IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 1,507.
#27801 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Did you read my post? I mentioned that.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

As was alluded to in my post.

You may figure out what you're saying doesnt make sense to everyone.

#27802 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

One angle I like come from -- to consider the best QBs of ALL TIME is to consider:
1. Who won a Super Bowl
*AND*
2. Took another team to a Conference championship (and lost or won) -- (not counting backup QBs here.)
From my notes there are only six men who have done this.
The last man to do it is Peyton Manning. Can you name any of the previous 5 ?
1. ____
2. ____
3. Montana
4. Favre
5. Warner
6. Manning
-mof

There has to be an oddball in there, Hostetler? Not sure if he took Raiders to AFC championship

#27803 3 years ago

Not my fault you cant comprehend. I'll try to be much clearer and will simplify it all for ya.

#27804 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There has to be an oddball in there, Hostetler? Not sure if he took Raiders to AFC championship

Hey...Brad Johnson?

#27805 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey...Brad Johnson?

Trent Dilfer?

#27806 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hostetler? Not sure if he took Raiders to AFC championship

CLOSE!!!

Bills knocked them out of a divisional game in January 94? in a close one... Then concussed Montana next game. Then on to go back to another losing super bowl appearance.

#27807 3 years ago

No Dilfer only Ravens. Didn't Johnson Win with Bucs and Lost Championship game to Gary Anderson miss...or was that Culpepper?

#27808 3 years ago

no.

#27811 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guessing fran Tarkenton?

Oh WON a SB...duh

#27812 3 years ago

Wasnt that 98 Vikings team QBd by Cunningham?

#27814 3 years ago

I know for a fact, some of you fellas remember the NFL from the 70s and 80s.

1. Who from the 70s and 80s won a Super Bowl
*AND*
2. Took another team to a Conference championship (and lost) -- (not counting backup QBs here.)

1. ____
2. ____

Hint 2: Both QBs have been nominated into the HOF, and yet neither has worn a yellow jacket.

#27815 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bills I don't know. But I can tell you this! If the Saints can beat Carolina on Sunday, we will have swept all three in our division! Boom, I hope it happens!

I'm really hoping for a Saints loss, that's the only way the Seahawks get the #1 seed in the NFC.

#27816 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I know for a fact, some of you fellas remember the 70s and 80s.

I've done a lot of research on 70s...this is a tuffy.

#27817 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

*AND*
2. Took another team to a Conference championship (and lost) -- (not counting backup QBs here.)
1. ___
2. ___

Plunkett?

#27818 3 years ago

How far did Brees get into the playoffs with the chargers..?

#27819 3 years ago

Oakland & Skins....often forget still living up to it with us!

#27820 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

*AND*
1. ___
2. ___

Joe Theisman took Toronto to a Grey Cup in 1971.

#27821 3 years ago

You guys are making me feel old with these wild guesses out of your ask holds.

#27822 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

...ask holds.

This is a family site buddy keep it clean!

#27823 3 years ago

Can you name the championship game he lost with the Patriots from 72-75? They didn't have a winning season those years with Plunkett -- they had no O line to keep him up. He was beaten up when the Niners picked him up...

C'mon for crying out louds.

#27824 3 years ago

NFL only, but that's a great bit of trivia I did not know! Almost -- worthy of an asterisk!

#27825 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can you name the championship game he lost with the Patriots from 72-75? They didn't have a winning season -- they had no O line to keep him up.
C'mon for crying out louds.

Pittsburgh

#27827 3 years ago

Joe namath with the Jets and then the Rams?

#27828 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Joe namath

never saw playoff action with the Rams -- he was a bust there. Too old. No mobility.

#27829 3 years ago

Hint 2: Both QBs have been nominated into the HOF, and yet neither has worn a yellow jacket.

#27830 3 years ago

George Blanda

#27831 3 years ago

I'm pretty much expecting for the next wild ass guess to be, "your mother, Trebek"

#27832 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

George Blanda

I think if we did a quiz on pre-super-bowl era two-team championship QB greats, he'd be in the mix.

#27833 3 years ago

Seems like McMahon bounced around and had some success somewhere but not sure he made it to conference championship

#27834 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Seems like McMahon bounced around and had some success somewhere but not sure he made it to conference championship

He won two superbowls, but one as a backup for GB

#27835 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He won two superbowls, but one as a backup for GB

Wow...forgot aboot that one!

#27836 3 years ago

I didn't know he was backup to Favre in 95-6 -- threw 1 pass in the regular season to earn a ring! haha... That's some good ROI.

