5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 1,515.
#2801 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmmm,
Ray Rice was obviously guilty of smacking his lady down, a true vicious act, he must have been drunk and her too.
The league punished him lightly according to known facts.
Then the video surfaces and he gets fired and suspended even longer?????
I am in no way taking his actions lightly but he got F'd over pretty badly today, the guy is obviously a moron, its hard to say what all transpired up to the elevator incident. They were having a tough night, no excuses to knock a lady down like that.
Thoughts?

Quoted from Erik:

Way different than I remember his attorney claiming. I seem to recall something about him gingerly pushing her away as she approached him during a dispute, and she stumbles and hits head on the rail.
I can't blame the Ravens or the league. Messed up stuff, much like the Badass's week one pinside FFL score. Dunno about you I'm all for scratching the season and starting anew in 2015

I have no problem at all blaming the Ravens and the league.

We had the video of him pulling his unconscious fiance (now wife) out of the elevator. What did people really think happened? Rice admitted that he hit her from what I remember. He was charged and entered a plea. He never denied hitting her.

So if he hit her and that resulted in her being knocked unconscious, what was it about this video that suddenly made this go from a 2 game suspension to an indefinite ban?

And why the hell didn't the Ravens or the NFL take any steps to get the video from inside the elevator before making a decision on the punishment?

The original 2 game suspension was a freaking joke. Then the video is released and people are outraged, even though the facts were already pretty much known.

The actions by the Ravens and the League today were nothing more than a public relations reaction to the reaction of the general public.

Ridiculous.

#2802 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We had the video of him pulling his unconscious fiance (now wife) out of the elevator.

Sounds like an Ike and Tina Turner deal all over again,stupid move on her part.

#2803 9 years ago

Yep good points RobT. I saw the league said they requested the elevator video but were denied. I guess that means they were outbid by TMZ.

#2804 9 years ago

I don't know maybe Rob T can comment but how can the league go back once they have handed out the ruling? As of now I would think the NFL wrongly suspended him indefinitely. They obviously are reacting to the public out cry but i will bet they reverse this momentarily. The league admitted long ago they got it wrong so now they want to double dip? if they rushed their decision but made one, I would think it is too late to go back and do anything about it. For the record I do not condone the actions of Rice but this knee jerk reaction from public out cry after they made their decision and admitted it was wrong will not stand. The team has every right to cancel his contract on player conduct so it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

#2805 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Way different than I remember his attorney claiming. I seem to recall something about him gingerly pushing her away as she approached him during a dispute, and she stumbles and hits head on the rail.
I can't blame the Ravens or the league. Messed up stuff, much like the Badass's week one pinside FFL score. Dunno about you I'm all for scratching the season and starting anew in 2015

If Rice's initial testimony to Goodell was different than the events on the tape, then he pulled a Ron Mexico....I mean Michael Vick, and lied to Goodell. Even if it was the same, like Rob said, its a PR move. They f'd up the first time and now they are trying to make it right.

Speaking of El Mexico, who wants a piece of this FFL juggernaut? no keepers, no problem.

#2806 9 years ago

I'm sure this will probably change the 49ers stance of due process with the Ray McDonald alleged domestic dispute investigation.

#2807 9 years ago

So now they are saying that Police sent the video to an NFL executive back in April.

Is Goodell going to go down over this?

#2808 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So now they are saying that Police sent the video to an NFL executive back in April.

Possibly, but the owners appear to be behind him......I think most people (including myself) had difficulty believing the NFL couldn't get a copy of the tape yet TMZ did

#2809 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Possibly, but the owners appear to be behind him......I think most people (including myself) had difficulty believing the NFL couldn't get a copy of the tape yet TMZ did

The owners won't save him if it is proven that the tape was sent to the NFL.

#2810 9 years ago

Goodell right now reminds me of the goat tied up to the stake in jurasshole park.

