New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57695)

Official NFL Thread

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26,151 posts - Hot topic!
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,033 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2EFF70DE-5970-47A1-83AD-87BF892C0322 (resized).jpeg
F4FC6685-142A-4110-B211-F6C4FA3956A4 (resized).jpeg
248C956F-C8DA-401C-BDA4-944E0826984F (resized).jpeg
200.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201019-224126~2 (resized).png
IMG_20201019_194325131 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201019_195114269 (resized).jpg
20201019_184152~2 (resized).jpg
20201019_184143~2 (resized).jpg
0ACEE9E9-627C-4C16-938C-18B6ECDEC6A4 (resized).png
bdc0cfb1988fe281d6e90c8c9dbcba80.gif
DpQ9YJl (resized).png

There are 26151 posts in this topic. You are on page 502 of 524.
#25051 34 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He was knocked down nine times tonight. That will make every NFL QB a little trigger happy.

Well we can assume it will he the same for the next 5 years probably so...good luck with that.

#25052 34 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we can assume it will he the same for the next 5 years probably so...good luck with that.

It's crazy... They thought Dalton was the problem, but he got the same garbage time stats as Burrow in only 50 throws. He was far more efficient.... Lol

#25053 34 days ago

I had to work last nite so i couldn't watch......darn! Sounds like Burrow is doing great considering he's a rookie with a shitty O line in front of him. He’s got a long season ahead of him because the Bengals have a pretty rough schedule. I just hope that he can survive the season. Too bad he didn't play during the Marvin Lewis era when the Bengals had good teams. He would have won a SB With offense that Dalton had I guarantee it.

#25054 34 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It's crazy... They thought Dalton was the problem, but he got the same garbage time stats as Burrow in only 50 throws. He was far more efficient.... Lol

Who said Dalton was the problem? Dalton only was the problem in prime time and playoffs and proved it over and over for 6 solid years.

The Bengals wasted their window while they had a top Defense and great O line.

Now they are back to square one in almost every phase of the game. Isn’t going to be fixed over night. Takes years for organizations like theirs unfortunately.

#25055 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who said Dalton was the problem? Dalton only was the problem in prime time and playoffs and proved it over and over for 6 solid years.
The Bengals wasted their window while they had a top Defense and great O line.
Now they are back to square one in almost every phase of the game. Isn’t going to be fixed over night. Takes years for organizations like theirs unfortunately.

What is your take on the defense? They looked amazing last week, but maybe the Chargers are just really bad? I know you cant look to much into 1 week in the NFL season, but the Ravens defense isnt exactly setting the world on fire, and they held Cleveland to 6. On the flip side Cleveland has given up 68 points in 2 games.

#25056 34 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Dalton wasnt the problem, but I wouldnt get hung up on number of throws. Dalton couldnt throw the ball with ANY sort of accuracy down field. If you move the ball short passes are more demoralizing to defenses than the occasional bomb.

#25057 34 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

What is your take on the defense? They looked amazing last week,

Did they? I thought they looked adequate against a team that is probably worse than the Bengals. Haha.

We shall see if this week was an outlier, but I’m not confident at all in this group even with all the money they spent to improve it.

Also the Ravens were a top 5 defense last year. Pittsburgh was 5/6 in defense as well. I’m very concerned Burrow is going to die in those games. They have to start running a lot more to help protect Burrow.

#25058 34 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Dalton wasnt the problem, but I wouldnt get hung up on number of throws. Dalton couldnt throw the ball with ANY sort of accuracy down field. If you move the ball short passes are more demoralizing to defenses than the occasional bomb.

Daltons physical skill set was more than good enough to win a championship. His intangibles during prime time and the playoffs are what were extremely lacking. He was never able to put a team on his back and take them to the ship.

#25059 34 days ago

The defense is missing a few of the interior lineman so I expect in the next couple wks for the defense to improve in stopping the run. The whole right side of the OL is complete trash and needs to go starting with B. Hart.

#25060 34 days ago

I wonder if the OL can do better if they consistently use an extra TE and or Gio to keep Joe on his feet. They have to do something to keep him upright or else he’s gonna die. Haha

#25061 34 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I had to work last nite so i couldn't watch......darn! Sounds like Burrow is doing great considering he's a rookie with a shitty O line in front of him. He’s got a long season ahead of him because the Bengals have a pretty rough schedule. I just hope that he can survive the season. Too bad he didn't play during the Marvin Lewis era when the Bengals had good teams. He would have won a SB With offense that Dalton had I guarantee it.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wonder if the OL can do better if they consistently use an extra TE and or Gio to keep Joe on his feet. They have to do something to keep him upright or else he’s gonna die. Haha

They just don't seem to be using Mixon enough. They are getting in long down and distance situations because of dumb penalties and poor play when they could be in much better shape by using one of the best backs in the league.
Who forgets to use their best player???!! The Bengals, that's who.

#25062 34 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Who forgets to use their best player???!! The Bengals, that's who.

They due tend to move away from the run too quickly. But to be fair they did use him a bunch in the passing game last night when they typically don’t.

Also to be fair, almost every run he was hit in the backfield. He is amazing though and almost always still gets 3-5 even if he’s hit in the backfield.

I haven’t been very impressed with this new coaching staff to say the least. Haha

#25063 34 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love ya man, but do you really guarantee it I think you found a great QB if he doesn't get killed first....

#25064 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who said Dalton was the problem?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dalton only was the problem in prime time and playoffs and proved it over and over for 6 solid years.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Dalton wasnt the problem

Quoted from jandrea95:

Dalton couldnt throw the ball with ANY sort of accuracy down field.

#25065 34 days ago

Now the question is, will the Bengals keep the #1 pick or trade to someone wanting Joey Lawrence?

#25066 34 days ago

Meant overall the past few seasons, not in very specific situations which is what I’m talking about. He didn’t have the intangibles to get them through important games.

He threw a great deep ball.

#25067 34 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Now the question is, will the Bengals keep the #1 pick or trade to someone wanting Joey Lawrence?

Trade 100%.

#25068 34 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'd trade the pick and get offense, and defensive line help....clearly they are lacking in both those areas....games in the NFL are always won or lost on the offense and defense lines.

#25069 34 days ago

The beginning of the end for Daltons Bengals is when they let their two best OL go in free agency to allow two second year players to take their place. Neither player was worth a damn and they are still recovering from it.

The D line aged quicker than they could get good young talent in there.

If multiple first rounders don’t work out for a few years, you’re team is screwed for a while.

The bengals have had pretty bad drafts for the past 5-6 years when the previous 5-6 were great.

#25070 34 days ago

When the Bengals were going to the playoffs Andy Dalton WAS the problem because he sucks. I truly believe that a good QB would have put at least one of those teams in the SB.

#25071 34 days ago

Burrow was 5 for 5 on 4th down last night. That is pretty impressive for a rookie in a spotlight game.Bengals defense let him down at the end. Hopefully that confidence doesn’t get beaten out of him. He’s got to keep his chin up for a few years until the Bungles get him a little more protection.

Looking forward to Rams and Philly. Eagles will want to bounce back after such a poor performance last week. Should be a close game with the Rams having to go to the east coast. Still, I predict Colson will be crying over his bbq this Sunday watching his team go 0-2.

#25072 34 days ago

Does anyone else think the Rams new logo looks like crap? Every time I see it I think it really couldn't be any worse. How did that get approved?

If they had just gone with the ram that was on the fifty yard line it would've been 100% better.

#25073 34 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Does anyone else think the Rams new logo looks like crap?

It’s awful. But I do like the new uniforms outside of the helmet. Their new stadium looks amazing too.

#25074 34 days ago

I don't know why the Rams have always struggled with their logo. It's a recognizable animal... yet they pulled a Browns and had their own helmets serve as their logo for a number of years.

It's a little too modern and overly stylized, but it's at least pretty simple. You need to have something kids can doodle on their notebooks, but doesn't look like something from an arena team. I feel like they went to fiverr for this one.

#25075 34 days ago

Keep in mind that the Bengals have 2 interior linemen out that are the run stoppers and when and if they return the D should improve.

#25076 34 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Burrow was 5 for 5 on 4th down last night. That is pretty impressive for a rookie in a spotlight game.Bengals defense let him down at the end. Hopefully that confidence doesn’t get beaten out of him. He’s got to keep his chin up for a few years until the Bungles get him a little more protection.

Looking forward to Rams and Philly. Eagles will want to bounce back after such a poor performance last week. Should be a close game with the Rams having to go to the east coast. Still, I predict Colson will be crying over his bbq this Sunday watching his team go 0-2.

I don't know why the Bengals won't address the right side of the OL that's what getting Burrows hit so much just like Dalton when he was here. D line should improve when we get Atkins and 2 other interior linemen back I hope.

#25077 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Their new stadium looks amazing too.

The new stadium is great looking but I've only gotten to see the outside I bet it looks really nice inside, be nice to stand on the field and soak it all in.

#25078 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s awful. But I do like the new uniforms outside of the helmet. Their new stadium looks amazing too.

The new logo almost looks like it has a hidden lightning bolt in it with that little break in the horns. Seeing as how they have to share a stadium with the San Diego interlopers, it is a bad look. They need to change the helmets back.

I go to at least 1 Rams game every year. Was looking forward to seeing the stadium when they play the Seahawks this year. Not going to happen until next year unfortunately.

#25079 33 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't know why the Bengals won't address the right side of the OL that's what getting Burrows hit so much just like Dalton when he was here. D line should improve when we get Atkins and 2 other interior linemen back I hope.

Should have let old man Green walk and used that $18M on beef

#25080 33 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

I love AJ Greene as a player and a person but I have to agree with this.

#25081 33 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

They had plenty of money outside of AJ’s tag for beef. They doubled down on backing the current O line for some dumb reason.

#25082 33 days ago
Screenshot_20200918-214215_Chrome (resized).jpg
#25083 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They had plenty of money outside of AJ’s tag for beef. They doubled down on backing the current O line for some dumb reason.

yeah and I was a bit snarky. Green's weird deal could have maybe got one decent OL but only on a one year rental. Still I would not have considered Green. The unused cap dollars carry over so its a two year mistake.

#25084 33 days ago

I’m one of the few that thinks he has plenty left, I just worry about the durability. If he plays 16 games this year, I bet he’s a top ten WR.

#25085 33 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

yeah and I was a bit snarky. Green's weird deal could have maybe got one decent OL but only on a one year rental. Still I would not have considered Green. The unused cap dollars carry over so its a two year mistake.

They could have gotten Bulaga from us. He was in a contract year, but it's easier to sign someone in house while you have 6 months to work on them than try and fight for attention on the FA market.

That would have worked out for both of us... damn.

Edit: Meh, I take it back. It sounds good now since Bulaga is gone, but we wouldn't have traded him midyear for an injured player.

#25086 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m one of the few that thinks he has plenty left, I just worry about the durability. If he plays 16 games this year, I bet he’s a top ten WR.

I agree, Green will start to hit his true stride by the 5th-6th game, remember he's 2yrs removed from the field so he has some rust just yet. The true waste of money is on Bobby (the bust) Hart and his troop of clowns he leads over the right side of the line.

#25087 33 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

The true waste of money is on Bobby (the bust) Hart

He will be fine, he's just gotta knock the rust off Russ.

#25088 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree, but saying "if he plays 16 games" is pretty damn optimistic. Love Green, but hes been a glass cannon his entire career, and isnt any younger.

This is a shitty thing for a fan to say, but let me throw this out there. Lets say the Bengals start 0-6, Burrow keeps getting hit, and no signs of improvement on the line, defense, etc... what do you do? I would trade Green if still healthy for whatever I can get from a playoff contender as a rental receiver, bench Burrow because whats the point, tank like no other in an attempt to get #1 pick again, trade down and load up on necessities.

Itll sting for a year or 2, but we could end up with a very solid team for years to come. I just feel as if we remain status quo Burrow is going to be ruined, and we will have kept Green to maybe win 4-5 games.

#25089 33 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Agree, but saying "if he plays 16 games" is pretty damn optimistic. Love Green, but hes been a glass cannon his entire career, and isnt any younger.
This is a shitty thing for a fan to say, but let me throw this out there. Lets say the Bengals start 0-6, Burrow keeps getting hit, and no signs of improvement on the line, defense, etc... what do you do? I would trade Green if still healthy for whatever I can get from a playoff contender as a rental receiver, bench Burrow because whats the point, tank like no other in an attempt to get #1 pick again, trade down and load up on necessities.
Itll sting for a year or 2, but we could end up with a very solid team for years to come. I just feel as if we remain status quo Burrow is going to be ruined, and we will have kept Green to maybe win 4-5 games.

If we get the #1 pick again (and we might) i say we pick Trevor Lawrence for a backup in case Burrow gets killed.

#25090 33 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If we get the #1 pick again (and we might) i say we pick Trevor Lawrence for a backup in case Burrow gets killed.

The hits just keep coming! Haha.

#25091 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The hits just keep coming! Haha.

I'm worried about him for real. Hes running for his life looks like. He's got to be thinking to himself....."what the hell have I got myself into" lol. Hes probably enjoying the paychecks though I bet.

#25092 33 days ago

If the Bengals even give me the impression they are tanking purposely I will no longer be a fan and I've been one since '68. Should they lose 6 in a row I would never bench Burrows it does him no good nor the team. Cincinnati can address frontline problems just by replacing Bobby Hart and Billy Price or switch Price with Trey Hopkins at center and let the backups rotate Harts position. Price was drafted as a center out of OSU not ideal but will work, Hopkins is actually better at both positions than Price. Either way Price and Hart should not be in Cincinnati come training camp next season. I'd like to say just run over the left side but opposing DE's run over Hart and Price so effortlessly that the play can't develop and the RB gets hit behind the line. Only long term solution is to trade (good luck with that) or out right release them hopefully before end of season.

Oh and I hope one of the other coaches have the nuts to tell Taylor he sucks as a play caller and should hire a offensive coordinator to do it.

Okay got some of the bad taste from bile watching our offensive line so I'll shut up. I'm just extremely disappointed that they (our coaches) could see any upside in those players and failed to address it.

#25093 32 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

If the Bengals even give me the impression they are tanking purposely I will no longer be a fan

With the schedule that they have Russ I dont think you're going to have to worry about that. They are going up against some good quality opponents.

#25094 32 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With the schedule that they have Russ I dont think you're going to have to worry about that. They are going up against some good quality opponents.

I'm good with the schedule but I expect progress and it starts with the right side of the OL. The defense will fare much better against the run and free up the LB's when our interior linemen are back. The loss of TE doesn't help our offense but if they'd just give Burrows average protection he could overcome that loss easily.

#25095 32 days ago

61 passes for Burrow?!

They trying to andrew luck this kid? His arm is gonna fall off if that’s his stat line every week.

#25096 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They trying to andrew luck this kid? His arm is gonna fall off if that’s his stat line every week.

Shit I'm worried they're going to David Klingler him the way things are going. He's going to get busted up before game 6 at this rate, they need to wake up and cut loose the dead weight, trade, FA, bring up backups just do something to improve this kids chances.

#25097 32 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

... He's going to get busted up before game 6 at this rate, they need to wake up and cut loose the dead weight, trade, FA, bring up backups just do something to improve this kids chances.

This is nothing new...they/we always knewm this was going to happen.

#25098 32 days ago

I read an article once that laid out how HCs usually get fired after their QBs get injured. But in particular first time coaches can almost never survive that. Then if they get a second chance they treat protection far differently.

#25099 32 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

HCs usually get fired after their QBs get injured. But in particular first time coaches can almost never survive that. Then if they get a second chance they treat protection far differently.

Luckily the NFL has a fantastic revolving door for coaches, so they’re like to get one or more additional bites at the apple, potentially long after that poor QB they failed to protect the first time around is out of the league.

#25100 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

61 passes for Burrow?!

That’s exactly who I was thinking of. Luck could have been one of the best ever if he was put in a better situation. Watching him at Stanford, he looked like the best prospect coming out of college since Elway. Maybe ever. Unfortunately when you’re that good, coaches figure you can handle playing with shitty pass protection, so they spend all their resources elsewhere.

On a different note, it’s almost time to watch the Rams take down that team Colson likes. And if the football gods are smiling down on me, the (Edit: I meant Jets) will upset the injury riddled 49ers. Then hopefully that Washington team can take care of business as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Porte, IN
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Boards
PinSound
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
There are 26151 posts in this topic. You are on page 502 of 524.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside