dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 490 of 1,514.
#24451 3 years ago

I had fantasized about cut day and Tennessee loading up on top talent, but it seems teams are only releasing their worst players!

#24452 3 years ago

Hope you didn't draft Adrian Peterson as your RB from the WFC.

#24453 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I had fantasized about cut day and Tennessee loading up on top talent, but it seems teams are only releasing their worst players!

Latest is that Clowney is a probable sign to TN!

---

Meanwhile in GB, we cut local hero WR Jake Kumerow. He was a WI kid and went to my alma mater. It was a good story, and he had a good run. Lots of people are going to be upset, because that's just how GB fans are... at least some still fantasize about Jordy Nelson making a return.

I'm mostly fine with it. He had some good plays, but 'scrappy' isn't necessarily sustainable. The problem is, where the hell is the depth? It's not like we need to make room for all the receiving talent we drafted this year. I guess we're really going to dig into the run game..

#24454 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Bears announced Trubisky would be the starter over Nick Foles. Considering all the halabaloo surrounding his acquisition you'd have thought he'd be the one to lead Chicago to the promised land, instead he's bench surfing.

I think his season will give “short leash” a new meaning.

#24455 3 years ago

Nagy seems like a total headcase to me. I love it.

#24456 3 years ago

AP now a Lion.

#24457 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How do you feel about Clowney to your Titans?

#24458 3 years ago

If he can turn 3rd or 4th down and 2 into 1rst downs will be a huge signing. May also be indication that Kerryon and Swift injuries may linger.

#24459 3 years ago

AP still has something left but he presents the same issue here he’s faced at all his post-Vikings stops; he needs 20 carries a game to get going / wear down the defense, and he has zero interest in being part of a “platoon” or mentoring younger backs while getting 8 carries a game.

Are the Lions committed to making him the starter / bell cow? Not sure what’s going on in their running back room.

#24460 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

How do you feel about Clowney to your Titans?

Could not be happier. Beasley turning out to be a flake is terrifying and I did not like their draft class. So adding a quality vet is huge. Plus when he walks next year Tennessee may get a 3rd rd comp pick.

Biggest concern with the team is Vrabel taking over as DC.

#24461 3 years ago

I’m hoping this will give the Lions’ running game a temporary pick-up like Reggie Bush did. At least now I think there is some talent in the wings to continue when the Lions’ time with AP is over.

#24462 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are the Lions committed to making him the starter

I hope so.

#24463 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are the Lions committed to making him the starter / bell cow?

With Patricia's dumb ass whom the fuck knows. Might be doing it to show the rookie some pointers? Didn't we all see how AD flipped his shit having to share carries?

#24464 3 years ago

9/7/20 right now.

I just looked at nfl.com, it says first game 9/10/20.

With Sunday 9/13/20 looking like it always did, and 2 Monday night games after that, like has been normal for a long time.

Damn I hope all this happens and we can have plenty of football in a few days!

#24465 3 years ago

Wife's the raiders fan but I've always loved the colors and symbol.

20200907_151247.jpg20200907_151247.jpg
#24466 3 years ago

Earl Thomas will be a Cowboy by Monday afternoon next week! If they wait til after week 1 he is only guaranteed 25% of his contract. 4year veteran. Vested contract. Damn that defense getting fierce! Can't wait til NFL's games this week!

#24467 3 years ago

And yes..im not trying to troll! i know I'm a donkah for thinking the cowboys will be good this year! But i can't help it! I watch the nba playoffs (Go Raps) but looking fwd to Thurs nite!

#24468 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And yes..im not trying to troll! i know I'm a donkah for thinking the cowboys will be good this year! But i can't help it! I watch the nba playoffs (Go Raps) but looking fwd to Thurs nite!

Support who you support, wish more people did. Happy to see so many people with faith in their team. Coming from a life long Bengal fan its easy to give fans of other teams pep talks.

Curious how ratings will be for this season, I would think very high, but I would think so about anything right now. Does anyone know if people are actually watching the NBA or MLB right now?

#24469 3 years ago

I think I saw something recently that for both, their viewership continues to decline from the previous year.

#24470 3 years ago

Ratings will be higher then ever!!
A weekly average of just over a million people (16×65000) won't be in the stands and at home watching on TV.