#2811 9 years ago

I can't believe this has been non stop in the news. NFL should stay out of it, let police handle it. You know rice will sue and get a job somewhere.I guess ebola, isis,ukraine,IRS scandle,etc aren't as important as a football player getting fired. Looks like we're going to war again in middle east, but hey, why should the news focus in on that.
Goodell isn't going anywhere, just like selig went nowhere. Those that made it to the top know how to stay there.
First rule is deny, deny, deny

#2812 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He should, i never liked him.
He sure got red and blinked a lot in his interview which tells me that he knew this Ray Rice assault awhile ago.

#2813 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

He should, i never liked him

Agreed, not impressed with his tenure so far. The suspension of all those saints players was a freaking joke, luckily Tagliabue stepped in and ended the suspension, but I think they re-suspended them after that. He is a clown in my eyes.

#2814 9 years ago

goat-sacrifice.jpggoat-sacrifice.jpggoat-sacrifice.jpggoat-sacrifice.jpggoat-sacrifice.jpggoat-sacrifice.jpg

There he is!

#2815 9 years ago

apparently three times!

#2816 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

apparently three times!

Triple vision

#2817 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I can't believe this has been non stop in the news. NFL should stay out of it, let police handle it.

Uhh....ok?

#2818 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He is a clown in my eyes.

Lets see how the Jerry Jones thing works out along with RR.
Getting more and more like a soap opera of late.

#2819 9 years ago

.image-580.jpgimage-580.jpg

#2820 9 years ago

and now Adrian Peterson facing felony charges for "child injury"!

#2821 9 years ago

Goodell and Rice and Hardy and Peterson have succeeded in making the biggest thing in American sports depressing. Can't remember a worse week for the shield. I'm the annual week 4 Jake Locker injury from going into NBA mode.

I see the Vegas over/under is 3 for Rivers throws at Richard Sherman this week. I'm taking the over! (and an INT)

#2822 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Goodell and Rice and Hardy and Peterson have succeeded in making the biggest thing in American sports depressing. Can't remember a worse week for the shield.

You forgot about Ray McDonald for the 49ers.. the team that stated they have zero tolerance.

The whole AP thing is turning into a how to raise your child issue and "my dad used to whoop me all the time" conversation.

#2824 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The whole AP thing is turning into a how to raise your child issue and "my dad used to whoop me all the time" conversation.

Yes it has, and that's too bad, because that's not what this is about.

Huge difference between spanking a child and child abuse. From what I've heard, the pictures of the injury to the child make it pretty obvious that this went well beyond a spanking or "whoopin". Especially since we are dealing with a 4 year old.

#2825 9 years ago

Spousal abuse stories can sure take the edge off the home teams opening day loss. The Chargers are a talented team with lots of potential. But if the coach keeps calling running plays on every first down until two minutes left in the half, they can expect to go nowhere.

#2826 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

From what I've heard, the pictures of the injury to the child make it pretty obvious that this went well beyond a spanking or "whoopin". Especially since we are dealing with a 4 year old.

According to the urban dictionary, a whoopin can be administered using a switch, which is what AP allegedly used.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WHOOPIN

Whatever you call it, if you're leaving marks, you're doing it wrong.

#2827 9 years ago

I commend AP for being a disciplinarian with his kids… something missing in today's society. I'm not saying what AP did was just fine and dandy but I don't think this should've been blown up by the media but that's what they do best.

I think AP probably went a little overboard just like many loving parents have regrettably done at some time or another but I don't think his intentions were 'child abuse'. I remember getting the belt when I was a kid. Heck my dad would probably be considered a child abuser today… many mom/dads would be be.

Many years ago this was 'normal' disciplinary action even in the schools. Times have changed (unfortunately) and now the kids rule… we've simply gone way to far the other way IMO.

#2828 9 years ago

Go Bengal cats!!!!!image-363.jpgimage-363.jpg

#2829 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I commend AP for being a disciplinarian with his kids… something missing in today's society. I'm not saying what AP did was just fine and dandy but I don't think this should've been blown up by the media but that's what they do best.
I think AP probably went a little overboard just like many loving parents have regrettably done at some time or another but I don't think his intentions were 'child abuse'. I remember getting the belt when I was a kid. Heck my dad would probably be considered a child abuser today… many mom/dads would be be.
Many years ago this was 'normal' disciplinary action even in the schools. Times have changed (unfortunately) and now the kids rule… we've simply gone way to far the other way IMO.

