giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 538 of 1,507.
#26851 3 years ago

I hate the cowboys and the eagles. Giants I’m not exactly a fan but I’d rather see them in a super bowl than the aforementioned.

#26852 3 years ago

I hate the Packers.

#26853 3 years ago

I hate the bears, but it's not even an anger anymore, most of the time they just feel like some inept children's cartoon villain... like Wile E Coyote.

The vikings are where ex packers go to die. Easily the angriest fan base in the division, not the best sense of humor on that group. I'm happy they received the full Favre experience in just 2 short seasons.

The lions are my least hated in the division, and I love that they hate that we dont even give them enough respect to dislike them properly. They dont want my well wishes and support, which makes me all the more happy to offer it.

#26854 3 years ago

The main reason I always hated the Raiders was the fact growing up it just seemed like anyone in my area that was a bad apple wore their gear all the time.

Around here Raider gear never seemed to be a fan of the team kind of thing, but more of a drug dealer kind of thing.

And I am not taking any sides here, I like everyone here, and I wish you and your favorite team the best!

(I do hope some teams will start throwing games to the Jets so that Trevor does not have to go there).

And not even I despise the Jets kind of thing, actually most of the time I forget that they are actually a NFL team.

#26855 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And not even I despise the Jets kind of thing, actually most of the time I forget that they are actually a NFL team.

So do they!

#26856 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate the cowboys and the eagles. Giants I’m not exactly a fan but I’d rather see them in a super bowl than the aforementioned.

I use to hate the Redskins when there was a reason to.

#26857 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Washington is my least-hated NFC East rival, so cheers to that. And I am enjoying the Eagles’ latest implosion, but the whole division being such shit this year kind of cheapens it.

#26858 3 years ago

I too am using the word hate less and less as I get older.

Tuck rule game and it's not even close.
Walt Coleman made the stupid call.

Refs also missed a few horrible calls to send the broncos to play the cowboys in 1978. Should have been the raiders. No instant replay back then.

So I guess I'm more disappointed with refs than I am any specific team.

Even if the raiders won the Tuck rule it doesn't mean they were in the Super bowl. But they were a great team that year -- much better than the raiders team that got steamrolled in the super bowl with a backup center.

#26859 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have always been that way also.
4. Seahawks (I always knew I hated them, I must have drank too much and forgot one reason is they beat Denver that time) (I always felt their coach did not get punished for what he did in college as a coach, while the team suffered he just walked away to the NFL)

The Broncos and Seahawks used to have a great rivalry, when I was growing up I totally hated on John Elway and had a Bronco Busters t-shirt and I remember Broncos fans having similar ones about the Seahawks. I loved that stuff back then and totally don't care about it now. By the time the teams each played each other in the Superbowl that level of hate in the rivalry was gone and honestly, while it's awesome my home town team won, the blow out was no fun for anyone to watch.

bb (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpg
#26860 3 years ago

Hated teams....hmm.
Being a Steelers fan I used to hate the Pats, but it went on so long I had to start respecting them.
Can't hate the Ravens as there's too much respect there as well. Bengals & Browns too cute to hate.

I def hate the Packers, but I've liked a lot of their players. Hated Cowboys & 49ers in the 90s but not now.

#26861 3 years ago

That Rams d is coming along nicely. Goff made some nice throws when he had too. I’m still a little miffed about a couple of early PI calls that should have been OPI if anything at all.

As for Burrow, his chances of becoming a top tier qb are done. That knee will never be the same. His arm strength was not great to begin with, and will be diminished with that bum knee on his planting foot.

#26862 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I def hate the Packers

That's just because you're a closet lions fan. Admit it!!

#26863 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's just because you're a closet lions fan. Admit it!!

Close call...I'm from Michigan and route for the Lions all the time; but a 'Lions Fan' is someone that gets hooked into the fantasy of turning into a good team again & again and shocked when Lucy pulls the football away.

#26864 3 years ago

Brady proving once again he's a snotty s.o.b. with yet another post-game snub, this time of Goff. First Foles, now Goff. Brady's fine for pleasantries when he wins but if he loses, he vanishes. Sore loser, no class.

#26865 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close call...I'm from Michigan and route for the Lions all the time

What games do you route for the Lions? Didn’t know they were in the coin op business.

#26866 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close call...I'm from Michigan and route for the Lions all the time; but a 'Lions Fan' is someone that gets hooked into the fantasy of turning into a good team again & again and shocked when Lucy pulls the football away.

Lions really should get more respect around the league. Its almost mathematically impossible for them to suck as bad as they do for as long as they have.

A 60 year streak of futility definitely should have a plaque in Canton, maybe a whole fkn wing devoted to the Lions. The only upside for me, every passing year it gets easier to not care at all.

#26867 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Lions really should get more respect around the league. Its almost mathematically impossible for them to suck as bad as they do for as long as they have.
A 60 year streak of futility definitely should have a plaque in Canton, maybe a whole fkn wing devoted to the Lions. The only upside for me, every passing year it gets easier to not care at all.

Their ability to snap defeat from the jaws of victory is only rivaled by the San Diego chargers.

#26868 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

You had me going for a sentence there.

#26869 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You had me going for a sentence there.

For real though, you've got to have some respect for lions fans. I mean, you're certainly not a bandwagoner, you really have to mean it.

#26870 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

...Didn’t know they were in the coin op business.

Ah, I see you've never owned a Ford?

I actually don't know what that means....but it sounds like the banter car guys would have.

#26871 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah, I see you've never owned a Ford?
I actually don't know what that means....but it sounds like the banter car guys would have.

I’ve owned many Fords. Currently an Explorer which my wife drives but I don’t like it. My avatar, I’ve had since I was 15 and I love it. As for coin op, you spelled route instead of root.

#26872 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’ve owned many Fords. Currently an...

You usually have a better sense of humor.

#26873 3 years ago

No night game tomorrow is a bummer.

#26874 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Pittsburg probably would have rolled them.I suppose this gives the Ravens a chance if they can get some players back.

#26875 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah that sucks...but I guess I wont be stuck at inlaws house so I won't "need" it as much.

Some angry tweets, so I guess that means these players could return Sunday since it's 5 days away if they have negative tests after?

#26876 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Total bummer! That was the one game I was really looking forward to tomorrow.

#26877 3 years ago

Bummer! Mainly cause it was a good game I was looking forward to. But secondly I'll be forced to watch the Football Team vs. Dallas. Ugh...

#26878 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bummer! Mainly cause it was a good game I was looking forward to. But secondly I'll be forced to watch the Football Team vs. Dallas. Ugh...

First place could be on the line!!

#26879 3 years ago

Let’s go football team !!

I’m actually warming up to the name. I think it’s hilarious.

“You don’t like our fuckin name? Ok, fine. We’re the football team. Happy now?”

#26880 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s go football team !!
I’m actually warming up to the name. I think it’s hilarious.
“You don’t like our fuckin name? Ok, fine. We’re the football team. Happy now?”

Lacks capitalization but otherwise Bosco could get on board.

#26881 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You usually have a better sense of humor.

Usually, but this cold winter weather is getting me down. It’s getting down in the low 50s on some nights and getting dark at 5pm now. Not to mention my Avengers doesn’t seem to want to upload the damn .94 code. Losing the Pittsburgh/Ravens game tomorrow is the last straw. Damnit, why couldn’t it be the Lions game. We always get shitty Thanksgiving games.

#26882 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Usually, but this cold winter weather is getting me down. It’s getting down in the low 50s on some nights and getting dark at 5pm now. Not to mention my Avengers doesn’t seem to want to upload the damn .94 code. Losing the Pittsburgh/Ravens game tomorrow is the last straw. Damnit, why couldn’t it be the Lions game. We always get shitty Thanksgiving games.

Low 50s is shorts weather in these parts

#26883 3 years ago

Yeah been a real nice end of fall, no snow and only below freezing a few nights here.

#26884 3 years ago

In south Louisiana we are still battling the mosquitos and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. They have been pretty relentless for months, especially in early evening after sunset.
So we welcome the start of cooler weather with temps below 50 F at night. We really need a few hard freezes this winter anytime from about Christmas eve to mid Feb.

