spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 489 of 1,513.
#24401 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought I heard the NFL was going to take advantage of the open Saturdays. Skimming the schedule I haven't seen any updates. I really hope they're still planning that... Saturday night NFL football is the best.
Today marks 2 weeks to kickoff. It's hard to believe.

I want to sleep for the next two weeks in preparation.

#24402 3 years ago

I do kinda like that there was no preseason. The season just starts. More exciting.

#24403 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do kinda like that there was no preseason. The season just starts. More exciting.

Yep, no one willing to admit how shitty their team is yet, nothing but unbridled optimism. I think we can get some confident talk even into week 3 and 4 with the excuse of timing issues. I'd be willing to bet even bears fans stick it out into October.

#24404 3 years ago

Only reason I watched preseason was to try to find a sleeper for fantasy football

#24405 3 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Only reason I watched preseason was to try to find a sleeper for fantasy football

That’s what podcasts are for. Those fake games don’t tell ya anything except who’s injured.

#24406 3 years ago

Walterfootball.com

Very archaic layout, but pretty straight-forward and reliable.

#24407 3 years ago

Maybe get a boycott game/week in there at some point too.

#24408 3 years ago

fournette was outright released.. I wonder where he will end up. washington or new england I would guess.

If anyone want to play fantasy football, we had a few people drop out of the pinside league this year. We are having out draft 9/6 PM me if you want to play. its a prize pool league with a $50 entry.

#24409 3 years ago

Jags not even going through the motions at this point. Should be an amusing season!

#24410 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jags not even going through the motions at this point. Should be an amusing season!

glad they dumped him before my fantasy draft this weekend! It will be interesting to see who grabs him. Also with ngakoue gone, they will suffer on defense. So more passing down the road.

The one things the jags do have is good receivers! We will find out if minshew is the real deal..

#24411 3 years ago

I just hope all the players will behave and try to be careful so that we can have a full season.

#24412 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I just hope all the players will behave and try to be careful so that we can have a full season.

I remember believing in the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy as well. Those were the days!.

#24413 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I remember believing in the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy as well. Those were the days!.

What?!?!?!?! I woke up in a bathtub of ice one time and was told the kidney fairy came by. She isn't real either? 2020 is starting to really be a real bummer for me.

#24414 3 years ago

Happy to see the Bengals were able to lock up Mixon. Maybe they learned from everyone else's RB drama over the past few seasons.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-mixon-agree-to-four-year-48-million-contract-extension-per-report/

#24415 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Happy to see the Bengals were able to lock up Mixon. Maybe they learned from everyone else's RB drama over the past few seasons.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-mixon-agree-to-four-year-48-million-contract-extension-per-report/

If he can stay healthy, that is a nice deal. Mixon is a workhorse that can keep defenses honest, especially with a young QB.

#24416 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe he throws some of that extra cash at the lady he punched in the face

#24417 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey man, it felt like a dude punched him first.

#24418 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If the NFL puts a bubble in place, could be a blessing in disguise for some players, limit the number of punchable faces they’re exposed to.

#24419 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

fournette was outright released.. I wonder where he will end up. washington or new england I would guess.

Bucs?

#24420 3 years ago

ring chasing. let’s see if Brady still has some left.. I would have tried kc, but Ronald Jones and bench is not a threat to fournette starting. We will find out if he was a problem/cancer or not quickly.

#24421 3 years ago

I'd imagine the cancer is playing for the fuckig Jags, not the other way aaround.
Hes a good back that's had a shitty line and a no other threats on offense. Not good at rushing in TDs but they may change.

#24422 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd imagine the cancer is playing for the fuckig Jags, not the other way aaround.
Hes a good back that's had a shitty line and a no other threats on offense. Not good at rushing in TDs but they may change.

The guy with 40 rushing TDs in 32 games at LSU "not good at rushing in TDs"? Ok

Pretty sure Tom Coughlin was the cancer in Jacksonville

#24423 3 years ago

I am more excited about LF than TB12. He was handcuffed in Jax by terrible QB play.

#24424 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

The guy with 40 rushing TDs in 32 games at LSU "not good at rushing in T....

I remember this one time a guy was good in college at doing something but not in the pros....weird right?
43 Red zone carries, 3 tds....just not good. Like I said, better line could change it

#24425 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember this one time a guy was good in college at doing something but not in the pros....weird right?
43 Red zone carries, 3 tds....just not good. Like I said, better line could change it

ap_c01_draft_19_1539277-copy (resized).jpgap_c01_draft_19_1539277-copy (resized).jpg
#24426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

3rd in the NFL in rushing TDs his rookie year. I think it's safe to say he can play at this level too.

Did he get fat? lazy? WTF knows, but we do know he is going to a team with a better offensive line, a better players coach, a HOF QB & TE and two Pro Bowl WRs all with dreams of winning it all this year.

Not even sure how a malcontent could fuck this opportunity up

#24427 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Leaf and Tebow fit that description.

#24428 3 years ago

Even worse was Cuntjana Carter great in college but barely average in the pro's.

#24429 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

3rd in the NFL in rushing TDs his rookie year. I think it's safe to say he can play at this level too.

I remember a year when Payton Hillis was 3rd also! Whom else was tops that year...Dwayne Bowe, BenJarvis green ellis, Rashard Mendenhall. All could play at that level...for a year

Hey I'm pulling for him. Anytime someone jets out of Jax I'm happy for them

#24430 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Even worse was Cuntjana Carter great in college but barely average in the pro's.

Forgetting the GREAT Akili Smith ?

#24431 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Forgetting the GREAT Akili Smith

I was trying too.......

#24432 3 years ago

It's almost as if the Bengals have a terrible record of high pick draft busts!

I'm sure that will change with Joe though.

#24433 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Leaf and Tebow fit that description.

Fuckin' Tebow. Even after the Manning era, there's still a sad little contingent of Broncos fans that thinks he could have been a Hall of Famer if they had just given him one more chance.

#24434 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

...sad little contingent of Broncos fans that thinks he could have been an Hall of Famer if they had just given him one more chance.

All becasue one lucky(poor) pass in playoff OT

#24435 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fuckin' Tebow. Even after the Manning era, here's still a sad little contingent of Broncos fans that thinks he could have been an Hall of Famer if they had just given him one more chance.

I thought Broncos fans were still bristling over running Plummer out of town

#24436 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember a year when Payton Hillis was 3rd also! Whom else was tops that year...Dwayne Bowe, BenJarvis green ellis, Rashard Mendenhall. All could play at that level...for a year
Hey I'm pulling for him. Anytime someone jets out of Jax I'm happy for them

LOL - now you are just being silly

Let's put this in perspective. Most people think Emmitt Smith was a pretty good RB, he carved out a decent career behind one of the all time best OL in NFL history.

Now munch on this, Fournette's career average yards per touch is actually HIGHER than Smith's.

Reverse their roles and the All-Time NFL rushing leader is just some dude slamming into 8 man fronts in Jax bitching about how he cant see any daylight

#24438 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All becasue one lucky(poor) pass in playoff OT

It beat the Steelers, so in my book it was one of the greatest passes in NFL history.

#24439 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost as if the Bengals have a terrible record of high pick draft busts

Not really most have been okay, no more than any other franchise likely.

I see Haskins has been given the torch to carry in Washington, hope he has a good year or at least lives up to his talent

#24440 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost as if the Bengals have a terrible record of high pick draft busts!
I'm sure that will change with Joe though.

Burrow is 3rd in MVP voting in my Madden league, which directly translates to real life performance. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, checkmate.

#24441 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

=
Gordon has nine lives for sure, if I'm him I go get a lottery ticket today!

I think his first lottery ticket was selling his SB ring last week! He's high on the hog now (hopefully that's all).

Quoted from boscokid:

LOL - now you are just being silly
Let's put this in perspective. Most people think Emmitt Smith was a pretty good RB...Now munch on this, Fournette's career average yards per touch is actually HIGHER than Smith's.

Um...yeah OK dude...we can just move from this discussion.

#24442 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think his first lottery ticket was selling his SB ring last week!

He sold his ring? I'd not heard that but what did it bring?

#24443 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He sold his ring? I'd not heard that but what did it bring?

#24444 3 years ago

This Clowney pursuit has certainly dragged on. What's the last day a player can sign and be available for week one?

#24445 3 years ago

if you want to play fantasy football against the klov players, there is a slot in the long running league. here is the join link and password. draft is saturady 6:30 pst. its a $20 prize pool. top 4 teams get a prize. pm me if you have any questions.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

#24446 3 years ago

The Bears announced Trubisky would be the starter over Nick Foles. Considering all the halabaloo surrounding his acquisition you'd have thought he'd be the one to lead Chicago to the promised land, instead he's bench surfing.

#24447 3 years ago

Well he has been his best when coming off the bench.

#24448 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Bears announced Trubisky would be the starter over Nick Foles. Considering all the halabaloo surrounding his acquisition you'd have thought he'd be the one to led Chicago to the promised land, instead he's bench surfing.

Week 1 is an exhibition game, they are playing the Lions.

#24449 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Week 1 is an exhibition game, they are playing the Lions.

Lions are thinking the same thing about the Bears with Trubisky at QB.

#24450 3 years ago

Is it Thursday yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 489 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/489?hl=pappadubz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.