I understand what you are saying, but from what I've heard the pictures that show the child's injury will make it very clear that this went way too far and was totally unacceptable.

I will reserve my final opinion until the pictures become public.

#2830 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I understand what you are saying, but from what I've heard the pictures that show the child's injury will make it very clear that this went way too far and was totally unacceptable.
I will reserve my final opinion until the pictures become public.

Like I said I believe he went overboard and definitely made a regrettable mistake but I don't believe his intentions were evil or his goal was to abuse his kid. I believe his intentions were good but his frustration/anger got the best of him. It happens to the best of us and as long as his intentions were good and it doesn't happen again he should be forgiven and move on. He has no history of this and is well known as a 'good guy' and a good father. I have no problem with some sort of minor legal punishment... maybe a 2 game suspension as well.

My issue is with the media lumping AP in with Rice and Hardy which I don't agree with at all. It's pretty easy to see the intentions of someone that puts his fist in the middle of his wife's face knocking her out cold and then dragging her face first out of an elevator. Or like Hardy kicking and beating his woman and threating to kill her... pretty clear intentions. Disciplining a child to the point of possible abuse is a much finer line and any evil intentions are not as clear. Just my opinion.

#2831 9 years ago

Cmon PACK! Do the Jets have any fans?

aaron-rodgers-murder-mustache-meme.jpgaaron-rodgers-murder-mustache-meme.jpg

#2832 9 years ago

Wow do my Jaguars suck. When you get your ass kicked by the Redskins, you know you suck. Won't be long for Bortles.

At least my "whoever plays the Saints" are doing well at 2-0 this year. Woo Hoo!!

#2833 9 years ago

Titans suck too, as my Cowboys whooped their ass.

(oops, perhaps not the best term to use right now?)

#2834 9 years ago

How about those bad ass patriots

image-161.jpgimage-161.jpg
#2835 9 years ago

Is the Packers defense trying a new scheme in which they have one or two less players on the field ? Cause that is the way it seems .

#2836 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is the Packers defense trying a new scheme in which they have one or two less players on the field ? Cause that is the way it seems .

Its called the Clown package. For the record, I would have fired Dom Capers after last season, the game has passed him by.

#2837 9 years ago

Yeah I don't know why they kept him. Defense has been a joke for quite some time .

#2838 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its called the Clown package

And just like clowns it is not funny .

#2839 9 years ago

WHO DEY Baby!!!!100_0574.jpg100_0574.jpg

#2840 9 years ago

Hey Wilkerson, bye, bye, bye

#2841 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Hey Wilkerson, bye, bye, bye

What a moron, Jets are imploding!

Oh the AaRodge 2 Cobb fantasy connection today is feelin sweet!

#2842 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What a moron, Jets are imploding!
Oh the AaRodge 2 Cobb fantasy connection today is feelin sweet!

That's my problem, I'm pulling for the Pack, but you get fantasy points against me. Oh well, Jets loss is good any way I can get it

#2843 9 years ago

Anyone who thinks Jordy Nelson is not an Elite WR in the NFL is as smart as Wilkerson.

Glad we got Jordy's contract extended, he is the real deal....

#2844 9 years ago

BOOM! Chargers with 40 minutes time of possession against the highly touted defense of the world champion Seahawks. Total doomination!

#2845 9 years ago

Seahawks show their true colors, without their opponent being deaf, they are just another team.

#2846 9 years ago

Jets TD nulled out by TO, I love it!

#2847 9 years ago

Gonna love this stomping.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2848 9 years ago

Nice win for the Chargers beating the champions Seahawks.

You never know what Chargers team is going to show up. Today Rivers and Gates took charge.

#2849 9 years ago

I thought the Chargers might have a problem with a short week and the Seahawks with 4 extra days rest, but none of that mattered today. Even though the Chargers dominated in every phase of the game, the Seahawks somehow managed to keep the score close. But in the end the better prepared team won.

#2850 9 years ago

I had the Titans at an optimistic 7-9 record before today's embarrassment. Slowly distancing self from that one...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.