I'm still pullin for the Saints to win the NFC Championship, and secure their spot in the Superbowl.

For the AFC, I hope it will be one of these teams that make it to the Super Bowl:
Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, or Titans.

#26885 3 years ago

I don’t see how some of you can deal with the hardships of not living on the coast in SoCal. How depressing life must be.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

In south Louisiana we are still battling the mosquitos and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. They have been pretty relentless for months, especially in early evening after sunset.
So we welcome the start of cooler weather with temps below 50 F at night. We really need a few hard freezes this winter anytime from about Christmas eve to mid Feb.
I'm still pullin for the Saints to win the NFC Championship, and secure their spot in the Superbowl.
For the AFC, I hope it will be one of these teams that make it to the Super Bowl:
Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, or Titans.

You better hope the Vikings or Rams don’t make the playoffs. Saints would fold under the pressure of having to get revenge on them. I’m expecting a Rams SuperBowl win to go along with the Lakers and Dodgers championships.

#26886 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t see how some of you can deal with the hardships of not living on the coast in SoCal. How depressing life must be.

You better hope the Vikings or Rams don’t make the playoffs. Saints would fold under the pressure of having to get revenge on them. I’m expecting a Rams SuperBowl win to go along with the Lakers and Dodgers championships.

Not sure on who wins SB but I would bet money it's not the Rams!There are a lot of good teams in the AFC.

#26887 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not sure on who wins SB

I am not even sure we will even have a SB the way things are going, BUT I hope we do!

(if only the coaches would wear their masks correctly I am sure everything will be fine).

#26888 3 years ago

Who you got? They will nominate 4-8.

SemiFinalists_1050x660.jpgSemiFinalists_1050x660.jpg
#26889 3 years ago

I got Manning, Faneca, Jared Allen, Charles Woodson, and Thomas

#26890 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I got Manning, Faneca, Jared Allen, Charles Woodson, and Thomas

You have to have Calvin Johnson in there as well.

#26891 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

To be clear those are my picks. I imagine he'll get in.
He's not clear cut for me. An excellent player on mostly bad teams who got a lot of targets but didn't play a long time.

#26892 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

An excellent player on mostly bad teams who got a lot of targets but didn't play a long time.

Unfortunately, the legacy left by a great player who got selected by the Detroit Lions.

#26893 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

WR can be tough. I watched Calvin every week and he was an awesome WR fo sho....but if I'm looking at this I'm not saying he's a lock above Holt or Wayne.

#26894 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WR can be tough. I watched Calvin every week and he was an awesome WR fo sho....but if I'm looking at this I'm not saying he's a lock above Holt or Wayne.

Robotron was far better than either one of those 2, just didn’t have the longevity. Holt and Wayne both had HOFers on the opposite sides, Johnson dominated even with constant double teams.

I like Detroit today for the mild upset.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#26895 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If only Calvin would have “completed the process” on that TD catch...

#26896 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Robotron was far better than either one of those 2, just didn’t have the longevity. Holt and Wayne both had HOFers on the opposite sides, Johnson dominated even with constant double teams.

Those guys had superbowls and many playoff wins, plus better career stats.

Johnson's biggest selling point is the 3 all-pros. The other 2 only one each.

It does seem like voters only value the X receiver or at least dont acknowledge different wr roles. Guys like Welker and Ward wont get in despite arguably being more important to their teams, and multiple superbowls.

#26897 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Robotron was far better than either one of those 2, just didn’t have the longevity.

I wonder if the HOF takes into account "longevity" vs. "quitting?" AKA "The lions clause."

#26898 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder if the HOF takes into account "longevity" vs. "quitting?" AKA "The lions clause."

It didn’t keep Barry Sanders out.

#26899 3 years ago

Lions’ long-term best interest needs a Texans win today, hopefully a big one.

#26900 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who you got? They will nominate 4-8. [quoted image]

Manning and Woodson are the only first ballot guys for me.

I would really love to see Butler get in. He's lacking the name recognition, that's about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 75,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 538 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/538 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.