

#29941 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Houston is the biggest mess in football right now, rivaled only by the Jets.

The Jags going from the AFC championship game to the cellar so quickly puts them solidly in the discussion as well!

#29942 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The Jags going from the AFC championship game to the cellar so quickly puts them solidly in the discussion as well!

Yes, but having the #1 pic and a hot QB in your future takes the pressure off for a bit. Of course if they fuck up Lawrence's development or immediately get him injured with a garbage o-line they're right back in the mix!

#29943 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, but having the #1 pic and a hot QB in your future takes the pressure off for a bit. Of course if they fuck up Lawrence's development or immediately get him injured with a garbage o-line they're right back in the mix!

Not trying to take the title from Houston. They are in the worst spot of all the teams. Just reminding that the Jags are also a mess

#29944 3 years ago

What do you do when you have one of the worst STs in the league every year? Fire your ST coordinator.... and then promote the guy behind him!

The Packers have done this at least 3x, but I think it's 4. So stupid. This guy will get 3 years to fill blooper reels before we move onto the complicit moron behind him.

#29945 3 years ago

does someone know Vic personally?! I'm wondering why this Clemson wr was released by the chargers and joined my hometown team! if only he was here to answer.. I think he'd appreciate the lack of trivia tho!

Screenshot_20210128-134247_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210128-134247_Instagram (resized).jpg
#29946 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The owner directly told Watson he would be involved with the hire. Owner then didn't involve Watson. Great read:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

I thought he was a bit whiny, and shit happens in every workplace where the management doesn't always do what they say. Not saying its right, but it is what it is more often than not.

I may have been a bit on edge after seeing Rogers say "my future is a beautiful mystery". I cant even explain why, but that comment not only made me angry at Rogers, but made me mad at every superstar in sports.

What is it about money that turns you into such a weirdo. Then he just stands there all weird and whiny for 5 mins as if its the coaches or owners fault he didnt run for it with a wide open field on 3rd and goal down 8 points. Next time run the damn ball instead of pondering "the beautiful mystery".

Still a fan of both men though believe it or not, but my anger towards superstars this week is solely on Rogers shoulders.

My prayer is Mahomes doesnt go and get weird now that he has big money. Now THATS a likeable superstar, love that guy.

#29947 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Had to google, 1st place in 2017? Damn!

#29948 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course if they fuck up Lawrence's development or immediately get him injured with a garbage o-line they're right back in the mix!

I felt this.... Get well soon Joey

Michael_Jordan_s_crying_meme_becomes_a_tattoo-1000x600 (resized).jpgMichael_Jordan_s_crying_meme_becomes_a_tattoo-1000x600 (resized).jpg
#29949 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not trying to take the title from Houston. They are in the worst spot of all the teams. Just reminding that the Jags are also a mess

It's a great time to be alive

#29950 3 years ago

Well the Texans couldn’t have screwed this any worse....but there are 2 sides to this. If they keep Watson it’s gonna be ugly because Bill O’Brien GAVE away players and got literally nothing in return. He over spent on a few players. So the Texans have NO draft picks. No cap room so they are screwed for the next couple of years if they ride it out. The only thing that makes sense is to blow this team up and rebuild. Problem is they did not bring in a long term coach to do this right. The Texans can get ALOT for Watson. Get rid of anyone else that is worth anything and load up HEAVY on draft picks. Get rid of all the dead weight and free up all the cap space you can. If they draft smart they can turn this around in 2-3 seasons. It can be done but the Texans don’t have the balls or right people (GM, Head Coach) to do it. The owner is just a rich kids failure son that inherited the team. Cal McNair has no business running this team. He needs to find a REAL GM and not be involved period. That’s what most good owners do. Hire GOOD people to run it. When things don’t work you clean house and try again.

Jesus Easterby (Jack Easterby) needed to go when they fired Bill O’BRIEN. This guy is a HUGE problem. Give me the Kubiak era any day over this shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Boards
PinSound

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 599 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/599?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.