Topic Stats

• 24,291 posts
  • 379 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by CPanther95
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,918 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C5F6CB73-C694-4162-8995-6E5F05D83D9D (resized).jpeg
FC517B1B-7E92-486E-89FC-EA9E29A16C34 (resized).jpeg
993C0DE7-1A58-477A-9193-4639B7BA4F6E (resized).jpeg
67DB1BF6-DBCC-4126-A024-7F83B5BAEE99 (resized).jpeg
299DC4F0-EEA1-4BF0-A442-C1B0AD133760 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200731-103817~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200730-153831~2 (resized).png
0508D494-A4A4-4C4B-A1A2-7F16097DAE04 (resized).jpeg
EB2B0B8F-AFFC-400E-B0C2-003261E8D29A (resized).jpeg
1AFA88D6-6CC5-471C-B6DF-E640C497AFFE (resized).jpeg
20200726_110631 (resized).jpg
cinti skyline (resized).jpg
1885FD44-CA45-44AC-B3C8-273A33CCD852 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200725-103017_Hangouts (resized).jpg
20200430_181103 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200724-192736_Hangouts (resized).jpg

There are 24291 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 486.
#24201 9 days ago
0508D494-A4A4-4C4B-A1A2-7F16097DAE04 (resized).jpeg
#24202 9 days ago
Screenshot_20200730-153831~2 (resized).png
#24203 9 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I dont think we are gonna play football this year.

#24204 9 days ago

A lot of people are saying.... and I mean great people say this...Man...woman ...umm ...er... all types of beautiful people. Warriors really. Like dogs all but smart dogs. I never had a dog cause I like cats. Anyway these people are saying the NFL will not play this year due to the unexpected and rising STRONGLY number of players who are not wanting to play if they have to wear a helmet this year. Did I tell you I like helmets ...silver ones, blue ones but don’t like those not shiny ones.
Seems this simple issue could bring down the whole league. No league can function if only SOME of the players ...some good ...some bad...good and bad on both sides wear the required helmet to flatten the injury curve for every player.

Slow the spread and protect your head. WEAR A HELMET

And let’s get ready for some FOOTBALL... or maybe not? Just telling you what I’ve heard from many nice people. Many wonderful Patriots!

#24205 9 days ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

And let’s get ready for some FOOTBALL... or maybe not? Just telling you what I’ve been hearing many nice people have been saying

#24206 8 days ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

A lot of people are saying.... and I mean great people say this...Man...woman ...umm ...er... all types of beautiful people. Warriors really. Like dogs all but smart dogs. I never had a dog cause I like cats. Anyway these people are saying the NFL will not play this year due to the unexpected and rising STRONGLY number of players not wanting to play if they have to wear a helmet this year. Did I tell you I like helmets ...silver ones, blue ones but don’t like those not shiny ones.
Seems this simple issue could bring down the whole league. No league can function if only SOME of the players ...some good ...some bad...good and bad on both sides wear the required helmets to flatten the injury curve for every player.
Slow the spread and protect your head. WEAR A HELMET
And let’s get ready for some FOOTBALL... or maybe not? Just telling you what I’ve heard from many nice people. Many wonderful Patriots!

It’s uncanny.

#24207 8 days ago

Even if football starts I just dont see it finishing. Hopefully im wrong but it doesn't even look like baseball season is going to go on at this point.

#24208 8 days ago

Yeah I kinda agree with you Who. I’m torn if I even want to draft for fantasy this year. I’m in the same 6 leagues for past 15 years. A few of those leagues are big money leagues and concerned that it will be a cluster fuck season and I will just never get my buy in fees back if the season is called off. Just can’t imagine going a season without fantasy. Nothing is better ... well maybe pinball : )

Btw... baseball should be fine once ALL the players start wearing their batting gloves. Simple fix there.

SHOW SOME LOVE - WEAR YOUR GLOVES

#24209 8 days ago

The best thing about this season not happening will be not having to hear about everybody's fantasy teams.

