spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 1,513.
#24651 3 years ago

Levi, It's pretty clear where you stand, I'm just askin', is your latest avatar in protest of pinball?

#24652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just loved being preached to by pious professional football players - they are so above reproach.
BTW, "The Arrest-O-Meter" on this site is pure genius! | http://www.nflarrest.com

Interesting site, Pacman Jones holding down the top spot! Also RIP Chris Henry . Intriguing the Falcons top the charts for animal abuse, and that doesnt even include Vick! WTF is in the water down in Atlanta?

#24653 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Levi, It's pretty clear where you stand, I'm just askin', is your latest avatar in protest of pinball?

I think you meant to say "It's pretty clear where he kneels."

#24654 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

No, it's in protest of idiots.

#24656 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Geez I wasn't trying to be hostile.

Oddly enough, I think the avatar is a self-fulfillment of the stated intent.

#24657 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oddly enough, I think the avatar is a self-fulfillment of the stated intent.

Oddly enough, you seem to think everything is odd.

Oddly enough, maybe this makes everything normal?

#24658 3 years ago

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to how the Cowboys will play things out. I'm concerned that the heritage and moniker of "America's Team" is at risk.

#24659 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to how the Cowboys will play things out. I'm concerned that the moniker of "America's Team" is at risk.

Oddly enough, it's going to play out like it always does!

They'll manage to win one of their first two games, and oddly enough Cowboys Nation will be saying Super Bowl!

Oddly enough, the NFC East is gonna suck again, and oddly enough the champion of the division will not be going anywhere.

#24660 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to how the Cowboys will play things out. I'm concerned that the moniker of "America's Team" is at risk.

Would that mean we wouldn't have to have so much air time dedicated to a 8-8 team??

I kid (mostly)

#24661 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oddly enough, it's going to play out like it always does!
They'll manage to win one of their first two games, and oddly enough Cowboys Nation will be saying Super Bowl!
Oddly enough, the NFC East is gonna suck again, and oddly enough the champion of the division will not be going anywhere.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Would that mean we wouldn't have to have so much air time dedicated to a 8-8 team??
I kid (mostly)

While I am a Cowboys fan (not always the case as I wasn't born or raised in Texas), I do agree the blind hype year after year is indeed undeserved (you can rest on your 20+ year laurels for only so long). However, for some reason they still remain one of, if not the best drawing/ratings teams in the league. Not sure why this is the case (haven't taken the time to research), but I would really be interested in knowing how the younger generations of fans perceive them. Of course, living here in DFW it's Cowboys 24x7x365 on nearly all sports media outlets, so kind of hard not being abducted into the cult.

#24662 3 years ago

Did anyone watch the documentary on the construction of the new LA stadium the other night? It is truly a remarkable engineering feet, and quite beautiful. Don't know if I'll ever get to see it in person, but I am looking forward to seeing it on TV (won't be quite the same without a packed house).

I'm also really digging the new Rams logo (couldn't care less about the team). I did chuckle a little when during the documentary they were talking about the Chargers logo and uniforms being the most iconic. I think maybe whoever said that actually did get struck by a lightning bolt.

Being here in DFW, I've been to the Cowboys stadium a few times (also drove by it twice a day for 5+ years during my commute), and it is very impressive. Now, if we could only get the broadcasting companies to stop highlighting the artwork in the stadium, showing cowboy hats being steamed, and featuring longhorn steers in the pasture every time a Cowboys game is on.

About the only more stereotypical thing I've experience was growing up in Oklahoma where people from other parts of the country would visit and sincerely wonder where all of the teepees were.

#24663 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did anyone watch the documentary on the construction of the new LA stadium the other night? It is truly a remarkable engineering feet, and quite beautiful. Don't know if I'll ever get to see it in person, but I am looking forward to seeing it on TV (won't be quite the same without a packed house).
I'm also really digging the new Rams logo (couldn't care less about the team). I did chuckle a little when during the documentary they were talking about the Chargers logo and uniforms being the most iconic. I think maybe whoever said that actually did get struck by a lightning bolt.
Being here in DFW, I've been to the Cowboys stadium a few times (also drove by it twice a day for 5+ years during my commute), and it is very impressive. Now, if we could only get the broadcasting companies to stop highlighting the artwork in the stadium, showing cowboy hats being steamed, and featuring longhorn steers in the pasture every time a Cowboys game is on.
About the only more stereotypical thing I've experience was growing up in Oklahoma where people from other parts of the country would visit and sincerely wonder where all of the teepees were.

EX62Q73WoAAEl7H (resized).jpgEX62Q73WoAAEl7H (resized).jpg
#24664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oddly enough, there is already a moment of unity built into every pre-game during the National Anthem, except this moment is inclusive of all participants (players, fans, viewers, etc.) Unfortunately, this is the time when many choose to display disunity through their actions.
----------------
Downvote(s) on a moment of unity - how revealing.

I always find it interesting to watch the players in hockey when they play the anthem. Half the players aren't from the country of the anthem that is playing. Sure, they might feel something for the country that currently signs the paychecks but what purpose does it really serve for them?

#24665 3 years ago

Kneeling for you own anthem or a competitors anthem while you are a visitor is "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" by definition.

#24666 3 years ago

Fuck...that was a great opening night! By the threats in my inbox I'm pretty sure we had a good one.

#24667 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck...that was a great opening night! By the threats in my inbox I'm pretty sure we had a good one.

Hillbilly hatemail: 2020 NFL Edition?!

#24668 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hillbilly hatemail: 2020 NFL Edition?!

I'm thinking of physically cutting the cable line to my house on Sunday. But no Redzone then...dammit

#24669 3 years ago

Why were ratings down significantly?

#24670 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Fans were out protesting instead of watching the game?

All I know is I have never liked my local team, the Falcons.

I will not even turn that game on Sunday, and I hope I can watch another game in that time slot.

On local news the media has been all stupid about what the Falcon stadium is supposed to be about with no fans in the stand.

For a while now I used to watch Falcon games, because I like Julio Jones, and I am always interested to see if he can jump high enough to catch that 10 feet over his head pass Matt Ryan just threw.

For whatever reason so many people like Matt Ryan, please, look at film more carefully.

The TV announcers will even say that Matt put that ball in a place that only the receiver could catch it.

No shit. Matt always overthrows, so the Falcons have to draft receivers that can jump high enough to catch his passes to make his stats look good.

I do enjoy watching a lot of teams.

I do like Denver the best.

Until Denver gets their act together again I will be enjoying watching Mahomes.

I love a entertaining football game, and so far Patrick has never disappointed me.

And yes I look forward to watching Burrows and everyone else.

I do not hate any team. or anyone. (I have always disliked Matt Ryan though).

#24671 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There are a ton of different reasons, including a small number who have been turned off by politics, but when comparing to last year's opener, it was Bears vs. Packers. That is an all-time classic rivalry.

KC has a loyal fan base, but HOU is always going to be DAL's little brother until they can get over the hump of slightly above average football in spite of their coach.

The opener was also competing against playoff basketball... When has that ever happened?

#24672 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There are a ton of different reasons, including a small number who have been turned off by politics, but when comparing to last year's opener, it was Bears vs. Packers. That is an all-time classic rivalry.
KC has a loyal fan base, but HOU is always going to be DAL's little brother until they can get over the hump of slightly above average football in spite of their coach.
The opener was also competing against playoff basketball... When has that ever happened?

Does any of this matter though? I am sure it does to an extent, but you would think ANY NFL fan would have been glued to the TV Thursday to watch some real football. Especially when you conciser the fact we had no preseason, etc.

Im sure you are right, and match ups have much to do with ratings, but I am surprised it was down compared to last year. Personally ive never been more excited for a season to start. Im sure part of my excitement is its almost impossible for the Bengals to do worse than last season, but certainly Covid has most of us stir crazy and craving some NFL football.

#24673 3 years ago

I’m certainly pumped to watch the Birds go up against the....ummm...that Washington team.

#24674 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It was the lowest in 10 years, 13% is a big drop

#24675 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Especially when you conciser the fact we had no preseason, etc

A lot of the different articles I have read have cited lack of preseason as a negative to the ratings. They state that preseason brings the casual fan into the regular season.

Just reading this thread, I think the #1 cause of ratings drop is the crew calling the game in the booth... Lol

Either way, over 20 million people watched Thursday night football.. I don't think the NFL is concerned about that.

#24676 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Does any of this matter though? I am sure it does to an extent, but you would think ANY NFL fan would have been glued to the TV Thursday to watch some real football. Especially when you conciser the fact we had no preseason, etc.

I didn't watch. I just don't care about Chiefs vs. Texans. Plus I'm tired of the gushing over Mahomes. Add on the NBC crew and I was out from the start.

