960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 1,513.
#24901 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Have you ever actually reached through the keyboard and kicked some ass? It just sounds like only something Vid could do...

There was this one time...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creep-follows-my-daughter-to-hotel-room-guess-how-this-ends#post-5040290

#24903 3 years ago

Totally wrong stat. lololol

#24904 3 years ago

I'm just a bar brawler.
BeaglePuss...now there's an actual tough guy. Dude is a total bad ass boxer. Wish i lived closer to him, to learn stuff.

#24905 3 years ago

Saints looked good. On to Vegas next Monday night!

#24906 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm just a bar brawler.
BeaglePuss...now there's an actual tough guy. Dude is a total bad ass boxer. Wish i lived closer to him. To learn stuff.

Whoa, not sure where that came from bud. I posted a dumb/wrong stat, and then edited my post. I don’t know if you thought it was a jab at you or something, but I don’t know what that’s all about.

#24907 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Whoa, not sure where that came from bud. I posted a dumb/wrong stat, and then edited my post. I don’t know if you thought it was a jab at you or something, but I don’t know what that’s all about.

Cause youre an actual boxer.
Im not.
That's all. No jab at all, you just hapoened to show up ha. Always respected you man.

#24908 3 years ago

Why when you need 3 yards you run a route of only 2 yards.

#24909 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cause youre an actual boxer.
Im not.
That's all. No jab at all, you just hapoened to show up ha. Always respected you man.

No worries my man. You also don’t need my help. You’ve dished out more ass-kickings than I have recently, that’s for sure.

#24910 3 years ago

That's the McCarthy offense I remember, pass on the FG and throw it short on 4th to turn it over on downs.

#24911 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's the McCarthy offense I remember, pass on the FG and throw it short on 4th to turn it over on downs.

Why would you not tie the game in that situation? Stupid! Decisions like that and Cowboys are destined for another 8-8 at best.

#24912 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why would you not tie the game in that situation? Stupid!

Stupid is my new coach.

#24913 3 years ago

Terrible OPI call! Hand fighting by both, no full extension, and defender loses footing.

Even so, in the end that was a coach’s loss. Jason Garret could have done that. All that time left, you knew you would get the ball back, yet you choose to leave points on the field. Frustrating! Geez, no guarantee you would have won, but give yourself a freak’n chance. Even if they would have made it, completely the wrong decision. I can handle losses as a fan, but I can’t tolerate stupidity by the coaching staff.

#24914 3 years ago

Typical choke by officials instead of ketting players play and Ra.s llayer interfered as well.

#24915 3 years ago

Everyone wanted the PI review to be removed. It was. Even though the overturn rate was low last year, now you have NO chance of getting something overturned. It's not better.

#24916 3 years ago

Everyone wanted the PI review to be removed. It was. Even though the overturn rate was low last year, now you have NO chance of getting something overturned. It's not better.

And there will be games possibly in the playoffs where PI will be missed and fans screaming for a review system. Hate the NBA review system in how long it takes sometimes including some playoffs game take 10-15 minutes to finish the last 90+ seconds. But at least they try to get calls corrected that are happen so fast no human team of officials could ever get them as right as replay reviews. Officials didn't cost the Cowboys the game. Some questionable coaching decisions and overall the Rams offense was better. Dak tries very hard and gives it his all, but Dallas in past several seasons often loses close games even when the defense and other areas play reasonably well. In my mind Dak hasn't shown he deserves this ultra huge salary that's been predicted he will likely get. He has great stats and makes some great plays many times. Yet he is not in the top tier of great NFL qbs as stats alone are enough.

#24917 3 years ago

Remember the George Michael Sports Machine? I miss that show.

#24918 3 years ago

Cowboys receiver definitely pushed off. He doesn’t make that catch if he doesn’t. Whether it was enough of a push to call PI is debatable. Ramsey sold it well. What isn’t debatable is the smack to the face of Jared Goff that was missed that caused his lone interception. Calls evened out.

Both teams looked pretty good for week 1 with no preseason. Dallas certainly looked better than the Eagles. The injury to Vander Esch is a big blow though.

Rams won and niners lost. Today was a good day.

#24919 3 years ago

Of course...george was our local market (DC) guy so of course we took special pride.

I think warner wolf accused him of stealing his act.

#24920 3 years ago

Well 1st week pretty much in the books and so far pretty damn crazy. I'm assuming things will level out across the league over the next couple games and we'll get a good look at where every team is actually at for the year.

#24921 3 years ago

It was my Sunday night ritual growing up, falling asleep to The Sports Machine.

#24922 3 years ago

I am finally starting to think the world is getting back to normal now. The best evidence I have seen of things heading back toward normalcy was Philly blowing a 17-0 lead, and going on to lose.

#24923 3 years ago

Isn't it fun watching football again? Cowboys/Rams was great, Raiders/Panthers and TB/Saints were each entertaining for their own reasons, and it just felt good to sit on the couch and watch it all. The NFL was wise to keep the empty stands out of frame most of the time, and the fake crowd noise was good enough for me anyway to make it all seem like football as usual. Who knows if they'll make it through the season, but it'll be fun watching as long as they're playing.

#24924 3 years ago

My review:

Week 1 NFL was an astounding success. So far, of all the major sports, this is the best facsimile for real life. Part of it is the sport itself; it just lends itself to TV better than anything else. PLus, as my gf noted, theres so many people on the sidelines constantly in view it helps avoid the "ghost town" effect we see in the other sports, even stuff like Horse Racing.

Timing is also on NFL's side, not only did they wrap up their season just before the virus took hold, they also got to see all the other sports restart, see the mistakes they made, and plan accordingly. Last but not least everybody else has too; the commercials coming out now are finally polished for the "covid era." The whole thing just reeked of normalcy for 2020, whereas everybody else had to start before that was really even a concept.

The social justice stuff they also did a pretty good job of handling. Since they are now trying to embrace it, rather than fine and punish players, it's a bit of an about-face so I was curious how well they'd pull it off. Even right wing personalities like Al Micheals seems to pull it off with relative grace, with everybody latching on to the "unity" concept it was a pretty easy out of these guys. Again I think they did a pretty good job handling what is STILL a hot button issue for them. The fact that most stadiums are empty goes a long way toward the league being able to handle this messaging without having to deal with thousands of booing morons like you saw in the KC game, makes it all go down a little easier - it must be nice for the on air talent to not have to comment on that, like the guys on Thursday night were forced to. I did think it was funny they showed basically a military recruitment film in between cutaways of players the anthem before the DC/Eagles game, but again I think it showed a deft touch the NFL has shown previously no ability or willingness to employ. Yes, there's a couple DC players kneeling or throwing the fist, and the Eagles are still in the locker room, but here's tons of shots of the US flag, monuments in DC, and a navy chorus making us all proud! So bear with us and don't throw your bowl of chips into the flat screen, we are juggling a lot here!

It could all be blown up by a big COIVD outbreak on a team(s) but for now they are off to a good start. I think the laugh track fake crowd noise is dumb and we could do without it, but I seem to be in the minority there. Most importantly I was very entertained for 12 hours straight of pro football and that's nothing I expected to be doing a couple months ago. Also Washington humiliated the Eagles with their heroic comeback, Chase Young clearly is the real deal no question marks (should probably just give him defensive ROY right now), and riverboat ron looks like a winner! And the COwboys lost.

All in all a good day!

#24925 3 years ago

Well I’ll enjoy it while I can but the team with no name is first in the division haha.

#24926 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It was my Sunday night ritual growing up, falling asleep to The Sports Machine.

Same here. That was my Sports center when I was a kid with no cable TV in the house.

#24927 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Well I’ll enjoy it while I can but the team with no name is first in the division haha.

First in the standings is a team with no name
It felt good to bring Eagles' fans pain
Cause in the Fed Ex field
you won't see a team name
but somehow there's still a football game

na na, na na na na naaa....

#24928 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

First in the standings is a team with no name
It felt good to bring Eagles' fans pain
Cause in the Fed Ex field
you won't see a team name
but somehow there's still a football game
na na, na na na na naaa....

Keep your day job.

#24929 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Keep your day job

He's waiting for the coffee shops to open to debut his new song "clipped wings" on the "soar no more album".

