carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,044 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 4 of 9.
#10044 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

was hoping at least a couple of these playoff games would be competitive

Three outa four this weekend wasn't bad.

#10046 6 years ago

If the Vikings win next weekend they will be the first Super Bowl team to play at home. The closest any team has come to that was the 49rs playing at Stanford stadium in 1985 and the Rams playing at the Rose Bowl in 1980. Just another tidbit from the memory banks.

#10049 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because they played at a nearby stadium that held way more people. ( college bowl stadiums as I recall )
LTG : )

Indeed. They don't do that any more! There were a couple Super Bowls at the LA Coliseum before that.
I'm sure the new Rams stadium will be able to hold plenty of people.

#10069 6 years ago

No respect for the garbage men. I should have figured that.

#10076 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It's doubtful but maybe the Jags do to Brady what they did to Marino in his last game.
» YouTube video

What a going away party that was!

#10084 6 years ago

I saw the pressure the Dolphins put on Tom Brady. Almost no yards gained in the first half and what was that 0 for 11 on third down conversions?

Best part of that game might have been the post game press conference with Belichick

#10088 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Worked for the Giants in two Superbowls

Seems the coach of that Giants team now works for The Jaguars again. I'm sure he knew what kind of team he had to put together to do the job and it was a top priority.

#10091 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

With ratings way down this year the NFL will do anything to prevent a jags/philly Superbowl.

I saw that in some of the last Patriots games I watched where the refs made several blatant bad calls that helped them. I had a hard time fathoming that the league would do anything like that, but it was just too obvious.

Jags will need to do more than just beat the pats, they will need to beat the zebras too.

#10099 6 years ago

I gotta wonder if a guy like Tony Romo, who I think is doing a real good job as an analyst, keeps pointing out those bad calls, will have to start looking for another job if he keeps it up.

#10101 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Do you think CBS will let Tony Romo call a golf event?

The over and under on that is pointing out 4 bad calls against the Jaguars this weekend.

#10104 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not at all, that's not taboo anymore in the least. I heard it from crews all over the country all game day

Just for $hits and giggles lets keep track of them this weekend. Not total penalties and yards for each team, but the drive killers and drive extenders that ultimately have a real effect on the outcome of the game. Maybe a few non calls in there as well.

#10107 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Good idea o-din. Unfortunately, I'll be under the influence & won't be able write/remember.

So will I but if it doesn't bother you guys I might post them as I see them.

#10108 6 years ago

I first noticed it in the Dolphins game where although they dominated every phase of the game, the refs made a bunch of chicken shit calls in the second half that let the pats back into it. Thus only a 7 point difference when it was all done.

Then there was last week, where in the beginning the Titans showed they had come to play, but by halftime there were so many bad calls against them, they just gave up.

As far as the Steelers game, I was always under the impression that once the ball touches the goal line, it is a touchdown, even if the ball carier fumbles after getting in.

It could all be just a coincidence though.

#10110 6 years ago

#10112 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premier stars (and premier teams) generally get the benefit of the doubt from the refs

The last few weeks I've seen it go way beyond the benefit of a doubt.

#10116 6 years ago

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
Joe did it before those protect the passer rules.
Brady's certainly the king of longevity though.

#10118 6 years ago

You need one of those Madden all time great games. lol.

No, I was just thinking, if they allowed Brady to get hit like Montana did play after play by guys like Lawrence Taylor, history would look a little different now.

Montana never got to see a lot of the TDs he threw because he was on his back.

#10120 6 years ago

In 1994 they changed the rules to protect the passers and receivers so there would be more scoring. Brady is certainly the king of the post rule change years, bar none. Before that the QBs got hit almost every time they threw the ball with no penalty. When Brady gets hit 4 or 5 times in a game he starts to wilt.

#10122 6 years ago

His career probably would have been a little shorter too.

#10124 6 years ago

There's also no telling what a guy like #56 might have done to Tom.

Unknown2 (resized).jpgUnknown2 (resized).jpg

#10128 6 years ago

I don't even think LT got a penalty when he ended Joe Theisman's career.

So yeah, things might have been a little different if Brady had been QB instead of Tony Eason when they went up against those '85 Bears, but I'm going to settle this once and for all. The Greatest QB of all time was.... Joe Mantegna.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#10131 6 years ago

I'm just hoping for a few more good hits on the QB today, before it all goes away.

#10135 6 years ago

All I know is it's sunny and warm at high noon on the west coast. I've got chicken ready to go on the Traeger. And a couple buddies are on their way over for an afternoon of debauchery. Just like yesterday.

#10145 6 years ago

I was going to say nice to see the zebras letting them play today.

#10169 6 years ago

Congrats Patriots! Hard to lose when you only commit one penalty. Least penalties since 2011 in that game against the Ravens.

#10178 6 years ago

I tell you it's not about who wins or loses.

DSCN5677 (resized).JPGDSCN5677 (resized).JPG

#10191 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Early Super Bowl lines has NE favored by 5.5 with a o/u of 47.5
Honestly don't know the Pats aren't at least a 7.5 favorite.
Just like all their other sb titles, they'll probably win by 3
Best bet: Pats moneyline -210

The only stat I'll be interested to see is who has the zebras on their side this time around.

#10194 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

would be fun to see their scrub QB take down Brady.

No it'll be one of their defensive ends, but oops, 15 yards unnecessary roughness will be the call. I'm done.

#10197 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

For people outside of NE and Philly, who are you rooting for and why?

I'm rooting for Philly because I like to see a team that has everything, and I mean everything going against them rise above all the BS and pull out a win.

#10203 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You went from "I'm done" to "I'm rooting for Philly" in like 4 posts.

The I'm done part is thinking possibly there's a chance the refs will call a game fairly. I'm done hoping for anything like that anymore

#10205 6 years ago

Let's play a little game. How many penalties can you spot in this single pic?

DUGixaFWkAItxNN (resized).jpgDUGixaFWkAItxNN (resized).jpg

#10208 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Horse collar tackle, incidental face mask (5 yard variety), which all adds up to pass interference.

Well, not sure about the incidental part on the face mask, but they were able to make that play real sneaky like as their only penalty of the game came on special teams.

#10210 6 years ago

One could argue he was definitely making a play on the ball.

#10212 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Enough of the pre-whining about the refs if the call goes in your favor

Well when only one goes in your favor for 10 pretty insignificant yards and six go against you for 98 very significant yards, what do you expect people to say?

#10216 6 years ago

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time with 347 career wins and one perfect season.

And when somebody handed him the opponents playbook he threw it away. He hated cheating and cheaters.

#10219 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's cause you're a Dolphins fan.

More respect for him came after watching the Football Life story about him. How he cared about his players and the integrity he kept in the game.

I'm sure if he was still on the rules committee, he would have been in an uproar over the officiating as of late.

#10221 6 years ago

In the 40 years George Halas coached the Bears, they brought home six NFL championships.

#10224 6 years ago

No love for Weeb Ewbank here?

#10226 6 years ago

I just remember Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride on the sideline. That boy had spunk!

#10229 6 years ago

Anyway back to this Super Bowl rematch. Does anyone remember Donovan McNabb running out of gas at the end of the last SB these teams met?

#10235 6 years ago

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. lol.

#10237 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Miles Jack tackles him well after the TD. Then gives him a nice slap in the face.

So really, there should have been another 15 yard penalty against the Jags on the ensuing kickoff. How they got away with that one is beyond me!

#10243 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey try to not interfere too much in the game.

As long as they do that for both teams that are playing, seems pretty fair to me.

#10246 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach of all time.
You try winning Super Bowls with Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, and Mark Rypien!

To be fair, Ryan Leaf could have had success behind that offensive line.

#10253 6 years ago

Donald Trump?

#10255 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What a bummer of a Super Bowl this one is gonna be. Eagles vs Patriots, in Minnesota.

I don't know man. If the umpires and refs aren't partial to one team or another and let both teams fight it out on the field, it may turn out to be a most entertaining game.

#10262 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

People will tune in to see if Philadelphia can hang with the champs. And they'll stay tuned in if Philly is actually beating them.

I predict the Eagles will be beating them. At least, that is, until the flags start coming out late in the second quarter.

#10267 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You must watch a lot of ESPiN

Not really. But I have watched a lot of recent games. And maybe without the refs help, the pats may have had to do a road game in the playoffs, and maybe not even made it past the first round.

And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

#10271 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Let the butthurt consuuuuuume you...

I don't get butt hurt over some fairy football team or their lame fans that I care nothing about and have no effect on me.

The way I figure it the refs might have helped limp them along so they could make it to the big game and really get walloped then. But in reality it all comes down to who stands to make the most money off it. And I'm not betting one cent on it.

#10273 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not pissed. Got it.

I only remotely get pissed when some patriots fan takes a shot at me.

But then I just laugh it off because they are some of the biggest clowns there are.

#10286 6 years ago

Let's get one thing straight. I am a football fan. And even if the team I root for is not involved, I want to see a fair game no matter who's playing. And I hate cheating no matter who is doing it. I have only pointed out my observations of what I have seen while watching these games.

That being said I hope the Super Bowl is a great game, and that there will be no controversy about why a team wins when it's all over.

#10295 6 years ago

Another "who cares" moment in the world of professional sports.

#10300 6 years ago

The solution is to play the Super Bowl this Sunday and have the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in two weeks.

How they ever went and screwed that all up is beyond me.

And while they are at it, they need to get rid of these oddball game start times.

"Oh so Monday Night Football starts at 5:26 PM this year. OK...."

#10303 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They did that once and it sucked. Super Bowl needs a full 2 weeks to prepare for and for everyone to get healthy

More than once, and two of the the most recent times they turned out to be a couple of the most exciting Super Bowls in years.

I don't suppose you remember the game where the Giants beat the Bills on wide right.

#10305 6 years ago

Sure the last couple decades has given us a lot of great games, but each team has already had two bye weeks this year. Back then they had none.

#10306 6 years ago

I did a little more research and it looks like the Super Bowl has been played 7 (?) times without a bye week, the last one being the game between the Buccaneers and the Raiders. It looks like that extra week is here to stay though unless some circumstance changes it.

#10308 6 years ago

If you were a Raiders fan for sure.

Of course Gruden wrote their playbook. lol.

#10310 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure the 12 TB fans were thrilled.

I won money on that one!

#10312 6 years ago

It was a little too obvious with Gruden switching teams what the outcome of that one would be. But the Raiders got fired up late and tried to make a game of it.

If there's one plus about having that bye week, it's that now they are all played in February, and come 2020 it will be on my birthday in Miami. I can only hope the stars align and finally a team I root for gets there.

#10314 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Super Bowl is cheapened without a bye week.

If you say so.

Super Bowl XXXIV – Rams 23 – Titans 16

#10315 6 years ago

Here is the entire list I came up with. Not sure why I remember that 49rs/ Bengels game as being one except maybe I blacked out for a week at the time. But yeah some real cheapened games in there. Except for maybe those three that rank among the all time greats.

Super Bowl IV – Chiefs 23 – Vikings 7

Super Bowl XVII – Washington 27 – Miami 17

Super Bowl XXV – Giants 20 – Bills 19

Super Bowl XXVIII – Dallas 30 – Buffalo 13

Super Bowl XXXIV – Rams 23 – Titans 16

Super Bowl XXXVI – Patriots 20 – Rams 17

Super Bowl XXXVII Bucs 48 – Raiders 21

#10318 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Those games all sucked.

OK then. I never was much of a Rams fan myself and I was rooting for both AFC teams. But both those games were close and very exciting to watch.

But man that Giants/ Bills game was at the time, the greatest, most competitive Super Bowl I ever watched especially after years of blowout after blowout. The bye was cancelled because of the gulf war I believe and neither team showed any ill effects of not having the extra week off.

Edit- yes you heard it here guys. I was strongly rooting for the Patriots to beat the Rams in that game. Now I'll go have another beer.

#10320 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Anyone interested in this year's draft class yet?

Of course! Every year my teams are fighting to get one of the top picks.

#10322 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Do you think Miami takes a qb?

Do you think Cutler's ready to hang it up? lol

Whoever they pick is bound to be traded away within a couple years and go on to greatness somewhere else.

I'd be more interested to see what the Chargers do. At least they usually try to get the most out of their players before they send them packing.

#10324 6 years ago

“Clarified him meaning Tannehill”

Oh yeah, that guy. I think they should keep him around as a backup and use him mainly as a receiver. That way when they do one of those trick plays where the wideout throws the ball, there is an actual chance it will make it to another receiver.

#10327 6 years ago

As long as they have those hot tubs in the end zone and Los Angeles gets a team, I'm in.

#10329 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yesterday some asshole started singing “fly eagles fly”

The song Fly Like an Eagle came on my radio a while back. Steve Miller. A very underrated guitarist.

#10330 6 years ago

And an Eagle is about as American as it gets.

#10334 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

we must root for the Rams again

Even when they were here I rooted for teams like the Jets when they came to town.

Quoted from vicjw66:

As far as having the super bowl today, noone wants that.

Yes, yes he does!

#10336 6 years ago

The Rams are not, were not, and will never be So Cal's home team. They came from Cleveland and when they went to St Louis it was a good riddance. The last few years they were here their woman owner drove them into the ground and even stars like Eric Dickerson, Kevin Greene, and Jerome Bettis couldn't hang with them.

The only true homespun So Cal team never felt the need to leave the state or the general area, and now almost 60 years later they have come home to where they started. The Rams may be paying for the stadium, but it is the Chargers that are the home team.

#10339 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Chargers are San Diego's team, so are the clippers, and they can take the Angels and the Mighty Sucks too. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings are all that matter. The others are loser franchises.

And the Rams are Cleveland's team. Which is where they should have stayed in the first place.

And you can send those Dodgers back to Brooklyn any time you like. Of yeah, and Minneapolis must be missing their Lakers by now.

#10341 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

By that logic then San Diego's real team is the Rockets as they were in San Diego before the Clippers moved there.

Any team that leaves the state or comes from somewhere else should not be considered a home team IMO. Just like it's residents....

#10342 6 years ago

Los_Angeles_Chargers_1960_wordmark (resized).pngLos_Angeles_Chargers_1960_wordmark (resized).png

RamsClevscript (resized).pngRamsClevscript (resized).png

#10344 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Unless it happened more than 60 years ago or like in the Rams case they return home.

The Rams get the triple whammy. First they came from Cleveland, second they abandoned whatever fans they still had here and waited until after the move to invest in the team. And third they come back like non of that matters.

#10346 6 years ago

I think in Detroit, you should probably be happy for whatever you get.

Edit- and now it's just down to killing a little time since we have to wait a whole nuther week for the Super Bowl.

#10348 6 years ago

Like I said... just killing time....lol

#10350 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You're from Orange County

To be fair to the Rams, I used to love those $10 game day tickets at Anaheim Stadium.

#10352 6 years ago

I think it was my dad or somebody that told me the Rams actually won a championship while in Los Angeles.

This is the only LA champion team I remember though.

SB_AllenMarcus (resized).jpgSB_AllenMarcus (resized).jpg

#10354 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that shared field garbage is my biggest pet peeve

That garbage artificial field the Eagles used to play on wasn't much better.

Looks like Philly won their last NFL championship in Los Angeles too. What a crowd turned out for that game!

1949Eagles (resized).jpg1949Eagles (resized).jpg

#10356 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was at that last Rams home game in Anaheim stadium where they beat the thugs. There was over 100 fights in the stands that day.

More mosh pits than the hardest core punk rock concert ever. I'd love to find a video clip of that.

Quoted from vicjw66:

You mean Oakland?

Yeah Oakland. When they played at the stadium Cleveland abandoned. Two plus decades after the LA Chargers left.

#10358 6 years ago

I went to the preseason matchup. It started there. Especially in the parking lot after the game. Then they took it up a notch at the rematch.

Seriously, there is footage of it out there somewhere. I saw it on TV.

#10360 6 years ago

Standard KC fare. They start the season looking unbeatable and fade into rebuilding mode by the end of the season. Seen that movie before.

#10364 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Eagles last championship was in 1960 at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Vince Lombardi's only loss in a championship game.

Don't know how I forgot about that one as I watched a show about Lombardi a few weeks ago and they mentioned that.

#10367 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Astro turf at the old Vet, Phillies played there too.

I remember when they cancelled a pre-season game because it was so hazardous.

turf (resized).jpgturf (resized).jpg

#10369 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That was not astroturf.

What was it, awfulturf?

#10371 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember Brian Billick stucking his foot in that hole!

Yeah there was a spot where a players foot could get caught. Thumbs up to Billick for looking out for his players.

#10374 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

what kinda delicious grillables we got planned for the big game?

Since it's going to be a long day with the game starting at 3:30 our time, I was thinking about doing these 3-2-1 baby back ribs.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/pork/3-2-1-baby-back-ribs

#10379 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

some sorry ass inbred son of a whore stole my smoker

Bastard!

#10381 6 years ago

I keep my smoker in the garage and I would hope they would see something more tempting before they stole that!

#10387 6 years ago

What exactly is he practicing for there?

#10392 6 years ago

Eagles 5 penalties for 75 yards, Patriots 6 penalties for 80 yards.

#10394 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well at least 15 of those are for roughing Brady.
Gotta be 2 encroachments 1 on 4th down.
Another 40 at the end PI call.
15+10+40 = 65
Hmmm...chop block maybe would put it right around there.

Great summation! Now how will the Patriots earn theirs?

#10396 6 years ago

2 holding on a punt- 20 yards
1 unsportsmanlike conduct in the end zone-15 yards
1 delay of game-5 yards

Shit- that's only 40 yards.

#10409 6 years ago

That shit don't matter. I got ribs!

#10412 6 years ago

It is.

I'm still trying to remember who won league MVP last year.

#10414 6 years ago

Oh yeah. Kind of a consolation prize wasn't it?

#10420 6 years ago

Ribs are on.

Glad I was able to pull my sorry ass out of bed in time.

#10424 6 years ago

This is all I know about that.

DSCN5700 (resized).JPGDSCN5700 (resized).JPG

#10438 6 years ago

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles. The most inspired Super performance I have seen in a while.

Also congrats to the Vikings and Bills who are no longer the losingest franchises in SB history.

#10466 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown

Possession of the ball, two feet down, crossing the goal line....

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#10469 6 years ago

the fact that the Eagles won and overcame all penalties makes them super champions

#10474 6 years ago

Which NFL franchise has lost the most super bowls?

23z0ge (resized).jpg23z0ge (resized).jpg

#10478 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Technically they are now tied with Denver with 5.

Oh yeah. There's always next year. But for today, it's all over except for a little time by the campfire

marshmallows (resized).jpgmarshmallows (resized).jpg

#10480 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Commercials were not that great

The only thing worse than the commercials was the halftime show. And I don't have the heart to post a pic of Brady getting stripped in the 4th. Actually I do, but it's as hard to find as that post game interview with bililoser.

#10488 6 years ago

At least they didn't have to cheat to lose this one.

#10490 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Here’s what I don’t get....super bowl played at a neutral site...but the stadium played the Patriots defense home field foghorn on 3rd and 4th downs. Why?

The Patriots were technically the home team as that honor is traded back and forth each year. Mostly meaning they get to pick which jersey they wear and the away team gets to call the coin toss.

All the other things aside, it was a great game to watch and both teams fought their hearts out. And yes those ribs were the best I've ever made. Fall off the bone and tasty! The home made chips and guacamole didn't last very long....

#10497 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I like to rewatch games when I'm sober.

I drank so much beer yesterday my liver is throbbing. But now I must go to work.

#10503 6 years ago

A couple of the more amusing things was seeing Brady's daughter crying long before the game was over and mom seemingly pulling at her wedding ring after that ball strip in the fourth quarter.

#10506 6 years ago

I will say the Patriots played a very clean game as they were only penalized once for 5 yards.

#10514 6 years ago

I only lost one minor bet on the game yesterday. I gave NE -2 on the penalty spread.

#10517 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Let the butthurt consuuuuuume you...

brady-strip-sack (resized).jpgbrady-strip-sack (resized).jpg

48E3794C00000578-5352481-image-a-9_1517824158568 (resized).jpg48E3794C00000578-5352481-image-a-9_1517824158568 (resized).jpg

#10520 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm not butthurt at all but saying TB12 cost them the game is incredibly stupid.

In a game where every play mattered, I'd say it was a team and coaching effort that cost them the game.

#10527 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can also see that age has caught up to him

He's still sharp and in great shape, but I imagine it's not going to get any easier for him from here on out.

#10531 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has his "revolutionary" training method and intense dedication to staying in shape truly changed the game, allowing talents like him to play at a high level well into their 40s?

It only takes one good hit to make a 40 year old with a 35 year old body and the rigorous rehab to get back in the game make him really start feeling his age.

#10533 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Peyton hit the wall in their final year, same with Marino.

Both suffered major injuries or in Peyton's case surgery that both required quite a bit of rehab near the end of their careers. Marino started his last year fine, but never fully recovered from his injured throwing shoulder later in the season.

#10534 6 years ago

Brady's been pretty lucky injury wise since his broken leg, but I see his career probably ending in the next couple years from another injury that will take too much rehab to get back in shape, not riding off into the sunset at age 45 with another Lombardi trophy.

#10537 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

No sexy ads from Doritos or Go Daddy or the like this year.

There was nothing sexy about any of the ads or even halftime for that matter. Those were all good times to crack another beer and get in a few quick games of pinball.

#10542 6 years ago

Hopefully the Dolphins can pick up another receiver that can throw the ball with that pick.

#10545 6 years ago

Q- What do you get when you enter a championship game with three top tier running backs?

A- A good chance of bringing home the trophy.

#10549 6 years ago

I'm watching an interview they did with Nick Foles at Disneyworld earlier today. He's got to be one of the most humble winners this game has seen. He deserves it for sure. Certainly a class act.

#10555 6 years ago

From what I heard it was Brady's wife that was doing the shaking with the winning players after the game.

#10557 6 years ago

And who really needs a handshake when you've got this man hug instead.

r960-2bdd44265692ea1b4384d355efe7ae58 (resized).jpgr960-2bdd44265692ea1b4384d355efe7ae58 (resized).jpg

#10559 6 years ago

It does look like the Patriots dynasty might be coming to an end. Both head coordinators have left for head coaching jobs and there was a time when they only lost the Super Bowl to the dynasties of the game. Now they can't beat the perennial losers either. Oh well, it was a good run.

#10561 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All the people writing “the dynasty is over” stories are asking for it though.

That's why I included the word "might".

#10606 6 years ago

Joe Montana

4-0 in Super Bowls
11 touchdowns 0 interceptions.

In baseball that's called batting 1000.

#10611 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mark Rypien is 1-0 in Super Bowls so I think he's in the convo.

Passes Completed 18
Had Intercepted 1
Tackled Attempting to Pass 0
Yards Lost Attempting to Pass 0
Yards Gained Passing (Net) 292

Quoted from Erik:

He's no Doug Williams

Passes Completed 18
Had Intercepted 1
Tackled Attempting to Pass 2
Yards Lost Attempting to Pass 18
Yards Gained Passing (Net) 322

#10612 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wait...he only went to FOUR Super Bowls? Why didn't he go to more?

He got hurt! Back when QBs did not get protected.

I suppose if he hadn't he might have won another, but I doubt he would have gone on to lose three.

Also might have gone on to throw at least one interception, but that wasn't really like him in the big game.

#10616 6 years ago

All that we may never know, but I'd imagine we would all agree that

The Steelers are still the greatest Super Bowl franchise of all time.

#10619 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Montana = shorter season and far more physically punishing.

No shorter season unless you include bye weeks. He played 16 game seasons.

Although I will say the 49rs dynasty with 5 Lombardi trophies in 14 years and no losses during that time is very impressive as well.

#10621 6 years ago

There was one less weekend of playoffs prior to 1990 with no bye week for best records, but Brady didn't play that extra game anyway.

#10625 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Up until the last couple years I considered Young the best I'd ever seen.

I remember when he played for LA!

steve-young-USFL (resized).jpgsteve-young-USFL (resized).jpg

#10631 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fran Tarkenton

Sorry Had to get that in the before the old man posts it!

Ha! Wasn't that the dude from That's Incredible?

#10633 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

John Davidson

No that's the dude who's claim to fame was appearing on game shows.

#10634 6 years ago

Tobin Rote was one of the vintage QB scramblers with over 3000 yards rushing in his NFL career.

#10636 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

In his four wins, Montana's 49ers defeated Ken Anderson's Bengals, Dan Marino's Dolphins and John Elway's Broncos. His games versus two top 5 QBs of all time were blowouts.

Boy, do I feel left out.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#10638 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Montana - 1984 SB XIX vs Miami (W) 38-16 : 24/35, 3 TDS, 0 INT, 331 YDS, 1 Rushing TD, 127.2 Rating

This is the one that learned me.

Miami was no pushover that year and went 14-2, and in his second season Marino had set records of over 5000 yards and 48 TDs and smoked the Steelers in the championship game.

The game could have been close but Marino made several mistakes, Montana made none. End result blowout. That's when I knew. Joe was as cool as it gets.

#10640 6 years ago

Did Joe Montana ever cry or not shake the opponents hand after one of his Super Bowl losses?

Oh, wait a minute....

#10662 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s only one guy on a football team.

Don't argue with Levi, he makes a good point. Now it is not about how many times a QB wins a SB, he can't do it by himself.

It's also tough to call a franchise a dynasty today, when only one player has been on that team the whole time. That is not a dynasty.

So today it all comes down to how many SBs a franchise has won and lost in the post merger era. 5 and 5 is OK I guess.

But the Steelers 6-2 record and the 49rs 5-1 and even the Cowboys 5-3 is more impressive than that.

#10665 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NE but doing it with totally diff'rent teams is so impressive

It's only impressive because of the receivers and other supporting cast they brought in and out over the years. Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

#10667 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...receivers?

Yeah, like that big moose who helped them get back in the game last Sunday.

#10669 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think if we're gonna take a poll the Pats WR aren;t going to be the most revered bunch.

I think if you watch them they rarely drop balls that come their way.

#10672 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somehow wasn't able to replicate it in Kansas City but that's probably cause of bad coaching.

Nah, that's because he got beat in the playoffs single handedly by the greatest QB of all time. An believe me, that guy didn't have much help.

#10676 6 years ago

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB. I saw him single handedly beat the playoff bound Rams at Anaheim stadium back in the day.

But this is the game I was referring to. It took ten years, but revenge was finally served.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#10678 6 years ago

I got the wrong year. In 1987 the Rams did not go to the playoffs.

But this was fun to watch!

"Rams blew another 4th quarter lead; Wade Wilson hit Hassan Jones on a 41-yard touchdown pass, his third of the game, to win it."

#10679 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Prepare to be entertained!

I remember that rant! lol.

This is one of my all time favorites by Mora.

#10681 6 years ago

True, but he was the best at the podium.

#10687 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes his career 57.3 completion rating only matched by his 99-102 TD to INT was a sight to behold. Man remember that one year when he threw 15 TDs...whoooaaaa.

I meant he was awesome on the day he played the Rams. lol

Anyway, I still find it funny that some are going on and on about the loser of this year's super bowl and three of his last five being the greatest of all time. lol.

Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls. A feat that was never done before and has not been replicated since.

That's right. Four in a row!

#10690 6 years ago

Well, we never may come to a consensus on any of this, but one thing I know for sure.

In the Super Bowl, when quarterbacks play each other, Eli Manning is hands down the better QB than Tom Brady.

#10693 6 years ago

And that's how I have a hard time wrapping my head around this greatest of all time shit.

How can you be the greatest of all time when you got beat twice in the big game by the same QB who is not the greatest of all time?

#10696 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it's a team game and Eli didn't "beat" Tom Brady.

You've been watching football for like 60 years and you don't get that?

I totally get it. That's the ridiculousness of all this. Without a great team or some advantage or luck, you don't win no matter who the QB is.

And only 50 years, thank you very much!

#10699 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHo do you want to pick? That's who you think the greatest QB of all time is. You'd pick Montana. I'd pick Brady.

Actually when I used to play Madden I had pretty good luck with the 85 Bears or 86 Giants. Mostly because of those lickety split running backs. Never had much luck with that Niners team.

#10701 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it wasn't because of Jim McMahan?

Nope, but Sweetness was rated as a pure "10".

#10703 6 years ago

Remember when the QB was fair game?

#10706 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

In all 3 of Brady's SB losses he came from behind and took the lead with only minutes left in the game.

Sounds like the few they won too. One thing about that team is they sure make it exciting win or lose.

#10711 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Funny, as soon as I read Odin’s Ridiculous post, I immediately thought of this example.

Funny, after reading this post it occurred to me Muhammad Ali beat Spinks the second time around. Unanimously.

#10713 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What are your thoughts on Larry Holmes? Sure, he was a good boxer, but better than Ali?

They both got old and took unnecessary beatings late in their careers.

But nobody ever beat Muhammed Ali twice. Nobody.

And the two that did beat him while he was in his prime, he beat twice.

#10717 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Okay. Can’t argue with your logic. I wouldn’t even know how.

Well to simplify, let's just say if either Frazier or Norton had been 2-0 against Ali while he was in his prime, we might be singing a little different tune today about who was the greatest.

But that's not the way it was or will ever be.

5 months later
#10724 5 years ago

Bump!

DSCN5947 (resized).JPGDSCN5947 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#10729 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hah. Damn near impossible to beat the 72 dolphins on that game. Csonka up the middle every play. No matter what the defense

Funny, back in the day I didn't have much luck with that Dolphin team as my offense was more tuned around the halfback as there were more plays available.

So I'd generally take a team like the 85 Bears or 86 Giants and my halfback toss left in pro form was almost always a good gainer. I didn't even pick the 72 Fins in this game, my buddy picked them for me. But a good helping of Csonka definitely helped seal the victory.

2 weeks later
#10736 5 years ago

He's OK with the move.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#10776 5 years ago

I wasn't paying much attention to off season trades and such, but was pleased when I took in a Miami pre-season game a week or so ago, and saw that Amendola has switched sides.

Chargers look like they are in good position to make a run in the west, but that we will have to wait and see as usual.

#10778 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Don't take the bait!!

No, as usual it's a long haul and a long season. But they look to have some stability as all the other teams in the west have undergone changes with coaching or QB. I watched a little something about the Raiders yesterday and it looks like Gruden is once again a good fit.

#10780 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course they have a knack for underperforming and it's been almost 10 years since their last 10+ win season, but maybe they're due?

They sure closed out the season strong last year, and if they can overcome those losses at the end of games that cost them a playoff spot, they sure have all the weapons on offense and a strong defense to get it done, barring of course key injuries that can happen to anyone.

#10782 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Strong start shit end of season of the other way around.

Or have an epic season with one of the best kickers in the league and miss key field goals that would let you advance in the playoffs. Yes, we've seen it all. But it seems as of late even the perennial losers with a history of bad luck can eventually rise to the top and overcome. I'm not holding my breath though until that time actually comes.

#10784 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

That first part sounds like my Vikings,

I remember Gary Anderson hadn't missed a kick the entire season going into that championship game against the Falcons. I think the dude was like 40 years old at the time.

Hard to beat what Randall Cunningham and Randy Moss put together that year as far as offensive output. Sad it came to an end with one missed kick.

2 weeks later
#10893 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aren't the rams from St. Louis?!

Cleveland as far as I know.

2 weeks later
#10926 5 years ago

I didn't watch all of the games yesterday, but this was the play call and throw of the day I did see.

Nobody, I mean nobody goes deep from their own end zone anymore.

#10928 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Can’t wait till Sunday nights game w my chefs vs Pats..

I'm looking forward to that one as well, meaning both teams can't win. So whichever comes out on the losing end is sure to help one of my teams. Although I hate to depend on other teams losing, it is what it is.

#10931 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Happened in the Vikings game too.

I guess it's not that out of the ordinary, but after watching some of Tannehill's ball handling skills in the early game, it looked extraordinary.

1 week later
#10936 5 years ago

Thread sure is quiet today.

So I'm going to say hats off to the Chargers who went into Cleveland and beat a much improved Browns team decisively, and showed they not only have a potent offense but a shut down defense that's coming into it's own.

To the Chiefs, who went into NE and showed how to exploit the Pats weak secondary, and to the Pats for using that extra few days of rest to hang with them and pull out a much needed win.

To the Dolphins for actually using a veteran QB to play QB.

And the Rams. Can't say much that aint been said already.

#10945 5 years ago

LA not being able to support two teams at once?

You don't say!

Plus the place they chose to build the stadium is terrible. Close to the airport, yes, but not a great neighborhood to be in after dark. I won't be going anyway not just because of the price of tickets, I don't really care to drive to or thru that neighborhood.

#10950 5 years ago

Just because they call them the LA Chargers again doesn't mean they play in LA. Inglewood, although close is not LA. Even the stadium they are temporarily in now is not LA. Although they are in LA county.

That being here nor there, my opinion is they would be better served playing more south like in Orange County. They had plans to do up Anaheim Stadium again or put a new football stadium in the parking lot, but that never happened.

Even more sensible is further south in the Irvine area where the El Toro base used to be which was turned into a 1300 acre "Great Park" an ongoing project.

That area of south Orange County is very affluent and has seen significant growth over the last several decades but is a complete wasteland as far as any kind of entertainment venues . It would also be a better drive for those in San Diego that still want to support the team, especially on Sunday, and those of us in OC that have no urge to go to the LA metro area.

#10952 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know nothing about Southern California other than what I see on TV.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Valley Girl, Psych, Bosch. Those guy could get across town in 10 minutes; then I look on a map and it's half a days journey from San Fernando to Irvine, I feel like I have been deceived.

It's big and traffic can make it even harder to get from place to place in a reasonable amount of time. If you look at a map, the counties are as big or bigger than some of the east coast states. Like anywhere else there are good neighborhoods and bad.

LA itself is for the most part one big dense aging urban sprawl, with some high end areas on the outskirts like Beverly Hills. The SF Valley is north of there. I guess you could call them suburbs. Takes a long time to get there from here.

San Diego is it's own world, separated along the coast by near 30 miles of Camp Pendleton with several charming coastal cities until you get to the city itself, and inland by hills, mountains, and desert.

Orange county is in the middle. For the most part, the most recent to be developed, especially the southern half. As they run out of room to build here, the inland empire, San Bernadino county keeps growing to the mountains, desert and beyond. I'm in the north part of OC. If someone dropped a bomb on Disneyland, I could see the fireworks from here.

#10956 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I complain about the horrible drivers in Florida but there is nothing like the traffic in the L.A. area. Everyone owns a car and they all seem to be driving them at the same time.

When good old Walt started cutting down those orange groves in the mid 50s to make way for Disneyland, one of his observations was that the freeway system that was being planned and built to run thru orange county would never be enough to handle the huge amount of growth that would be coming in a few years. The man had amazing foresight and was a pure genius.

#10959 5 years ago

hand600span (resized).jpghand600span (resized).jpg
#10960 5 years ago

Back to football.

Who's going to get up at 6:00 AM to watch the Chargers game tomorrow? That's west coast time of course. The only way I think I'll be able to pull that off is staying up all night.

This London shit's gotta go!

#10963 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm gonna watch it but expecting the worst. Upside is I will have only consumed coffee at that time so should be able to follow it clearly!

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM? My bad, it's 6:30 AM our time. Still too early.

Beside that I always liked our traditional starting times. 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. 5:20? for the night games.

6:00 PM for MNF which is now long gone.

Bars serving bloody marys and prime rib and eggs for the early game or just waking up and settling in at home making breakfast and enjoying a full day of games.

#10965 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

830 here I think.

Yeah, I corrected my post. 6:00 AM or 6:30, it's still too early.

However that is what time I normally wake up on work days, so I may catch it anyway, if I remember.

Sunday AM is usually wake up when the squirrels start making their stupid noises or the dude across the creek starts hammering on something, which is usually pretty early anyway.

#10967 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Squirrels are a mess bro! Always out to fk up your weekend.

Yeah, we didn't have them in mass locally until a few years ago. Somebody thought it would be a nice gesture to release them in a local arboretum is what I've been told and they just multiplied from there. Screwed up my whole avocado theory as they aren't happy just eating one, they have to go around and chew on or drop every one on the tree. Possums are a much more reasonable animal.

#10970 5 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

That's why DVRs were invented -- football games move right along, cutting less into your Sunday surf-session...

Yeah, I never had one. I watch what's on when it's on. If I start recording shit, that might turn me into some kind of TV addict. I even forgot the baseball game was on last night until it was half over.

If I miss a game, there are sure to be highlights showed later. Over and over again...

#10974 5 years ago

43 seconds of regulation left! Time to make coffee.

#10975 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Are they allowing more people into CA or are the borders shut down?

Let's just say they haven't built any walls yet.

Great game! What I saw of it anyway.

#10976 5 years ago

Patriots getting stomped!

Go Bears

Oops- spoke too soon. lol

#10978 5 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

why watch football when you can watch this?

That was always the dilemma when living at the beach. They always picked the nicest, sunniest days to show football games. With a slight off shore breeze to make the waves near perfect. And today is no different for sure.

But alas I found I had to fix the washing machine, make six hour ribs on the Traeger, and drink all these Pacificos that are in the fridge today. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

#10981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not a problem, friend. Patriot fans have been reading posts like this for almost two decades. It's a compliment.

Yeah, that was just a spur of the moment, saw the Bears score post. You guys still need a lot of help on defense.

If there's one thing I've learned is don't bet on the Bears. Even in '85, I won money betting against them when they played the Dolphins.

We've got some nine ball on our local sportscast that always says shit that's wrong. When commenting on the Rams, he said "there is no perfect team, the last perfect team was the '85 Bears"

What an idiot! lol

#10985 5 years ago

The sun is fading behind the avocado tree as they are showing the highlites of the day.

DSCN6034 (resized).JPGDSCN6034 (resized).JPG
#10986 5 years ago

Looks like now it's time to root for the Bengals.

Go Cincy!

#10987 5 years ago

This year Detroit owns the best teams in the AFC east and Rodgers as well. Let's see if they can step up and finish this deal.

#11000 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So he has this grill, it's stainless and looks really nice. By some company called Kalamazoo Gourmet. It's propane,

Propane? 20k? What do you think I am, some stupid redneck with more money than sense?

That there is one of those newfangled wood pellet smoker grills. Cost about $250.
139143 (resized).jpg139143 (resized).jpg

#11005 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jerry is horrible at doing deals.

Yes, it's been almost three decades since he fired Tom Landry, hired Jimmy Johnson and traded Herschel Walker away...

That all seems like ancient history now.

#11008 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson, then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff. "

Jimmy's Jackpot!

#11010 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly his time in Miami wasn't as good but you remember that one.

I remember after the Cowboys started winning they did some animated clip during one of the games where Jimmy put a Herschel Walker coin in a slot machine, pulled the lever, and a bunch of coins with all his star players came pouring out.

That's what I remember about that.

3 weeks later
#11087 5 years ago

What a game last night! Epic.

Although neither team seems to be as good as the Saints right now.

#11095 5 years ago

So what I am learning is the Patriots and Chargers match up pretty well, but either team would find a way to lose. The Chiefs are still in the mix, but licking their wounds. Texans and Steelers are playing as good a football as any.

Rams high from the other night is short lived, as The Saints show they are still the way better all around team with the MVP of the league playing QB.

#11102 5 years ago

<

Quoted from vicjw66:

I can understand your attempt at trolling Rams fans. It must suck to be a San Diego chargers fan. A team that has a 50 year culture of choking.

Say what? I just call it like I see it and don't get too emotional about any of this shit.

Do you think I'm a huge Saints fan or something? Truth is Drew Brees is the league MVP at this moment and probably should have been before. And their defense is looking more stout than any of the other high scoring teams in the league. Anything can change week to week, but they are 10-1 and do own the tie breaker.

And correct me if I'm wrong but the LA Rams have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Chargers have. Zero.

Could have been a contender if Ferrragamo hadn't thrown that interception against the Steelers 38 years ago though. Talk about choking!

And I remember all those years the LA Rams thought they had a great team, but the 49rs or someone else was always better. Sounds not much different than the Chargers if you ask me.

#11109 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whoa. Easy man. It’s just football. Don’t take it so seriously.

After waiting 40 years, I don't take any of it seriously.

At least the Raiders gave the LA area one championship.

#11125 5 years ago

In other news, now that he is in the hall of fame, Terrell Owens says he would kneel during the national anthem if he played today.

Coincidence he waited until after he was inaugurated to make that statement?

#11129 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aren't we all tired of this dumb controversy?

You seem to get tired of a lot of things. You ever think about taking a vacation?

#11134 5 years ago

I suppose I could have brought up Rivers record setting day last Sunday with only one incompletion, but now that's old news too.

#11140 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHERE DO YOU STAND?!?!?! (or not stand)

Yeah that's old news as is anything Terrell Owens ever had to say.

I should have know better.

#11141 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Figured I'd post this rare NFL game here since the 1st responder just passed due to shipping costs.

Machine - For Sale
Rare Bell 1984 Super Bowl. LA Raiders fan alert!Fully shopped/refurbished “Selling a rare 1984 Super Bowl pin by Bell Games. This is a conversion game from Bally's X's and O's commemorating the then Los Angeles Raiders super bowl win over the Washington R...”
3 days ago Li, NY 1,800 (OBO)
Crispin

Lovely, but backglass fail on that one. It should be more like this.

Marcus-Allen-Super-Bowl-XVIII (resized).jpgMarcus-Allen-Super-Bowl-XVIII (resized).jpg
#11240 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Noone is bitching

#11244 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has any New England guy ever turned out to be a good hire? I can't think of one.

Pete Carroll did some pretty good things at USC and with the Seahawks.

#11246 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's a jets coach dumbass

They all gotta start somewhere and with him it might have been the Bills.

#11260 5 years ago

I had mentioned things can change from week to week, and I believe Phillip Rivers now has as good a shot as anybody to be league MVP this year.

The old man has been playing amazingly and has still never missed a start in his entire career. And the Chargers are now winning games they might normally lose. I can only hope it continues.

#11262 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why? Are you one of the three charger fans out there? You really are a contrarian aren't you?

I grew up in So Cal and they are the only team that didn't come from somewhere else, or felt the need to leave the region for decades and then come back.

So yeah, I support the only true home team we have.

#11269 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hahha. Ask San Diego about that.

They are still a lot closer to San Diego than any fans from Cleveland are to their Rams once they moved to Los Angeles.

Or Anaheim. Or even St. Louis. Or back to Los Angeles again.

#11271 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Damn right he would.[quoted image]

I'm sure Dan Fouts would be there too. Heck, he might even get to announce the game. I'd let him.

gettyimages-2368282-e1520553238823 (resized).jpggettyimages-2368282-e1520553238823 (resized).jpg
#11274 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

OC is Socals red headed stepchild.

Funny, as wasn't that the Rams third stop on their nationwide tour?

#11275 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That guy was fun to watch growing up. You could always count on him to fall just short in the end. And now there's Rivers. Funny how some things never change.

Sure but you had Pat Haden, Vince Farragamo, and Jim Everett. And who was that other guy, Dieter Brock?

I'll take Fouts and Rivers over any of those guys.

#11278 5 years ago

To be fair, The LA Rams did have a Super Bowl winning QB at one time.
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#11279 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They just had a shit owner. I never said I liked Rams ownership growing up. You surely know that the movie Major League was based on Rams ownership don't you?

I can't say the same thing about Alex Spanos.

He was a gentleman with pure class. Sure he had some tough decisions to make, but don't they all?

#11281 5 years ago

Jim Everett was great QB and a real nice dude. I met him at a meat market in San Clemente. He was there with his son picking out steaks. He was so cool and had no problem shooting the shit with a complete stranger like myself. I shook his hand and it was huge. Easier to grip the ball that way for sure.

If the 49rs hadn't been so great when he was in the league, then maybe it could have happened.

#11283 5 years ago

Good ole Jim Rome sure knows how to make friends, doesn't he?

#11286 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, there's a reason I hate the 49ers with a passion.

We have more in common than you might think.

Look, both our teams while in the So Cal area each made it to a Super Bowl and lost.

And they each won their perspective NFL and AFL championships before the merger.

And a least both teams seem to be in the running now. It would be awful hard to fill seats to pay for that new stadium if both were losers.

#11293 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are people starting to show up to chargers games?!

I don't know. I haven't been to one in years. Both stadiums are a little farther than I care to drive or pay whatever they are getting for tickets especially when every game is on TV now.

That was one good thing about the Rams in Anaheim. Close by and $10 seats. Or even the free club level seats my dad used to get.

I saw that epic overtime Marino vs. Everett game there in '86 or '87 I think and it didn't cost me a dime.

Heck, our Angels World Series tickets were only $60.

#11294 5 years ago

I did go to Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego a few times while they were there, but it was a long ass drive and a real nightmare getting in and out of the place especially on a Monday night.

Same as I really have no desire to drive to Los Angeles for anything anymore.

#11298 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Late career Everett got happy feat, but early career Everett was pretty damn good.

Everett had good stats early on, but besides having to play Montana's 49rs twice a year, or three times if they both made the playoffs, the LA area had already gotten used to watching another hall of fame, one of the all time greats in Jim Plunkett playing in the same stadium the Rams had abandoned.

LA Coliseum is never good enough to keep an NFL team, but they keep coming back to it. Haha. All I can say is don't park your car out on the street there.

