iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 1,506.
#24601 3 years ago

I feel like DeShaun Watson is drastically overpaid watching this game.

#24602 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I hear the KC chant! Where is the dude who does it in his living room!!!??

They were doing it and NFl was proudly showing it early in the game.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

...Zero things to like about him. Haha

Hmmm....hmmm.....He's NOT Sean Salsbury?

Quoted from Colsond3:

Almost like getting rid of the 3rd best WR in the league wasn't a good idea.

#24603 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

5 minute Photoshop fun....
Andy Reid Pregame-
[quoted image]

Andy Reid Postgame-
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#24604 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Watson is good but he's saddled with bad skill players, worse Bill O'Brien.

#24605 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

His coach also sold a top tier WR AND a 4th rounder for a JAG RB.

#24606 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

He probably has Dak Prescott foaming at the mouth right now.

#24607 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

...worse Bill O'Brien.

Well at least he isn't the coach AND the general....ohhhh fuck

#24608 3 years ago

Mahomes throwing on the run just looks unfair

#24609 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So you stand for pinball but not the anthem? Tisk tisk. Missing a great game.

I'm sure that I am and I wish I could watch Joe Burrow this year but using sports as a platform to Express your political and racial views especially during the National Anthem is just something that I can't bend on. I honestly hope they go bankrupt for allowing this.

It will all change back once it starts affecting player and owners salaries. I cant wait for that day to happen. Unfortunately by the time it does there will be a lot of fans who wont come back because they will realize that sports wasnt as important to them as they thought. I love sports but I'm doing fine without them.

#24610 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love sports but I'm doing fine without them

You don't have to give them up completely, The Onion has you covered-
https://sports.theonion.com/man-just-wants-to-watch-basketball-in-peace-without-bei-1844870156

#24611 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will all change back once it starts affecting player and owners salaries. I cant wait for that day to happen. Unfortunately by the time it does there will be a lot of fans who wont come back because they will realize that sports wasnt as important to them as they thought.....

Yeah we all remember your riff when the AFL started, we get it.

#24612 3 years ago

Whhhhhat? False start wasn't called?!? I'm so shocked.

#24613 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm sure that I am and I wish I could watch Joe Burrow this year but using sports as a platform to Express your political and racial views especially during the National Anthem is just something that I can't bend on. I honestly hope they go bankrupt for allowing this.
It will all change back once it starts affecting player and owners salaries. I cant wait for that day to happen. Unfortunately by the time it does there will be a lot of fans who wont come back because they will realize that sports wasnt as important to them as they thought. I love sports but I'm doing fine without them.

Yawn. For someone who constantly calls other people pussies you sure sound an awful lot like one.

#24614 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Yawn. For someone who constantly calls other people pussies you sure sound an awful lot like one.

Only one way to find out isnt there?

#24615 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

OLD FASHIONED SUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

#24616 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fuck Yeah! Bike Racks, after school, its on like Donkey Kong!

#24617 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OLD FASHIONED SUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

kNiV2h.gifkNiV2h.gif
#24618 3 years ago

I love the "glimmer of hope for the next game" after some trash time points.

I am impressed Will Fuller isn't knocked out of the game already.

#24619 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I am impressed Will Fuller isn't knocked out of the game already.

Game isn't over yet... He looked like he came up a bit limp reaching for that Gatorade.

I am still waiting for JJ Watt to "Play Some Tag"...

#24620 3 years ago

Props to the NFL. Unlike MLB, NBA, etc. tonight actually felt like a real product to me. Sunday I anticipate this thread to be a complete shit show, in a good way.

#24621 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am still waiting for JJ Watt to "Play Some Tag"...

Lol, well my kids like that show. I just can't get that excited after seeing people get clothelined by a guy named "Lazer" and pelted with tennis balls from an automatic air rifle.

#24622 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Props to the NFL. Unlike MLB, NBA, etc. tonight actually felt like a real product to me. Sunday I anticipate this thread to be a complete shit show, in a good way.

I think I heard them mention that only two stadiums are going to have fans in the stands? If that is the case, it will be interesting to see how it presents.

#24623 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lol, well my kids like that show. I just can't get that excited after seeing people get clothelined by a guy named "Lazer" and pelted with tennis balls from an automatic air rifle.

My kids and I watched it over the summer as well. After the first show, I showed them some old American Gladiators footage. We then proceed to watch American Gladiators on YouTube for an entire afternoon.

EDIT.... Watch it again, I think Lazer was actually a woman....

#24624 3 years ago

Im also happy that no matter what next year's draft wont be a repeat of 2019. Also all that critical Burrows info we had!

#24625 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Props to the NFL. Unlike MLB, NBA, etc. tonight actually felt like a real product to me.....

I think NHL has been the best...but it's playoffs so there's more riding on it. Plus, no fans I think actually helps the sport due to sight lines, not so much in Football.
Let's see when there are no fans on Sunday.

#24626 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They killed it.

Kind of seems like cheating with the crowd though. Let’s see how Sunday goes without the loaded dice.

NFL has always been the best TV sport.

#24627 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im also happy that no matter what next year's draft wont be a repeat of 2019. Also all that critical Burrows info we had!

1984 Devils Vs. Penguins competing tank job = 2020 Pats/Dolphins/Jags...and somehow Jets because they are that bad.
PHEW...thank god Mahomes has his mask on after the game when no one is around him....safety people!!!

#24628 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

EDIT.... Watch it again, I think Lazer was actually a woman....

Then explain this erection!

#24629 3 years ago

So what is the deal with an extra Playoff spot? I don;t remember why it happend Just a rule change for monies or Corvis related?

#24630 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So what is the deal with an extra Playoff spot? I don;t remember why it happend Just a rule change for monies or Corvis related?

More playoffs = more fun!

I think they added a wild card and took away a bye

#24631 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn that little dude is fast.

If Mahone has that run option I can them running it back dammit.! Edwards Helaire is a mini freak! & a he's a rookie . Yikes!

#24632 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My guess is this will have a big impact on TV revenue....owners were basically forced into this position...people want football and not activism, which it appears is whats happening.

#24633 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well my football season is over, fuck these pussy ass MF's. If they cant come out and stand for the National Anthem then I wont be watching. Too much race bullshit also for me. Have fun unpatriotic liberals watching these assholes!

Got a new avatar for you.
WEATHER_-_Lineal_color_Artboard-26-512 (resized).pngWEATHER_-_Lineal_color_Artboard-26-512 (resized).png

Kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to veterans.

Disparaging deceased veterans and POWs is presidential.

Welcome to 2020!

#24634 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Point of order, they were 100% standing and saluting during the anthem, but they were doing it in the locker room, not on the field.....

....those fuckers!!

#24635 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Got a new avatar for you.
[quoted image]
Disparaging deceased veterans and POWs is presidential.
Welcome to 2020!

Hey if anyone wants to give me shit on loving our Veterans and our Military and our country then all I can say is the jokes on them. Kneeling during the National Anthem is something that I cannot be ok with and some things are just more important than football to me and this is one of them and I've probably been a way bigger football fan than 90% of the people here all of my life but like I said, some things are more important than football.

Trash me all you want to but I dont feel bad and never will for my stance on this.

#24636 3 years ago

Now go with me on this for a sec...what if they weren't kneeling in disrespect to the soldiers... but rather where just trying use their platform to raise awareness on social injustices happening daily.

#24637 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Now go with me on this for a sec...what if they weren't kneeling in disrespect to the soldiers... but rather where just trying use their platform to raise awareness on social injustices happening daily.

I still wouldn't support it because that is stuff that I feel they need to do on their own time. I don't blame the players either, I blame the owners and Roger Goodell for allowing them to use the NFL as their platform.

You gotta realize that they are trying to force their beliefs on people that many people do not believe in. It's just like Pinsides no politics rule. Pinside does not allow its members to use their platform for their political beliefs. We all accept that here and play by the rules so why can't the players in the NFL?

I want to watch football and I don't need or want ANYONE trying to push their beliefs on me about such a controversial subject. Just flip the damn coin and put your helmet on and play football.

#24638 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey if anyone wants to give me shit....

No one wants to do anything to you dumbass...they're just poking your goat to laugh at you...at best.

EDIT: I mean other than RWH, whom up votes you at a weirdly sexually level (as I've said before)...BUT opening festivities (HONESTLY) made him quit so we don't have to deal with that un-comfortableness. .

#24639 3 years ago

Asking because I genuinely dont know, but can anyone give me the cliff-notes on what is going on with college football? I only catch snippets but it seems like the big 10 backed out, and no one else followed lead?