#27837 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

George Blanda

QB-K - Kentucky
Joined Raiders: trade, Houston, 1967

​Inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 1, 1981... The first player and one of only two in history to celebrate a Silver Anniversary in pro football, ending his NFL career in 1975 with an all-time high 26 seasons... Set an NFL record with 2,002 points... Completed 1,911 passes in career for 26,920 yards and threw for 236 touchdowns... Played in 224 straight games, 340 overall... Raiders all-time scoring leader with 863 points... Led NFL eight times in extra points scored in a season, including 64 in 1961... Missed only 16 of 959 extra point attempts in 26 years... Kicked 335 field goals, including nine of 50 yards or more... Named 1970 Player of the Year for quarterbacking and kicking feats... Winner of 1970 Gorman Award as "Player Who Best Exemplifies the Pride and Spirit of the Oakland Raiders"... Set Raider single-season scoring record with 117 points in 1968... Played in 11 championship games, seven with Raiders... Played on three AFL Championship teams, one with Oakland and two with Houston... Named to AFL-NFL 25-year All-Star Team... Chosen for the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.

#27838 3 years ago

Check out what McMahon wore to the White House after he won the ring with Green Bay.

mcmahon (resized).jpgmcmahon (resized).jpg
#27839 3 years ago

I didn't know he was backup to Favre in 95-6 -- threw 1 pass in the regular season to earn a ring! haha... That's some good ROI.</blockquote

And wore a Bears jersey to the White House

E79AE663-9145-4DEB-84F5-06A33EE37D33 (resized).pngE79AE663-9145-4DEB-84F5-06A33EE37D33 (resized).png
#27840 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Not my fault you cant comprehend. I'll try to be much clearer and will simplify it all for ya.

3 super bowls wins in the last 6 years (8 total)
+ 9 total appearances as a head coach (12 total)
= zero clue and horrible drafter?!

keep telling the boys down at the tire shop that!

*can u please share with us whatever it is you're smoking on! gawdayumm! the 'rona got you going crazy son!

#27841 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus0202:

Check out what McMahon wore to the White House after he won the ring with Green Bay.
[quoted image]

Is that real? Super douchey! Also hilarious

#27842 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is that real? Super douchey! Also hilarious

69CF9FFC-F8F2-403B-ACFF-0CD9ACA36C7A (resized).png69CF9FFC-F8F2-403B-ACFF-0CD9ACA36C7A (resized).png
#27843 3 years ago

His Packers jersey was dirty. From that one regular season pass.

#27844 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is that real? Super douchey!

Gotta protect your brand.

#27845 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Earl Morral?
Colts and Dolphins

#27846 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

3 super bowls wins in the last 6 years (8 total)
+ 9 total appearances as a head coach (12 total)
= zero clue and horrible drafter?!
keep telling the boys down at the tire shop that!
*can u please share with us whatever it is you're smoking on! gawdayumm! the 'rona got you going crazy son!

He also had the GOAT for a QB.

Most know the Pats have had a history of poor drafting. This isn't something i'm making up. They wouldn't be in the shape they are right now if they drafted better. Go back and look through the last decade of their draft picks. Dpzens of picks and most, duds. Do they even have a legit #1 WR?

Most of the Pats stars weren't drafted by them. With some exceptions. Shit, even the commentators mentioned it last night.

#27847 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Earl Morral?
Colts and Dolphins

Earl Morral is a slightly reluctant addition to the quiz. Going to bump it up to 7 men.

He started the MOST games in the regular season for both the 68 Colts and the 72 Dolphins.

He DID play the entire season in place of Unitas -- and win Superbowl V in 68 against the Cowboys with that last second kick in the freezing cold.

He did, however, START the championship game for the Dolphins in 72. Griese then took over and won it -- then got to play the superbowl.

WINNER (he was the first then) now I have to add him to the list of the Super-7. haha

Does this get an asterisk or not? Kinda -- because he wasn't the true starter for the Dolphins team -- BUT -- he played more than half of the season for Miami that year, and was demoted in the middle of the championship game. I guess I'll give it to him though.

-mof

#27848 3 years ago

With the asterik wouldn't Doug Williams qualify? I know he won a SB with Washington and Tampa bay?

#27849 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

With the asterik wouldn't Doug Williams qualify? I know he won a SB with Washington and Tampa bay?

Not with Tampa

#27850 3 years ago

He won a championship with tampa I think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 75,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/557 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.