nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 573 of 1,507.
#28601 3 years ago

Not concerning at all, just going to be more fun. Those aren't team celebrations, close though. I bet some attitudes will change with less pay, especially if they have to play an extra game next year.

#28602 3 years ago

I've been out of the football loop this season...
Is Doug William's still the Washington Quarterback??
Go Washington! Sis boom bah.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#28603 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If I were anyone other than Jacksonville with the first pick, I would seriously consider taking that receiver from Alabama. He is incredibl....

I dont know how, much you can bulk him up?
25lbs lighter than Cooper Cup! I kept waiting for his little legs to snap in half, luckily it was just his finger.

#28604 3 years ago

Damn fell asleep at half time but I see nothing changed OSU was just outclassed by Alabama period.

#28605 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Plus the band Every Time I Die is from Buffalo

I've known them personally for 30+ years. Can't stand them.

#28606 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn fell asleep at half time but I see nothing changed OSU was just outclassed by Alabama period.

Maybe they should just give the natty to whoever wins the SEC west.

#28607 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Maybe they should just give the natty to whoever wins the SEC west.

If it wasn't for Clemson they would.
EDIT: Although lets see how they do without Lawrence.

#28608 3 years ago

Now that we have the tweens interested in football, maybe we should get the old timers back in this weekend with a simulcast on MeTV. Maybe throw in some of the sound fx from Madden 94 so they get the illusion they're watching old school hard nosed football.

#28609 3 years ago

"Pow, where'd that truck come from."

#28610 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont know how, much you can bulk him up?
25lbs lighter than Cooper Cup! I kept waiting for his little legs to snap in half, luckily it was just his finger.

Size is certainly a concern. He looks like he’s 15 years old and is still growing so I would expect him to put on some weight over the next few years. Alabama wide receivers do well in the NFL, not like their qbs.

#28611 3 years ago

It was a welcome surprise to wake up and see the 13-0 Alabama beat 7-1 Ohio State. I thought the fresher team would win that game.

#28612 3 years ago

Seahawks locked down the best GM in football through the 27 draft.

#28613 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Seahawks locked down the best GM...

Or 10th according to the Sporting News.
7th - nfl.com
8th - yahoo
8th - the score.com

#28614 3 years ago

Oh hey, I didn't know there's a "good story index"... sounds like Cleveland is the "best story" to win the SB
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoffs-which-fan-base-most-deserves-to-win-a-super-bowl

#28615 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Oh hey, I didn't know there's a "good story index"... sounds like Cleveland is the "best story" to win the SB
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoffs-which-fan-base-most-deserves-to-win-a-super-bowl

Remember when Whysnow was running around here moronically claiming that the NFL season is scripted like wrestling?

I guess we'll find out if he was right!

#28616 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or 10th according to the Sporting News.
7th - nfl.com
8th - yahoo
8th - the score.com

I checked sporting news. Lynch as #1? I think the deal to bring in jimmyg should knock him back at least a few places. Veach is #2, but as far as I know most of those big pieces were brought in under John Dorsey.

I'd personally take Schneider over anyone, at least until those other guys provide a larger sample at the same rate of success.

#28617 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember when Whysnow was running around here moronically claiming that the NFL season is scripted like wrestling?
I guess we'll find out if he was right!

All the evidence is right there in front of you, stop being a sheep and follow the bread trail!!

The best team in the league also just happened to win the SB last year. Coincidence..? Yeah, right!

#28618 3 years ago

The best team in the league also just happened to win the SB last year. Coincidence..?

That's what THEY want you to think.

Imagine going through life thinking those Buffalo Wild Wing ads where they extend the game to improve boneless wing sales are a documentary.

#28619 3 years ago

I checked sporting news....

Yeah I think those are all from the beginning of a season anyway, how much diff'rence a few months can make.

#28620 3 years ago

I checked sporting news. Lynch as #1? I think the deal to bring in jimmyg should knock him back at least a few places. Veach is #2, but as far as I know most of those big pieces were brought in under John Dorsey.
I'd personally take Schneider over anyone, at least until those other guys provide a larger sample at the same rate of success.

Veach gets a ton of credit in KC for Mahomes. He was the guy that was all in on him. Talked to him and his agent a ton. There are a few good articles out there. Obviously he wasn't the guy with final trigger pull authority, but he likely convinced coach and Dorsey. He has also managed to re-sign all our stars to pretty nice team friendly deals recently. We had multiple covid opt outs that he managed to navigate. He rebuilt our defense rather quickly as well. Not too worried about him and how he ranks, but very happy with the job he is doing so far.

#28621 3 years ago

Are you saying you are happy with the "product" they are "putting on the field."

A part of me dies inside, every time marketing people use that term like that.

The only product you F***ing put on the field is white paint for the yard markers.

Get off my lawn!

-mof

#28622 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Are you saying you are happy with the "product" they are "putting on the field."
A part of me dies inside, every time marketing people use that term like that.
The only product you F***ing put on the field is white paint for the yard markers.
Get off my lawn!
-mof

Are you talking to me or someone else?

#28623 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's what THEY want you to think.
Imagine going through life thinking those Buffalo Wild Wing ads where they extend the game to improve boneless wing sales are a documentary.

Got me thinking about them wings.

#28624 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Got me thinking about them wings.

Got me thinking about this...

#28625 3 years ago

He's right. Boneless "wings" bring shame on us all.

Bone-in or GTFO.

#28626 3 years ago

Boneless wings are fine.
They are called chicken nuggets and my daughter loves them.

#28627 3 years ago

Yeah boneless are just Buffalo chicken nuggets.

#28629 3 years ago

That's like a damn rib sandwich. Literally impossible!

#28630 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's like a damn rib sandwich. Literally impossible!

Not when you put a Mc in front of it as in McRib sandwich

#28631 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bone-in or GTFO.

DAMN RIGHT!

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah boneless are just Buffalo chicken nuggets.

I 100% agree!

Real wings have BONES!

Anything else is just nuggets and who knows what else may be mixed in for filler. (I don't 100% trust food companies anymore).

And back to the NFL, I hope the Broncos can have a awesome draft!

In the meantime I am looking forward to the next round of playoffs.

I enjoy watching a lot of the teams that are still in it, only a few teams left in it I do not like, and I hope the Bills can finally win a SB, and Jim Kelly be able to enjoy also.

I always enjoyed watching Jim Kelly play back in the day.

And later on I became best friends with Larry up in Buffalo, he has had season tickets forever, and he is pretty old now, so I hope the Bills can win it all, and my best friend to be able to have a awesome moment as he is getting very old now.

And Larry was never much into alcohol, I can just see him every week at the tailgate parties messing with people and talking them into doing stupid stuff after they had a few too many.

I wish I could talk Larry into joining us here, he is very entertaining.

And as far as wings, if there is not any bones, I have no clue what it may actually be, and I stay away from it myself.

#28632 3 years ago

Lol , I hate the NBA so much.

Handful of allstar teams and literally no one else has a chance.

9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg
#28633 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Handful of allstar teams and literally no one else has a chance. [quoted image]

Is that a thing that happened? I barely pay attention to the NBA for pretty much the reason you've noted.

#28634 3 years ago

Please no NBA shit in here...dreadful sport

#28635 3 years ago

I've not been keeping up with the thread, so I'm sure this has been addressed. I watched all 6 playoff games last week, and the one thing that drove me crazy was the fake crowd noise in the games w/o live crowds. I find it to be incredibly annoying due to its generic "white noise" sound, the lack of proper timely response to play on the field, and just overall lack of variable volume and intensity. Personally, I'd rather watch the games without it. Baseball was the worst with this, almost unwatchable, and I can't speak to the NBA as I've pretty much been turned off by all of in-your-face activism. I've not tuned into hockey yet, so interested to see what they are doing in empty arenas.

As far as the games go, some of my teams won and some lost. The CLE-PIT game was pretty epic and fun to watch. I'm far from a Pittsburgh fan, so their implosion from the first snap was pretty funny to me. I do root for Cleveland (primarily because of Baker - I'm a huge OU fan), but I'm also happy for one of the storied franchises to have relevancy again.

Looks like it's going to be another good weekend. Some teams will get to see how they actually measure against the best, and the Brady-Breeze matchup intrigues me.

I'll take the following:

Green Bay -6.5
Buffalo -2.5
Chiefs -10
Saints -3

#28636 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please no NBA shit in here...dreadful sport

You are correct , my sincere apologies.

#28637 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've not been keeping up with the thread, so I'm sure this has been addressed. I watched all 6 playoff games last week, and the one thing that drove me crazy was the fake crowd noise in the games w/o live crowds. I find it to be incredibly annoying due to its generic "white noise" sound, the lack of proper timely response to play on the field, and just overall lack of variable volume and intensity. Personally, I'd rather watch the games without it. Baseball was the worst with this, almost unwatchable, and I can't speak to the NBA as I've pretty much been turned off by all of in-your-face activism. I've not tuned into hockey yet, so interested to see what they are doing in empty arenas.
As far as the games go, some of my teams won and some lost. The CLE-PIT game was pretty epic and fun to watch. I'm far from a Pittsburgh fan, so their implosion from the first snap was pretty funny to me. I do root for Cleveland (primarily because of Baker - I'm a huge OU fan), but I'm also happy for one of the storied franchises to have relevancy again.
Looks like it's going to be another good weekend. Some teams will get to see how they actually measure against the best, and the Brady-Breeze matchup intrigues me.
I'll take the following:
Green Bay -6.5
Buffalo -2.5
Chiefs -10
Saints -3

Maybe it's my inebriated state, but I think the crowd noise is really well timed in most cases. I thought it would feel weird, but it really hasn't for me.

GB will have 6k fans in attendance this weekend. Hopefully that and the chilly weather is enough to make Goff do Goff things.

#28638 3 years ago

Maybe it's my inebriated state, but I think the crowd noise is really well timed in most cases. I thought it would feel weird, but it really hasn't for me.
GB will have 6k fans in attendance this weekend. Hopefully that and the chilly weather is enough to make Goff do Goff things.

I’m wondering how those thumb pins are gonna feel in the cold.

#28639 3 years ago

Agree completely.

#28640 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I’m wondering how those thumb pins are gonna feel in the cold.

And Donald's rib muscles. Sucking wind at those temps certainly wont feel good.

I think Goff is freaked out about the cold. He was seen at practice today wearing gloves.

#28641 3 years ago

He was seen at practice today wearing gloves.

You know what's colder than fingers? Fingers with metal plates and screws in them!

#28642 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Handful of allstar teams and literally no one else has a chance. [quoted image]

This would be one of the no chance teams

#28643 3 years ago

Is that a thing that happened? I barely pay attention to the NBA for pretty much the reason you've noted.

Me either. The nba has lost all its' luster.

#28644 3 years ago

It is obviously canned and fake sound (like audio "CGI"). I'm sure it the sounds were originally recorded crowd sounds then heavily digitally modified, but it's just not organic sounding to me. There's also the discontinuity when the camera shows a partial/full shot of the completely empty stands as part of the coverage, yet you still hear crowd sounds like the stadium is packed.

I get it that complete silence probably sucks for both players and television, but I would prefer additional/enhanced sounds from the actual event on the field. One idea would be to bring in more directional mics and/or player mics to bring the viewer more into the action.

Also, I don't mind at all being downvoted, but it would be interesting to know what the objections were to the original post and/or the dissenting views of those that did so.

#28645 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Me either. The nba has lost all its' luster.

That, and pretty much the one team I did follow from our area (Mavericks, of course) I've abandoned mostly because of how turned off I am by their increasingly self-absorbed bloviating know-it-all owner.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#28646 3 years ago

Meh as I've been bitching Noot this for years, rhey have totally changed and fake the game audio for years. I always said go in the kitchen and grab a beer and listen to a play. Without announcing you cant even tell if rhe home team or visiting just made a great play.
So a fake of a fake is one part. The biggest part is it just doesn't bother me the way I thought it would.

#28647 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh as I've been batching aviit for years, rhey have totally changed and fake the game audio for years. I always said go in the kitchen and grab a beer and listen to a play. Without announcing you cant even tell if rhe home team or visiting just made a great play.
So a fake of a fake is one part. The biggest part is it just doesn't bother me the way I thought it would.

Did you just grab a beer from the kitchen before you typed that last post (can't blame auto-correct for all those typos)?

#28648 3 years ago

On the elliptical...so probably 1 more typo than uusal.

#28649 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, if that's the case I'm genuinely impressed.

#28650 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't stroke out bro!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 75,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 573 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/573?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.