dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 589 of 1,514.
#29401 3 years ago

Yes!!!!!!!!!Football today!!!!!!!

Let's go Bills and bucs, with a #billsmafia style Superbowl win!!!!

#29402 3 years ago

So pumped. For the first time in a long time it feels like the best 4 are left. I know it sounds cliche since were down to 4, but it always seems like some dominant team pisses it away in the playoffs. This year it truly feels like the best product is left out there.

#29403 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

So pumped. For the first time in a long time it feels like the best 4 are left. I know it sounds cliche since were down to 4, but it always seems like some dominant team pisses it away in the playoffs. This year it truly feels like the best product is left out there.

It is bittersweet: only 2 days of football left (today's games and the Superbowl). Then we get 8 months of nothing

That's ok. More pinball and bourbon I suppose. I really would love year-round football though...

#29404 3 years ago

OK, let's not forget that the Bucs were 8-5 at one point this season. I give them credit for closing out the season strong, but to me, one of the 4 best teams in the league they are not! Let's go Chiefs and Packers!

#29405 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Easy win for my Bucs today... Amiright Deacon?

Not quoting this because I am superstitious or anything.

#29406 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

GO BILLS!!
OUR TIME DAMMIT!!

stay off them rootbeers today!

#29408 3 years ago

is counting hard today?

pre-season starts august 1.

-mof

#29409 3 years ago

For the first time in my life I’ll be rooting for Tom Brady in a playoff game.

#29410 3 years ago

I wouldn't be disappointed with a Bills n Bucs SB!

#29411 3 years ago

How can one root against the greatest team in NFL history?

oldest and first team in the league
highest win pct
two dynasties (most of any team) (1926-45), (1993-2020)
most quarterbacks to win super bowls: 3 (tied with broncos)
the big trophy is named after your head coach

I could go on...

#29412 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

highest win pct
I could go on...

Trust me, it's super easy....

#29413 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

highest win pct
I could go on...

Oh, it’s real easy.

#29414 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Trust me, it's super easy....

Beat me by 30 seconds

#29415 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Beat me by 30 seconds

Did they ever "tuck rule" their way into a championship game?

How do you top that level of disgusting behavior...

The choice is clear.

#29416 3 years ago

breaking: Eagles choose "Nick Sirianni" as head coach. eh? who dat.

#29417 3 years ago

I’d break out in hives and need my Epipen if I rooted for the Packers, absolutely clear choice.

#29419 3 years ago

What team is their arch enemy? Vikings?

I can't think of anyone competitive in their division in the last 50 years since the 85 Bears or maybe the 98 or 12 Vikings. Packers were utter poopsville between Starr and Favre (1970-1992) -- that had to be a tough 22 years.

#29420 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

He has experience with Wentz. The owner chose Wentz over Doug Pederson.... Crazy stuff.

#29421 3 years ago

He wins you a super bowl with a "backup in quotes" over the goat, and this is your thanks -- brutal.

#29422 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't think of anyone competitive in their division in the last 50 years since the 85 Bears or maybe the 98 or 12 Vikings. Packers were utter poopsville between Starr and Favre (1970-1992) -- that had to be a tough 22 years.

Bears...

A large portion of Wisconsin and Illinois population are within 90 minutes of each other.

#29423 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The Wentz whisperer.Lucky for them not to board the train wreck known as McDaniels.

#29424 3 years ago

Awesome. Had no idea. Niners and Raiders fans don't "literally" hate each other -- we just pretend to -- since we are in different conferences. We play "friendly" pre-season games together in fact. But you have to pick one team or the other when you grow up Bay Area. (stadiums are 20 miles apart, roughly) Now the Raiders moved, so no idea how it will play out now.

Bears and Packers fans hate each other? I'm trying to think of even ONE playoff match between the two teams... nothing comes to mind. Are we sure they are worth hating?

lol

#29425 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Bears...
A large portion of Wisconsin and Illinois population are within 90 minutes of each other.

Yep, a few things you’d get your ass beat for growing up in Chicagoland

1. Rooting for the Packers
2. Ketchup on a hot dog
3. Being both a Cubs and White Sox “fan”

#29426 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ketchup on a hot dog

Ok, at least I only score .5 out of 3 on the quiz. I might survive a few days...

People put ketchup on a hotdog?

My god there are some animals out there.

#29427 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Awesome. Had no idea. Niners and Raiders fans don't "literally" hate each other -- we just pretend to -- since we are in different divisions. But you have to pick one team or the other when you grow up Bay Area. (stadiums are 20 miles apart, roughly)
Bears and Packers fans hate each other? I'm trying to think of even ONE playoff match between the two teams... nothing comes to mind. Are we sure they are worth hating?
lol

It is sort of hard to explain until you actually attend a regular season game between the two. It's little stuff like wearing a packers jersey at a bears game, and then actively avoiding a car coming for you in the parking lot full of bears fans.

As a neutral 3rd party, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with two of my buddies that played for Gruden at SEMO, and each going about 6'7, 300lbs... It was like two giant drunk green targets.

#29428 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

White Sox “fan”

Didn't realize you believed in conspiracy theories. White Sox fans don't exist.

#29429 3 years ago

It's true, I don't think I've ever met one, and funny enough I don't think I've ever seen a game with them playing, are they in the majors?

#29430 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's the bears, and it's not very close. The vikings give us some competition from time to time, but nothing brings a smile to my face like beating the bears... constantly.

Go Pack Go!

#29431 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

two dynasties (most of any team) (1926-45), (1993-2020)...

Absolutely not a dynasty 93-20.

Quoted from mof:

Levi would like a word with you

#29432 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's true, I don't think I've ever met one, and funny enough I don't think I've ever seen a game with them playing, are they in the majors?

That's the crazy thing... You would think there would be more of them since they are the far more successful team of the two if you are looking at recent WS titles.

Sorry cubs fans... You know it too. Lol

#29433 3 years ago

Who do you hate most and why? I use a different formula.

I happen to hate teams based on HOW MUCH they take away opportunity from my Raiders, not the distance to my stadium:

* patriots + (ref call) -- missed afc championship
* broncos + (ref calls x 2) -- missed super bowl against the cowboys and staubach
* steelers (three? 70s championship games)

. (big drop off in emotion here to just 'dislike')

chargers (cause they never "took anything" away from us in the playoffs...iirc)
chiefs (cause they never "took anything" away from us in the playoffs...iirc)

#29434 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ok, at least I only score .5 out of 3 on the quiz. I might survive a few days...

People put ketchup on a hotdog?

My god there are some animals out there.

#29435 3 years ago

Oh snap you are right:

Williams
Theissman
Rypien

#29436 3 years ago

RWH
You off today for a change?

#29437 3 years ago

Jason Pierre Paul walking around Lambeau in a short sleeve shirt, haha. Fireworks must have destroyed all sensation in more than just his hand.

#29438 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely not a dynasty 93-20

For sure they are.

Over the life of this current (Favre-Rodgers) dynastic period, Green Bay played in 20+ playoff games, with a 2-1 record in Super Bowls.

How many seasons have they missed since Favre came on board? 6?

Gimme a break.

#29439 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You off today for a change?

No I hope to be back home by the last of the Bills Victory but we will see. I should be home by 9:30 so I figure I'll see last 8-10 min if lucky

#29440 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who do you hate most and why? I use a different formula.
I happen to hate teams based on HOW MUCH they take away opportunity from my Raiders, not the distance to my stadium:
* patriots + (ref call) -- missed afc championship
* broncos + (ref calls x 2) -- missed super bowl against the cowboys and craig morton
* steelers (three? 70s championship games)

. (big drop off in emotion here to just 'dislike')

chargers
chiefs

I moved to the Midwest in 1999.... My first observation was that alcohol up here is very much an attraction to all events. Sporting events, weddings, and even little league games.

As a frequent fan of tailgating at these events, there is zero question that after years of study, I have formed a very tight hypothesis that alcohol can lead to bad decision making.

These bad decisions also seem to make an impact on the children of these "fans", and the viscious cycle repeats....

#29441 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

brings a smile to my face like beating the bears

When did the Bears EVER prevent you from making the playoffs in game 16, or beat you in the playoffs???

I mean that's more my measure...

I can't hate the chargers cause they haven't taken any toys out of my hand and run off with it. But they surely have won some regular season games against us... especially under Rivers! But they've beaten us more in slump seasons -- who cares!

-mof

#29442 3 years ago

I’ll be watching outdoors in 80 degree weather, 90 miles south of Tampa, should be a great time.

#29443 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

When did the Bears EVER prevent you from making the playoffs in game 16, or beat you in the playoffs???
I can't hate the chargers cause they haven't taken any toys out of my hand and run off with it.
-mof

Here's my measure... On the weekends I enjoy time outdoors. Wisconsin has a lot to offer. I then get on the road, only to get stuck in a traffic jam full of Illinois SUVs pulling campers, pulling boats, pulling jet skis, going to a beautiful lake that I can't get anywhere near because they own all of the surrounding property on that lake, and let you know as much with their Bears and Cubs flags hanging outside.

Vikings fans pretty much stay in their state, and lions fans pretty much hide that they are lions fans.

Also, not sure if you can get 670am streamed where you live, but it will give you a real feel for chicago sports fans. It is glorious and my favorite station to listen to going to work.

Every bear win is a comparison to 85, and every loss calls for the whole team to be wiped off the face of the earth.

#29444 3 years ago

Yep, their dynasty was the OG dynasty (1920-1950), a championship in 63, and then their splash in 85. And the fizzle in 2006? Who the hell was Rex Grossman? Geez.

That's gonna be pretty tough on any fan.

#29445 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't hate the chargers cause they haven't taken any toys out of my hand and run off with it. But they surely have won some regular season games against us... especially under Rivers! But they've beaten us more in slump seasons -- who cares!
-mof

Rivalries run deep. We're talking 100 years in this case. Before accessible long distance transit was a thing. You wouldnt have interacted with many other teams fans. The Vikings and lions are relatively new, comparitively. Neither has really taken much of note away from us (except aging players).

The bears are the only other team to secure a SB in the divison, and they're still hanging onto it with both hands 35 years later.

#29446 3 years ago

You learn to hate the Packers before you learn to walk, it’s just engrained hatred on both sides.

#29447 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Rivalries run deep.

It makes sense now.
100 years
90 miles
games split roughly 50-50 between them
playoffs split 1-1

#29448 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

engrained hatred

Is it the most epic rivalry in the NFL?

has to be...

#29449 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

has to be...

It’s definitely the top or near the top of all sports rivalries.

#29450 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

has to be...

In the NFL, for sure....

The 2nd being the Patriots vs. the entire NFL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 589 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/589?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.