5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 586 of 1,515.
#29251 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

yes

yes

yes, twice...

Emmett 3 times?

#29252 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Emmett 3 times?

YES (at place 98), I stopped counting at 68 places down since it started mixing in pre-super bowl era stats.

#29253 3 years ago

WR....Micheal Irwin

#29255 3 years ago

Irvin......creeper weed

#29256 3 years ago

The important question is what is the significance of 1545 and 1437 yards?

#29257 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

1545 and 1437 yards?

Just had to pick a stopping point on the top-100 lists to check for super bowl winners. I chose to stop where pre-super bowl era stats started showing up...

#29258 3 years ago

2nd guy is Victor Cruz...

So 2/68 = 1/34... Which means "historically speaking" no advantage whatsoever to winning the super bowl by having a super star receiver...

Superstar RB might be 3x more likely to win a super bowl than a super star WR...

-mof

#29259 3 years ago

So which RB goes off in the Conf Champ/Superbowl

#29260 3 years ago

Steve DeBerg should be mentioned among the top backups of all time. From my alma mater.

And I'm taking Brady and the points.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#29261 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Steve DeBerg should be mentioned among the top backups of all time. From my alma mater.
And I'm taking Brady and the points.
[quoted image]

I saw what must have been his last ever start for the Falcons at the Jets.

#29262 3 years ago

I sorta remember. 44 year old DeBerg no match against Vavavinny and the Jets. Curtis Martin too.

#29263 3 years ago

I feel like y’all are fuckin with me at this point.

#29264 3 years ago

Steve deberg was a rock star on the field

#29266 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

2nd guy is Victor Cruz...
So 2/68 = 1/34... Which means "historically speaking" no advantage whatsoever to winning the super bowl by having a super star receiver...
Superstar RB might be 3x more likely to win a super bowl than a super star WR...
-mof

On a semi-related tangent, I vaguely recall an article that broke down how few 1st round WRs ever win a superbowl. May have been with the team that drafted them, I forget.

I was trying to think of guys who have. Wayne, Harrison, and Michael Irvin came to mind.

You used to be able to look this stuff up on pro-football-reference pretty easily, but now it's a paid subscription service.

#29267 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Until this happened at age 44...

The most striking thing about this is how in depth and long the highlights were for this one single game (and all the others I suppose). Now they show like 5-6 plays for most games and call it a day.

#29268 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29269 3 years ago

Good! I wonder if spring sports will be full attendance but you have to show proof of vaccination? Probably too much of a shit-show to administer and they'll just keep on with the limited seating and social distancing until a critical mass has had their shots.

#29270 3 years ago

I honestly don't remember how much time DeBerg spent as a backup vs. a starter, but I do remember him filling in for an injured Marino and getting all bloodied and playing anyway.

Anyway, he's probably one of the most famous Hornets to ever come out of our community college.

#29271 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I honestly don't remember how much time DeBerg spent as a backup vs. a starter, but I do remember him filling in for an injured Marino and getting all bloodied and playing anyway.
Anyway, he's probably one of the most famous Hornets to ever come out of our community college.

Started a good number of games in Kansas City for sure.

#29272 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was trying to think of guys who have. Wayne, Harrison, and Michael Irvin came to mind.

Well Rice comes to my mind first
Plaxico & Holmes for Steelers...there's gotta be a lot of them.

Betcha every team that won the SB nit named Patriots had one.

#29273 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rice edit. I forgot all about Holmes

#29274 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny thing is, the year that Moss went off was the year they got beat by the Giants (pretty sure).

#29275 3 years ago

Holt or Bruce had to have when the Rams won, maybe both

#29276 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Funny thing is, the year that Moss went off was the year they got beat by the Giants (pretty sure).

Of course, Randy Moss has no SB ring, nor does Wes Welker

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Holt or Bruce had to have when the Rams won, maybe both

BOth for sure, but bruce wasnt a 1st rounder

#29277 3 years ago

Demaryius Thomas?

#29278 3 years ago

This is an easy quiz!

Tim Brown, 1st-round
hall of fame
zero Super Bowl wins

#29279 3 years ago

With the team that drafted them is good. I mean let me throw out some recent 1st round winners names.
Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd....
Much tougher to find teams without one at all like Eagles.

#29280 3 years ago

Andre Rison!

#29281 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

With the team that drafted them is good. I mean let me throw out some recent 1st round winners names.
Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd....
Much tougher to find teams without one at all like Eagles.

Pats Pats Pats Pats Pats Pats and Seahawks

#29282 3 years ago

I don't know what the current quiz even is -- but I answered 1st round to MAKE a super bowl, and not win it (ever)

#29283 3 years ago

Was a coach on a HS team here

Percy Harvin!

Pats Pats Pats Pats Pats Pats ...

They had one I listed the last win

#29284 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Percy Harvin!

Oo, forgot all about that guy.

#29285 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't know what the current quiz even is -- but I answered 1st round to MAKE a super bowl, and not win it (ever)

Oh, Larry Fitzgerald.

#29286 3 years ago

they were so FKing close... omg top-3 super bowl ever.

#29287 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

they were so FKing close... omg top-3 super bowl ever.

That was a great one, and I think every fan would have liked to see Fitz get a ring at some point in his career. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

#29288 3 years ago

7,500 vaccinated health care workers !!!

GENIUS MOVE on so many levels.

#29289 3 years ago

Man I had to watch that one in Whistler BC for someones wedding. Wild time...that Harrison play one the best ever.

#29290 3 years ago

You just triggered me, into remembering a very sad story. Thanks a lot.

In 2002, I went on a business trip to visit some customers up in Canada, landing in Toronto from SF (long ass flight!) We rented a car and took the scenic route as it was my first ever road trip through Canada. First stop Montreal. In a Montreal suburb, we stopped at what looked like a big sports bar with a big parking lot. There was a reason for wanting to stop there -- we were HUNGRY, but the timing was important. Barry Bonds was helping the Giants win a title, and I couldn't get the game on the car radio for some reason. We get inside, and I see room after room of people playing pool. Big Screens everywhere. I went from room to room to find my game on. Wait... WTF???

I begin flailing my arms and screaming obscenities, like, "GOD WILL DAMN THIS ESTABLISHMENT" "you are forsaking the WORLD Series, it's not called the USA Series for good reason!", etc... (ok, I'm embellishing I probably just imagined that part -- but -- as I think they were speaking mostly French in there, I *may* have at least been mumbling this crap...)

We got our drinks and food and every stupid big (they were very big) screen in the place was watching ****ing regular season HOCKEY during THE WORLD SERIES. I asked to speak to a manager, and I reminded him of his heathenous error. I think he did in fact turn one on for me in some remote corner that I could barely see from our table...

Boy that boils my blood just thinking about it. Blasphemerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!

Giants lost in 7. Totally bogus.
-mof

MORAL TO THE STORY
NEVER TRAVEL TO CANADA DURING THE PLAYOFFS (of any sport that isn't hockey!)
hahaha

#29291 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I had to watch that one in Whistler BC for someones wedding. Wild time...that Harrison play one the best ever.

It must have been annoying to have to convert meters to yards on the fly.

#29292 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I begin flailing my arms and screaming obscenities, like, "GOD WILL DAMN THIS ESTABLISHMENT" "you are forsaking the WORLD Series, it's not called the USA Series for good reason!", etc...

"You can't do that in here. We're gonna need you to yell that in French, too."

#29293 3 years ago

Antonio Brown ruled out.

who has FOUR all-time great seasons in the top-100. Guy was magic back in the day.

#29294 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Antonio Brown ruled out.
who has FOUR all-time great seasons in the top-100. Guy was magic back in the day.

He is still really good. A large part of Brady's consistent play these last 5 games is because of AB. They have worked REALLY well together. It is a big loss. On the flip side Vita Vea is back. That is huge for our defense. I think GB wants to run the ball, and had early success in TB running the ball, but Vita is a game changer. I am super excited for him to be back on the field.

#29295 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Barry Bonds was helping the Giants win a title

Interesting as I was at three of those games, and from what I remember, it was the Angels that won their only title that year. Helluva series though.

But, the Giants did win a NL pennant. Garlic fries for all!

#29296 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You just triggered me, into remembering a very sad story. Thanks a lot.
In 2002, I went on a business trip to visit some customers up in Canada, landing in Toronto from SF (long ass flight!) We rented a car and took the scenic route as it was my first ever road trip through Canada. First stop Montreal. In a Montreal suburb, we stopped at what looked like a big sports bar with a big parking lot. There was a reason for wanting to stop there -- we were HUNGRY, but the timing was important. Barry Bonds was helping the Giants win a title, and I couldn't get the game on the car radio for some reason. We get inside, and I see room after room of people playing pool. Big Screens everywhere. I went from room to room to find my game on. Wait... WTF???
I begin flailing my arms and screaming obscenities, like, "GOD WILL DAMN THIS ESTABLISHMENT" "you are forsaking the WORLD Series, it's not called the USA Series for good reason!", etc... (ok, I'm embellishing I probably just imagined that part -- but -- as I think they were speaking mostly French in there, I *may* have at least been mumbling this crap...)
We got our drinks and food and every stupid big (they were very big) screen in the place was watching ****ing regular season HOCKEY during THE WORLD SERIES. I asked to speak to a manager, and I reminded him of his heathenous error. I think he did in fact turn one on for me in some remote corner that I could barely see from our table...
Boy that boils my blood just thinking about it. Blasphemerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!
Giants lost in 7. Totally bogus.
-mof
MORAL TO THE STORY
NEVER TRAVEL TO CANADA DURING THE PLAYOFFS (of any sport that isn't hockey!)
hahaha

Funny story..reminds me of when I took a month vacation to work on my parents cabin in lake arrowhead, California in ‘04.
I took my buddy & my brother to the village after work for dinner/drinks & watch a bit of the Stanley cup game. Calgary flames were playing the Tampa bay lightning. To my surprise, not 1 tv was showing hockey, it was all Lakers playoff b ball. Being an hour outside the city of angels, I get it. But no hockey? It’s the fn Stanley cup! I politely ask the bartender if there’s a chance to watch the game on 1 of the tv’s. He found it, and we were able to watch it (on the smallest screen) there, but I was cool w it.
Oh, and go Chiefs!!!

#29297 3 years ago

Reminds me of when I visited the Seattle area. They were all pumped up on their Supersonics who made it to the finals. They were sure they could not lose

It wasn't just the bar, but it was like someone let the air out of the entire Pacific Northwest when The Bulls took game 6. Then they just went back to their usual complaining about the people and the world around them.

#29298 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/useless-and-lame-football-trivia-thread

Quoted from TheLaw:

Someone scheduled their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday? What a douche move. I wouldn’t have gone.

#29299 3 years ago

That thread looks really lonely. Plus, I have all the NFL trivia I could ever want right here!

#29300 3 years ago

That thread looks really lonely. Plus, I have all the NFL trivia I could ever want right here!

It's the fate of all alternative NFL threads.

I mean, we have all the trivia we want here. It's a thriving trivia depot.

And remember Colosond's "Patriot fan free NFL thread?"

Well we didn't need that either, because apparently there are no Patriots fans anymore.

yourteamhasnofans.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

There are 75,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 586 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/586 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.