24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 1,513.
#29001 3 years ago

GB vs Bills SB with the Bills winning!

#29002 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Snow showers and a high in the low 20s. Packers going to the Super Bowl...

Good point , Brady is notorious for playing bad in the snow and cold

#29003 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:One more game between the Bills and a SB ring!!!!

Two actually but who’s counting

#29004 3 years ago

Well, we sucked. No sour grapes here, we just got outplayed. Kinda sad when the best play for the Saints was by Jameis Winston. Well, I'll be pulling for the Packers. I don't think the Bucs are in the same category as them.

#29005 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Good point , Brady is notorious for playing bad in the snow and cold

And the rest of the team? It snows in Tennessee, but you wouldn’t think so after watching the Titans play at Lambo.

#29006 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Two actually but who’s counting

No 1 game beat the Chiefs GB will be a cake walk!

#29007 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No 1 game beat the Chiefs GB will be a cake walk!

Or... Bills vs Bucs, and the Bills exorcise their demons by beating Brady for the title, and ending his career. Itd be a movie script ending.

#29008 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pittsburg lost last week though.

Pittsburgh looks like saints compared to the...umm....the Saints.

#29009 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Always a good game when the dirtiest team in the league gets eliminated.

The Patriots were already eliminated.

#29010 3 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#29011 3 years ago

Holy shit... Running the ball, taking shots downfield, and getting defensive pressure, it's almost like they figured out what they needed to do to win.

Finally, they put together a complete game.

#29012 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Or... Bills vs Bucs, and the Bills exorcise their demons by beating Brady for the title, and ending his career. Itd be a movie script ending.

Why does part of your celebration in that scenario come from Brady's retirement-in-defeat? If your Bills win, great, but why dance on Brady's grave, as it were? That's small, bro'.
Besides, Gronk has said he wants to play next season, and I bet he wouldn't say that if he didn't know Brady will be back, too.

#29013 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Why does part of your celebration in that scenario come from Brady's retirement-in-defeat? If your Bills win, great, but why dance on Brady's grave, as it were? That's small, bro'.
Besides, Gronk has said he wants to play next season, and I bet he wouldn't say that if he didn't know Brady will be back, too.

Umm, because in a Hollywood ending, the movies arent over until the bad guy is gone forever.

I suppose Buffalo beating the Bucs this year and next year in the sequel would be fine too.

#29014 3 years ago

Brees was old for sure, no Hill was another back breaker, and throw on Thomas shouldn't have even been out there.

#29015 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Umm, because in a Hollywood ending, the movies arent over until the bad guy is gone forever.
I suppose Buffalo beating the Bucs this year and next year in the sequel would be fine too.

Unfortunately, you and the bills are not in a Hollywood ending. Take it from Hollywood Vic, bills are done. It’s going to be Chiefs and Bucs with the Chiefs winning the super bowl.

#29016 3 years ago

I am absolutely rooting for the Bills and the Bucs. I really wanted to see Brees get another ring, but that didn't happen. Oh, well...

#29017 3 years ago

As long as Tom Brady and the Packers don't end up in the Superbowl, I'm good. Tired of the same ol' shit.

#29018 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

As long as Tom Brady and the Packers don't end up in the Superbowl, I'm good. Tired of the same ol' shit.

I've got bad news for you..

#29019 3 years ago

I don't know how I missed this play:

#29020 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Take it from Hollywood Vic, bills are done. It’s going to be Chiefs and Bucs with the Chiefs winning the super bowl.

I didn't think the Chiefs were going to beat the Bills with Mahomes and if he's out with a concussion then it becomes an even longer shot they win. Bills defense looks great and the Chiefs have not quite looked like last years team with most of their wins being very close, they just squeaked by the Browns for a 4 point victory.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Brees was old for sure, no Hill was another back breaker, and throw on Thomas shouldn't have even been out there.

Bree's did look old but he's had a fabulous career, felt sorry for him just before the end of the game and right after he was crying over that loss. Can't blame him for wanting to go out on top so badly.

#29021 3 years ago

4 turnovers will get you a one way ticket to loserville.

#29022 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If I had to make a prediction I would say Tom Brady or the Packers will indeed make it to the Superbowl, but both making it there would be highly unlikely.

#29023 3 years ago

Well, looks like I went 2-2 this weekend. Patrick getting hurt didn't help and I didn't realize Hill was out, both of which could have changed the outcomes. Regardless, was a good weekend of football.

#29024 3 years ago

Hey did you guys see Andy Reid after the game?

IMG_4538 (resized).jpgIMG_4538 (resized).jpg
#29025 3 years ago

Most likely KC vs. GB in the Super Bowl. If Mahomes is still out, which I doubt, then it could be Bills vs. GB.

#29026 3 years ago

I generally like Tony Romo, but all of this talk of him being a football Nostradamus cracks me up. I hope there is audio recorded somewhere of his prophecy last night before that pass that locked up the game.

"There isn't going to be a play here, you can tell by their body language that there is no play." As he was finishing that sentence, the pass play was being executed to finish off the Browns..... LOLOL

#29027 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't know how I missed this play:

He definitely embellished, but it was also definitely a late hit. You can't touch the QB that late, everyone knows the rule.

#29028 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If Mahomes is still out

I'd be surprised if Mahomes knows where he is yet. He was on a different planet with much higher gravity for a while there.

Average concussion protocol in the NFL is 19 days, but i'm sure Roger Goodell will walk Mahomes out on to the field himself.

#29029 3 years ago

It’s an interesting test in how seriously they take this.

Mahomes doesn’t look like he should be on a football field anytime soon to me.