#24930 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He's waiting for the coffee shops to open to debut his new song "clipped wings" on the "soar no more album".

I ain't waiting for shit I'm rocking the fuck out at any given opportunity!!!

Here I am tearing it up in front of an old van over the weekend.

D2721096-1AE1-4906-A909-1907F469523A (resized).jpegD2721096-1AE1-4906-A909-1907F469523A (resized).jpeg
#24931 3 years ago

I preferred his work in Wham to his later solo career.

#24932 3 years ago

Benny Snell looking like he’s not screwing up his opportunity to take over for Conner when he inevitably gets injured again and again.

#24933 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Benny Snell looking like he’s not screwing up his opportunity to take over for Conner when he inevitably gets injured again and again.

Reminded me of Bell with his slashing style of running.

#24934 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Reminded me of Bell with his slashing style of running.

He definitely doesn’t have the same vision or finesse, but he will drag ten guys if he has to.

Sucks so bad he and Dupree play for the Steelers.

#24935 3 years ago

Midnight and 2 quarters left. This just doesn't feel right...

#24936 3 years ago

Central time is pretty great for sports. I think Mountain might be better, but I do really like having those West Coast games on a Saturday night carry me past midnight.

#24937 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200915-000920~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200915-000920~2 (resized).png
#24938 3 years ago

Wow Denver's clock management at end of a tight game was horrible! 3 tos and don't use them to give themselves a chance.

#24939 3 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Wow Denver's clock management at end of a tight game was horrible! 3 tos and don't use them to give themselves a chance.

Disappointing end to the game to a surprisingly tight game. Denver D looked stout, especially against the run, but 14 points won't win many games in the NFL. Lock needs to up his consistency and hopefully Jeudy can tighten up those unforced drops, reminiscent of Demaryius Thomas at his droppiest. Still, they're a young offense and it's early, so there's reason to hope.

#24940 3 years ago

I expect young WRs to have some drops. If they're in a position to get targeted with any frequency in their first season, that's a pretty good sign.

#24941 3 years ago

Recorded the late game and got up early to watch. NFL was merciful towards their fans by scheduling it so late. Terrible game

#24942 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Recorded the late game and got up early to watch. NFL was merciful towards their fans by scheduling it so late. Terrible game

Think the Titans are heading back to the kicker market? Or will they chalk this one up to post-surgery yips and give Gostkowski another week or two?

#24943 3 years ago

Bills baby!

BILLS!@!

#24944 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here I am tearing it up in front of an old van over the weekend.

Not a dry seat in the house!

#24945 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Think the Titans are heading back to the kicker market? Or will they chalk this one up to post-surgery yips and give Gostkowski another week or two?

Don't know, but I'm sure he will be closely monitored in practices this week.

What about those commentary guys last night? Did they hit up the head shops before the game? Even the yellow line guy was a mess.

#24946 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Don't know, but I'm sure he will be closely monitored in practices this week.
What about those commentary guys last night? Did they hit up the head shops before the game? Even the yellow line guy was a mess.

Everybody was just burnt out. I made it till 11:30 before throwing in towel.

#24947 3 years ago

I watched the entire game hoping Denver could hold on for the win.

#24948 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They were terrible. And either their cameramen and producer were also stoned, or were just sick of listening to them, given the number of times they called for a replay and we got to watch gripping walking back to the line footage instead.

#24949 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody was just burnt out. I made it till 11:30 before throwing in towel.

I made it until almost 1 am. That was a pretty boring game. I should have went to bed earlier.

#24950 3 years ago

I have a NFL gamepass, but our german broadcasters are so good and funny I always prefere them:
https://dailysnark.com/2020/09/16/german-broadcasters-reaction-to-hearing-tom-brady-curse-after-a-touchdown-is-hilarious/?fbclid=IwAR0oRLQWfchfO10nrutoJfNUSyKdQvPtLpD22amkF-CMsm1nEstxbFe3MA4

We now have many nfl games here in german free TV and they are doing such a good job to broadcast them. I am a Football fan all my life but for the last years we now have a real Football Boom here in germany cause of the great TV Show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
There are 75,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/499?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.