#24471 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ratings will be higher then ever!!
A weekly average of just over a million people (16×65000) won't be in the stands and at home watching on TV.

How long before the constant bleating about causes and cleats and 'special interest' stories makes watching the games unbearable?

I don't fault the players for using their platform but the NFL, its sponsors, the networks and announcers trying to cash in on this is disgusting. ESPN's decent into the cesspool of unwatchable TV coincided with their attempt to be a SJW.

#24472 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

How long before the constant bleating about causes and cleats and 'special interest' stories makes watching the games unbearable?
I don't fault the players for using their platform but the NFL, its sponsors, the networks and announcers trying to cash in on this is disgusting. ESPN's decent into the cesspool of unwatchable TV coincided with their attempt to be a SJW.

I haven’t watched anything other than live sports on ESPN for years now, Smith and Bayless was quite possibly the worst sports talk show in history.

#24473 3 years ago

What about Swift and Johnson? Already saying these were wasted high draft picks?

AP is pretty washed up, I’m hoping he’s your starter.

#24474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I haven’t watched anything other than live sports on ESPN for years now, Smith and Bayless was quite possibly the worst sports talk show in history.

Agree with espn shows sucking with the exception of Highly Questionable and PTI. Lebatard is espn best talent by far and Wilbon on pti calling everyone morons is still pretty entertaining.

#24475 3 years ago

Around the horn is still good as long as rei keeps his crying to a minimum.
I don't like lebatard too much...the dad bit it not funny at all the show is better in quarantine.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

What about Swift and Johnson? Already saying these were wasted high draft picks?
AP is pretty washed up, I’m hoping he’s your starter.

Id imagine they the will use everyone (lime the patriots) but not very effectively. Johnson will get hurt a lot anyway.

#24476 3 years ago

Without any fans it will be interesting to see how it impacts the games? My guess is it will even the play field quite a bit with no fans in the seats. Aside from playing in shitty weather home field advantage pretty much gets thrown out the door.

#24477 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Without any fans it will be interesting to see how it impacts the games? My guess is it will even the play field quite a bit with no fans in the seats. Aside from playing in shitty weather home field advantage pretty much gets thrown out the door.

I think some teams will have limited amounts of fans in the stadiums, from what I’ve read.

#24478 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What will be even weirder are the ones that will have fans. Bengals and Browns allowed to have 6k fans for games one and two I believe.

Also there are probably less than 5 teams that get a true home field advantage in the NFL.

#24479 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also there are probably less than 5 teams that get a true home field advantage in the NFL.

Gotta disagree there. You have to factor in dome/warm weather team into it.

#24480 3 years ago

This only verifies how lame and laughable the HOF has became over the last 2 decades

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-is-nominated-for-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame/vi-BB18RBTT?ocid=msedgdhp

What a fucking joke.

To be honest I'm very near the point I'm going to stop watching sports anymore as it has simply became a political platform for any and all to step up on thier soapbox. I watch sports to get away from that shit as it permeates everything else but looks like all sports are going to become political platforms. Been watching boxing a lot and they've not started the crap there yet but I know it's a matter of time. No sanctity left for people who just want to watch sports or simply TV for that matter.

#24481 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right those domes do make a big difference similar to the Mile High Stadium effect teams suffer when they play there.

#24482 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally wasn’t considering weather. But the teams that I’d say have a good home field advantage are the ones that play outside in weather the best.

Not sure how playing in a dome gives a team the advantage over another. They are playing in that dome too.

The teams that play well in shitty weather would have an advantage at their home base I would say, but it more has to do with the weather than the location/fans.

I feel these teams have a true advantage at home:

Seahawks
Steelers
Chiefs
Packers

Maybe Denver but I have yet to see any team complain about playing there. I think the fans make more of that than anything.

#24483 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how playing in a dome gives a team the advantage over another

Ten times louder and playing under those indoor lighting systems effects receiver play. I've heard this said about domes and dome lights from both MLB and NFL players alike.

#24484 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Looks like 2 hours

Quoted from RWH:

To be honest I'm very near the point I'm going to stop watching sports anymore...

EDIT: Also, no one believes you aboot being honest here.

#24485 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Curious how ratings will be for this season, I would think very high,

I think ratings will continue to fall, people watch sports for the competition aspects not world news policy updates.

#24486 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: Also, no one believes you aboot being honest here.

Why am I not surprised........lame ass comments will abound.

#24487 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think ratings will continue to fall, people watch sports for the competition aspects not world news policy updates.

First off, ratings haven't been falling. Second, in a pendemic they will be way up.

Quoted from RWH:

Ahhhh...little kapernick news really got you sad today huh?

Lame ass "I'm quitting sports" shit from old men is nothing new, and it hasn't hurt any sport in the last 100 years...well maybe boxing
Before you it was the people complaining aboot players thanking god every second, or some other lame ass thing that doesn't matter. Joe Burrow shows up but now THIS is going to stop you watching football? No one has believed Who-Dey the last 25 times he's said it, don't know why you'd be any diff'rent

#24488 3 years ago

Could care less about Burrows all the BS is ruining the games! I don't give a rats ass about Colin either just hate to see over the last couple decades the HOF designation has lost it's meaning just as the pro bowl has. Players used to have to earn the honor.

Judging from your response it appears my comment bunched your panties LOL

#24489 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah, Who-Dey has kind of poisoned the well for anyone threatening to quit the NFL in this thread.

#24490 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Judging from your response it appears my comment bunched your panties LOL

Not close. I have those responses ready to copy and paste from years of dealing with Who-Dey

But seriously guys, I hope Dirtbag is doing well

EDIT: And I don;t wear underwear. Football fever...catch it!

#24491 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope Dirtbag is doing well

Hey he contacted me about a week ago. He's coming back (shill account I guess) but he wanted me to agree to verify him so don't be surprised if he hits you up as well.

Who Dey is a great guy and funny as hell to be around. I gotta get up there to play his burger time and pins.

#24492 3 years ago

This season will go in the books as meaningless for whomever wins the SB like the strike year.

#24493 3 years ago

We tried to give you guys Jay and Dan. ESPN sent them back to Canada but Stephen a Smith has to be the worst of the bunch! I also don't care for the Around the Horn format..the up voting and silencer button are lame..PTI is always good to watch!

#24494 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This season will go in the books as meaningless for whomever wins the SB like the strike year.

I resent that, sir!

The mighty Washington Football Team has won three Lombardi trophies, and two of them were during strike seasons. Those trophies have meaning!

#24495 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

AS we've discussed before you even I have to be reminded of Skins strike years, and since everyone older than me has "quit watching football," I think this year should be OK

#24496 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally wasn’t considering weather. But the teams that I’d say have a good home field advantage are the ones that play outside in weather the best.
Not sure how playing in a dome gives a team the advantage over another. They are playing in that dome too.
The teams that play well in shitty weather would have an advantage at their home base I would say, but it more has to do with the weather than the location/fans.
I feel these teams have a true advantage at home:
Seahawks
Steelers
Chiefs
Packers
Maybe Denver but I have yet to see any team complain about playing there. I think the fans make more of that than anything.

Found the home field advantage numbers from 2008-2018

Top Ten:

Patriots
Ravens
Packers
Steelers
Saints
Seahawks
Vikings
Falcons
Cardinals
Broncos

Bottom five:

Browns
Buccaneers
Jaguars
Rams
Raiders

#24497 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not close. I have those responses ready to copy and paste from years of dealing with Who-Dey
But seriously guys, I hope Dirtbag is doing well
EDIT: And I don;t wear underwear. Football fever...catch it!

Is that no underwear with a stainless steel “drink stirrer”?

#24498 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And I don;t wear underwear. Football fever...catch it!

I know you don't wear men's underwear thats why I said panties

#24499 3 years ago

Wow kinda surprised the Browns are in the bottom, dog pound gets pretty rowdy!

Quoted from boscokid:

Bottom five:

Browns

#24500 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is that no underwear with a stainless steel “drink stirrer”?

THAT season is almost over...cooooold out there

Quoted from RWH:

I know you don't wear men's underwear thats why I said panties

Oh I'd wear panties over underwear any day for sure, no question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 490 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/490 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.