dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 1,514.
#29151 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would down vote this post but I’ve lost the ability momentarily. When I get it back I will. It’s perfectly classy to downvote what you disagree with. And I disagree with all this lame backup qb talk. Nothing wrong with my opinion.

There are a lot of things you can do. Then there are the things you should do.

Some people are cool and others like them and enjoy their company and discussion. Then there are others. I won't downvote you though man.

Go Chiefs!

#29152 3 years ago

The GREAT Jeff Rutledge was an LA Ram back in the day... if you can believe it. 9th round pick.

Imagine getting to learn from Pat Haden and Vince Ferragamo! (and have the great Vin Scully as the announcer)

Game 1 -- his 55-yd game-winning hail mary is DROPPED

If Gary Fencik doesn't strip that ball in the endzone -- perhaps his career takes off in a different vector right here. Fate's hand at play...

#29153 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There are a lot of things you can do. Then there are the things you should do.
Some people are cool and others like them and enjoy their company and discussion. Then there are others. I won't downvote you though man.
Go Chiefs!

You can downvote me. I’m not a snowflake. I can take it.

Quoted from mof:

The GREAT Jeff Rutledge was an LA Ram back in the day... if you can believe it.
Imagine getting to learn from Pat Haden and Vince Ferragamo!
Game 1 -- his 55-yd game-winning hail mary is DROPPED

I’ve noticed quite a few names listed on this subject were Rams players. Are the Rams the landing spot for backup QBs?
Dieter Brock is the best name of a backup and he played for la.
Damnit. Now I’m taking part in this nonsense. I knew this would happen. Is there anyway I can be placed in a coma until Sunday.

#29154 3 years ago

You know you're a backup when...

When you are drafted in 1979 on the Rams, but don't get a Topps card until 1985 on the Giants.

https://www.psacard.com/cardfacts/football-cards/1985-topps/jeff-rutledge-122/122618

#29155 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Bills will win or lose based on that decision.

I would of guessed it's if they score more points than kc or not

#29156 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are the Rams the landing spot for backup QBs?

Yes, yes they are ..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29157 3 years ago

Who wants to move on from their QB more, McVay or Gruden?

#29159 3 years ago

IF McDaniels gets the Eagles job....

#29160 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Who wants to move on from their QB more, McVay or Gruden?

I would say Gruden, only because he has QB ADD... He thinks he's a qb whisperer, but he really isn't. He hasn't evolved at all.

#29161 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

IF McDaniels gets the Eagles job....

Oh man I saw that...red hot offense there!

#29162 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man I saw that...red hot offense there!

To be fair, Cam hasn't been able to accurately throw a football his entire life.

But yeah, McDaniels will still be the same coach he was with the broncos.

#29163 3 years ago

The insane lure of the Patroits assistant coaches.

#29164 3 years ago

But they are like cute little leprechauns that could have gold hiding in their pockets! Quick, grab one !!!

#29165 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

But they are like cute little leprechauns that could have gold hiding in their pockets! Quick, grab one !!!

Screenshot_20210120-010312~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210120-010312~2 (resized).png
#29166 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I would of guessed it's if they score more points than kc or not

I would “of” expected nothing less than this response from a wannabe chiefs fan from canda.

#29167 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yes, yes they are .. [quoted image]

Toosh.

#29169 3 years ago

I nominate Gale Gilbert. In the league for 11 years. Only player in NFL history to go to 5 straight Superbowls. Started only 4 games and had 1544 yards in his career. And has a son who is continuing his legacy as a backup in Dallas.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GilbGa00.htm

#29170 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I nominate Gale Gilbert. In the league for 11 years. Only player in NFL history to go to 5 straight Superbowls. Started only 4 games and had 1544 yards in his career. And has a son who is continuing his legacy as a backup in Dallas.

Quoted from Fezmid:

Geez, are we still on this backup qb nonsense? I said tooshay. Let’s move on.

#29171 3 years ago

Ooh. Just saw a replay of the Mahomes hit. It’s much worse than I first thought. Defender basically put him in a head lock and then drove his forehead into the ground. That was no accident. It was incredibly dirty. Vontaze Burfict dirty. Worse than that, Bill Romanowski dirty. The bills shouldn’t be rewarded for the browns dirty play. Move the game back a week if need be. besides, Green Bay would destroy the bills. We really need Gb vs Chiefs.

#29172 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I mean tooshay.

Touche

#29173 3 years ago

The Bills will beat both the Chiefs, with or without Mahomes, then dominate GB with their bend but don't break defense in the SB.!! Positive thinking right lol Go Bills!!!!

#29174 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Geez, are we still on this backup qb nonsense? I said tooshay. Let’s move on.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the moderator of the thread. If you could provide me a list of acceptable topics to post about, I'd really appreciate it!

#29175 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

FRANK REICH
10 year backup to HOFer Jim Kelly
Lead NCAA Greatest Comeback in History - 1984 Maryland vs Miami (31 points)
Lead NFL Greatest Comeback in History - 1993 Bills vs Oilers (32 points)
Played in 4 Superbowls
Won Superbowl as a coach (Eagles OC)
Every time Kelly was injured, Reich stepped in & the team never missed a beat, including big late season & huge playoff wins. #1 in my book....for the Comeback records alone. Although I don't think the college one stands anymore.
Oh and GO BILLS this weekend!!!

I’m glad Frank is our HC.

#29176 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Rivers just retired! Big changes coming? Or backup QB starting (thus removing him from any consideration of mof 's contest)

#29177 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It's funny in hindsight that McDaniel flaked so they settled with Reich. Makes you wonder how much of that Eagles passing game was Reich and not so much Peterson since it went to hell the moment he left.

#29178 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Rivers just retired! Big changes coming? Or backup QB starting (thus removing him from any consideration of mof 's contest)

Dak to Indy!

#29179 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would “of” expected nothing less than this response from a wannabe chiefs fan from canda.

I'm a cowboys fan from Canada. get it right!

#29180 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

He was a pretty good qb for years, stats will show that. I’ll miss his crying/pouting..

5F83367B-3B4A-4DEB-B5F3-62AF02A8A405 (resized).png5F83367B-3B4A-4DEB-B5F3-62AF02A8A405 (resized).png
#29181 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Dak to Indy!

I think you have Dak now going to 13 different teams.

#29182 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think you have Dak now going to 13 different teams.

I'll be right at some point and look like quite the prognosticator!

#29183 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ooh. Just saw a replay of the Mahomes hit. It’s much worse than I first thought. Defender basically put him in a head lock and then drove his forehead into the ground. That was no accident. It was incredibly dirty. Vontaze Burfict dirty. Worse than that, Bill Romanowski dirty. The bills shouldn’t be rewarded for the browns dirty play. Move the game back a week if need be. besides, Green Bay would destroy the bills. We really need Gb vs Chiefs.

Move the game due to injury? You've got to be kidding. It's all part of the game.

#29184 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The insane lure of the Patroits assistant coaches.

Just when the Texans get rid of the cancer O'Brien they bring in another Pats castoff Caserio.And the franchise QB wants out.

#29185 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ooh. Just saw a replay of the Mahomes hit. It’s much worse than I first thought. Defender basically put him in a head lock and then drove his forehead into the ground. That was no accident. It was incredibly dirty. Vontaze Burfict dirty. Worse than that, Bill Romanowski dirty.

You may need to schedule an appointment with the eye doctor if you truly believe this.

#29186 3 years ago

Six seasons bro.

That's ... 40% a Don Strock

#29187 3 years ago

Sorry didn't catch the name of the dude you proposed.

#29188 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Six seasons bro.
That's ... 40% a Don Strock

11 seasons - PFR only lists seasons where the player was on the game day roster, but he was in the league from 1985-1995.

#29189 3 years ago

How did I miss this conversation?

Earl Morrall. He wasn't always a backup though. But he has two rings as one. Including starting most of the games replacing an injured Bob Griese in the perfect season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Morrall

#29190 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You may need to schedule an appointment with the eye doctor if you truly believe this.

Hey, I didn’t see it the first 3 or 4 times watching. But the dude quite simply pulled a Jake the Snake Roberts on Mahomes.

Quoted from yaksplat:

Move the game due to injury? You've got to be kidding. It's all part of the game.

That’s old thinking. We’re in the COVID age, where everything is fluid. How many games were moved because of COVID? We had games on Tuesday and Wednesday for Christ sake, and it was glorious. You got an extra week between now and Super Bowl. Why must we be so rigid? We all want to see Mahomes play. Why punish everybody with a crappy matchup when we can pivot with relative ease?

#29191 3 years ago

Lions sign dan campbell to 6 year deal as head coach. lions being lions.

#29192 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe it’s time for him to treat himself to a bigger TV

#29193 3 years ago

Gotta use a constant measuring stick.

6 seasons.

#29194 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hey, I didn’t see it the first 3 or 4 times watching. But the dude quite simply pulled a Jake the Snake Roberts on Mahomes.

That’s old thinking. We’re in the COVID age, where everything is fluid. How many games were moved because of COVID? We had games on Tuesday and Wednesday for Christ sake, and it was glorious. You got an extra week between now and Super Bowl. Why must we be so rigid? We all want to see Mahomes play. Why punish everybody with a crappy matchup when we can pivot with relative ease?

If I was a Chief’s fan I’d be more worried or interested in his bad foot...not his concussion.

#29195 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Earl Morrall

He was a season starter SIX times -- not a lifetime backup. He doesn't even rate in this challenge.

This challenge is:

1. career length (number of seasons active on roster) not this taxi squad stuff.
2. lack of starting seasons as a first string (unless due to injury)

Earl Morrall was one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, period.

-mof

#29196 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Maybe it’s time for him to treat himself to a bigger TV

It’s 65 inch. It’s adequate. Wait, so a bills fan is questioning a chiefs injury? Shocker. Your team is going to lose if Mahomes plays, and if he doesn’t, your team will most assuredly lose in the Super Bowl. 0-5 buddy. Oh and five.

#29197 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s 65 inch. It’s adequate. Wait, so a bills fan is questioning a chiefs injury? Shocker. Your team is going to lose if Mahomes plays, and if he doesn’t, your team will most assuredly lose in the Super Bowl. 0-5 buddy. Oh and five.

Well at least your team gets to watch the Bill’s go 0-5 from their comfortable couches...at home!

#29198 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The replay showed the Browns defender, while on Mahomes' right side, grab Mahomes' left shoulder pad with his left hand. As the Browns player went past Mahomes, his arm got pulled up around Mahomes' helmet. After driving him to the ground, he could have let the pad go, but I guess you gotta make sure to take him down.

#29199 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Well at least your team gets to watch the Bill’s go 0-5 from their comfortable couches...at home!

They are your team too. Albeit, that the 909 where you live is more akin to buffallo.

#29200 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They are your team too. Albeit, that the 909 where you live is more akin to buffallo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

There are 75,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/584?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.