New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57695)

Official NFL Thread

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26,884 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pinball-is-great
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bb (resized).jpg
download_20201123_222708 (resized).jpg
E18F6990-EB96-48D4-9D71-3BF001A67337 (resized).jpeg
2020-11-23 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201122-225705~2 (resized).png
2292C965-10C3-44B5-9908-D4FDB9D61705 (resized).png
93E8D700-F120-4238-BC2F-CFEC22EC4FC0 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201122-175339~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20201122-165708~2 (resized).png
62611390-DA30-4843-BF6E-61D668001715 (resized).jpeg
F0B95851-CE24-4BF4-8385-2C4345E68B79 (resized).jpeg
EiKluRcXgAA6Jzl (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201122-125404~2 (resized).png
swiss army knife (resized).jpg
99873C06-4183-4272-B594-79950997C34D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 26884 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 538.
#26301 30 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

What used to be an AJ Green is now a John Ross.

Are you really a Bengals fan? What used to be AJ Green is now Tee Higgins, and as a fan you should be ecstatic with what you see.

#26302 30 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The stats aren’t in Atkins and Dunlaps favor however. They’ve been amongst the worst at their positions this year.

Sorry have to disagree Atkins has not played enough for ANYONE to judge his performance and that is simply fact.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Think of it like this Russ. What used to be an AJ Green is now a John Ross.

Not even close....neither player has amassed enough playing time this year to make that argument relevant.

Bottom line is Zak sucks!

#26303 30 days ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Are you really a Bengals fan? What used to be AJ Green is now Tee Higgins, and as a fan you should be ecstatic with what you see.

Yeah that's not what I meant. Im very excited about Tee Higgins. My poor analogy was to point out how although Atkins used to be good, he now has the talent of John Ross.

Like I said, poor analogy. I dropped the ball on this one you could say, much like John Ross.

#26304 30 days ago

I won't argue AJ Green is on the downside of his career but I think Higgins will take his spot and we will be happy with him.

#26305 30 days ago

He had the same issues in college he's had since drafted, fast but can't catch the ball....Billy Hamilton's twin brother.

#26306 30 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I won't argue AJ Green is on the downside of his career but I think Higgins will take his spot and we will be happy with him.

I wasnt even talking crap about Green, I honestly just made a VERY poor analogy, haha.

Someone needs to stop Pittsburgh by the way. 2020 was bad enough, I sure as shit dont want to ring in 2020 with another Steeler Super Bowl.... gross

#26307 30 days ago

There is a strange amount of Bengals talk when there is a MNF game and they aren't playing, lol.

I would be more excited about the Bengals future than that of many other teams (mine included). They have a young and talented squad that is really just a few trades/pickups/draft picks away from having a VERY good team.
I would definitely start by shoring up that O-line.

#26308 30 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Someone needs to stop Pittsburgh by the way. 2020 was bad enough

I don't like the Steelers of coarse but I can't help but be happy for Ben, this is likely his last season and I'm glad he will have the chance to go out on top. It's a love/hate thing I guess but I just feel he's been a HOF player since his draft.

#26309 30 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sorry have to disagree Atkins has not played enough for ANYONE to judge his performance and that is simply fact.

You may have a small point on Atkins. Also he might not be 100% and on a limited snap count. I read he needs surgery and passed to play this year.

No debating how awful Dunlap is. He’s really really bad. And also he’s handling the situation horribly.

#26310 30 days ago

The Rams are just beating down the Bears in every aspect of the game. Bears defense is okay but not really getting it done tonight.

#26311 30 days ago

Rams were ready to play tonight!

#26312 30 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Rams are just beating down the Bears in every aspect of the game. Bears defense is okay but not really getting it done tonight.

It’s tough be a dominant D when your offense is inept, Bears D couldn’t get a breather, and still scored their only TD.

#26313 30 days ago

Hekker was probably the MVP of that game, 6 punts inside the 10.

#26314 29 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You may have a small point on Atkins. Also he might not be 100% and on a limited snap count. I read he needs surgery and passed to play this year.

Hey looks like I'm not the only one questioning if Taylor is up for HC job. The news today said fans and season ticket holders were flooding the teams site with questions and concerns about Zak Taylor and whether he should be replaced. I think if he doesn't win at minimum 5 games this year he will not be here in 2021.

#26315 29 days ago

I agree with that. But what does that have to do with Atkins and especially Dunlap being absolutely horrible this season? Haha

#26316 29 days ago

Beckham out for the season. What a disaster he has been for the Browns.....couldn't have happened to a better team! I guarantee you that they become a better team without his toxic personality, just wait and see. Now if they could get rid of Mayfield and get a guy like Burrow they would be a good team I bet.

#26317 29 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Beckham out for the season. What a disaster he has been for the Browns.....couldn't have happened to a better team! I guarantee you that they become a better team without his toxic personality, just wait and see. Now if they could get rid of Mayfield and get a guy like Burrow they would be a good team I bet.

