pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 1,507.
#27301 3 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

That didn’t take long. I rest my case.

I don;t think anyone has argued that point in 20 years of GB QBs.

You want them to lose anyway...you don't want them hiring Bevel's broken down ass as coach.

#27302 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t think anyone has argued that point in 20 years of GB QBs.
You want them to lose anyway...you don't want them hiring Bevel's broken down ass as coach.

I vote for celebrity coaches. Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Eminem, Tim Allen anyone willing to don Detroit gear and stand on the sidelines for 3 hours will do.

#27303 3 years ago

I’m not dismissing Bevell off-hand. Belichick and Shula were Lions assistants, and they let them go. I’m certainly not saying that I know Darrell Bevell is on that level, but I’m willing to see what he can do with the rest of the season. Just to take a look at him in this role right now, that’s all.

#27304 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jacksonville is totally devoid of talent. I haven't watched NYJ this year but I can't imagine their roster could be worse.

I think they have some legit WRs if they could get the ball to them. I think Chark especially has some real potential.

#27305 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think they have some legit WRs if they could get the ball to them. I think Chark especially has some real potential.

Chark is great, he blew up last year and has had some great games this year and some games where he just isn't thrown to very much. He feels like wasted talent on that team.

#27306 3 years ago

Could Fox be any more annoying with their 'Breaking News' scroll?

#27307 3 years ago

This Seahawks game against the Jets is a gimme, but the team needs it for the Defense to keep growing and for Wilson to find his groove again.

#27308 3 years ago

17-0 against #1 def in the league, and a stiff arm by Sanders to Jenkins for a long TD? WTF?

Now I’m starting to think Wentz may have lost the damn locker room. Guys are definitely playing harder this game.

#27309 3 years ago

Should be a good game this evening w the Steelers/Bills. My Chiefs took care of business 2day, and now cheering for the Bills to smash Big Ben and Pitt.

#27310 3 years ago

Lions manage a tie a the half. I like the way they actually managed the clock and then tried to get some more points at the end of the half, just didn’t execute well enough at the end.

#27311 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Should be a good game this evening w the Steelers/Bills. My Chiefs took care of business 2day, and now cheering for the Bills to smash Big Ben and Pitt.

I agree that should be really good game tonight.

#27312 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Could Fox be any more annoying with their 'Breaking News' scroll?

Yes, yes they could.
Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-11.00.39-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-11.00.39-AM (resized).png

#27313 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Now I’m starting to think Wentz may have lost the damn locker room...

I felt like rhaf has been known for awhile

#27314 3 years ago

They should have benched wentz weeks ago. Typical good ole boy football.

#27315 3 years ago

Go Bills 9-3

#27316 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201213-181622~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201213-181622~3 (resized).png
#27317 3 years ago

Lions fall short, but, surprisingly, they were in it almost to the end. Pack now sits atop NFC with tie-breaker over Saints.

#27318 3 years ago

Washington wins ugly with predictably horrific offensive performance but I’ll take it.

Alex smith hurt didn’t play second half

We need Antonio Gibson back. Badly.

#27319 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Washington wins ugly with predictably horrific offensive performance but I’ll take it.
Alex smith hurt didn’t play second half
We need Antonio Gibson back. Badly.

An unlikely playoff run for Washington. Better make sure that big screen tv of yours is working for the Washington Super Bowl appearance, Levi!

#27320 3 years ago

An unlikely playoff run for Washington. Better make sure that big screen tv of yours is working for the Washington Super Bowl appearance, Levi!

Ha

The defense was elite today. Gonna need a little more offense. They did almost nothing to win this game today it was all d

Elite!

If Alex smith can’t go next week no way Washington wins. Haskins looked bad as usual.

#27321 3 years ago

And what in the world is going on with the Eagles over the Saints?

#27322 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should have benched wentz weeks ago. Typical good ole boy football.

Hurts won today but he’s not taking them anywhere.I think Wenzt was left in because they know Hurts isn’t any better.The NFL is a meritocracy and has nothing to do with your cynically perceived white boys network!

#27323 3 years ago

And what in the world is going on with the Eagles over the Saints?

Saints had to lose at some point with a non throwing qb back there.

#27324 3 years ago

Go Bills 10-3

#27325 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Go Bills 10-3

Good game for the Bills :applause:but it definitely didn’t look good at first.

#27326 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Go Bills 10-3

As a Steelers fan I will tell you the only shocking thing of the night....that Josh Allen's 28 td passes this season are the 2nd most in franchise history (obviously with games to go)
Those great Jim Kelly teams we grew up watching he only had more than 28 once; wow. I know the Thurminator was getting shit done too but...it's a little surprising.

#27327 3 years ago

I have been a life long Buffalo fan and damn it's nice to see them actually being a contender again!

#27328 3 years ago

Bills the only team that plays in NY.

#27329 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As a Steelers fan I will tell you the only shocking thing of the night....that Josh Allen's 28 td passes this season are the 2nd most in franchise history (obviously with games to go)
Those great Jim Kelly teams we grew up watching he only had more than 28 once; wow. I know the Thurminator was getting shit done too but...it's a little surprising.

Crazy how the game has transformed from the Jim Kelly days. If you can’t throw the football these days then you’re probably not going to win...especially how the rules favor the QB.

#27330 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That IS surprising, the Bills had a potent offence in the 90s. However back then 28 td passes and 3000 yards got you an invitation to the pro bowl!

Go Bills!

#27331 3 years ago

Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27332 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Allen is special as hell. He’s not even at his ceiling yet.

I lived thru those Kelly era Super Bowl days. Allen is on that level now. Kid is spectacular.

#27333 3 years ago

Thanks Buffalo!

#27334 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Allen is special as hell. He’s not even at his ceiling yet.
I lived thru those Kelly era Super Bowl days. Allen is on that level now. Kid is spectacular.

You sound very excited for your team and you should!Me I was a Cowboy’s fan thru the Staubach,White and Aikman years.Not anymore I dropped them and don’t care which was a difficult thing to do.Anyway I also loved the Jim Kelly,Thurman Thomas 90’s Bills they were fun to watch I hated the blowout Super Bowls! Good luck,that is until you play my Colts!

#27335 3 years ago

Appearance? Don’t you mean victory?

#27336 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Appearance? Don’t you mean victory?

Not with Haskins, better hope Smiths injury isn’t too serious.

#27337 3 years ago

I’ll be rooting for the Bills this year. Even if the Redskins, I mean Washington Football Team make it. We all know they are highly likely to be one and done. It will suck not being able to talk trash to the Bills fans at work though.

#27338 3 years ago

I cant wait for covid to be over. I miss attending Bills games live. I have been a fan since 1984. It is so nice to see them playing at a high level again.

#27339 3 years ago

I remember watching Jack Kemp play. Been a Bills fan a long time. I used to like the colts until they moved.

#27340 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not with Haskins, better hope Smiths injury isn’t too serious.

Haha yeah I was joking. I have no delusions that they have any chance to make a legit run. Maybe they win a first round game but I doubt it.

#27341 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Good luck,that is until you play my Colts!

The way things are going, Colts/Bills may be first round in Buffalo. Ugh. Don't wanna play the colts.

#27342 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The way things are going, Colts/Bills may be first round in Buffalo. Ugh. Don't wanna play the colts.

And I don’t want to play the mighty Bills

#27343 3 years ago

It's so nice to actually get a good game every time the Bills play again. I grew up thinking that the Bills won almost every time they played. Then the last 25 years happened.

#27344 3 years ago

Semi OT: speaking of the Buffalo Bills, why is a pro sports team named after an 1800s frontier showman?

I half expect 11 guys who look like this to come out on the field:
images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

Still better than their original name, the "Buffalo Bisons," which was not only rather redundant sounding but improperly pluralized! (Although it apparently was a popular name for Buffalo area teams of all stripes; they changed it just for some variety.)

At least their current name is always pluralized like it should be. People will say, erroneously, that they are, say, "a Packer fan," to which I always automatically think, "which one?" But I doubt anyone ever says they are "a Bill fan."

#27345 3 years ago

Weird, this previously blank post was left when I edited the preceding to move the pic to the middle...

#27346 3 years ago

Buffalo Jills

#27347 3 years ago

I feel like the Buffalo Bills are the Tom Hanks of the NFL world. A few people love them, not a single person has anything negative to say about them, and overall, you don't mind watching them.

#27348 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

"Buffalo Bisons," which was not only rather redundant sounding but improperly pluralized

That's the AAA baseball team. How's the plurality incorrect? If a player is a Buffalo Bison (proper noun) then a group would be the Bisons. If you're referring to the animal, a group would be bison.

#27349 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Still better than their original name, the "Buffalo Bisons," which was not only rather redundant sounding but improperly pluralized!

Quoted from yaksplat:

How's the plurality incorrect? If a player is a Buffalo Bison (proper noun) then a group would be the Bisons. If you're referring to the animal, a group would be bison.

Going Down For Real (resized).jpgGoing Down For Real (resized).jpg

#27350 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

How's the plurality incorrect?

Uh oh.... Someone just wrote a Citizen's Complaint to the Grammar Enthusiast/Police.... Get ready for fireworks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 75,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/547?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.