pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

6,409 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 4 of 26.
#12179 5 years ago

Well Andy Reid was dumb to challenge that catch from before.

#12181 5 years ago

Awful defense...come on berry.
Jesus let them score allready

#12183 5 years ago

Say what you want, but his face mask was hit.
Clearly

It was offsides on that play

#12188 5 years ago

How long does it take for Brady to wrap this up?

#12191 5 years ago

Aboot 4.5 minutes it seems

No doubt Brady get more calls but he was actually hit in the face mask this time when Mahomes wasn't.

#12192 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Should have gone down at the 1 bro

Thats what I'll Remeber the most!

#12197 5 years ago

Good games for sure but that No was ruined by the non call.
Luckily the Chiefs got off their asses in the 2nd half.

#12264 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When did it become 2024? Math is not your strong suit.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Moving on isn’t really dirtbag’s thing.
He’s still mad about the bears cutting his brother 25 years ago.

My favorite part is his insistence that we all know when his brother played or retired and Thats why were getting the date wrong.

#12279 5 years ago

It's called a home field advantage. Seattles Stadium is set up that way too... No bug whoop

Saints no call directly caused them to lose the game. If you don't see the difference between an earlier call, then you're in dirtbag Land.

#12282 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now how is that not cheating?

Because it's a sport played in front of 50+k people... It's assumed it will be loud.
It's also assumed to be louder against the visiting team. It's the same advantage every home team has in the league and always has.
If the rams aren't smart enough to work out hand signals for audible, like every team in the league, then that's on them.

#12296 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

. There is a big difference between cheering for your team, and yelling and screaming as directed by a coach who illegally gave money to players to injure the other team so they could win.

Jesus.

#12298 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

However the missed PI in NO game was overly obvious.

Right it's not a missed PI that's the issue, it's the fact it was so obvious. He just leveled the guy and the ball was still 10 feet away from him. It's not a ticky tack play that you can argue they were both hand fighting or something like that.

#12301 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It must really suck cheering for a group of cheaters.

It must have been tough not for your brother when he played for Dallas.

#12310 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I saw both games. KC crowd wasn't anywhere near as loud.

"The crowd was historically loud during the Chiefs victory over the New England Patriots, breaking the world record for crowd noise. "
That place has always been loud.

#12312 5 years ago

Damn I don't even think Godell was at both games!

#12319 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

They had one hell of a second half. I think NE got lucky.

NE got lucky by completely shutting the mahomes and they entire offense down. If KC was ready to play they would have had a damn good chance. Besides that one big pass, that led to no points because Mahomes ate a bad sack, didn't they have like negative yardage? Horrible.

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

God, you are so dillusional it's almost alarming. "Crowd noise is cheating" wah wah wah wah cry baby. Get a life lol

I'll give him credit, all the crazy ass fans of all sports, I've never once heard that argument. Is so singularly insane beyond any measurable metric it's admirable.

#12327 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

For any Chiefs fans out there, Bob Sutton has been fired! 2 years to late in my opinion!

Haha... The most obvious firing this year.

#12330 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somebody had to go.

Yeah I guess the worst D coordinator in the league was good choice.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The thing I kept wondering, if Romo knows that, why don't the LBs?

Because he's smarter, they all have CTE, and he's seeing if from videa game vantage point.

#12333 5 years ago

I guess that's why he doesn't have a job.

I guess that's why just aboot everyone he's faced doesn't have a job anymore. The problem is there isn't much you can do. He has the best O-line in the league, when he wants a yard he'll get it. Knowing what they are gonna do doesn't mean you can stop it; not to mention all the other shit at game level that goes on...which none of us can even imagine unless you've played.

Ha...NYT 2015
"A Tom Brady Sneak Is the Patriots’ Unstoppable Play"

#12336 5 years ago

That's something the Chiefs really failed at in the end. They had 3m left, I don't recall the down, but Mahomes goes deep to Hill in the EZ in double coverage. If Hill doesn't manage to play decent defense, the game ends there. They score soon after anyway, and allow the Pats with plenty of time to move the ball down the field.

They failed a few times, getting the TD too early as I've already said was one.
But yeah I remember that play because it was fucking stupid, because offensive powerhouse teams are stupid by nature; as proven by the Rams KC game which was the worst coached ending to a game since...I don't know pick a lions game. You can't leave Brady with any time on the clock...that's like NFL rule #1.
I think I've seen Brady fail to win the game at the end 1 time in my life, at the end of least year SB.

#12339 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

If only Dee Ford would not have drawn the penalty for the neutral zone infraction...

The guy has 1 job to do and it's not line up offsides....and he was waaaay off. WTF.

#12344 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The Patriots don't even have a DC.

Somewhat misleading as Bellicheck has always been the D coach.
I mean I agree that it comes form the top and quite frankly Reid should have fired the guy long ago.

#12351 5 years ago

Get real guys, the Saints should be in the superbowl, it's completely obvious.
The only thing dumber thab the whole "all blown calls are the same" is "football is wacky anything could have happened."
No. They call that Brees downs the ball the game is over. It's just that simple.
It's nothing like Ashlon Jeffrey's drop which there are a million things could have happened after; this game was over.

Now, I'm the only reason I'm bringing it up is because it was brought up I won't be shaming the rams whilst watching the SB or anything, but come on its a total hose job.

#12354 5 years ago

Give me a break Deacon, that's such a garbagy straw man argument.
This slow motion reply argument is piss poor. Did you know it was a PI before the replay? Because everyone else in the world did.
If you were looking at it from the refs angle from the licensing e of scrimmage it would be even worse, because the ball would be clearly behind the defender.

Again, I like both teams and don't bleed gold and po boys, but just call it what it is.
I hate the cowboys and they got screwed by the Dez catch... It's just obvious.

#12357 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

People here at work are saying that if we lose to the Rams its BS.

Weak sauce.

#12361 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not downplaying that missed call but that ball was not going to be completed imo ...

WTF does that have to do with anything?

That angle does make it look worse than it was, especially when you slow it down x1000.

So I'm asking you, when they play happened did you originally think "Hmm, that's a close one, need to see the replay" or did you say "that's PI."
You keep talking aboot the replay, none of us needed the replay or slo mo to know instantly it's a penalty.

#12362 5 years ago

“Oh, hell yeah, that was PI,” Robey-Coleman told the Washington Post. “I just know I got there before the ball got there. And I whacked his (expletive).”

This is why Robey-Coleman is my new fave player. Own that shit....awesome.

#12365 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

You have to give him credit for honesty.....

It's totally old school.

#12368 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The old Megatron rule.

He's joking of course because he's a packers fan

As a Steelers fan I immediately knew James catch wouldn't count. To me it's diff'rent than Dez's catch who takes steps and then puts the ball down and then it comes out.

#12377 5 years ago

Every Pats SB spread should be them by 3 points.

Do the Rams have fans at all anyway? It'll be worse than PIT vs SEA in XL.

#12380 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But then you have the Edelman muff punt which (IDK) that was really close could have gone either way to my eyes and they reversed the call.

One thing I've been complaining aboot for a decade (that I actually saw ONCE) is not switching cams during a review. (Oh jesus he he goes again...I know)

Why did you have to watch 8 replays back to back of edelman's punt situation? Why did we all have to hear things like "well at around this time at this angle it looks like his thumb touched it, but the other angle it's too far to the left..."

The cameras are all synced, if you're looking at cam A and it kind of looks like it's touching his thumb, you can switch to cam B at the very point to see if it's actually not touching him. This wouldn't work in every case of course, but it would work in a high number of them.
Every single week we sit through diff'rent camera angles of someone fumbling. "Was his knee down there? form the other angle you can see the ball come out here but I don't know...." Just freeze it, & switch the fucking replay cam.

#12381 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what the heck is going on with Todd Gurley? It's like some Bizzaro world version of him lately.

He's injured.

#12407 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anyway, same spiel diff'rent year for the pro Bowl. The whole point of it is a silly meaningless methadone game after the season is over to look back and curb the cravings. Moving it in front of the SB as always the dumbest idea.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy?

If he dies of cancer they should; They obviously cant do it whilst he's still alive.

#12413 5 years ago

I think you missed my point.

#12491 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ps I'm a Bengal fan so I hate everyone!!!!

But yourself the most

#12495 5 years ago

OK....how aboot 27-24 Pats.

#12519 5 years ago

I love some Defensive action but that was piss poor offense from both sides. But god damn 3 points? With Chung out that much? I knew not to trust a young QB against Bellicheck but wow that was a woopin. Gotta be the worst Qb'ing I've seen in a SB?

Goats getting goatier.

EDIT: I don't know whom Rams backup Qb is but I think i should have seen him around half way through the 3rd.

#12527 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I thought Goff looked starry eyed in the pregame shots of him.

I think he looked drunk. I think the shot they were going to give Gurley's knee accidentally made it in Goff's neck.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still I've seen far worse Super Bowls surprised to see all the grousing. Remember the 80s when ever single SB was a blowout?

It's a boring vs interesting situation. Those 80 & early 90s were all blowouts but they had great plays that are still remembered today; This thing was a total shit show. Close for the whole game but it wasn't so much tough defensive play both Qbs were just throwing shit in the dirt or whatever the fuck Goff was doing.
All I could think Was Balt NYG 2001...and at least that Defense was a beast.
This should easily go top 3 worst easily (that anyone currently remembers).

#12556 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The K man, nice. It is actually a great commercial.

Big sex I the city fan eh?

Quoted from DaveH:

I’m not buying that Super Bowl Championship hat. Yuck. Did Roger Goodell design that as a delayed punishment against the Pats for winning so much? ]

Yeah light Grey on white? It fits the game I guess.

#12603 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I bet Brady gets a lifetime supply of Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese now that he won...

Wrong Kraft

#12613 5 years ago

I'll check out all the new leagues for a hot minute. I won't build my day around it, and it will quickly vacate any interest, but I'll look for some cool things for the NFL to steal from them.

CFL is so much better in many ways... I'd love to see NFL caliber players play with their rules /field. Multiple men in motion towards the line...fantastic.

#12628 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

First time in years I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl.

Yeah ratings were way down....but that will happen with LA back in the mix.

#12635 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What position do you play? Or are you an assistant coach? Front office, perhaps?

I think he can actually say it cause I think his brother played for the team 29 years ago or something. We all forget the details since no one gives a shit.

#12639 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bury this shitshow. We can go here because we are sick of reading about the Patriots and their shenanigans.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread#post-4826829

Sorry I gotta disagree there. Gotta kick all the NFL talk to Centerflank's OG 5 year old thread; tradition man! eXpecially for getting away from the Pats stuff

Quoted from dirtbag66:

....yet you keep bringing it up.
Interesting.

Your social awkwardness is kind of the only interesting thing aboot you, there isn't much else to bring up other than the bandwagon thing which Levi usually takes care of.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh, and I forgot to ask:
What did your wife's son think of the Superbowl? Was he entertained?

If she's got a son she does a good job hiding him from me; which I would appreciate anyway.

#12641 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did your boys never learn how to swim? I get ya. No shame, buddy.

They swam into her egg and made a daughter.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

What's your address? I'll send you some Gillette razors.

Been lasered for years.

#12643 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You sure they were yours?

Sadly yes, couldn't hold out forever, the party had to end at some point.

#12646 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay, I've been told to lay off you. So I will adhere to their wishes. Some people can only take so much, I guess.
How 'bout them 2019 Steelers?

No problem from my end of course.

Steelers...no idea. I think Conner can do a decent job and wont wear down so much but the end of the season.
No idea if JuJu has #1 capabilities or if we have to find out.
Brown trade is the big question...SF gotta cough up the #2 pick to do it but hey some teams apprently don't like it when you push Women to the ground so he may have just assigned himself to the bench all year. I really want to trade him to SF though so he can see what the other side is like.

Like a lot of these teams it's coming to an end shortly, there was a long window but without a big QB you only have so much of a chance, and Rothlisburger only has a couple years left. Every old QB team has a short time left....even Bellicheck would take a couple years to reload when Brady goes.

#12649 5 years ago

I like this one better. So much history. So much salt. So much hope. So many crushed dreams.

Well let's start the movement then. I'm with you

#12651 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Why do Pats fans have to be such sore winners?

Has nothing to do with ESPN; they're the top dog and people don't like top dogs.
It's a vicious cycle. How much shit did anyone have to say aboot the Pats after the first 1 or 2 SBs? Not much.
Then they they were clearly the best team and everyone got sick of them, throw in some shit like spygate and it fuels the fire.
Pats fans are fucking annoying, just like anyone's fans are annoying. THey're just more annoying because they receive more shit than anyone else.
The bottom line is, they win more than anyone else, and when cornered with a bunch of negativity towards them thee only response left is they win more. Which is true, and its the reason you hate them in the first place.

Around and around. Gotta hand it to them, they thrive on it. That's why they're always the underdog even when they're favored; genius.

Quoted from henrydwh:

How about starting clubs like we have for machines, but with teams? You could have general NFL talk here and fans of their respective teams can go talk it up in their Steelers club or their Patriots club or whatever! Just a thought. I have thick skin... so let the insults begin!

Ha...it just wont work. Sports talk without talking shit aboot other teams just does not exist on earth. It would be super boring and no one would care.

#12653 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Raider fans!

Raider Fans?!? Do they even exist still? ahahahahaa!!!

#12655 5 years ago

I don;t think anyone could see it being as bad as it was. But they got a shitload of picks...but can they cash them in is the question.

#12659 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was already washed up when the Bucs fired him.

Ah, you mean after he won the SB with Dungy's team and amazing defense?

#12708 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

No chance this doesn't succeed

Haha.
There you have it, done deal!

#12718 5 years ago

Wow Browns signing Hunt... Man they are actually gonna turn this thing around. Top move for Jack shit. Well played

1 week later
#12727 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If this was any other owner it would be a minor story.

Absolutely 10000% not true in anyway shape or form; cut the bullshit.
Now, Obviously whom gives a shit, a quick HJ no harm in that what so ever...but lets skip the "pats agaisnt the world" routine here.
Anytime any billionaire gets arrested it's news.

#12731 5 years ago

Even worse, I think it's a fucking set up. Whats the other big headline today?
"Kraft Heinz posts huge loss, slashes dividend and reveals SEC investigation.."

Kraft hookers and Hienz catsup....ummm hello?!?! Fucking NFC plot or that Irsay Colts owner guy that got caught again with a briefcase full of cash and a ton of pills is behind it. Oh wait we never heard aboot that one I forgot

#12747 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I can't understand why someone with his money would have to resort to something illegal like this. ...

Dude have you ever had a Florida HJ? It's worth it

#12755 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So will the NFL kick him out of the league like the MLB did to Marge Schott?

No, HJs aren't nowhere near as bad as being a racist hillbilly

#12757 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres a lot of people who would view what he did as very bad. Its also an embarrassment to the league and the NFL here lately has been trying to clean up its image and now we have a owner soliciting prostitutes. They ousted Rick Patino for it also!

Sure lots of people would view it as bad, but none of them are owners of NFL teams. What they are "trying to clean up" is racist looking shit, and they pretty much admitted to everything so not much to say there.
The little magician Ricky Patino was a college coach that has all diff'rent rules.

#12759 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TThey dont want their players getting DUI’s or abusing women, getting into fights, making it rain at strip clubsetc.

Ahhhh fair fair, good points.

#12767 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's supposedly on video.
But do we all want to see it?!

We don't know the details right now so I'm not crossing anything of my to do list. I mean seriously, what if he made the chica wear his SB rings?

Hey wait...didn;t Putin sneak off with one?

#12774 5 years ago

I'm disappointed that no one's come up with a deflated balls joke yet.

Bro, low hanging fruit

plums

#12787 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

... of a successful, dominating team with so many wins under their belt be so bitter and have so much to complain about constantly.

Red Sox?

#12804 5 years ago

I can see the Bengels working this one out now.
"Hey remember that Brady & Terrell Davis were both 6th round picks so maybe we just load up there?"

#12809 5 years ago

No need to worry aboot CTE I don't think there's anything left to damage.
But seriously Jerry pulls you in, flashes some Arkansas cash, tells you you suck at announcing and that he wants you to play for a year and then roll you into coaching gigs for the next 30 years.

Easy choice.

#12812 5 years ago

How good or bad can a TE coach be? Because Jason garret is the worst coach in the league and Jerry won't fire him. Whats the life expectancy of a MNF host these days... 2-3 years?

#12832 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

But you could be that guy they cut to after the Packers' pick, pointing at your #12 jersey and yelling something unintelligible! You could be THAT GUY!!

Probably told this story before But I tuned into the draft, like 15 years ago (in NY), and the very start was a pan over the crowd and I saw this wacky waiter from the bar we knew with the Lions jersey on yelling something unintelligible Pretty funny & random.

#12836 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So do the Steelers lose Brown and Bell finally? Seems like a lot of talk about Brown to Raiders (wtf Gruden?) or Broncos. I haven't read anything about Bell though.

Bell is a FA, Brown trade will be finalized "by Friday." "They say" the 3 teams were Oak, Ten, & Skins(?), but a couple more teams have come forward today.

#12838 5 years ago

The deal was they could have tagged him again and then traded him, but they already have 1 headache to trade. They probably don't want to total dick move him like Raiders did to Marcus Allen either. Haven't really looked into his landing spots.

Yeah Tenn & WRs arent a good mix...Just like Seattle.

#12853 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point, locking in a mediocre guy on the cheap might just keep Redskins from making more costly mistakes at QB.

If they've earned anything sir, it's a little more respect sir.

I'm guessing, trade for sign keenum, trade for rosen, draft a Qb

#12855 5 years ago

Haha Brown trade #1 (at least) fell apart. I really honestly thing he may need a wellness check...he's losing it.

1 month later
#12988 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Worst pick so far, Giants and Jones?

Gary @ 12 to GB is horrible.

Is every NY rag already got a headline out that says "Jesus, Jones was an unbelievabley bad pick"

Jones easily worst pick when they had the 17th pick

#12992 4 years ago

Def wasn't a huge fan of moving up for Bush. Whether he can replace Shazier is a big ask.

3 months later
#13082 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just what the NFL needed......I'm officially done with the NFL!

He who does not feel me
Is not real to me, therefore he doesn't exist
So poof! Vamoose, son of a bitch
poof.gifpoof.gif

#13086 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

...Sorry but i love this country and our vets and law enforcement. If thats bad then shoot me i guess.

Don't worry they won't, you're white *rimshot*

Quoted from Who-Dey:

...honestly didn’t bother me much when i stopped watching it two years ago and i got a lot more shit done around the house and got to play more pinball so life without football will be just fine with me.

Here are all the posts you've made in this thread in the last 8 months. Exactly what does "stopped watching football" mean to you?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=who-dey

#13099 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The best team in the league just got better.

Quoted from RWH:

For how long?????? Week, month, he's a huge risk to say the least...

Agreed he'll probably leave at some point because he's beyond a fucking mess, but it's no risk to the Pats at all.

#13108 4 years ago

I don;t see too many punch drunk QBs out there...eXpecially in the newer NFL.

#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not the "qbs of today" who are punch drunk, it's those who were playing in the 90s and earlier. Check in on Mark Rypien and Jim McMahon and tell me how they are doing. This stuff takes a while to manifest.

Ah there are 2 good ones for sure. It takes time but I think this crop, which Brady is in, will be doing far better.
For every Rypian & McMahan there are plenty tons more normal Qbs on one side, and 1000 times more busted up sheels in every other position.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't see why Brady is doing this to himself. Of all the players in the NFL, none are better prepared for post-playing life than he is.

I don't know if I'd agree with that unless you mean strictly financial.
Hmm....I guess he'd get absorbed into the NE business if he wanted and would get a big shot at coaching anywhere as well; fair point.

#13116 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's a saint in NE, could pretty much have any job he wants on TV or elsewhere...

My line of thinking was he's so tragically fucking boring he wouldn't work on TV but I guess it's hard to tell.

#13140 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sounds like Eli may have a early retirement brewing

Why? The team didn't like his 4/4 1td stat line against the starting D?
His retirement is still on the same schedule around game 6 of the season.

#13142 4 years ago

We'll see. Def depends on how the other teams in division are doing.

#13151 4 years ago

I'm a little bit surprised people are upset by the joke aboot someone's death more than the overt racism.

#13156 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You're referring to his Donky Kong comment and it being an ape.

Cincinnati folks!

#13170 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

In the Miami/Jax game there are more players on the field than fans in the seats!

Thats pretty standard stadium looks cool when they cover all the empty seats with that black fabric. Very slimming!

#13199 4 years ago

If only the middle class could throw a football and read defenses like a starting NFL qb.

#13201 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If only a QB could save lives like a nurse, police officer, or a paramedic can.

Haha. I can't believe people are still into communism even now.

#13204 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have to give the Colts owner a nod for his generous gift to Luck as he's on his way out. ...

Hey when you're that wasted on pills everyone is your best buddy

#13209 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If it upsets you watching highly paid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement...

The point is he doesn't even watch football, yet this thread is still forced to listen to his feelings aboot it.

#13213 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive had people tell me that i am overpaid also. Its kind of funny though when i offer them a job that not one of them has taken me up on it yet.

#13217 4 years ago

NFC North is a mystery. I will never believe in Chicago, but do I trust vikings anymore? Can the pack really keep up their shitiness? Do I trust rodgers not to quit on the team again? All depends on him and the coach. Gonna be a weird one.

AFC North is a but less weird. I just can't wait to see the Browns tank so hard after being talked up... That coach is a mess.

#13219 4 years ago

Seems like they turned the corner last year, and I predict there will be a fair amount of enthusiasm and effort,...

Well they beat no one with a winning record so there's that. I haven;t looked at their schedule but if the play the Bungels 2 out of the last 6 games again they could get that feeling back again.

#13232 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Back in football news, the only division I really pay attention to is the NFC East so my picks:

I got eagles winning the division with Dallas will be a bit behind them.

#13235 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

But how dare you contradict the all-knowing prophet Levi?

Look at their season results for the last 6 years, Odd years no good.

Hows that for true analysis

#13238 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn’t exactly take a Muhammad to predict that Carson wentz will get hurt.

"Eagles’ Carson Wentz could follow Andrew Luck one day into early retirement "
Ha..that's from a Philli rag so I'm impressed they can still report the news with Hepatitis, but Wentz is still young he can pull out of the injury thing.

I mena he won't, but he could.

#13246 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well plus I got DeSean back....we all remember him?

Mostly from our fantasy stat lines.
0, 0, 70 yard td, 0, 0, 70 yard td

Lol, you guys act as though the NFC Least will have any relevance this season. You crack me up.

Naw we're just talking some ball, pretty sure everyone other than Colson knows nothing will come out of it.

#13250 4 years ago

God I hope Patrica gets the axe this year; that would be great.

Browns have a pretty easy schedule. Looks like about 4 hard games this season.

The way I see it
Nice 2 starts but they'll be .500 by week 4.
.500 by week 6
Under .500 by week 8
maybe .500 by week 10 = season over.
BUT WAIT....here come the Bungels & cardinals for 3 games at the end to lie to themselves again next season

#13254 4 years ago

I don't miss anything aboot Mike Vick, total piece of shit.
Much rather think of Randall Cunningham whom was better in every part of the game. Or even Steve Young whom I hated more than anything.

#13263 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Until he defected to the Vikings.

Man those were great teams...so fun to watch.

But from what I can remember, he made a huge mistake,...

Then You remember wrong.
You "remember" that time someone you knew got sick of some dogs that weren't fighting other dogs well enough so he grabbed their heads and held them down under water till their lungs and stomach completely filled with water as they gasped and kicked and cried for help?
"Whoops, my mistake!" But he was a wacky guy so you let that one go but it happened again? And then again?

#13265 4 years ago

I don't see anything in my post defending him.

I didn't say you defended him, I just said it wasn't "a mistake."
He was a decent player for sure. Trust me, I remember very fondly watching him beat Favre in playoff Lambo...Cut my thumb making a sandwich in the first half bad, needed stiches.

#13269 4 years ago

What kind of sandwich?

The saddest thing is I have no idea anymore. Gettin old!
I think I remember some turkey...all that blood buy a very white meat really stood out

#13272 4 years ago

Ray Lewis killed 2 guys...

No he didn't, stop.

#13289 4 years ago

Without Gordon the Chargers ain't going anywhere.

#13291 4 years ago

Sure, couple games here and there I don't doubt it, whole season though I won't believe it till I see it. Sure sure no one gives a shit aboot RBs anymore but ol Melvin is a beast. And he's the team's #1-3 option.

#13296 4 years ago

Steelers defense is going to be hot for sure. Connor in a 2nd year should be much better so I think they'll be OK with all that. The real question is whom is going to win the division if they don't? The Ravens running a qb 50 times a game? That cannot hold up.

#13300 4 years ago

Jesus this name schtik.... Levi Is rolling over in his grave

#13306 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1992 called. Wants its stereotype back.

Hey at least he didn't say the only thing worse was the Jerri curl guy with the Bulls hat.

#13322 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know some people aren’t fans of Wentz or think he’s not that great whatsoever.

I don;t know any rational people that think that. He's well regarded as a great up and coming QB and a clear MVP candidate until injuries.

#13339 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

He was clearly getting in no matter what they did, unless they dove at him helmet to helmet at the 2 yard line. Watch it real time and tell me that they had to hit him the way that they did.

Thank you for literally describing every single play in football.

Quoted from RWH:

Better keep him out of Pittsburg then, since Bill Cowards day they've been taking on the NFL one knee at a time.

Well I think you're only remembering 1 knee. Darn you guys were pretty good that year too.

#13343 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there a bigger homer here than Colsond?

Yes and no.
All the things you mention yes.

Quoted from Colsond3:

No reason to hit a quarterback like that when he had already breached the plane.

But do those sound like the words of a Eagles fan? Maybe they are, maybe they all sound like that?

Never meet your heroes kids.

#13364 4 years ago

I'm fucking ready for some fooootball!

#13367 4 years ago

Very interested in Thursday Night. I always love seeing the Packers get wHipped, but you can never trust Chicago....god the pack has been pure shit.

Per usual I will be placing whomever is playing the Bengals in the knock out pool.

#13373 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

which shouldn't be surprising considering the pinside posts that often come out of America's Dairyland.

Not as many as there used to be

#13385 4 years ago

Fantasy is fine, in fact it's great; just not to hear aboot.

#13388 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My buddy with u-verse, his is super fast, but our phone lines suck so I won't ever get that.

U-verse is the total goddamn worst.

#13431 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah Elliot is good but he was under contract and i would have made him honor that.

YOU would, really?

#13434 4 years ago

Gruden also came off as a complete doofus.

So pretty much like classic Gruden form his coaching, TV, and ever other time you've seen or heard form him.

#13441 4 years ago

WEll he was an ass clown sure, but when they started fining him that's starting a showdown for sure.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha Brown trade #1 (at least) fell apart. I really honestly thing he may need a wellness check...he's losing it.

Seriously I think he has CTE already.

#13444 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But Gordon is just a weed head, Brown is a major jerk.

Ah no.

NFL (Cleveland Browns): Gordon told GQ he had a pregame ritual where he would take bong rips and/or shots of Grand Marnier or whiskey before kick-off.

“I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up,” he said. “To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon estimated he had something in his system for “probably every game of [his] career,” including those in college. Gordon said he also frequently missed meetings and often showed up late — with bloodshot eyes.

#13448 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only thing is that I don’t see why Raiders have not just suspended him already.

Because once they do he'll rebel and quit on the team.
Thing aboot them Old School Raiders hard asses was I think they actually hated the NFL and having a bunch of shitbags was like Anti-league. Now they're just part of the system.

#13450 4 years ago

I read something on Reddit that all but one of A.B.'s issues have taken place after the late hit by Burfict in 2016 where he was knocked out.

Uff that was a bad one

#13534 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

discussion is over.

GOD PLEASSSSSSSSE.

#13545 4 years ago

If you don't want fantasy talk in here stop fucking talking aboot it.

Jags... 8-8 sounds aboot right.

#13561 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

A.B. might actually end up paying money to Raiders not the other way around.

Don't worry, his eventual contract with the Patriots will cover it.

So the question is whom knew aboot this fine threshold? "Super Duper Agent" Drew Rosenhouse sure should have right? Smart man GM/TV dude Mayock must have? Very hard to tell what everyone is trying to do here.

#13574 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There's no upside for them to sign him....

Agree to disagree. But it would come down to monies for him... Probably needs a nice chunk now

#13577 4 years ago

Haha no, they didn't even get 1 of their first round pics

#13599 4 years ago

The weird thing is if they don't totally melt down, AB could be good for Gordon mentally.

Conspiracy theory.
AB acted like an asshat on purpose to intentionally be cut, have no one else want him, and sign with the Pats.

It isn't that much of a conspiracy at all; it's just a theory. like I said before, if Drew Rosenhaus knows his stuff, which I only assume he does, he knows the clause in the contract that voids AB's monies. They already just fined him 54K, so doing his recording/replaying shit they must know (again unless AB is just totally insane which is still in play) that the fine will be higher and appraoch the level of cancelling his bonus; which would most likely lead to his release.
Now, 2 things on that.
1. Was it really to get to a better team/situation? Or are his feet fucked? I didn't finish Hard knocks so i'm not sure on that angle.
2. If Al Davis was still there he would have kept AB and sat him all fucking year a la Marcus Allen.
EDIT:
3. Bonus - How does Gronk fit into all of this? Becasue I don;t know anyone personally that didn't think he's coming back this season.

#13617 4 years ago

Well Foles injured even quicker than i thoguht

#13621 4 years ago

Keenum MVP!!!! Although Lamar Jackson may have something to say aboot that

#13641 4 years ago

Foles broken cclavical

#13675 4 years ago

Steelers should be just fine, they just got their asses wHipped by the pats so not really anything diff'rent than any other season.

Although the Ravens looked damn scary...but against the fish so we'll have to wait & see there.

#13677 4 years ago

For me it was ALMOST SOL. If they would have thrown a pick-6 at the end of OT for no reason would have been some SuperSOL

#13709 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I’m desperate to get out of jury duty today. Any suggestions?

Dude why would you want to miss it, $54 a day! I got $24 for a half day last week.

#13713 4 years ago

Boy, 8 games seems fair. I just really wonder if he can just ride out the season to get paid and not ruin his career.
He's probably the 3-4th passing option on the team by my guess, so how long can he be OK with that?
When does Bellicheck make him a healthy scratch for a game... Thats when it gets crazy

#13716 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think he’s got a better chance of making it through the next 15 games than Gordon does.

If anyone can drive a man to drink it's AB.

#13742 4 years ago

They called time out as soon as he hit the ground. Falling down/giving yourself up/kneeling (sorry ohio) counts as the end of a play

#13750 4 years ago

Did he slide? I can't recall.[quoted image]

Quoted from vicjw66:

Run out of bounds or run towards the end zone. How are the officials supposed to make that call?

As the old saying goes it seems the question is moot; he went to the ground and the HOU defender touched him right away.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I have seen plenty of times a receiver drops down like that after a catch and is untouched where the ref doesn’t blow the whistle until they are touched or they get up and start running.

Yes I totally see what you're saying and it's another NFL area grey rule #10,001. Might come down to forward progress maybe(?), which is a very willy-nilly call and treated diff'rently all the time. Sometimes they let the line push a RB back 4 yards when they should call the play dead right away.

This is what I could find.

But again that question is also moot, I get the car!
Read Letter E

e (resized).jpge (resized).jpg
#13764 4 years ago

I think everyone outside of Colorado is pretty shocked we're talking aboot Flacco this much
Universally that move got no love what-so-ever; just like his initial fat deal with Ravens.

But there's a reason they call it "over reaction Monday." Plenty of teams looked god awful and should get better and the other way around.
Gotta be an all time low of starters playing in pre season this year.

#13770 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At least there’s no dress code.

Good, because my court has one that is just complete and utter shit. But I generally hate lawyers (sorry 65% of Pinside) & Judges and all that shit anywhom.

#13775 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No. That can’t be it.

This is NY dude

#13809 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

They are the best team in the NFL right now even without AB.

To me the offense doesn't even mean much. Ab and Gordon are around the same ameandola and Troy Brown, Brady can do it with anyone.
Now, when the defense is around the top they should be the easy favorite every time.
KC is a good team and they may look unstoppable, but if I'm going to a playoff game I'm looking at Reid vs Bellicheck and that's not a tough call.

#13837 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They want to pay me $15 a day. fk that!

Dude it's probably like $50 now!
$54 around here anyway.

#13867 4 years ago

Ah the bucs vs panthers...Thursday night game right back to total worthlessness.
As always that's fine, got other shit to do on Thursdays.

#13932 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm starting to like this Dirtbag. Even though he thinks I'm a Bears fan for some reason.

Hell he just called someone form Tennessee a Yankess fan; he goes for the haymaker.

#13972 4 years ago

My God... "the runner gives himself up when he drives head first... Same as feet first slide. "
Wtf are they talking aboot? That like how 40% of run in plays end.. Makes no sense.

#13974 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He had his worst half EVER today...

Well Brees today might have been worse.

#14005 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

speaking of inexcusable too how could Ertz not have run past the first down marker on the 4th down throw?

Sometimes with all the defenders it's hard to see the animated yellow line on the field.

Sounds like Brees will be out 6 with a torn ligament.

Ouch that sucks. Well everyone likes to talk up Teddy as once of the best back ups, time to prove it.

#14007 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I put that down more to a great tackle than anything Ertz did wrong.

Even better than the tackle was the position of the db or safety trailing the play. Ertz was going to extend the ball but that guy was ready to smack it out of his hands so he tucked it instead.

#14012 4 years ago

Well even if agholr caught that td, the defense probably would of given up another 70 yard td drive.

#14037 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Rothlisburger out for the season. I doubt he'll come back, his career has been a long one now.

Dammmmmn that'll wrap up this season. Had to happen at some point though; might as well be now when you got a newer group of young guys to grow with.
Gives everyone a neat tidy excuse to call it a career. Give a chance to see if this QB is any good.

#14038 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2nd thought - damn. He's the last guy playing in the NFL who's older than I am.

Matt Bryant?

#14049 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a few months older.

I'm just under him barely. I don't want to have to face my own mortality yet!

#14050 4 years ago

Prediction - Mike McCarthy will be the Steelers HC in 2020.

Not a chance. Even if a lot of things were diff'rent the way he flamed out they wouldn't hire him

#14055 4 years ago

I guess we'll see (probably this next offseason). The other guy I think could be a fit is Alex Van Pelt.

I'll put $100 down that Tomlin is still there next season.

#14091 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

There is always Vinnie. Lol[quoted image]

I miss Vinnie GreenNuts.

Quoted from RWH:

Eli out for Giants and Jones is in as starting QB.

Wow swing and a miss by me; thought he'd be good till week 6.

#14095 4 years ago

Jay Cutler is looking for a job.

Hmmm...the the only thing that makes sense is them to drop Fitz and start Cutler. They're sticking to the plan this year!

#14110 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if the Chargers have learned their lesson by letting a punter do place kicks.

Look at the bright side, Pats lost to the Lions last year and looked how they finished.

#14118 4 years ago

Check out this dreadful schedule for MNF..[quoted image]

Good lord, there hasn't been much doubt that Sunday night is the new Monday night. When can they flex out of that hot garbage?

#14127 4 years ago

Raiders over Vikings eh

#14131 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Browns over Rams was the most...

Well that one was so universally laughable it wasn;t even worth responding to.

#14138 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Can they stop McCaffrey?

As the only threat you gotta think they can, but whom knows. Speaking of, Carolina starting QB?

#14149 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are refs being extra protective of Brady? No way!

I actually think that's a little overblown, he get pretty much the same attention as any white quarterback

#14151 4 years ago

Road weary... May explain giving up 5 tds in the first half.

#14171 4 years ago

I don't think they needed to know there was more shit...as soon as he starts posting pics of the chicas kids that's enough.

Edit gonna be like a pinata of CTE when they do the autopsy on this guy

#14208 4 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Corey Dillon for sure.

I would disagree with that, Corey Dillon wasn;t a hard ass case. Like Carl Pickens he spent a long time on those shit bungels teams and deserved better.

#14231 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t be the only 1 that recognizes these lyrics/artist..

Of course not but we try not to mention the "darker artists" around here; upsets the locals.

#14356 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Could 2019 be the year of the 49ers again !

Tough division but you never know.

#14448 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Leave it to pinside to fuck up a discussion on football!

Fuck up football coming from goddamn Canadian?!??!

#14453 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What is that, the Philly informed consent paperwork?

That's what you have to "sign" to get in the stadium

#14469 4 years ago

I wouldn't bet on either of these teams, but obviously gotta give the home nod to Packers. Eagkes getting some peeps back could help but since they refuse to play in the 1st half of games, can't give them much love.

#14496 4 years ago

Mostly Red Zone only now so I've luckily avoided them.
But for sure the fan duel shit was out of control.

#14502 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you don't gamble or do fantasy is it still interesting?

For sure, but it also depends on your region. Plenty of shitty home teams that you don't want to watch around the country. Fuck can you imagine being in the Jacksonville market and having that be the only game on? Uff.
You can think of it like highlights but instead you are actually watching g the games.

#14505 4 years ago

I also like taking some breaks and knocking some things out around the house during the down periods and commercials. I guess I just like being mildly inconvenienced?

Well the late games are better for that since it ins;t so rapid fire, but people enjoying the breaks is a normal part of TV watching.

#14510 4 years ago

Man you guys are even older than the usual old ass folks in this thread

#14512 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you hear Tampa and Seattle will be getting expansion teams?

Perfect, one for the AFC & one for the NFC!

#14514 4 years ago

Frankfort Galaxy will always be #1 in our hearts.

#14519 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Is college football an allowable topic on this thread?

Not too deeply...ther's another thread for that
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread#post-5216078

Or maybe so...whom knows.

#14525 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

20 posts in like 25 days...
Kinda slow.
Plus it’s lacking all the vitriol, acridity & acrimony that east coast guys use as oxygen.
How ‘bout we go over there and kick their legacy pledge asses?

Hey man I was postin, trying ot get it going.

#14557 4 years ago

Hey just started watching did I miss anything?
Bwahaha sad 12 is the best... But yeah that dude was draped all over him....a bit too much

#14562 4 years ago

Don't think you can challenge in the lastly 2 minutes

#14563 4 years ago

I also wonder was it in the first 5 yards? Cause you can do a lot there that isn't a penalty

I really wouldnt hate this announcing crew if someone could just teach aikman to not say GREENbay.

Sounds normal to me because I'm not from there. I feel your pain though, even the great Musberger said "anNArbor" totally wrong his whole career

#14567 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thanks for straightening me out. Too bad for GB on that rule tonight.

Well you're probably a lions fan... They haven't had great role models for throwing challenge flags (with Schwartz on the field no less).

#14577 4 years ago

Jesus Laflaur is a little bitch. Thus post game is mellinial city.

#14594 4 years ago

I didn't hear much... now who's the old guy?!?

You're not the most objective person on the matter

#14600 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Can you imagine being a season ticket holder during an overt tank season?

Horrible... Yet somehow better than the season they brought Cutler in?

#14695 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...The league has suspended Bengals OLB Vontaze Burfict for the 1st 5 games of the season..."
haha man it's like clockwork. A big, dumb, stupidface clock.

Quoted from TheLaw:

"Burfict finally leaving the field, but not before arguing with fans and doing the Johnny Manziel money sign. My goodness."

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup...it's April
"Bengals Linebacker Vontaze Burfict Suspended Four Games For PED Use"

#14734 4 years ago

He's a FA coming up and no one wants to be on that sorry ass team. Hmmm...Red Rocket or Aaron Rodgers?
Sure you gotta take a pay cut with GB's cheap ass but that's life.

Hell might as well trade him now with the season done and get a 6th round pick or something

#14737 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'll make a bet with you if you're so sure.

Oh lord I'm not sure of anything with the Bengals. He seems like a smart guy; play football every year and earn 10 mill...hard to rock that boat.
Now, the dumb ass team could have other ideas for all we know.
EDIT: Fair point not everyone would want to live in GB.

#14738 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am personally all for the smash and blast of the old nfl. These guys are paid millions and it is a sorely missed part of the game. Might as well make it QB flag football at this stage. That could actually be more entertainment factor than what we have now.

You & Who-Dey watching the games together these days?

#14743 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know it is hard to stomach when a back up for the bears has a better QB rating in week 4 than the old washed up Rodgers...

Oh boy, QB Rating...the last play of a desperate man.

#14753 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody entertained by that in 2019 is probably a sociopath.

I was thinking poor and/or uneducated. You know, heyseeds.

#14759 4 years ago

You need to watch the highlights from last night, You'll see 8 savage sacks on Dalton.

#14762 4 years ago

Now that the Vontaze Burfict of Pinside is back...

He is a competitor I'll give him that. A pro like that doesn't sit on the bench whilst someone like Who-Dey takes his crown of "Worst fucking thing aboot this thread."

#14821 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn can the Bengals manage to win today against Cardinals?

John Ross out, but it's at home they got a good chance. Vegas basically has it even but I'm thinking after the embarrassment last week they should be very pissed off and motivated.

How tall is Kyler Murray? I mean like, actually how tall is he...he looks so tiny out there.

#14834 4 years ago

Uff there goes Rudolph bad

He's listed 5 10...hes probably 5 9". 25

#14849 4 years ago

Carolina trying to give it away

#14866 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Rivers is passing like he’s 5’8”.

Rivers passing has always given me a sore arm just watching him; quite a motion on that thing.

#14983 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Kirk is gonna light 'em up.

I'm thinking a big day from Diggs

#14988 4 years ago

NYG at NE tonight. Barkley is ruled out. I'll probably still have it on, but I don't have high expectations for this matchup.

Well with Barkely out they'll have to really depend on their WR; how are they looking?

#15002 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Whatcha think of Gronk during the pregame?

Damn that's the only part of tonight that's interesting but I didn't get to see it. Hard to hate the Gronk.

#15023 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Definitely different than pats teams of the past.

The thing aboot the Pats is there isn't one type of team; They've won with defense, passing, rushing, etc etc.

#15040 4 years ago

It's almost like they've only beaten the worst teams in the league and aren't that good.

#15044 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Jason Garrett once again deserves es to be considered a mediocre coach for Dallas.

Just FYI, don't think anyone outside of Cowboy nation has ever taken him off that list.

#15060 4 years ago

I've seen some shit shows but Goff's stat line was insane.
78 yards...wow.

#15061 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Seats aren’t too bad.

Not the best but looks fine to me

pitit (resized).jpegpitit (resized).jpeg
#15068 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm hardly ever right when it comes to NFL predictions but...

This was an easy one to see coming

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm thinking a big day from Diggs

#15084 4 years ago

As much as I'd like to just go Lions screw job, officiating all over sucks.
No call on the pass interference...rinse repeat

#15109 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

....just look at the Steelers immaculate reception...if that was today it would have never counted, but people think its the greatest play ever....crazy

Actually it would stand as called because there is no camera angle to see if the ball touched the ground, thus the call on the field would be upheld.

Quoted from o-din:

I wasn't paying much attention if it was past 5 yards or not but if it wasn't it is OK to grab onto the guy?

It's legal but agianst the rules They allow grabbing people on Offense & Defense line, they usually don;t call it unless it involves twisting and throwing or the person moves form in front of the holding player.
Like, watch all the plays on the final GB drive...OL grasping & holding players on every single play.

#15111 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Given that the entire league is rigged in GB's favor, it's funny that they've made it to the Super Bowl only once in the past 20 years.

That's my point, they have shitty owners

#15115 4 years ago

....you have probably the best defense in the league....

god no.

#15127 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...if u look at the game as a whole the "calls" / "no calls" probably balanced out; however I totally agree those calls towards the end were terrible....

I think the point is they do not in fact cancel each other out; which is why all the news outlets today are calling out the officiating.

#15134 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its all BS....They can call a penalty on almost every play if they want to....

And they should call them, or change the rules to reflect it.
Are we already passed the point of the season where they stopped calling the offensive holding everyone was bitching aboot to start the season?

Anyway, I think a lot of the complaining this year is the fact that most things are reviewable now, but they still get the call wrong on replay.
I heard someone, probably M. Parrarah, say the whole overturning of PI has to meet the standard of the famous Rams/Saints blown PI...anything "below" that won't get overturned.

Wait...wtf? Makes no sense.

#15135 4 years ago

On a side note, I was watching the NFL countdown 100 best games ever and if you have a chance you should really check it out.
Close to what Levi mentioned earlier, at least half the games highlights are plays the game hinged on that are all illegal now
Hands to the QBs helmet was a big one.

#15138 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But on a more local scale, LA now has two losing teams that have more fans for the visiting teams than they do for themselves

Yes but everyone knew that would happen; LA didn't want to damn teams to begin with. Shit no one was going to the games when they were 2 winning teams.

#15152 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was Matt Millen a government plant?

Matt Millen actually explains a lot of it.
He wasn't a plant, he was a buffoon. Do I think more calls go against the Loins than other teams? They certain(t)ly seem to in the NFC North, because the Lions are the buffoonery team of the division. They just do their thing and the NFL doesn't give 2 shits aboot them. It's the only real diviison I pay attention to everyone so I'm only "qualified" to comment on. I'm sure the Browns & Cinci are in the same boat.
GB & CHI are all time class orgs and Minn isn't too far behind....the Lions are a shit show.
Half the calls against them seem to happen a lot vs the Pack. Which makes sense becasue they play them a lot and they have a top shelf QB.

#15230 4 years ago

Aboot sums up Rodgers Gf

#15311 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do they dare enter the Antonio Brown fray? Might be a save the season Hail Mary.

I don't even know if he would be allowed to play.
The problem with Phili is they don't seem to be very good at playing football.

#15316 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

...I try to have fun in here, but Eagles don’t get any respect outside of their own fan base no matter what....
Admittedly they’re not having a good season, so I think I’ll duck out and spend more time on my games and restorations.

You don't have to take you ball and go home, you can just tone down talking a bunch of shit like your team is good when they clearly suck balls.

Tough routing for a team in 2nd place ...wait wtf?

#15322 4 years ago

I understand you trying to reverse whammy the world whilst acting like the media is the issue here, but you need to look at the facts. They have 1 good win this year, a bunch of bad ass beats; they are not a good team. They start out like shit, try to pull a little out at the end put they aren't getting a wild card like this. Carolina might fall off but the Squawks will there, and most likely the Vikings but since they actually play a difficult schedule that could change.
They have 3 maybe 4 easy wins left n the schedule....making it to 8-8 should be your super bowl run.

#15325 4 years ago

If they win their 5 homes games, that gives them 9 wins.

Bengals & Cards Gimmies.
Ravens & Squawks will be tough to win.

#15371 4 years ago

I think you need more of a corps because I don't think d Adams is good enough to be a stud #1

#15373 4 years ago

Even weirder cause Gordon thinks he's close to playing? Can sign with another team by the end of the year? Wtf
Dumping Thomas was right though.. That guy is junk.

#15377 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And Thomas only played in 1 preseason game for the Patriots and he looked firemost. Not sure what you saw...

A declining wide receiver getting worse each season for the past 5 years.

#15390 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Personally, I'll take the team Dan Fouts i....

He's not the best but I'd move him up that list for sure.

Aikman is fine by me...joe buck is obviously an abomination.

They should use the obvious proven magic from the putt putt show and move Rob Riggle with the Monday night guy

#15405 4 years ago

We got FRANK and AL and DAN!!
That was a pretty great crew.

Dan Dierdorf was the weak link though...and reeeeeally fucking week. Don't need to listen to that fat fuck say someone's is "walking off the field gingerly" 2 times EVERY game.
He does the Michigan radio show now-a-days.
3 man crews are tough to do because there's always a week link. Patrick, mcGuire, & Theisman I liked better than those 3 and Theisman was such a prick.

#15407 4 years ago

Ahhh I didn't know that how Dierdorf ended up there; never saw OJ myself.

#15450 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Bears lose on a FG...lol
49ers look good!

Yeah that's the problem with having a shit ass QB...they had time to run another play or 2 but didn't want to risk it.

#15458 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

....when they didn’t have to and Could have taken Watson instead...

OR Mahomes!

#15473 4 years ago

Hiw did dirtbag sign is as vic?

#15502 4 years ago

Trent Williams Holdout over...Congrats Levi!!

#15514 4 years ago

Benching the red rocket isn't the worst idea, I mean they are neck & neck with the Dolphins.

Bad timing and dumb moves by the Bengals, inconceivable!

#15516 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But “he has no plans of playing.”
How’s that supposed to work?

He has reluctantly begun to accept their monies for not playing?
No idea

#15519 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This post is aging about as well as jerry Jones’ latest facelift.

So every win was on the road in the series?!

1 week later
#15628 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Unbelievably, backup QB Jeff Driskel hits Golladay on a broken play for a 41-yd TD strike, Lions down by 7 and back in it in Chicago with 5:45 to go!

The real saying should be SOLF, Same old lions fans. You really thought they were going to pull it out didn't you?

#15644 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Btw, YOU picked the cowboys to win the east less than two months ago. .

Because the east is horrible

#15681 4 years ago

Think anyone will pick him up? The only team I can think of is maybe the Bears?, but I just don't see it. I'm not sure how effective he could be after not playing for three years, and it's mid season...

No and the Bears would be at the bottom for me. THey already started the back up and had good luck with that, you can search for Whysnow's listing of his QBR , and then they refuse to play him again even though they have the worst QB in the league.
But yeah that's so much time not playing, doesn;t work well.

#15693 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

. Perhaps even playoff bound? 9-7 might get you there. lol.

It will depend on the AFC champ race and if NE needs the win in week 17 or not.

#15726 4 years ago

On the other side of the obvious "just a PR" stunt, there is some rumors that teams might actually be interested in him and they are doing this to avoid a media circus around a specific team. Whom the hell knows of course but that would be interesting.

EDIT: I had to look up the NYC mayor, don't know'em like I used to.

#15728 4 years ago

3-5 points over Lions and Stafford probably wont play? Ouch.

#15735 4 years ago

All? Wow I could maybe get 1. #6 is bortles? 8 think that was his 1 good 4k year.

#15740 4 years ago

Umm.... Well that was an ending huh?
Some crazy shit

#15743 4 years ago

That's gotta be rest of the season ban.
Might escape it because it's a nobody qb, but that nobody got one of the worst concussions seen just a few weeks ago.

#15760 4 years ago

There was never a doubt that pouncey was getting a couple games. As soon as this weird kicking motion started

#15772 4 years ago

Once you start kicking someone on the ground, as sad as it was, you're suspended.
Of course pouncey had his back, I think he still have Aaron hernandez 's back

#15774 4 years ago

Usually they appeal them down but this one might be tough since they play each other in his 3rd week.

Garret seems to be a good dude so he'll do a book tour and anti bullying commercials and be fine for next year I think

#15820 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:Sorry if the Browns threaten you in some way, but you need to get used to them being around for a while.
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Let's deal with the facts here, not hypotheticals.

#15840 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Going to be hard to make that assessment based on someone throwing a football for 40 minutes uncontested as the basis for talent.

Its actually exactly the way they do it in the NFL.

#15870 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Yeah but he was also in a lot of other threads also.

Yeah, that's how fucking horrible the Eagles are.

#15878 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Coaches need to stop challenging pass interference calls. I have yet to see one get reversed no matter how much a defender grabs or pushes.

Amazingly, there was one this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,409 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 4 of 26.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/4?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.