giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 1,514.
#24301 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

So you are saying I should NOT get a huge Chiefs tattoo??!?

He’s DEFINITELY not saying that. Get the tat ASAP and post pics here.

#24302 3 years ago

There really hasn't been much pressure to change the name of the Chiefs. The tomahawk chop and other gametime rituals might change, though.

#24303 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

There really hasn't been much pressure to change the name of the Chiefs. The tomahawk chop and other gametime rituals might change, though.

Only ritual I wanna see continued is the chiefs dominating the afc west! Another super bowl would be cool too!!

#24304 3 years ago

Well looks as if College football may be out or at the least postponed now that conferences Big 10, Pac 12, and the Mac have declared they are out. I expect the Sec to follow suite shortly.

#24305 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well looks as if College football may be out or at the least postponed now that conferences Big 10, Pac 12, and the Mac have declared they are out. I expect the Sec to follow suite shortly.

This week has reminded me why I find college football so fucking gross. All these big time coaches saying “we have to play!!! They’ll be safer at school (as if they can’t go to school without football).”

“We have to play! The kids want to it’s not
Fair to deny them!”

These are KIDS, still, some even under the age of 18. Having all these rich coaches completely disregard their welfare to pursue their own agenda sums up why college football is so scummy. It’s time to stop pretending there’s any value to college football beyond what it is; a pro sport. Pay the players. Stop forcing them to go to school. And stop pretending the majority involved give a shit about their welfare.

Good on the power 5 conferences who have decided to pause, they showed much stronger leadership than I expected.

ACC being stubborn, no doubt thanks to the leadership of Dabo. Look I went to clemson, I was happy to see them win some titles, but Dabo is a scumbag who doesn’t care about anybody but himself.

College football is so gross.

#24306 3 years ago

Former coach and HOF Lou Holtz and LSU coach were really campaigning hard for a season to go forward but Lou made it seem as if the kids would have an Opt-Out option but that's the first I've heard about that. The schools are worried over the loss of revenues and are probably the silent but driving force behind some of these coaches advocating for play to go forward.

#24307 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ACC being stubborn, no doubt thanks to the leadership of Dabo. Look I went to clemson, I was happy to see them win some titles, but Dabo is a scumbag who doesn’t care about anybody but himself.

ND joining them for the season has alot to do with it too.

#24308 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“we have to play!!! They’ll be safer at school (as if they can’t go to school without football).”

Football Logic

"The the team will be together all the time and much safer than regular students!"
"Good point, no school is safe, we're cancelling all classes and everything is online."
"Hey well...now that you nave no students can we play football? There's no one there to infect!"

Again, I ask anyone that lives i na college town to head down to campus and check it out...no way there isn't a massive massive spike in cases.

#24309 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

College football is so gross.

I attended the University of Nebraska when they won championships in the 90's. The things that you see when you are actually around a program like that soured me on college sports forever. All of the rumors you hear about big time college football programs are true. The culture is awful and it is perpetuated by department heads, administrators, and boosters.

#24310 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I attended the University of Nebraska when they won championships in the 90's. The things that you see when you are actually around a program like that soured me on college sports forever. All of the rumors you hear about big time college football programs are true. The culture is awful and it is perpetuated by department heads, administrators, and boosters.

I can't say I was very intimately familiar with Clemson's program when I went there. All I know is the few times I ended up with a player in one of my classes, it was obvious they didn't want to be there, weren't doing any work, and it was a waste of time for everybody. The professors fawned all over them as well and it was clear they were in on the joke.

I liked getting drunk and going to games but the teams were pretty mediocre the years I went there (mid 1990s) and really the main attraction at Death Valley stadium for me were the Pink FLoyd and U2 concerts it hosted. Amazing nights!

#24311 3 years ago

Just trying to avoid lawsuits and a potential PR nightmare if an unpaid student dies, it really is that simple. The conferences and schools dont really give a shit if someone gets sick. They are willing to take the loss this season to avoid scrutiny for years to come.

Levi, to your point, if they paid the kids no one would bat an eye, and we would have football as normal. This said, I believe if it were up to the kids the vast majority of them would say game on. College football indeed sucks, for many reasons.

#24312 3 years ago

NCAA is a rudderless barge.

#24313 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This said, I believe if it were up to the kids the vast majority of them would say game on.

That said, it's almost like they are dumb cause they are kids. They should go someplace where smarter older people could teach them things.

#24314 3 years ago

Dont they understand that this guy probably has CTE and that they should cut him a break? Where's the compassion at people?? He was just starting to turn his life around and now this crap.

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-cb-deandre-baker-charge-with-four-counts-of-robbery

#24315 3 years ago

Damn shame his career will be over for some money and watches.

#24316 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

They are all over the damn place and truth be told they create 90% of the problems college sports programs have to deal with.

#24317 3 years ago

Today I learned barges have rudders, I should have known.

#24318 3 years ago

I've been watching some game pass and whatever they throw on TV. Man, what an incredible run the Chiefs had. That was the kind of thing you only see in shitty feel-good kid's sports movies.

Practically everyone can feel pretty good about it, too. Mahomes is the most exciting and likable guy in the league, and everyone wants to have a beer and a giant plate of nachos with Reid.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24319 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Football Logic
"The the team will be together all the time and much safer than regular students!"
"Good point, no school is safe, we're cancelling all classes and everything is online."
"Hey well...now that you nave no students can we play football? There's no one there to infect!"
Again, I ask anyone that lives i na college town to head down to campus and check it out...no way there isn't a massive massive spike in cases.

I work in a college town and when Covid first broke out in the Spring and the University went virtual and closed dorms, there were massive gatherings throughout the rest of the school year into Summer. The kids were on the hook for their leases throughout town so they opted to stay and party.

#24320 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24321 3 years ago

I'm sure this has been happening for a while, but maybe the recent press will be enough to finally oust snyder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/minority-owners-pressure-dan-snyder-to-sell-washingtons-nfl-team-11597343129

#24322 3 years ago

I'm sure this has been happening for a while, but maybe the recent press will be enough to finally oust snyder.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/minority-owners-pressure-dan-snyder-to-sell-washingtons-nfl-team-11597343129

Seems like old news...pre-incident which was when they could have put it to use.

#24323 3 years ago

maybe the recent press will be enough to finally oust snyder.

568FF7BE-1878-426F-90BB-F0530E2E77F3.gif568FF7BE-1878-426F-90BB-F0530E2E77F3.gif
#24326 3 years ago

Nobody can ever question how much dedication Alex Smith has toward his family, teammates, and fans. Not a Wash. fan, but I hope he does well.

#24327 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

Nobody can ever question how much dedication Alex Smith has toward his family, teammates, and fans.

Well I don't think he can make 20 million a year at another job.

#24329 3 years ago
14191969_10209001124602970_3719358956761661603_n (resized).jpg14191969_10209001124602970_3719358956761661603_n (resized).jpg
#24330 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I don't think he can make 20 million a year at another job.

When on the IR or PUP list, players still get paid, including his 100% contract guarantee due to injury in 2020. He would have been paid the same salary to sit on his couch all season.

#24331 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

. He would have been paid the same salary to sit on his couch all season.

They probably would have let him go if he did that.

#24332 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They probably would have let him go if he did that.

Still would get paid this year. Maybe not next year, but it is the NFL and non-guaranteed contracts are just that. My point is not to deify a multi-millionaire, but to say that Alex did something remarkable (and probably a bit insane) to return to the field.

#24333 3 years ago

Yeah almost all of Alex smith’s money was guaranteed.

His comeback is very ballsy. Too bad there’s no preseason if he were showing something maybe he’d be worth something in trade.

Or maybe he wins the job. Not like Haskins was lighting it up last year.

#24334 3 years ago

Really when he first started with San Fran and later with the Chiefs I thought he was going to be very solid and good QB but he doesn't seem to be able to keep it at that level all the time. Washington would be very lucky if they could hold onto him and Haskins. They'd be a good duo to rely on should one go down. Bengals really don't have a great backup but I'm hoping Dolegala gets a chance as I think he may develop into a decent QB certainly better than Finley.

#24335 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too bad there’s no preseason if he were showing something maybe he’d be worth something in trade.
Or maybe he wins the job. Not like Haskins was lighting it up last year.

If he ever starts again I would be shocked....not as much as if someone actually traded for him.

#24336 3 years ago

There an e60 or something spotlighting his return. It was pretty crazy how bad his leg was, to the point it almost killed him.

I always thought he was a good QB. Sort of C+/B- sort of guy. Those guys just dont get a lot of love in general. It's not his fault SF picked him over a future HOFer. He could do really well in the right system.

I would be pretty surprised if he sees the field again. I have a lot of respect for the effort hes putting in. I just hope it doesnt cost him his leg in the end.

#24337 3 years ago

Dupe

#24338 3 years ago

Anybody watching Hard Knocks on HBO?
After watching the premiere last week, I sadly think there will be more episodes of the show this year then actual NFL games played. Fuck I hope I’m wrong. But think it’s gonna be a hard knock life this year with little to no football.

And damn that’s gonna suck

#24339 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Anybody watching Hard Knocks on HBO?
After watching the premiere last week, I sadly think there will be more episodes of the show this year then actual NFL games played. Fuck I hope I’m wrong. But think it’s gonna be a hard knock life this year with little to no football.
And damn that’s gonna suck

Rams will be one of the first teams with a Covid outbreak.

#24341 3 years ago

They comin for your dumb traditions chiefs fans!

This is how it starts by the way. And before you know it you are the Kansas City Football Team.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article245119310.html

#24342 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is how it starts by the way. And before you know it you are the Kansas City Football Team.

The wussification continues..I’ll continue to do my ‘stupid tradition’ of the chop at my own house..my house, my rules..

#24343 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

The wussification continues..I’ll continue to do my ‘stupid tradition’ of the chop at my own house..my house, my rules..

Please tell me you actually do this in your house while watching the game.

#24344 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please tell me you actually do this in your house while watching the game.

I do..n it pisses off my old lady. She thinks that I’m weird..

#24345 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

She thinks that I’m weird..

You are. Haha. Would love to hear how you picked them up as your team too. I’m unfortunately attached to the Bengals due to my dad’s fandom of them and proximity to where I live.

#24346 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You are. Haha. Would love to hear how you picked them up as your team too. I’m unfortunately attached to the Bengals due to my dad’s fandom of them and proximity to where I live.

I was a big Marcus Allen fan, and when he went to KC, I did too. Christian Okoye, and Derrick Thomas very quickly became my faves on the team. So, I’ve been a fan of the Chiefs for nearly 30 years..gone through some ugly seasons, 2-14 I remember..

#24347 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess we'll just have to stick with these latest additions to the KC traditions... Winning, Success!

Mostly kidding there. Overall this is a sign of the times. Things change. This is one of them. My favorite parts of being at a game are the crowd and the tailgating. The crowd will get with something new and it will be ok.

#24348 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I guess we'll just have to stick with these latest additions to the KC traditions... Winning, Success!
Mostly kidding there. Overall this is a sign of the times. Things change. This is one of them. My favorite parts of being at a game are the crowd and the tailgating. The crowd will get with something new and it will be ok.

That is a great attitude, one that more should have.

So while we are on subject, any ideas for eventual new name of the chiefs?

I like The KC Pitmasters

Or maybe the KC Smoke?

That’s what I think of when I think KC

#24349 3 years ago

Is there a pinside fantasy football league

#24350 3 years ago

The new name for the Kansas City Chiefs will be the KC Chiefs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/487 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.