New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57695)

Official NFL Thread

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26,179 posts
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bssbllr
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,034 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20201023-091940~2 (resized).png
2EFF70DE-5970-47A1-83AD-87BF892C0322 (resized).jpeg
F4FC6685-142A-4110-B211-F6C4FA3956A4 (resized).jpeg
248C956F-C8DA-401C-BDA4-944E0826984F (resized).jpeg
200.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201019-224126~2 (resized).png
IMG_20201019_194325131 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201019_195114269 (resized).jpg
20201019_184152~2 (resized).jpg
20201019_184143~2 (resized).jpg
0ACEE9E9-627C-4C16-938C-18B6ECDEC6A4 (resized).png
bdc0cfb1988fe281d6e90c8c9dbcba80.gif

There are 26179 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 524.
#25351 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That bengals eagles game was hilarious.
Gonna be another long season watching Washington try to play offense.

Calling it right now. Washington and Bengals will be a tie too.

#25352 26 days ago

Oh my god, at this point I’m just watching the falcons for the sheer comedy of it all.

#25353 26 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Calling it right now. Washington and Bengals will be a tie too.

Hey , the Reds started horrible and are in the playoffs. (Yeah , I know it’s not the same ).

#25354 26 days ago
Quoted from remf:

Oh my god, at this point I’m just watching the falcons for the sheer comedy of it all.

Check out what I posted before, 24670, and 25139.

Matt Ryan is a joke.

#25355 26 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hey , the Reds started horrible and are in the playoffs. (Yeah , I know it’s not the same ).

It’s not the same.

#25356 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not the same.

Thanks for the confirmation.

#25357 26 days ago
B7F4436C-D1AB-478F-8803-8AA8CA8BCAC2 (resized).jpeg
#25358 25 days ago

Gotta hand it to Foles, dude is a monster off the bench!

#25359 25 days ago

Seahawks just jumped ahead against the Cowboys, but I fully expect Dak to keep the Cowboys in the game until the end, even with the D starting to step up and finally make some plays.

#25360 25 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Seahawks just jumped ahead against the Cowboys, but I fully expect Dak to keep the Cowboys in the game until the end, even with the D starting to step up and finally make some plays.

I don't think Dallas is very good....they got lucky last week, and the way things are looking should be 0-3 after today...their lucky to have one win

#25361 25 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jeezus. Can we just give it a rest. Why make such a big deal out of that stuff? I don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape over stuff that has no effect on them. Now cmon Rams, get your shit together.

Sure when all the non football BS stops....u may like it...I guarantee u most think its total BS

#25362 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think Dallas is very good....they got lucky last week, and the way things are looking should be 0-3 after today...their lucky to have one win

The Cowboys have a very good offense, but they have TONS of injuries right now. The defense is middling at best, but they also have lots of injuries.

The play calling has been highly questionable and the schedule has been brutal thus far.

#25363 25 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Cowboys have a very good offense, but they have TONS of injuries right now. The defense is middling at best, but they also have lots of injuries.
The play calling has been highly questionable and the schedule has been brutal thus far.

I've been more focused on my Niners who missed 14 players today due to injury yet still dominated. True it was the Giants, but showed they have a lot of depth...

#25364 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've been more focused on my Niners who missed 14 players today due to injury yet still dominated. True it was the Giants, but showed they have a lot of depth...

No team has been hit harder on injuries than the 49ers. Every game will be a challenge because of it.

#25365 25 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No team has been hit harder on injuries than the 49ers. Every game will be a challenge because of it.

Its either going to be a blessing or a curse. The blessing is the back ups have to step up (like today), which creates greater depth. My hope is that they get most of these guys back before the Rams game. If they can survive the next few weeks they'll make a run at the NFC, which is really tough this year as all the teams are good.

#25366 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...14 players today due to injury yet still dominated. True it was the Giants, but...

#25367 25 days ago

Happy for the Bills fans.Looks like a good team moving forward.

#25368 25 days ago

Hoping the Cowboys pull this out....although Seahawks have Russell Wilson

#25369 25 days ago

Dallas defense can't seem to create many tos or make most stops on 3rd downs and even 4th downs in crunch time. Same true many games in past couple of seasons or so.

#25370 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sure when all the non football BS stops....u may like it...I guarantee u most think its total BS

I’m indifferent. I don’t see why it should affect me either way.

Speaking of injuries, what that Cowboys player did rolling up on the Seattle runner to purposefully try to injure him was disgracefull. Should be suspended for the season.

#25371 25 days ago

The NFC East looks like the worse division again.

#25372 25 days ago

Pete Carroll taking the penalty...uff.

#25373 25 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pete Carroll taking the penalty...uff.

Strange but probably not huge.

#25374 25 days ago

Watching the Cowboys triggers my PTSD.

#25375 25 days ago

Nice moves Dak, followed up by quadruple coverage not so much

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

...triggers my PTSD.

Korea?

#25376 25 days ago

Another huge pasisng yard day by Dak wasted again. Dallas so mediocre past few seasons and once again this year. Please no excuses by Cowboys fans as I'm sick of it year after year.

#25377 25 days ago

Dallas cruising toward a division win at 8-8 and a first round playoff loss as usual.

The NFC East will be good again one day. That day won’t be this season.

#25378 25 days ago

Seattle

#25379 25 days ago

7-9 might be good enough this year to win the NFC East unless Philly starts winning, which they might.

#25380 25 days ago
tenor (16).gif
#25382 25 days ago
Quoted from Astill:

the refs really love the packers.

That talk of PI on Lewis's td was a complete joke. Dude gave up before 89 ever even made a jump at it. No part of that was OPI.

#25383 25 days ago

Nobody is watching this great game between 2 of the top teams?!

Crowd noise is the 13th man on the field. (Refs are the 12th)

#25384 25 days ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Nobody is watching this great game between 2 of the top teams?!
Crowd noise is the 13th man on the field. (Refs are the 12th)

I have a vested interest, with the starting running back on both teams representing my 2 fantasy teams

Also...GREAT football

#25385 25 days ago

Love the way the MLF offense looks in year 2. Rodgers seems to have bought in and is getting the ball out on time (my biggest critique of him in other years).

Watching McCarthy do his same old thing with DAL has really brought a nice bit of perspective. I'm glad we're away from that. I was afraid to move on because of the time it takes to solidify a transition, but 20+ games in, it was worth it.

#25386 25 days ago
Quoted from Astill:

the refs really love the packers.

As a Packer fan I have to agree. They helped us this time around.

#25387 25 days ago

We were pulling for Green Bay tonight, and we are pulling for Green Bay next week also.

#25389 25 days ago

Should be a great one tonight ! I got the Ravens.

#25390 25 days ago

I like Ravens as well.

#25391 25 days ago

Man, I wish the Broncos game was on tv....

Screenshot_20200928-075856 (resized).png
#25392 25 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Horrible defense by the Rams that last drive. Ridiculous PI call against the Rams. All that work on a comeback stolen away.

Looked like a make up call for the bogus interception that never happened.

#25393 25 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man, I wish the Broncos game was on tv....

Wasn’t much of a game.

#25394 25 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m indifferent. I don’t see why it should affect me either way.
Speaking of injuries, what that Cowboys player did rolling up on the Seattle runner to purposefully try to injure him was disgracefull. Should be suspended for the season.

He better be suspended for the rest of the season, that’s one of the dirtiest plays I’ve ever seen. The “gator roll” is only done to injure a guys knee. Just when I thought I couldn’t hate the Cowboys anymore.

#25395 25 days ago

That PI call against the Rams was pretty bad as it could have been called either way but, what really killed them was letting Buffalo convert on a 3rd and 22...

#25396 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That PI call against the Rams was pretty bad as it could have been called either way but, what really killed them was letting Buffalo convert on a 3rd and 22...

Rams got a gift when Kroft's catch was "intercepted". Utter bs.

#25397 25 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rams got a gift when Kroft's catch was "intercepted". Utter bs.

Yea theres a lot of plays that happen throughout the game that are questionable...unfortunately the PI was at the end, and now everyone is talking about it. If that happened in the first quarter nobody would care.

#25398 25 days ago

I just find it amazingly ridiculous that there are so many bad calls still happening with all the redundancy in place to prevent it from occurring.

#25399 25 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I just find it amazingly ridiculous that there are so many bad calls still happening with all the redundancy in place to prevent it from occurring.

Completely agree especially when almost immediately after the play and during replay before another play is run a rules official can come on and explain what the call should be and why. But that has no effect on getting the call correct.

#25400 25 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree and disagree.... The challenge is the gamespeed and the evolution of a passing league. Everything happens so quickly, and the expectation is a call is made. Once they make that call in real time, they have to have evidence showing otherwise. A lot of the evidence presented is definitely gray area, so usually the call stands. The other factor that is a challenge is that on top of that speed, there is a lot of acting going on to draw a call. It can be really hard to decipher how much of what we are seeing is actual physical motion, and acting. These guys will do anything to draw a call. That being said, there are a few calls that get missed during a replay that definitely should be overturned.

Some of the shine of the NFL started wearing off for me a few years ago when rule changes were made to make the NFL a QB/passing league. The two biggest issues for me in this style league are the 4,000 defensive holding calls they let go every game (look around the field, and you will always find a receiver being held onto), and the second being every single player looking at the refs looking for a call after every pass play. I just get tired of the constant look to a referee for a play's outcome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, CO
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Porte, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 19.95
There are 26179 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 524.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside