spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 523 of 1,513.
#26101 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tua named starter....didn't see that coming.

Paging dr. o-din ...

#26102 3 years ago

Sounds familiar...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26103 3 years ago

Did the players say that or are they reading McCarthy's job application?

#26104 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tua named starter....didn't see that coming.

Wow yeah that’s surprise. Fitz was doing ok!

I guess it’s just Tua time and they want to see what they have.

#26105 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did the players say that or are they reading McCarthy's job application?

Another bonehead coa hing hire by terrible owner and GM Jerry Jones. None of his oodles of coaching hires have reached full potential and Super Bowl rings since the 90's with Jimmy Johnson. Wish the Cowboys could and would get rid of the whole Jones clan! Am sorry to say as a fan since the 70's the Cowboys stink! Sick of Jerry and his narcissistic and conceited mannerisms.

#26106 3 years ago

McCarthy was a terrible hire. Another old white washup who won a super bowl because of a great qb and got another plum job because he’s a good old boy.

One.

Like, any decent coach may have won 2 with him?

Washington has a terrible owner. So does Dallas. It’s bittersweet!!

#26108 3 years ago
248C956F-C8DA-401C-BDA4-944E0826984F (resized).jpeg248C956F-C8DA-401C-BDA4-944E0826984F (resized).jpeg
#26109 3 years ago

John Ross wants to be traded, wonder what the Bengals will give some team to take him?

#26110 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

John Ross wants to be traded, wonder what the Bengals will give some team to take him?

He should be thankful that the Bengals kept his sorry ass around for so long because he probably would have been sitting at home for years unemployed if they wouldn't have. I think Cincinnati has been good to him considering how big of a disappointment that he has been.

#26111 3 years ago

Yeah Bengals have always been good aboot paying players for years whom suck and don't want to be there.

hmmm

#26112 3 years ago

Trade Ross for any other player that has a pulse.

#26113 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dallas needs to get him and throw him in at Tackle

#26114 3 years ago

All I know is that as crazy as 2020 has been I am just glad to be able to watch live NFL games on tv.

And I hope we can have a full season and a awesome Super Bowl!

(it will not hurt my feelings if there is no half time Super Bowl show ever again).

#26115 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

it will not hurt my feelings if there is no half time Super Bowl show ever again

Isn't that the truth halftime shows have sucked since the early 90's, time to let them die off.

#26116 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have bitched about him since the Bengals drafted his ass. He wants out of Cincy now cause they won't suit him up and why would they, there's plenty of receivers that can drop the ball or give up on a play and not to forget the big one.......develop hang-nails that prevent you from playing. I'll be happy to see him go, maybe he'll end up with the other hang-nailer Eifert and they can keep the bench warm for real players.

#26117 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Bengals have always been good aboot paying players for years whom suck and don't want to be there.

hmmm

Simply butt hurt cause they won't even suit him up......pitiful play out of this guy. Like I said in the past it does no good to be fast if you can't catch the ball. He was just like Billy Hamilton when he was a reds player, extremely fast and did cause problems when on base but the guy couldn't get on base, rarely had a base hit.

#26118 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Isn't that the truth halftime shows have sucked since the early 90's, time to let them die off.

Prince. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Florida, Feb 4, 2007 pretty much invalidates your entire premise.

#26119 3 years ago

The halftime show will exist in one form or another, guaranteed.

#26120 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Prince. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Florida, Feb 4, 2007 pretty much invalidates your entire premise.

It was pretty epic how he worked in that shadow puppet show a few years after the Janet Jackson excitement. “So you lose your minds at a hint of nipple, eh? How about THIS then?”

Prince's DickPrince's Dick

A man that was simply immune to decency standards (and could incidentally shred on guitar).

#26121 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It was pretty epic how he worked in that shadow puppet show a few years after the Janet Jackson excitement. “So you lose your minds at a hint of nipple, eh? How about THIS then?”
[quoted image]
A man that was simply immune to decency standards (and could incidentally shred on guitar).

Awesome!

I kind of miss the old age acts they did for the super bowl for like 10 years straight. I don’t mind mixing it up but the last 10 years of black-eyed-peas types has been fuckin brutal.

#26122 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome!
I kind of miss the old age acts they did for the super bowl for like 10 years straight. I don’t mind mixing it up but the last 10 years of black-eyed-peas types has been fuckin brutal.

I was just thinking about how Tom Petty and The Who were pretty cool. Then I looked it up and those were ten and 12 years ago...
Gaga was pretty good honestly. Also who can forget Katy Perry and the Sharks!?

List:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

#26123 3 years ago

Top 3 halftime performances:

Michael Jackson 1993 - the first huge production and the one all future shows have been compared to. Could anybody else stand still on stage for 60 sec and have the crowd go wild? Large scale visuals with close to 100% audience participation.

Prince 2007 - Glided effortlessly through his set even in a torrential downpour. Purple Rain sang in purple rain, doubt that will ever be topped.

Men On Football 1992 - Shame on you if you stayed with ABC for Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill ice skating and last minute musical fill-in Gloria Estefan. Everybody else was on FOX watching what would prove to be classic sketch comedy.

Michael:

Prince:
Sorry. Doesnt appear to be any complete video on YouTube that isnt chopped up with commentary but I found it here:

https://vimeo.com/377672929

Men On Football:

#26124 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Prince. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Florida

Yeah I'll have to agree he played pretty damn good guitar solo!!!!!

#26125 3 years ago

Adam Schefter reporting Dallas is trading Dak Prescott to Cincinatti for Joe Burrows, Jonah Williams, Billy Price, and multiple future draft picks. Bengals to immediately extend Prescott, making him the highest paid player in NFL history.

#26126 3 years ago

Can I buy some of that?

#26127 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Adam Schefter reporting Dallas is trading Dak Prescott to Cincinatti for Joe Burrows, Jonah Williams, Billy Price, and multiple future draft picks. Bengals to immediately extend Prescott, making him the highest paid player in NFL history.

Yeah, and Dak and the Bengals are working with Black Lives Matter and Colin Kaepernick to promote their new campaign, “STAND to End Racism in Southern Ohio”. I just donated $25 to the cause. I got the email from the YWCA of greater Cincinnati, which I donated to last year at RWH’s request. They send me emails every week.

#26128 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

...The truth here is on the same level of WhoDeys odds of not watching NFL games.....

#26129 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

...The truth here is on the same level of WhoDeys odds of not watching NFL games.....

I haven't watched hardly any football at all honestly. Ive watched the Bengals play a little bit and ive watched the Chiefs play a little bit because the gf likes Patrick Mahomes so ive watched KC play a little. The NFL in its current state just doesn’t excite me anymore. I read and see how teams are doing sometimes and see certain things that are happening but i do not get fired up and watch football all day long like i used to. I haven't done that since the kneeling began.

Now when the Bengals go to the SB I’ll be watching that shit for sure!

#26130 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, and Dak and the Bengals are working with Black Lives Matter and Colin Kaepernick to promote their new campaign, “STAND to End Racism in Southern Ohio”. I just donated $25 to the cause. I got the email from the YWCA of greater Cincinnati, which I donated to last year at RWH’s request. They send me emails every week

And you wonder why people on here call you racist, my god. Obviously racism is something you constantly bring up and well it makes me think it may be an internal struggle you have going on. I hope you find peace Vic before it eats you alive.

#26131 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't watched hardly any football at all honestly.

All this virus stuff has killed the enthusiasm somewhat so I get where you are at. I watch but not near as much as I was prior to all of this but hopefully this virus will be at least under some control and we'll be back to normal play again. The other hope I harbor for next year is that Joe will still be alive to play for us. lol The poor kid has probably been sacked and hit more in the NFL than he ever was in college. Here's hoping when they trade or out right just cut John Ross they'll offer Bobby Hart as a 2 for one.

#26132 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

And you wonder why people on here call you racist, my god. Obviously racism is something you constantly bring up and well it makes me think it may be an internal struggle you have going on. I hope you find peace Vic before it eats you alive.

Ever notice that the people who are always claiming to be anti racist are always the ones bringing up racism constantly?

#26133 3 years ago

Anyway, this is a football thread.

5-0 Pitt & Titans go at it...I got Titans in this one although it seems to favour Pitt. They can stop the run, but suck at the pass.

#26134 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anyway, this is a football thread.

5-0 Pitt & Titans go at it...I got Titans in this one.

Yeah one of those he's speaking of......... the three stooges.

#26135 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ever notice that the people who are always claiming to be anti racist are always the ones bringing up racism constantly?

WHO-DEY you know the little gang of 3 here, it's really pathetic that none of them can stand on their own. I've seen them attack you and me so many times that I've no doubt what the problem is hence the internal struggle to hide, project, but never admit or accept truth about themselves...... Oh well life live at full speed eh. lol You can't grow balls you have to be born with them.

#26136 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

WHO-DEY you know the little gang of 3 here, it's really pathetic that none of them can stand on their own. I've seen them attack you and me so many times that I've no doubt what the problem is hence the internal struggle to hide, project, but never admit or accept truth about themselves...... Oh well life live at full speed eh. lol You can't grow balls you have to be born with them.

100% truth RW!

#26137 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Prince halftime show in 2007 was great! Madonna 2012 was good, I thought Gaga was good too.

#26138 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Prince halftime show in 2007 was great! Madonna 2012 was good, I thought Gaga was good too.

I agree with Prince and Madonna but I can't with Gaga. I'll be honest I knew Prince was talented both as a singer and musician but I had no idea he was that great on guitar, it was impressive. He had me going back and listening to some of his music and it was pretty good actually.

#26139 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree with Prince and Madonna but I can't with Gaga. I'll be honest I knew Prince was talented both as a singer and musician but I had no idea he was that great on guitar, it was impressive. He had me going back and listening to some of his music and it was pretty good actually.

Dont forget about the nip slip. It was pretty good too!

#26140 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It certainly raised a lot of eyebrows but hell I didn't think it was a big deal at all. I've seen far worse on regularly ran many TV shows.

#26141 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am probably the only guy that blinked and missed it.

#26142 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I am probably the only guy that blinked and missed it.

I was looking at my friend and got to see his reaction, which was way better than the actual nip.

#26143 3 years ago

Getting ejected from a thread you quit weeks ago has gotta be a real kick in the nuts.

#26144 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Huh, I've been listening to Prince since the 80s and knew of his guitar work, it was shown off a lot in the movie Purple Rain. I saw him live on the Purple Rain tour in like 1985, he sure put on a great live show. At one point he climbed a speaker stack, all the lights went dark except the spotlight on him for a guitar solo, which ended up with his guitar shooting out liquid into the crowd while he was girating, simulating coming. It was hilarious, not sure if you could do that now at a big arena show. I love Lady Gaga, so I was down for it. I'm old punk rocker that's always loved pop divas that put on larger the life live shows. Plus she killed it on American Horror Story. Anyway, it probably really depends on your age and taste in music, but I think they've done a good job catering the halftime shows in the past 20 years towards people in the 40-50 age range (I'm 52, Prince and Madonna were huge when I was in highschool).

#26145 3 years ago

So far my early Superbowl prediction of Chiefs vs Seahawks is still holding, I probably should have put some money down when the odds were better.

#26146 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

... I probably should have put some money down when the odds were better.

Historically bad Defenses don't make it to many SBs. But we shall see

#26147 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Historically bad Defenses don't make it to many SBs. But we shall see

I’m not sold on Seattle just yet, they haven’t played any real good teams and have given up a ton of points. Opponents record is a combined 9-20.

#26148 3 years ago

On the road for work, so nothing else to do but watch tonight’s Clash of the Titans, I’m going with the Giants +4.5.

#26149 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

2EFF70DE-5970-47A1-83AD-87BF892C0322 (resized).jpeg2EFF70DE-5970-47A1-83AD-87BF892C0322 (resized).jpeg
#26150 3 years ago

Damn, the Raiders just put their whole starting OL on the Covid list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 523 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/523?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.