I don’t think Baker missed a pass after OBJ went down. For our sake we should wish him well, and for his. Brutal injury .

#26318 29 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with that. But what does that have to do with Atkins and especially Dunlap being absolutely horrible this season? Haha

Nothing it refers to my statement that Zak Taylor is not HC material at present. He will likely go next season if they don't win at least 5 games this season or "I" hope so lol!

#26319 29 days ago

Dallas old coach Garret saying he told us so it wasn't him just a shitty team all way round. No sorry buddy they are bad but with you it's magnified 10 fold.

#26320 29 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Nothing it refers to my statement that Zak Taylor is not HC material at present. He will likely go next season if they don't win at least 5 games this season or "I" hope so lol!

We may have to call Marvin back!

#26321 29 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Time for a return to the good old days, when you could set your watch by the Bengals going home in the first round of the playoffs.

#26322 29 days ago

It's almost like you can't go from 2-14 to a good team in one season

#26323 28 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Time for a return to the good old days, when you could set your watch by the Bengals going home in the first round of the playoffs.

That was because we had Ronald McDonald at QB, we got Joe Burrow now. If Joe Burrow would have been on those teams that went to the playoffs we would have won at least one Super Bowl.

#26324 28 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No Marvin lol. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around some of the calls Zak makes and his insistence that the OL is in good shape. Does it look like it's in good shape..... Oh well we are stuck for now to see how loud the voices get for the Bengals to give Zak a plane ticket.

#26325 28 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

No Marvin lol. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around some of the calls Zak makes and his insistence that the OL is in good shape. Does it look like it's in good shape..... Oh well we are stuck for now to see how loud the voices get for the Bengals to give Zak a plane ticket.

On the fence with Zak. I mean I dont consistently scream at the TV like I did with Marvin. I think the team may honestly just be this bad. Defensively, no excuse, they cant be as bad as they have shown this year, dump the coordinator ASAP.

Defending the o-line is probably just political, he has eyes, and knows they are bad, I hope. Vikings fans are VERY restless and many want to send Zimmer packing. In a perfect world, he would end up back here. He was the best coordinator we have ever seen.

#26326 28 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Your initial point on why Zac is a bad coach is the handling of Geno and Dunlap. Dunlap sucks. You cannot keep playing someone that is that bad. He got demoted, cried about it. Cannot blame Zac there.

Geno is different. Word is he’s still injured and is on limited play due to the fact he should’ve went for surgery and decided not to this season. Either way, neither he or Dunlap is getting the job done with their opportunities. Gotta play people that are actually producing. Prior successes of those players are irrelevant.

#26327 28 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your initial point on why Zac is a bad coach is the handling of Geno and Dunlap. Dunlap sucks. You cannot keep playing someone that is that bad. He got demoted, cried about it. Cannot blame Zac there.
Geno is different. Word is he’s still injured and is on limited play due to the fact he should’ve went for surgery and decided not to this season. Either way, neither he or Dunlap is getting the job done with their opportunities. Gotta play people that are actually producing. Prior successes of those players are irrelevant.

Dunlop got told to stay home from practice, his days in Cincinnati are over.

#26328 28 days ago

I'd be more than happy to have Zimmer back in Cincy. Anyone can produce excuses for Taylor's short stint in Cincy thus far but have you actually paid attention to what he's calling etc. while on the field....pathetic. The defense was "supposedly" just an experiment Taylor and Anarumo were trying and we know where that went. They're going to trade Dunlap and have set him down going so far as telling him to stay home and not practice. I'm seeing another David Shula in control and it frustrates me to no end. Cincy is loyal to a fault, good example is Ross, Price, Hart, they just can't face they were and are wrong. Taylor called Hart a bright side for the offensive line...... Thought things would change for the better but truthfully it's worse than it was under Marvin and that is hard to imagine.....

#26329 28 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Geno is different. Word is he’s still injured and is on limited play

Geno said on TV interview he is 100% percent but was told his role would be reduced. Sorry but the sitting of Dunlap and Atkins plays absolutely ZERO in how and what I think of Taylor...he's simply not ready for HC position period.

#26330 28 days ago

Simply put Coaches would not consider playing Hart let alone the asinine view he is an asset on the OL. Billy Price.....really... better players down at the local park.

#26331 28 days ago

I think getting rid of the head coach would be a dumb move, having Burrow try and learn a new system in year 2 will only stunt his growth. Even with a terrible O line the Bengals offense has been pretty competent.

#26332 28 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Even with a terrible O line the Bengals offense has been pretty competent.

Jay put the Jack down it's affecting your mind.....

#26333 28 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jay put the Jack down it's affecting your mind.....

Lol, Russ, I think expectations in Cincinnati far exceeded the reality of just how far away they are from a good team.

#26334 28 days ago

Cinci talk tends to dominate this thread. There is good reason to be optimistic. You guys have J Burrow. Enjoy watching him continue to get better. Another draft or two along with a few key signings and your team will be totally different from a winning perspective. The QB makes such a difference. Its ok fellas. Marvin is gone. Andy is gone. They can't hurt you anymore.

#26335 28 days ago

Where’s the chargers fans? I think that Herbert has been a nice surprise for them..Burrows has a lil competition for best rookie qb

#26336 28 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Where’s the chargers fans? I think that Herbert has been a nice surprise for them..Burrows has a lil competition for best rookie qb

Herbert has been phenomenal, didn’t see that coming, their team Dr who punctured Taylor’s lung is currently team MVP.

#26337 28 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Geno said on TV interview he is 100% percent but was told his role would be reduced. Sorry but the sitting of Dunlap and Atkins plays absolutely ZERO in how and what I think of Taylor...he's simply not ready for HC position period.

Then don’t start off your case for Zac being fired by siting the mishandling of those two players. Haha.

I’m not a Zac fan at all, but I completely understand the Dunlap benching. He’s awful. Geno is perplexing. Not sure the deal there.

#26338 28 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Even with a terrible O line the Bengals offense has been pretty competent.

Yup. And the offensive game plan this past week was fantastic. Just got nothing to show for it.

I’ll never be a fan of a coach calling the offensive plays though. Very few exceptions where I’ve seen that work. Use an OC.

#26339 28 days ago

Dunlap to Seahawks for an OL and a 7th round pick. Good trade.

#26340 28 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dunlap to Seahawks for an OL and a 7th round pick. Good trade.

We are happy to have him come to Seattle, our defense needs help! And now he gets to play for a winning team that's definitely going the playoffs.

#26341 28 days ago

Sorry Dunlap is gone but we could use the OL. To bad we are going to be stuck with Taylors ass for at least another 2 seasons........Like I said Bengals are loyal to a fault.

I love Herbert and said before the draft if Cincy somehow decided to trade down I was hoping they get Herbert. I don't think Burrows will get rookie of the year unless it is for most yards from scrimmage. He's on the run every play lol I'll be happy come end of season if Joe is not in a wheelchair.

#26342 28 days ago

I'm looking forward to Sundays Niners versus Seahawks. Although the Niners were pretty dominate against the Rams and Patriots I don't give them much of a chance against Seattle. They just lost two more starters and now are on their 4th string running back so their down 10 (7 on defense) starters for Sundays game. I think their only hope is to stay relevant (won't be easy), and squeeze into the playoffs with most of their starters back.

#26343 28 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We are happy to have him come to Seattle, our defense needs help! And now he gets to play for a winning team that's definitely going the playoffs.

Interested to see how he does. He was the worst DL on the worst DL group in the league up to this point.

#26344 28 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm looking forward to Sundays Niners versus Seahawks. Although the Niners were pretty dominate against the Rams and Patriots I don't give them much of a chance against Seattle. They just lost two more starters and now are on their 4th string running back so their down 10 (7 on defense) starters for Sundays game. I think their only hope is to stay relevant (won't be easy), and squeeze into the playoffs with most of their starters back.

I actually like the Niners this week, that Sea D is terrible.

#26345 28 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I actually like the Niners this week, that Sea D is terrible.

Time will tell, but the only way the Niners win is to score a bunch of points, and losing two more offensive starters doesn't help. All these NFC west teams are good so their gonna beat up on each other throughout the year. Niners just need to stay relevant until they get at least get 6-7 starters back.

#26346 28 days ago

I think Dunlap will do fine in Seattle and I'll go so far as to say he'll get a sack his first game in with Seattle. Chuckwurt forgets Dunlap had nine (9) sacks in 2019 that's nothing to sneeze at and is one of the reasons he should have been in pass rushing. Seattle will without question benefit from his presence. I think it is more of personality conflicts with Zak that Dunlap sat and Atkins being out. I look for Atkins to go next and if not this year he'll ask before season starts next.

#26347 28 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Chuckwurt forgets Dunlap had nine (9) sacks in 2019

It’s 2020

#26348 28 days ago

Dontari Poe anyone?Looks like Jerrah released the kneeler.

#26349 28 days ago

Zak said Dunlap was dropped as a starter because he did not make enough tackles against runners.

#26350 28 days ago

Can't believe how much Bengals chatter going on, I love it! I'm a sad Bengals fan in a family of Niners fans.. Jeaux and Tee were the perfect picks and Tee gets to learn form one of the best and most underrated pros in AJ. I just want to see the Bengals organization treat their upper echelon players with the kind of respect they give the coaching staff. Dunlap was ONE sack away from tying the franchise record for career sacks and that has to sting a lot for a player who has busted his ass for this downtrodden franchise. Idk about any of the other Bengals fans but 2015 still hurts like a mf misery loves company, so thank you to all the brave Bengals fans out there! WE ARE NOT ALONE!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, CO
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
$ 21.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
There are 26884 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 538.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside