nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 587 of 1,516.
#29301 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

scheduled their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday

+1

That's how I feel about EVERY pinball show that is on top of playoffs from any sport -- so frickin' tone deaf.

Nerds!

-mof

#29302 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Someone scheduled their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday? What a douche move...

As if Whistler wasn't douche enough

#29303 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As if Whistler wasn't douche enough

Great skiing, you obviously have never been there in the Winter.

#29304 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

...you obviously have never been there in the Winter.

Riiiight

#29305 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And remember Colosond's "Patriot fan free NFL thread?"

Well we didn't need that either, because apparently there are no Patriots fans anymore.

yourteamhasnofans.com

Yes.

The only thing I thought was a little sad was that none of their fans could fill their stadium this year to watch them crash and burn. It just wasn't the same without them.

#29306 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

+1
That's how I feel about EVERY pinball show that is on top of playoffs from any sport -- so frickin' tone deaf.
Nerds!
-mof

Expo overlaps MLB playoffs, but it works out really well. We jam on some pinball, and get some late wings/beer. By the time that's all wrapped up, the old-timers are getting tired and the game room thins out a little.

It's a shame twin peaks is gone now.. not really my scene, but their smoked wings were really good, and the beer was appropriately sized.

#29307 3 years ago

Breaking: "NBC Sports Network to shut down by the end of the year"

What does this mean for NFL games?

#29308 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Nothing.

I think what you are thinking about is their wanna be ESPN cable channel which most people don't realize exists and soon won't. NBC - which will continue to exist - will continue to broadcast NFL games.

#29309 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ah shit. They had some hockey on there. It's tough enough as it is to follow hockey.

#29310 3 years ago

It was another channel to show NHL games...but nothing for FB. Unless someone watched an NFL show on there and none that I can think of.

#29311 3 years ago

Some of that stuff might end up on USA Network so don't despair hockey fans!

#29312 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ah shit. They had some hockey on there. It's tough enough as it is to follow hockey.

Hockey gets a raw deal..... I feel like it is the polar opposite experience of the NFL.

NFL- Great on TV, not so great in person.
Hockey- Not so great on TV, hands down, the greatest sport to watch in person.

I am speaking strictly from the experience of viewing the sport itself, and not all of the other stuff that makes up the experience.

Go to one hockey game, and then one NFL game, and then tell me who the tougher dudes are. Hockey players use ICE to break their fall....

#29313 3 years ago

I don't understand why the NHL doesn't have a deal to show at least a few of the home team's games in local broadcasts. Makes it very hard to build a fanbase.

#29314 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Hockey gets a raw deal..... I feel like it is the polar opposite experience of the NFL.
NFL- Great on TV, not so great in person.
Hockey- Not so great on TV, hands down, the greatest sport to watch in person.
I am speaking strictly from the experience of viewing the sport itself, and not all of the other stuff that makes up the experience.
Go to one hockey game, and then one NFL game, and then tell me who the tougher dudes are. Hockey players use ICE to break their fall....

I remember going to my first NFL game... what's everyone just standing around? Oh... commercials. I'm pretty choosey about the NFL games I attend. I'll save my pennies and go to a good matchup or a playoff game where the atmosphere just can't be replicated at home.

Hockey? I'd go to every game I could if WI had an NHL team. As it is I indiscriminately attend any Badger game I can. Now that the kids are older I want to get them in the stands of some of the lesser-attended women's games. WI has a fantastic team every year, and it's a lot easier to spot the strategy.

#29315 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't understand why the NHL doesn't have a deal to show at least a few of the home team's games in local broadcasts. Makes it very hard to build a fanbase.

I'm a Blues fan. I've had the NHL streaming service, but when they play MN or CHI I can't watch the game without getting around blackout rules. They need to figure that out... Now I just watch what I can on TV, and stream through other means when I want to watch a specific game.

#29316 3 years ago

Hockey? I'd go to every game I could if WI had an NHL team

I used to go to a lot of Milwaukee Admirals games. This led to a natural progression to casually cheering for the Nashville Predators. My brother lives in Nashville, so he would call me from Express games and ask me about Brewer minor leaguers, and I would call him from Admirals games and ask him about Predator minor leaguers. Kind of a cool cross pollination of teams.

#29317 3 years ago

Also, since this thread has split into multiple sports discussions.....
Can we all just get a unified voice together and agree that soccer is not something any of us watch for any reason at any time?

You with me on this one vicjw66?
https://pinside/pinball/forum/topics/soccer-is-fucking-awful

#29318 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Can we all just get a unified voice together and agree that soccer is not something any of us watch for any reason at any time?

SerpentinePerfumedBeardeddragon-small.gifSerpentinePerfumedBeardeddragon-small.gif
#29319 3 years ago

She looks like she is trying to count how much time is left in the match.... Good luck solving that mystery!

#29320 3 years ago

World Cup soccer was a great watch the last few summers for me. Won't miss another.
-mof

#29321 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

World Cup soccer was a great watch the last few summers for me. Won't miss another.
-mof

Man you guys are the worst! You got room in your Angerwagon for me vicjw66?

LOLOLOL

#29322 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man you guys are the worst! You got room in your Angerwagon for me vicjw66?
LOLOLOL

Every 4 years I watch soccer during the World Cup until the inevitable early exit of the USA team. Except for the last one which they couldn’t even bother to qualify for. Other than that, soccer is unwatchable. Hockey is great to watch in person whereas football is better on tv. The exception is playoff hockey. Playoff hockey is great on tv, and if you can get a game 7 ot game, nothing is better to watch. Unfortunately the Kings have sucked lately, and who knows if they ever make the playoffs again. But I digress.

Here’s a shocker, Mahomes just got out of concussion protocol. Sorry bills fans.
I think green bay is the best team right now, but I can see Brady being a calm and confident presence for Tampa, whereas something tells me that rodgers doesn’t command that same respect from his teammates. He usually does not play very well in these conference championships.

#29324 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And remember Colosond's "Patriot fan free NFL thread?" Well we didn't need that either, because apparently there are no Patriots fans anymore. yourteamhasnofans.com

That's a little unfair, I think those guys took a principled stand after Kraft's prostitution bust and stopped following the Patriots out of concern for the welfare of immigrant sex workers.

#29325 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's a little unfair, I think those guys took a principled stand after Kraft's prostitution bust and stopped following the Patriots out of concern for the welfare of immigrant sex workers.

Kraft got off twice in that deal.....

.... I will show myself out.

#29326 3 years ago

They had stupid mascots spinning around that had nothing to do with being Angels, it was pure rage. Worst team to lose it to.

#29327 3 years ago

Expo overlaps MLB playoffs, but it works out really well. We jam on some pinball, and get some late wings/beer. By the time that's all wrapped up, the old-timers are getting tired and the game room thins out a little.
It's a shame twin peaks is gone now.. not really my scene, but their smoked wings were really good, and the beer was appropriately sized.

Yeah, I was at the 2016 expo. Bought tickets to see game 1 NLCS Dodgers vs Cubs. Unfortunately they lost. Great atmosphere, really cool how wrigley is situated in the city with all the bars right across the street. Dodger stadium is on top of a hill all by itself, and they will kick you out if they catch you drinking anywhere outside of the stadium including inside your car.

#29328 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

out of concern for the welfare of immigrant sex workers

you are one noble jive turkey!

#29329 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Soccer being horrible is one of the things that unite us as NFL fans.

I enjoy the pinball machine though!

#29330 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

what's his record?

1-3, with his 1 win being his worst game played. I remember thinking, gawd how undeserving they were that year. They didn’t play all that well, and just sort of lucked into it. Reminds me of that year duke beat butler for the ncaa. duke had one of their weaker teams that year and just lucked into it as well. This year packers are really good, so I think they blow it.

#29333 3 years ago

hahahahahaha.... "concussion protocol"

What a joke.

#29334 3 years ago

Worked for this guy.

B712464C-F333-4042-9A87-1C28F0778EEA (resized).jpegB712464C-F333-4042-9A87-1C28F0778EEA (resized).jpeg
#29335 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

hahahahahaha.... "concussion protocol"
What a joke.

It’s a win for football. Well outside of buffalo that is.

#29336 3 years ago

It's upset special weekend!

Super Bowl will be Bucs / Bills!

Bills will finally win one

Victory for the Empire State!

#29337 3 years ago

Such a great movie. That one and Rollerball.

#29338 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's upset special weekend!
Super Bowl will be Bucs / Bills!
Bills will finally win one

They made weed legal in New York I see.

#29339 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I dunno man, the way the Chiefs came back in the last one down 10-20 against the niners -- gave me the feeling that nothing is stopping the repeat (other than bad luck -- injuries). They are just in another league.

-mof

#29340 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They made weed legal in New York I see.

Not yet. Which is a shame because we all know when weed isn't legal we don't smoke it.

#29341 3 years ago

That was obviously coming. He's not tough enough for Detroit anyway, couldn't bite a kneecap if he tried!

#29342 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Such a great movie. That one and Rollerball.

Yeah, rollerball was a good one.

22133154-3950-4763-9BAF-09FDE13FF933 (resized).jpeg22133154-3950-4763-9BAF-09FDE13FF933 (resized).jpeg
#29344 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s a win for football. Well outside of buffalo that is.

I'd rather Mahomes played. Otherwise there'd be excuses.

#29345 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, rollerball was a good one.[quoted image]

I watched 3 minutes of that on cable last night and it was too much.

The original is great. John Houseman really classes it up!

#29346 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That was obviously coming. He's not tough enough for Detroit anyway, couldn't bite a kneecap if he tried!

That interview made Adam gase interview look good. What a shitshow the organization is.

#29347 3 years ago

I think for my next manly-movie-binge-day I need to watch:

Rollerball, Deathrace-2000, and Slap Shot.

#29348 3 years ago

it's funny you should mention the Lions, I think it's high time for another quiz for the kids -- after all we still have two days to go before we "get there". Hold that thought...

#29349 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

it's funny you should mention the Lions, I think it's high time for another quiz for the kids -- after all we still have two days to go before we "get there". Hold that thought...

What are you talking about? I never mentioned that team, so no need for trivia.

#29350 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I'd rather Mahomes played. Otherwise there'd be excuses.

That’s a good attitude to have. It will help console you after the bills most assuredly lose. But if the bills somehow win, it most assuredly will be because of mahomes injured toe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 587 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/587 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.