#11299 5 years ago

It's a shame this guy got sidetracked and his career was an epic fail, because he had real talent and ability.
Todd (resized).jpgTodd (resized).jpg

#11305 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Break a leg, 'skins!

Tradition!

#11400 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Someone check to see if o-din just had a heart attack

Nope, no heart attack. It was just the beginning of another great Sunday of football. It wouldn't be the first time the Patriots looked like amateurs in Miami. Kind of becoming a regular thing. Those guys might be getting a little senile in their old age anyway. Brady said he forgot he had already used up his time outs before halftime. lol.

Looking forward to seeing if the Chargers have any payback for the Chiefs in them come Thursday.

#11405 5 years ago

I don't usually root for the Bears, but it was great to watch them take care of the Rams the other night.

A perfect ending for a great Sunday of football.

#11412 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Born in 75 so have no recollection of those teams

I do. We were out rock codding on the boat at the 14 mile bank listening to the Super Bowl on the radio the first time the Steelers beat the Cowboys.

I remember one of the guys on board wasn't too happy about that.

I caught a monster cow cod that day.

#11421 5 years ago

I don't feel so bad about being a Chargers fan anymore.

#11458 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im pumped! Going to the bears game on sunday. Bought tics at begining of the season and surprising my bro.

Well, in the playoffs if they have to come to LA to play the Rams, I'll pray for snow, how's that? Or at least some chilly weather.

Heck, it could be 90 degrees out and the Bears will probably still whomp their ass.

#11473 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Florida's population is like 2/3's from elsewhere. That must make it tough to win fans over, especially when the product is typically bad.

Ever been to Ca?

We not only get all the rejects from all the other states and countries, but other planets as well.

#11476 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The Thur night game, Chargers at K.C. should be a good game. Important AFC West game. Chiefs are favored by 3-1/2 points.
I like both teams and want both teams to win. Hey, maybe they will end in a tie.

Even if the Chargers win, the Chiefs still hold the tiebreaker in the division. That's not going to stop the Chargers from playing their game and trying to win out.

And if the best they come out of it is hosting a wild card game, then so be it. A bye week is always nice, but the Bolts have showed they can win on the road to. They don't really have a home yet anyway.

#11478 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They’re going to rent from the Rams like the Clippers rent from the Lakers. They will be playing in the Rams home kinda like Harry Potter plays under the staircase in his uncle’s house.

That's the only way the Rams will be able to pay for the stadium because they sure won't be able to keep the place filled themselves. Especially if they keep on choking like they did last weekend. Oh, that wasn't really a choke, they just came up against a way better team.

#11480 5 years ago

Saved for posterities sake? lol

#11482 5 years ago

Whatever happens, there is always that one constant in decades of LA sports. That soothing after game voice of Jim Hill.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
#11487 5 years ago

Is there a game tonight?

#11489 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes the chargers are scheduled to lose to the Chiefs to tonight.
Well, it probably starts in like 2 hours out there so good thing you're still drunk

I'll probably start over when I get home. No work tomorrow as if that really matters.

The fact that the Chargers winning without the Chiefs losing another game almost makes it meaningless, except for the fact they might have to go there and do it again makes it all the more interesting.

#11492 5 years ago

What is fantasy football?

Is that where the Browns win a Super Bowl?

#11494 5 years ago

What is fantasy football?

Is that where an LA team makes it to the Super Bowl?

#11498 5 years ago

That's why I only live ten minutes from work, so I can race home and see that. Ouch!

#11500 5 years ago

Looks like i'll be crackin' the Jack by halftime.

#11503 5 years ago

Alright Rivers, throw another pic for me would ya?

#11506 5 years ago

After the zebras were done playing chess with both teams, my team decided to win.

#11509 5 years ago

Do you guys think we can shoe Rivers into that MVP conversation now?

#11511 5 years ago

But we do have a what have you done for me lately league.

#11518 5 years ago

I did come to for the final 3 seconds though, and yes it was awesome. I think they went for 2 because they had already seen enough yellow flags for one night.

Quoted from mcluvin:

And no Melvin Gordon....

Or Keenan Allen.

#11520 5 years ago

Rivers is truly an iron man. Never missed a game. I remember about 10 years ago when he got his knee busted up in that playoff game, I thought he would never be the same. He was throwing some lightning bolts last night for sure.

#11522 5 years ago

Well he may not have the legs that young kid on the other side has, but he sure still has the arm. And I think he was throwing better than the other guy as well. Except for those two picks, of course.

#11526 5 years ago

Well, what I got out of this with them being able to pull that out with two of their best skill players on the sideline and that win in Pittsburgh two week ago, is they are the best team in the AFC right now.

And if history repeats itself and the Chiefs go on to flounder in the remainder of the season, and the Bolts end up with the top seed then the road to the Super Bowl goes thru Carson of all places.

I know, a lot of wishful thinking on my part. But we're about as close as we've been in a real long time.

#11527 5 years ago

Personally, I can't wait to see Gronkowski try to tackle either Melvin Gordon or Keenan Allen.

#11529 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Bailed on the game with chieves up 14 late

I almost did as that last TD drive by the Chiefs was flag city on the Bolts, so I figured there was no way the refs were going to let the Chargers back in it.

I was pretty sloshed by then and that's right when I made that post about Rivers throwing another pic. lol. Hope returned pretty fast though as they drove right down the field and scored.

#11530 5 years ago

I was watching the news after the game last night and it looks like quite a few LA football fans have finally traded in their Raiders gear.
9818732 (resized).jpg9818732 (resized).jpg

#11535 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What do you think of their Radio guy Odin?

They're on TV every week now so I haven't listened since Hacksaw. "Jumbo backfield, everybody into the pattern, touchdown Shan Diegooooo!"

Whoever they got now can't be any worse than the TV team of Buck and Aikman. The whole Fox thing sucks.

Personally I like the CBS team with Fouts doing commentary.

Quoted from vicjw66:

the other 3 Charger fans out there.

Apparently you haven't noticed the trend. Less Raiders jerseys and hats and more Chargers. Nobody wore Rams shit anymore when they left town, and to tell you the truth, I'm still not seeing much of that now. Heck, I see more Steelers hats than Rams hats.

#11536 5 years ago

Good game here. I don't know who to root for.

They just mentioned next weeks game between the Ravens and Chargers and I want to go.

And nothing against the Rams except they are our cross ghetto rivals. They are fielding the best team they have here since the 70s. Maybe better. They already beat the Chargers once this year, but that was early on like the Chiefs.

8 months later
#13279 4 years ago

I see the Chargers making the playoffs and playing great all year, but again the league not wanting any playoff games in such a small insignificant venue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
2,044 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 4 of 9.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/4?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.