nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 1,516.
#25401 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He better be suspended for the rest of the season, that’s one of the dirtiest plays I’ve ever seen. The “gator roll” is only done to injure a guys knee. Just when I thought I couldn’t hate the Cowboys anymore.

Just watched it several times and if done on purpose it's really bad I agree. Problem is rb was still struggling for yardage and unclear if defensive player was trying to complete a tackle. Although I don't like the twisting of the rb's leg one bit I have way more issue with how the same player hit the Russell Wilson on a 2 point conversion try. Why does anyone think they can or should get away with ahelmet to helmet hi??. I realize the game is very fast and sometimes the defender does it 100% by accident. in trying to make a legal play. To the point, I suspect the dt for Cowboys will be fined but not suspended unless there are other angles of the play making it obvious the gator roll was blatant. I probably haven't seen all the available angles so might be one that will justify a suspension.

#25402 3 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Just watched it several times and if done on purpose it's really bad I agree. Problem is rb was still struggling for yardage and unclear if defensive player was trying to complete a tackle. Although I don't like the twisting of the rb's leg one bit I have way more issue with how the same player hit the Russell Wilson on a 2 point conversion try. Why does anyone think they can or should get away with ahelmet to helmet hi??. I realize the game is very fast and sometimes the defender does it 100% by accident. in trying to make a legal play. To the point, I suspect the dt for Cowboys will be fined but not suspended unless there are other angles of the play making it obvious the gator roll was blatant. I probably haven't seen all the available angles so might be one that will justify a suspension.

This article has a good angle of the play.

https://apple.news/AdSFuaNctRhq7wvBTxMpOcA

#25403 3 years ago

Yeah that's pretty shitty. What made it even worse is my daughter was eating chips whislt I was watching so I kept thinking I heard his bones cracking

#25404 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rams got a gift when Kroft's catch was "intercepted". Utter bs.

I just can’t understand how that was called a interception after a review he was down by contact. That play gave the Rams a chance when they didn’t earn it...Go Bills!

#25405 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just can’t understand how that was called a interception after a review he was down by contact. That play gave the Rams a chance when they didn’t earn it...Go Bills!

yeah, i was really surprised. But then again, not surprised. The officiating is horrid again this year.

Josh Allen is one helleva athlete though. Man, very exciting game. The guy has nerves of steel.

#25406 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

yeah, i was really surprised. But then again, not surprised. The officiating is horrid again this year.
Josh Allen is one helleva athlete though. Man, very exciting game. The guy has nerves of steel.

If I was the coach of the Bills I would be happy how my QB was tested and was able to come out on top. If the game was a blowout then you really can’t get tested and if you want to be a playoff team you need to be tested early and often to keep your team polished and ready for the next week.

#25407 3 years ago

Looks like Chicago is starting Foles next week. I was kind of shocked when they started Trubisky over Foles in the beginning.

#25408 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like Chicago is starting Foles next week. I was kind of shocked when they started Trubisky over Foles in the beginning.

When you use the 2nd overall pick on your QB you gotta be 100% sure you fucked up before moving on. Amazing Ryan Pace still has a job after giving Mike Glennon 45M then trading up for Trubisky.

SF should get an honorable mention sending pick 2 to the Bears for pick 3 then selecting Soloman Thomas, and the pick that netted Alvin Kamara (which they turned around and gifted to NO for magic beans), and moving back into the first for the Rueben Foster fiasco

Pretty much proving that NFL general managers don't know any more than people in this thread.

#25409 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

How many games b4 a season ending injury? It’s coming, then back to Trubisky...

#25410 3 years ago

An absolute clinic being put on by Mahomes

#25411 3 years ago

They are going to have to get really unlucky to not repeat.

#25412 3 years ago

Lololololol

Screenshot_20200928-211632~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200928-211632~2 (resized).png
#25413 3 years ago

I'm surprised at this point the Chiefs aren't starting to run more to eat up clock time.

#25414 3 years ago

All I can say is that it sucks to be an AFCW fan of a team that doesn't have Mahomes.

#25415 3 years ago

C’MON MAN...

8D9C8AA1-004C-41BF-A953-DB1FA386E6A5 (resized).jpeg8D9C8AA1-004C-41BF-A953-DB1FA386E6A5 (resized).jpeg
#25416 3 years ago

Here's a rundown of a testing example:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25417 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Here's a rundown of a testing example:

Test results are all over the place but at least they are trying to protect players.

#25418 3 years ago

The Titans are forced to shut down weekly activities - 3 players and 5 coaches testing positive. It sounds as though the Vikings will follow the same protocol having played them on Sunday.

#25419 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

So your location is Fontana, Ca. Should be a Rams fan, no? Are you a transplant from New York?

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Just watched it several times and if done on purpose it's really bad I agree. Problem is rb was still struggling for yardage and unclear if defensive player was trying to complete a tackle. Although I don't like the twisting of the rb's leg one bit I have way more issue with how the same player hit the Russell Wilson on a 2 point conversion try.

You must have not seen all the angles. It was the “gator roll” that Dallas player Trysten Hill did well after the runner was down. It’s much worse then Helmet to Helmet. It’s obviously intentional and was done to try to purposefully tear up the runners knees. The only punishment considered should be suspension for the season.

It’s the most egregious play I have seen in years.

#25420 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So your location is Fontana, Ca. Should be a Rams fan, no? Are you a transplant from New York?

You must have not seen all the angles. It was the “gator roll” that Dallas player Trysten Hill did well after the runner was down. It’s much worse then Helmet to Helmet. It’s obviously intentional and was done to try to purposefully tear up the runners knees. The only punishment considered should be suspension for the season.

I guess by your logic you should be a Chargers fan...no? I have been a Bills fan since I lost my lunch money On a bet back in the Jim Kelly days. It’s been a long tough road since then as a fan but I’m a loyal fan and never will I jump ship...unless I quit watching football completely.

#25421 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's horrible and anytime a player, regardless of what uniform tbey are in, try to hurt another player should be suspended. I'm a Cowboys fan but very appalled by this and don't want this guy ever doing this to any. Dallas should cut him and the league suspend him.

#25422 3 years ago

Are gator rolls common and if so, the league needs to look at outlawing them.

#25423 3 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Are gator rolls common...

Everything players are saying since it happened is they are not common, and people are taught not to do it; and add on it seems to be a playera 'unwritten rule."

#25424 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Didn't catxh any Steelers/Browns games last year?

#25425 3 years ago

The Titans are forced to shut down weekly activities - 3 players and 5 coaches testing positive. It sounds as though the Vikings will follow the same protocol having played them on Sunday.

Hopefully they can find a way to reschedule the Pittsburgh game. That will be tricky with different bye weeks. If they had added several byes for each team this season it would be easier to mitigate this situation.

#25426 3 years ago

Hopefully if s team can't play they forfeit. This isn't baseball, cant have make up weeks and care aboot player safety. Tough shit.

#25427 3 years ago

If Denver loses to the Jets on TNF they should put the rest of the team on IR.

Edit..new shit has come to light,man.Denver now has the best shot at the first overall pick according to Football Outsiders.With the first pick of the NFL draft the Denver Broncos select Trev....

#25428 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hopefully if s team can't play they forfeit. This isn't baseball, cant have make up weeks and care aboot player safety. Tough shit.

Depends how they determine if a team can't play. Vrabel will say Tennessee has enough players to play. It may come down to Pittsburgh and the NFLPA's willingness to face a team with a possible outbreak.

#25429 3 years ago

Coronavirus outbreaks already starting.....goodbye NFL season! Oh well, nobody watching anyways so who cares. :lol Go woke go broke!

#25430 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't catxh any Steelers/Browns games last year?

I was at the Steelers-Chargers game last year where the duck Qb led the Steelers to a win. It was a sea of black and gold.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

I guess by your logic you should be a Chargers fan...no? I have been a Bills fan since I lost my lunch money On a bet back in the Jim Kelly days. It’s been a long tough road since then as a fan but I’m a loyal fan and never will I jump ship...unless I quit watching football completely.

Why would I root for a team from San Diego when I’m from LA? I grew up a Rams fan. Watched them lose many a game to Joe Montana with their prevent defense. Wasn’t a fan when they moved to St. Louis. Now that they are back, I’m back.

I asked if you were a transplant because most people root for the team they grew up with as a kid. There are many New York and east coast transplants here, that naturally continue to root for their childhood team. Larry King is a huge Dodgers fan and used to go to almost every game. But first and foremost he was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. Damn he’s old, but I digress.

Don’t take offense, I was just curious how you became a bills fan over your home team. I imagine you are a little younger than me and didn’t grow up with an LA football team?

#25431 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Coronavirus outbreaks already starting.....goodbye NFL season! Oh well, nobody watching anyways so who cares. :lol Go woke go broke!

Try to hold it together man!

#25432 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Try to hold it together man!

The best thing for Joe Burrow is to try and get himself infected. That boy is taking a beating with that awful bengal o-line.

#25433 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was at the Steelers-Chargers game last year where the duck Qb led the Steelers to a win. It was a sea of black and gold.

I think he was referring to how chippy the Steelers/Browns matchups were. In particular, this play.

RectangularBackGoat-size_restricted.gifRectangularBackGoat-size_restricted.gif
#25434 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why would I root for a team from San Diego when I’m from LA? I grew up a Rams fan. Watched them lose many a game to Joe Montana with their prevent defense. Wasn’t a fan when they moved to St. Louis. Now that they are back, I’m back.
I asked if you were a transplant because most people root for the team they grew up with as a kid. There are many New York and east coast transplants here, that naturally continue to root for their childhood team. Larry King is a huge Dodgers fan and used to go to almost every game. But first and foremost he was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. Damn he’s old, but I digress.
Don’t take offense, I was just curious how you became a Bills fan over your home team. I imagine you are a little younger than me and didn’t grow up with an LA football team?

If you would of asked me how I became a Bills fan I would of explained it but I thought maybe you were taking a dig at my NFL loyalty. I guess all these years of my team getting no love made my skin a little tough...my apologies. FYI Rams were originally from Cleveland, OH.

#25435 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

FYI Rams were originally from Cleveland, OH.

Most west coast pro teams are originally from somewhere east. I’m not that old that I remember the Rams in Cleveland, the Lakers in Minneapolis, or the Dodgers in Brooklyn, though my dad is. Maybe that’s why he was never a big fan.

#25436 3 years ago

I think he was referring to how chippy the Steelers/Browns matchups were. In particular, this play.[quoted image]

Totally forgot about that. That qb was awful.

#25437 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Most west coast pro teams are originally from somewhere east. I’m not that old that I remember the Rams in Cleveland, the Lakers in Minneapolis, or the Dodgers in Brooklyn, though my dad is. Maybe that’s why he was never a big fan.

The rams

#25438 3 years ago

I thought they might go with those rapid results test for suspected team infection. they can test daily right up to game time. Incubation time is what makes this difficult for teams.

I agree the Bengals are going to get Burrow hurt. I said before I worried they might Klingler his ass but I bit on their BS that the OL was doing much better uuugh hard to be a fan some days. These are coaches who think Bobby Hart has potential for christ sake!

#25439 3 years ago

LOL. You picked up on that.
Fixed it for you.

#25440 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I bit on their BS that the OL was doing much better

Oldest lie in the book! I’ve heard that one a time or two in Denver.

#25441 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So which one is it? Virus not that big of a deal or will wipe out the league? Baseball seems to have made it through, and MNF ratings were actually up over last year

#25442 3 years ago

No way the NFL is stopped by the virus. Maybe some game days/times are altered......but a cancelled sesson?.....nope.

#25443 3 years ago

One way or another they’ll finish it. The problem unique to football is the high stakes of every single game. A few coronavirus weekends could throw the whole thing into chaos.

What a time to be alive!

#25444 3 years ago

I am just so glad Matt Ryan is playing Monday night, so everyone can just see how bad he is.

Just come back to this post, and give me a thumbs up every time he over throws a receiver, or just does something else stupid.

If Matt Ryan actually does anything decent at all, come back to this post and give me a thumbs down.

IF, Atlanta does beat Green Bay, I promise I will not post anything on Pinside for one hour.

I AM a fan of Denver, but I also like most any team on tv that is playing well and entertaining.

Damn I wish the Broncos had what KC has at the moment.

I always liked the Bills, I liked Jim Kelly, and my best friend lives there and goes to all the games, sucked that Jim Kelly could never get a ring.

I liked Marino, shame he never got a ring.

In my world Montana and Brady won too many rings and that ticked me of.

In my world I was fine with the Cowboys and Steelers also winning several rings.

MY favorite Super Bowl of all time was when the Broncos beat the Falcons!

My least favorite Super Bowl of all time was the only time I ever pulled for Brady, because even though I can not stand Brady, I can not stand Matt Ryan more. (that was the only time I ever was depressed watching a Super Bowl).

Anyway, at this point I hope Denver can get the #1 pick and get a certain QB.

AND, because I love to watch a great game, but if the Falcons are on that is my only choice to watch, I hope all of you that thinks Matt Ryan is so awesome will be smart enough not to bet any money on that game.

While I have never liked the Falcons, my girlfriend does.

Even she sees how stupid the media and everything is, and no one ever says a word about Matt Ryan always over throws.

I have never once pulled for the Falcons, and I never will.

#25445 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

FAKE NEWS!!!

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nfl-ratings-week-3-sunday-night-football-up-01ekdjjm3y40

#25446 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am just so glad Matt Ryan is playing Monday night, so everyone can just see how bad he is.
Just come back to this post, and give me a thumbs up every time he over throws a receiver, or just does something else stupid.
If Matt Ryan actually does anything decent at all, come back to this post and give me a thumbs down.
IF, Atlanta does beat Green Bay, I promise I will not post anything on Pinside for one hour.
I AM a fan of Denver, but I also like most any team on tv that is playing well and entertaining.
I always liked the Bills, I liked Jim Kelly, and my best friend lives there and goes to all the games, sucked that Jim Kelly could never get a ring.
In my world I was fine with the Cowboys and Steelers also winning several rings.
My least favorite Super Bowl of all time was the only time I ever pulled for Brady, because even though I can not stand Brady, I can not stand Matt Ryan more. (that was the only time I ever was depressed watching a Super Bowl).
AND, because I love to watch a great game, but if the Falcons are on that is my only choice to watch, I hope all of you that thinks Matt Ryan is so awesome will be smart enough not to bet any money on that game.
Even she sees how stupid the media and everything is, and no one ever says a word about Matt Ryan always over throws.

Jesus Christ man,

You are all over the map. Makes me wonder if I have a civic duty to inform Matt Ryan’s people that he might be in danger.

#25447 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jesus Christ man,
You are all over the map. Makes me wonder if I have a civic duty to inform Matt Ryan’s people that he might be in danger.

You just need to see what time he posts and the Natty Lights start flowing because then, so do the words. I think Matty Ice should be fine since Johnny was not fit to drive at the time.

#25448 3 years ago

So, you’re not only a member but president of the Matty Ice fan club?

#25449 3 years ago

Did you miss Broncos/Seahawks? That one was pretty fucking depressing if you’re a Denver fan.

#25450 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you miss Broncos/Seahawks? That one was pretty fucking depressing if you’re a Denver fan.

Thanks for the reminder. Now I will have to go back in therapy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/509 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.