spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 585 of 1,513.
#29201 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Well at least your team gets to watch the Bill’s go 0-5 from their comfortable couches...at home!

Hey, I tell ya what though, if the bills win the Super Bowl, I’ll buy you a 12 pack of keystone, or Pabst, or Budweiser, your choice and have it delivered to the local walmart parking lot out there where I assume you will be celebrating the victory.

#29202 3 years ago

Awfully chippy in here lately!

#29203 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

long time till Gameday!

#29204 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hey, I tell ya what though, if the bills win the Super Bowl, I’ll buy you a 12 pack of keystone, or Pabst, or Budweiser, your choice and have it delivered to the local walmart parking lot out there where I assume you will be celebrating the victory.

Now that’s the spirit!

#29205 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Now that’s the spirit!

I’ll even throw in a bottle of thunderbird or boones farm. You people still drink that right?

#29206 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’ll even throw in a bottle of thunderbird or boones farm. You people still drink that right?

DA53C98E-4BF5-4315-A2F4-CA3BA091540E.gifDA53C98E-4BF5-4315-A2F4-CA3BA091540E.gif
#29207 3 years ago

Just trying to inject a little entertainment into this place until Sunday. Someone’s gotta counteract the whole trivia debacle.

#29208 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow I guess you never got over the loss earlier this year maybe you should go for a nice walk around your neighborhood...just to cool off.

1CF6A61C-E20F-420C-B406-EC67C6D046B8.gif1CF6A61C-E20F-420C-B406-EC67C6D046B8.gif
#29209 3 years ago

Eat it, Packer D-Bag....

You know I love you beloved beard brother, even if you make terrible football life choices.

#29210 3 years ago

On a more positive note.... I purchased my first gun last week, and I am in love with it. Just in time for playoff football!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29211 3 years ago

I'll provide my thoughts on the BIG GAME!

The biggest worry is their front 7. If we can't handle their DL and their LBs are able to run free, then we'll have some trouble. That first matchup saw Bahktiari going out early. Instead of shuffling things around, we plugged Rick Wagner in at LT. We gave up something like 10+ hits and 20+ hurries. Our OL has been a strength since then, even against good fronts, and even without Bahktiari. Turner, who was a liability last year when he needed to step in at RT, has been holding his own at LT.

Aaron jones only managed 15 yards on 10 carries, and Rodgers threw 2ints and 0tds... I'll chalk these up as anomalies based on everything else I've seen out of this team over the course of the year. I don't expect we'll have the same protection issues that may have lead to those numbers (but of course we'll see).

I have eyes, so I know that Brady isn't the most talented QB I've seen, but he is the most capable of putting together critical drives. Because of that, there's no lead that will make me relax. An interior pass rush is something that would really help. Brady isn't mobile, but he's really well disciplined and doesn't slip back in the pocket and expose himself to edge rushers. I think you need to get some stunts from your OLBs or a persistent push from the interior to be able to really rattle him.

Our secondary has been fantastic lately. Savage has come into his own through the second half of the year, and Amos has been steady. If Jaire Alexander isn't the best CB in the league, he's the 2nd best. If we can get them to abandon the run and challenge our secondary, I think we have a good shot at forcing some turnovers.

And then there's our special teams... hopefully we don't need them. At all.

#29212 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:even if you make terrible football life choices.

I was born this way.

#29213 3 years ago

If we can get them to abandon the run and challenge our secondary, I think we have a good shot at forcing some turnovers.

Here's my side.....

If we run the ball with success, we have a very good chance of winning this game. This allows our defensive front to get the rest they need, and more importantly, keeps the Packers offense off the field. It also opens up the passing game for a few timely big shots. We have the receivers to take them, we have a QB that hits them only occasionally.

If said defensive front gets pressure, its going to be a long day for the Green and Gold.

Right now, those are two big IFs, just like they were last week at NO.

Brady doesn't need to be lights out for the Bucs to win, he just needs to be smart, get first downs, and have zero turnovers.....

#29214 3 years ago

I was born this way.

Me, as well. I was born in 1976 in Florida (the same year the Bucs came to be). Everyone was a Dolphins fan, but my parents friends thought it would be hilarious to buy me the ugly Buccaneers stuff as a baby.... 44 years later, I am still rocking it.... Jokes on them, the Dolphins haven't won shit since then.

#29215 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

On a more positive note.... I purchased my first gun last week, and I am in love with it. Just in time for playoff football![quoted image]

What the heck is that thing? A pastry extruder?

#29216 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Me, as well. I was born in 1976 in Florida (the same year the Bucs came to be). Everyone was a Dolphins fan, but my parents friends thought it would be hilarious to buy me the ugly Buccaneers stuff as a baby.... 44 years later, I am still rocking it.... Jokes on them, the Dolphins haven't won shit since then.

Ah, what the hell. This is what was blaring at Tampa stadium in the Doug Williams era. Missed Super Bowl 9-0 to the Rams who got crushed by the Steelers.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiNioCrw6vuAhWIuVkKHZc8CoIQ3ywwAHoECAIQAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNG3DlfHZAZA&usg=AOvVaw2IyZfzVQOP0EbgV1tJ6I26

#29217 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What the heck is that thing? A pastry extruder?

Jerky Gun... earlier this season we were showing off jerky on here.... Thought I would share the latest development in my jerky making arsenal.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Ah, what the hell. This is what was blaring at Tampa stadium in the Doug Williams era. Missed Super Bowl 9-0 to the Rams who got crushed by the Steelers.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiNioCrw6vuAhWIuVkKHZc8CoIQ3ywwAHoECAIQAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNG3DlfHZAZA&usg=AOvVaw2IyZfzVQOP0EbgV1tJ6I26

Man, that song makes the "Super Bowl Shuffle" seem like a Grammy Award nominee.

#29218 3 years ago

The way Buffalo handled the Ravens, I think they will do just fine against the Chiefs.

#29219 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

The way Buffalo handled the Ravens, I think they will do just fine against the Chiefs.

I think Buffalo is the hottest team of all of the remaining teams right now. Their balance of offense and defense is really strong right now too. That being said, the only way to be the man is to beat the man (KC). They are still champs until someone shows them otherwise.

#29220 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Gotta use a constant measuring stick.
6 seasons.

Your stick is broken... lol

In the 80s and 90s, the 3rd string QB was on the sidelines and could play if needed. Nowadays, they dont allow that unless you use a spot on the game day roster.

#29221 3 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

The replay showed the Bills defender, while on Mahomes' right side, grab Mahomes' left shoulder pad with his left hand. As the Bills player went past Mahomes, his arm got pulled up around Mahomes' helmet. After driving him to the ground, he could have let the pad go, but I guess you gotta make sure to take him down.

Browns.... not Bills...

#29222 3 years ago

Deleted duplicate

#29223 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man, that song makes the "Super Bowl Shuffle" seem like a Grammy Award nominee.

1985 Best R&B song, lost to Prince’s “Kiss”, now that was a major upset.

#29224 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Rams who got crushed by the Steelers

Ahem -- They most definitely did not get crushed, I saw the game on TV, it was a good game. Steelers made a comeback.

Half Time score: RAMS 13: Steelers: 10

#29225 3 years ago

Interesting fact: The Bills and Chiefs meet every 27 years in the AFL/AFC Championship

1/1/1967: Chiefs 31 - Bills 7
1/23/1994: Chiefs 13 - Bills 30
1/24/2021: The Tie Breaker

#29226 3 years ago

When was the last time a rookie QB led his team to the super bowl?

You realize that's not how the system works, right?

Oh snap is this his second season?

Third???

Oh Chiefs fans should be nervous then...

#29227 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Well let’s see now,
Baltimore outgained buffalo 340 to 220 in total yards, had more first downs, and dominated time of possession. If that one pass to the end zone was caught rather than intercepted its a 10-10 tie. Buffalo could not run the ball if their life depended on it. That game plan is not going to work against Kansas City if Mahomes plays.

They beat Baltimore because the best kicker in the history of the sport missed two field goals, and Lamar threw a bad pass.

Buffalo did not look good. Mahomes and the Chiefs however looked very good until he got hurt.

#29228 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well let’s see now,
Baltimore outgained buffalo 340 to 220 in total yards, had more first downs, and dominated time of possession. If that one pass to the end zone was caught rather than intercepted its a 10-10 tie. Buffalo could not run the ball if their life depended on it. That game plan is not going to work against Kansas City if Mahomes plays.
They beat Baltimore because the best kicker in the history of the sport missed two field goals, and Lamar threw a bad pass.
Buffalo did not look good. Mahomes and the Chiefs however looked very good until he got hurt.

I agree, I don't think Buffalo will be able to run. The QBs will just be trading blows. What makes that pretty fun is they both have some ball hawks in the secondary. I think the game will be wild.

#29229 3 years ago

Hoping that Mahomes, Sammy Watkins, and Clyde Edwards Helaire are all healthy and cleared for the afc championship. You wanna play with all your cards to get to the dance

#29230 3 years ago

I am just so glad that all this conversation about games and teams exist.

Back around last June I really did not think a 2020 NFL season would even happen.

The play off games have had more fans in the stands.

Anyone know how many fans will be allowed in the Super Bowl?

(not a trivia question, just curious).

#29231 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ahem -- They most definitely did not get crushed, I saw the game on TV, it was a good game. Steelers made a comeback.
Half Time score: RAMS 13: Steelers: 10

That was so long ago. Guess I only remember the second half.

#29232 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well let’s see now,

Buffalo didn't look good? What are you talking about? You make it sound like an interception returned for an NFL record 101 years is all luck... Jackson was under constant pressure and was contained to prevent him from running the ball. That rattled him big time and caused the interception (and the incomplete pass to a wide open tight end on the previous play). Yards and first downs and time of possession mean nothing - unless you think the Steelers should've won against the Browns too?

The wind was nasty which made it hard to throw and kick. And it was LOUD - the fans helped win that game and both teams said so.

No idea what will happen this week, but to say Buffalo looked bad and that Baltimore should've won seems like an odd observation.

#29233 3 years ago

Not me or Not I (trolls)

139662653_10158836169855659_1189152156721552495_o (resized).jpg139662653_10158836169855659_1189152156721552495_o (resized).jpg
#29234 3 years ago

RIP Ted Thompson. What a bummer. This one hurts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29236 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

awesome -- how do you paint snow?

Spray paint

#29237 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

awesome -- how do you paint snow?

Well yellow's easy.

#29238 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Buffalo didn't look good? What are you talking about? You make it sound like an interception returned for an NFL record 101 years is all luck... Jackson was under constant pressure and was contained to prevent him from running the ball. That rattled him big time and caused the interception (and the incomplete pass to a wide open tight end on the previous play). Yards and first downs and time of possession mean nothing - unless you think the Steelers should've won against the Browns too?
The wind was nasty which made it hard to throw and kick. And it was LOUD - the fans helped win that game and both teams said so.
No idea what will happen this week, but to say Buffalo looked bad and that Baltimore should've won seems like an odd observation.

Shocked you got so many upvotes. My take is the correct one and you are wrong. Buffalo did not look good overall. They did some things good, like containing Lamar. But, I don’t see them being able to stop Mahomes like that. And again, they only scored 10 offensive points and had to rely on two early missed field goals and a horrible throw by Lamar. He doesn’t try to force that throw if they hit those two early field goals. It was a perfect storm that helped them beat Baltimore.

#29239 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Shocked you got so many upvotes. My take is the correct one and you are wrong. Buffalo did not look good overall. They did some things good, like containing Lamar. But, I don’t see them being able to stop Mahomes like that. And again, they only scored 10 offensive points and had to rely on two early missed field goals and a horrible throw by Lamar. He doesn’t try to force that throw if they hit those two early field goals. It was a perfect storm that helped them beat Baltimore.

Buffalo's defense was excellent. The book is out on how to stop Baltimore's offense. It comes down to execution and having the right personnel, which Buffalo has.

The difficult thing for KC will be Mahomes' toe (foot?). If he can't be mobile that changes everything for them. He's the only player I've ever seen who feasts on backpedaling 15 yards then gunning the ball 30 yards down the field. It's as if the retreat was the actual design of the play. Honestly it's like a basketball player intentionally dribbling the ball backwards to near half court, then making successful 3's. Seen it countless times and it still stuns me every time. No real defense for that IMO.

#29240 3 years ago

I think he should be able to get a shot in that toe and be fine...if it is Turf Toe. But going forward that could be an issue...what a shitty injury

#29241 3 years ago

I think the best SB matchup is Kansas City and Green Bay. They are the two best teams. Sure, they could both lose, but their ceilings are higher.
I saw both bills games, and I wasn’t really impressed with their wins over the colts or ravens.

#29242 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Shocked you got so many upvotes. My take is the correct one and you are wrong. Buffalo did not look good overall.

Well ok then...

#29243 3 years ago

I was thinking what a bummer it is that we didn't get to see Derrick Henry with his 2,000+ take it farther... so I got to wonderin' !!!

Does having an all-time yardage leading RB or Receiver increase your odds to win a super bowl?

How many 1,545+ yard single season RBs have won a super bowl? (X out of 69)?

How many 1,437+ yard single season Receivers have won a super bowl? (X out of 68)?

#29244 3 years ago

Just thinking of recent high yard rushers... Peterson (no), martin (no), Holmes (no), johnson (no), Jamal Andersen (no), Portis (no), LT (no)

#29245 3 years ago

Terrell Davis

#29246 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I was thinking what a bummer it is that we didn't get to see Derrick Henry with his 2,000+ take it farther... so I got to wonderin' !!!
Does having an all-time yardage leading RB or Receiver increase your odds to win a super bowl?
How many 1,545+ yard single season RBs have won a super bowl? (X out of 69)?
How many 1,437+ yard single season Receivers have won a super bowl? (X out of 68)?

Walter Payton

#29247 3 years ago

Emmitt Smith

#29249 3 years ago

5th RB is tricky, imo -- it's last 10 years.

Corey Dillon. Which puts the RBs at 5/69. This is 1/12. MUCH better odds than 1/32

So there is no question that a star RB increases your chances to win a super bowl.

What about receivers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 585 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/585?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.