#24677 3 years ago

Well looks like if I'm going to watch any football I'll have to wait until kickoff to tune in and then out at half time (nothing changing there). I'll have to see how it goes on Sunday. Never listen to TV commentators if at all possible, like the radio for Cincinnati and Chicago has some good ones too.

#24678 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First off, ratings haven't been falling. Second, in a pendemic they will be way up.

Ahhhh...little kapernick news really got you sad today huh?
Lame ass "I'm quitting sports" shit from old men is nothing new, and it hasn't hurt any sport in the last 100 years...well maybe boxing
Before you it was the people complaining aboot players thanking god every second, or some other lame ass thing that doesn't matter. Joe Burrow shows up but now THIS is going to stop you watching football? No one has believed Who-Dey the last 25 times he's said it, don't know why you'd be any diff'rent

Might be due to me never having said I quit anything. I said I'm at the point I may have to quit watching all sports.

Still think the ratings are not falling, 15% down on the 1st game out of the gate. Ratings will be down all season with possible exception of the playoffs and SB.

#24679 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Still think the ratings are not falling, 15% down on the 1st game out of the gate. Ratings will be down all season with possible exception of the playoffs and SB.

I still do yes...but we shall see.

#24680 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Might be due to me never having said I quit anything. I said I'm at the point I may have to quit watching all sports.

Ratings were down 16.1% and the NBA is down around 50%. Nobody cares about baseball anymore and Nascar who was going down the shitter anyways has completely tanked thanks to Bubba Wallace. People are fed up with multi millionaire babies who don't have a clue what it's like to work for a living and struggle to make ends meet.

The NBA kneeled on 9/11 even during the playing of the National Anthem and that really pissed off a bunch of people. The athletes that are ruining pro sports wont be affected but they are destroying their teams and future athletes salaries.

Also I have quit watching pro sports because of all of this. I turned the channel immediately after the National Anthem Thursday and I will not be watching the Bengals game Sunday either other than to see what kind of BS they are gonna pull. Its rumored that they are going to make a big stand like all if them kneel or maybe they stay in the locker room during the National Anthem. If that happens the TV goes off.

Also the ratings will keep dropping instead of getting better. Anyone who thinks this is ok has something wrong with them and people better wake up and care about things like this. Anyone who puts a football game before our country, veterans, and military is a very stupid person.

#24681 3 years ago

For me it's cut and dry. I fully support their cause and always have, what I disagree with and am offended by is the kneeling "during the Anthem" if they would stop that I'd have no bitch. I could/would agree with any other time to protest even set time side at halftime/start of game I don't care just not at that moment.

#24682 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

For me it's cut and dry. I fully support their cause and always have, what I disagree with and am offended by is the kneeling "during the Anthem" if they would stop that I'd have no bitch. I could/would agree with any other time to protest even set time side at halftime/start of game I don't care just not at that moment.

I dont even support their cause because it's a lie. Also I will not support any organization that supports a group that is a group that has bad intentions for this country. I would really like to say more but just cant without getting political. Bottom line is I dont want or need any of this bullshit mixed with my sports entertainment.

These guys need to do this shit on their own time if they believe in it so much but we all know that will never happen because they are way too busy enjoying their lavish lifestyles. This is a total F joke and I hope they all go bankrupt because of it or at least get severely hurt financially because if it. The NFL and the owners have no balls at all. They dont believe in this shit anymore than I do. If I protested on my job I would be fired and removed from the property.

#24683 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ratings were down 16.1% and the NBA is down around 50%. Nobody cares about baseball anymore and Nascar who was going down the shitter anyways has completely tanked thanks to Bubba Wallace. People are fed up with multi millionaire babies who don't have a clue what it's like to work for a living and struggle to make ends meet.
The NBA kneeled on 9/11 even during the playing of the National Anthem and that really pissed off a bunch of people. The athletzls that are ruining pro sports wont be affected but they are destroying their teams and future athletes salaries.
Also I have quit watching pro sports because of all of this. I turned the channel immediately after the National Anthem Thursday and I will not be watching the Bengals game Sunday either other than to see what kind of BS they are gonna pull. Its rumored that they are going to make a big stand like all if them kneel or maybe they stay in the locker room during the National Anthem. If that happens the TV goes off.
Also the ratings will keep dropping instead of getting better. Anyone who thinks this is ok has something wrong with them and people better wake up and care about things like this. Anyone who puts a football game before our country, veterans, and military is a very stupid person.

I respect your stance mr Who-Dey, and I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform. I think anyone who disrespects what they do is a pile of shit in its purist form.

That said, I truly dont think the majority of people kneeling, etc. believe they are being disrespectful. I am certainly not saying they arent, I am just saying I believe, that they believe they arent. As much as I personally would never kneel during the anthem, I believe they have the right to do so, so long as the NFL allows it. At the end of the day, they are a business, and will literally do anything, so long as the money is coming in. You are talking about an organization who has punished people more so for smoking weed than beating women.

Personally im going to go the route Russ seems to be going and simply not tuning in to any pregame festivities. Do whatever you feel is right, but I just think you are robbing yourself of some quality entertainment, just as I feel like the folks who protest Chick Fil-A are robbing their taste buds of a delicious chicken sandwich.

P.S. - the Vegas odds of you missing Burrow throw his first touchdown are like +2000, so its doubtful anyone is winning this bet.

#24684 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

just as I feel like the folks who protest Chick Fil-A are robbing their taste buds of a delicious chicken sandwich.

Finally, some sense kicked into this thread. Their chicken sandwiches are stellar.

#24685 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I truly dont think the majority of people kneeling, etc. believe they are being disrespectful.

I dont think that they believe that they are being disrespectful either, but the fact of the matter is, it IS disrespectful whether it is intentional or not and they KNOW that many people are pissed about it so why do they continue to do something that is so controversial?

Also like I said, this is all a bullshit lie anyways and I'm sick of hearing about it.

Eat more chicken!

#24686 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally, some sense kicked into this thread. Their chicken sandwiches are stellar

They are my second choice if I can't get Wendy's Spicy.

#24687 3 years ago

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is no joke!!

#24688 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Oh my God!! It is really good. We don't generally eat fried food, but T-Mobile Tuesdays gave me a free one a couple weeks ago. You feel it afterwards, but man that's a good chicken sandwich.

#24689 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You got that right. I still think I may like Chic filet better but man that SOB is good for sure popeyes and Chic filet are definitely #1 and #2 regardless of which order you put them in. I used to love Wendy's but they have changed something and they just arent very good anymore.

#24690 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think that they believe that they are being disrespectful either,

Why not?

#24691 3 years ago

I just dont think that they are intentional disrespecting our military and our veterans, but intentional.or not that's what its doing.

#24692 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally, some sense kicked into this thread. Their chicken sandwiches are stellar.

Gotta be spicy though. Life is too short to not order spicy.

#24693 3 years ago

I get mine spicy and plain then smother it in provolone cheese at home.

#24694 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Never had one!

#24695 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got that right. I still think I may like Chic filet better but man that SOB is good for sure popeyes and Chic filet are definitely #1 and #2 regardless of which order you put them in. I used to love Wendy's but they have changed something and they just arent very good anymore.

I agree about the Wendy’s, used to be a favorite, ordered one last week and couldn’t finish it, rubbery.

#24696 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I agree about the Wendy’s, used to be a favorite, ordered one last week and couldn’t finish it, rubbery.

Exactly, something has changed. WTF would you do that to such a great item on your menu? Also Wendy's hamburgers are different than they were. They are still ok but not quite the same and smaller. I would rather they leave things the same and just charge me more money.

Give me 5 guys for a burger, they are awesome!

#24697 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly, something has changed. WTF would you do that to such a great item on your menu? Also Wendy's hamburgers are different than they were. They are still ok but not quite the same and smaller. I would rather they leave things the same and just charge me more money.

Want a real kick to the nuts? Think about when you were younger. TGIF was on ABC and you decided to order a Pizza Hut Supreme pizza. Life is perfect....

Now, think about Pizza Hut today, fucking joke.

#24698 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The NBA kneeled on 9/11 even during the playing of the National Anthem and that really pissed off a bunch of people. The athletes that are ruining pro sports wont be affected but they are destroying their teams and future athletes salaries.

If Football and Basketball are down that far my guess is Hockey is worse....

#24699 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly, something has changed.

Dave died. I will say the Baconator Breakfast Sandwich is not bad, especially for free.

#24700 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If Football and Basketball are down that far my guess is Hockey is worse....

Not really sure honestly. I havent been watching the playoffs since my team got eliminated but I think I will watch today's games when I get off work tonight.

Have they been kneeling and doing the BLM crap in the NHL too every game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/494?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.