#24640 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Asking because I genuinely dont know, but can anyone give me the cliff-notes on what is going on with college football? I only catch snippets but it seems like the big 10 backed out, and no one else followed lead?

The Pac12 canceled on the same day as the Big 10 and one other conference followed later. MAC I think.

#24641 3 years ago

It's almost as if everything has aligned for a rare ACC/SEC title game

#24642 3 years ago

I don’t care what side you are on, but I don’t want to be reminded of it! Sports should be an escape and fun. That has certainly changed. For me personally, I just check the score the next day. I don’t care for the drama.

#24643 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What if I let my dog shit on my neighbors yard to raise awareness on animal abuse. People would probably think I was just being DISrespectful because one thing has nothing to do with the other and my actions in appearance were of disrespect even though deep in my heart Im trying to help. and I did it on the clock while wearing my company uniform, I might even get fired as Im supposed to be working. If they want to use their fame to "raise awareness" then do it off the clock. I watch football to escape real life for a couple of hours, not to be preached to. Born and raised Packer fan. No more football for me till the NATIONAL Football league shows respect to the nation that allowed its creation. Remember this guy? This is how the anthem should make us feel. This is the greatest nation on the planet but it is under attack. You say they are trying to raise awareness on social injustice but to me it just looks like they are shitting on my lawn.

#24644 3 years ago

Anybody want to talk about football?

Chiefs looked pretty good last night. Clyde looks to be the exact type of runner to give the team a fantastic ground option when defenses try to slow down Patrick.

On the other side, JJ Watt looks to be back in form. He was very disruptive all night and frequently won his match-up against the KC line.

#24645 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody want to talk about football?
Chiefs looked pretty good last night. Clyde looks to be the exact type of runner to give the team a fantastic ground option when defenses try to slow down Patrick.
On the other side, JJ Watt looks to be back in form. He was very disruptive all night and frequently won his match-up against the KC line.

The Chiefs look like the team who just won the Super Bowl. They were prepared, thats for damn sure. They pretty much laughed off a 7-0 deficit, but its become obvious from last year that leads against them are meaningless. Very exciting team to watch, and very scary if they are up against your team.

Also, impossible to not love Mahomes.

#24646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

What if I let my dog shit on my neighbors yard to raise awareness on animal abuse. People would probably think I was just being respectful because one thing has nothing to do with the other and my actions in appearance were of disrespect even though deep in my heart Im trying to help. and I did it on the clock while wearing my company uniform, I might even get fired as Im supposed to be working. If they want to use their fame to "raise awareness" then do it off the clock. I watch football to escape real life for a couple of hours, not to be preached to. Born and raised Packer fan. No more football for me till the NATIONAL Football league shows respect to the nation that allowed its creation. Remember this guy? This is how the anthem should make us feel. This is the greatest nation on the planet but it is under attack. You say they are trying to raise awareness on social injustice but to me it just looks like they are just shitting on my lawn.

qb7yoe264fm51 (resized).jpgqb7yoe264fm51 (resized).jpg

Did you whinge and moan about the NFL supporting breast cancer awareness, too?

GYI0061913903 (resized).jpgGYI0061913903 (resized).jpg

#24647 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Did you whinge and moan about the NFL supporting breast cancer awareness, too?

Keep your politics to yourself, pal.

#24648 3 years ago

I just loved being preached to by pious professional football players - they are so above reproach.

BTW, "The Arrest-O-Meter" on this site is pure genius! | http://www.nflarrest.com

#24649 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just loved being preached to by pious professional football players - they are so above reproach | http://www.nflarrest.com

Damn he's right.

No group of people who have ever had any of that group of people arrested have a right to have a moment of unity!!

Or something?

Just so we have this straight, other groups who have had members arrested, and therefore can never have a moment of unity:

Priests, cops, teachers, rabbis, corporate leaders, cast members of Home Improvement and Full House, pilots, boy scouts, white people, black people, samoans, The Rolling Stones, football coaches, football owners, military brass, scientists, neighbors, grandmothers, pinball designers, nuns...

BOOOOOOOOO!

#24650 3 years ago

Oddly enough, there is already a moment of unity built into every pre-game during the National Anthem, except this moment is inclusive of all participants (players, fans, viewers, etc.) Unfortunately, this is the time when many choose to display disunity through their actions.

----------------

Downvote(s) on a moment of unity - how revealing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 75,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 1,506.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/493?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.