#29030 3 years ago

He shouldn't play but he will.The protocol will use the "Patrick price" Between the concussion and the turf toe it could be dicey.

#29031 3 years ago

It didnt look like a "that's a concussion" hit to me. I heard he got tackled by his neck and got pinched in a way that basically put him out (like an mma chokehold).
Is that better? I don't know. But it doesnt sound like he got a severe concussion.

#29032 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It didnt look like a "that's a concussion" hit to me. I heard he got tackled by his neck and got pinched in a way that basically put him out (like an mma chokehold).
Is that better? I don't know. But it doesnt sound like he got a severe concussion.

Yeah I thought I heard Reid say he passed all the tests and that Mahomes even said he was just choked out? But I was getting ready for work this morning when I heard it on nfl network and might not have heard exactly right.

But I'm hoping he'll be good to go so there's a chance for Chiefs/Packers SB still. I lived up there for 6 years as a kid so the Packers are my 2nd team after the Chiefs. Plus it'd be a really fun game to watch with those two QB's

#29033 3 years ago

Concussions are instantaneous.His head hit hard.Most of us have probably had one.Not sure how you get choked out in a few seconds.He wants to play.And the Chiefs aren't winning without him.

#29034 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Concussions are instantaneous.His head hit hard.Most of us have probably had one.Not sure how you get choked out in a few seconds.He wants to play.And the Chiefs aren't winning without him.

Well I can tell you from experience that a proper sleeper hold is almost instant. He very well could have got a concussion I was just saying what I heard. But I do know Reid wouldn't care if it was the superbowl even, if he doesn't get cleared, he won't play. Even then sometimes Reid will hold them out

#29035 3 years ago

I like all the teams left so just looking for great plays. Only 3 games til the long drought.

#29036 3 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Well I can tell you from experience that a proper sleeper hold is almost instant. t

I'm no expert but if it was a "sleeper hold" he'd be asleep, no? Instead of teetering around on jelly legs like he got clocked by Mike Tyson in 1986 while his eyeballs swim around independently?

Cause it was the latter, and it sure looked like a concussion!

#29037 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm no expert but if it was a "sleeper hold" he'd be asleep, no? Instead of teetering around on jelly legs like he got clocked by Mike Tyson in 1986 while his eyeballs swim around independently?
Cause it was the latter, and it sure looked like a concussion!

You may be right man! But here's to hoping you're not

I'm no doctor for sure but I can tell you I am bias and think he's just fine!

#29038 3 years ago

And I will add that when we would "practice" sleepers you do get disoriented and can be out for as little as a split second and not exactly know wtf just happened, lol....but I'm still just trying to convince myself that he'll play... because he has to....or we're screwed!

#29039 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I watched my sister-in-law's mma dbag boyfriend attack some poor unsuspecting bastard holding her hand at her twin sisters wedding. Just snuck up behind him like a real tough guy, slip, and bam, guy was out and dropped. He fell and hit his head on concrete, and got a subsequent concussion from that.

And congratulations are in order, they're now engaged!!

I really dont know what's up with mahomes, but I'll leave it to the medical experts. I dont believe the idea that there are independent medical professionals that would clear him just because he's the QB of a football team. That's not really how that gig works.

#29040 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I heard he got tackled by his neck and got pinched in a way that basically put him out (like an mma chokehold).

Ha I heard Jay Glazier say that garbage and almost with a straight face.
Anyway, 7 days is the norm for to come back from a concussion so he should be on track either way

#29041 3 years ago

Lol!!!!

Screenshot_20210118-231825~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210118-231825~3 (resized).png
#29042 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210117-181303~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210117-181303~2 (resized).png
#29043 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I heard Jay Glazier say that garbage and almost with a straight face.
Anyway, 7 days is the norm for to come back from a concussion so he should be on track either way

Andy Reid also said basically the same thing after the game.

#29044 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Andy Reid also said basically the same thing after the game.

Andy Reid said it so that others would say it. Reporters have no inside information about injuries (and even less during COVID). There's no way it was a neck pinch - otherwise, why didn't they bring Mahomes back in the 4th? - but the league will want him to play. Probably not best for his own health, but what can you do.

#29045 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Andy Reid said it so that others would say it. Reporters have no inside information about injuries (and even less during COVID). There's no way it was a neck pinch - otherwise, why didn't they bring Mahomes back in the 4th? - but the league will want him to play. Probably not best for his own health, but what can you do.

Ok Doctor Fezmid I will take your expert opinion on it. If Coach is anything, it is not dishonest.

#29046 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok Doctor Fezmid I will take your expert opinion on it. If Coach is anything, it is not dishonest.

Be honest - if you weren't a Chiefs fan, and you saw what everyone saw on Sunday, would you say pinched nerve or concussion?

EDIT: And if it was only a pinched nerve, why is he still in concussion protocol?
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30736432/patrick-mahomes-nfl-concussion-protocol-needs-happen-chiefs-star-play-bills

EDIT2: I guess that's not uncommon afterall, based on this: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article248592450.html

#29047 3 years ago

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is such strong feelings over it from folks. You do you man. I will wait and see what happens.

#29048 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is such strong feelings over it from folks. You do you man. I will wait and see what happens.

It really is up to people much smarter than us. Still fun to speculate, and I agree with the chock hold theory. Levi mentioned the wobbly legs, which is completely valid, but maybe you are wobbly after getting chocked out? Just a super odd situation because he didnt even hit his head, at least it didnt look like it on my tv.

Who knows, but really hope he plays (assuming he wont cause future harm to himself obviously).

#29049 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If Coach is anything, it is not dishonest.

NFL coach dishonest?!?

#29050 3 years ago

Money will make the call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/581 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.