#24210 8 days ago

Sorry for the gallows humor... but prolly the quickest way to Canton for even the less talented of players would be to succumb and pass away to the virus in season. Of course I hope that does not happen to any player. But if it does... well they are getting a guaranteed bust at Canton

Speaking of guaranteed bust, how’s Joe doin up in Cincy ; )

#24211 8 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The best thing about this season not happening will be not having to hear about everybody's fantasy teams.

The worst thing is more people talking about their golf game.

#24212 8 days ago

I thought if any MLB could get a shortened season in without to much disruption but it not starting well, combine that with the NBA and the NFL has a challenge ahead to say the least.

#24213 8 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

I thought if any MLB could get a shortened season in without to much disruption but it not starting well, combine that with the NBA and the NFL has a challenge ahead to say the least.

NBA May have a shot with their “bubble” concept. That’s probably the only way.

#24214 8 days ago

That bubble almost burst over wings. And this time they can’t blame Linda

#24215 8 days ago

I think it'll divulge into a start/stop never ending story even if they do the bubble. I go up and down the roller coaster that is fandom and it sucks!

#24216 8 days ago

Imagine the Marlin mistake happening in the NFL. Will be very difficult to make up football games. Baseball with it’s off days and ability to play doubleheader’s would be easier to make up games. Football would be a mess if just ONE game got forfeited. Bubble is only solution to try to get at least 4 weeks in. Just don’t see it happening. That’s a bummer but HOPEFULLY I’ll still be around to bitch about not having games

Hopefully

#24217 8 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think we are gonna play football this year.

Always follow the money. NFL brings in a LOT. I think they will play, but with few to no fans in the stadiums.

#24218 8 days ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I’m in the same 6 leagues

Just do what we’re doing. Plan the draft, if the season doesn’t happen or is cut short, put all the league money to a charitable contribution.

#24219 8 days ago

Patrick Mahomes after getting 4th on the NFL top 100:

Screenshot_20200731-103817~2 (resized).png
#24220 8 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Patrick Mahomes after getting 4th on the NFL top 100:[quoted image]

I think that Patrick Mahomes was ranked 4th the previous year, and what did he do? Just win the super bowl, and take home mvp..the kid is dynamic, super wealthy, and has his shit together.

#24221 8 days ago

Top 100 is a worthless list. It was voted on by the players before last year's playoffs. Worse, they only vote the Top 20, not 100, so it is worthless beyond the top 10 or so.

Look at the players in the 80s and 90s then think about the fact that some players had to have picked them as one of the 20 most valuable players in the NFL.

#24222 8 days ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Top 100 is a worthless list. It was voted on by the players before last year's playoffs. Worse, they only vote the Top 20, not 100, so it is worthless beyond the top 10 or so.
Look at the players in the 80s and 90s then think about the fact that some players had to have picked them as one of the 20 most valuable players in the NFL.

Every subjective list ever made is worthless.

Except for the web sites they drive traffic to.

#24223 8 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You're telling me the pinside top 100 isn't the end all be all?

#24224 7 days ago

A Brown suspended for fist 8 games. C'mon he was a human train wreck, to light in my opinion but then who cares Goodall calls the shots.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-won-t-appeal-eight-game-suspension/ar-BB17qrkZ?ocid=msedgdhp

#24225 7 days ago

That's fine, no one was gonna pick him up this year anyway. Better start repenting hard till next year buddy.

#24226 7 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's fine, no one was gonna pick him up this year anyway. Better start repenting hard till next year buddy.

That's what I meant they suspend him 8 games during this season is BS it amounts to NO punishment for his deeds while they lay the wood to most other players.

#24227 7 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

That's what I meant they suspend him 8 games during this season is BS it amounts to NO punishment for his deeds while they lay the wood to most other players.

I did read the suspension will NOT begin until someone actually signs him, which is good.

#24228 7 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Better start repenting hard till next year buddy.

On his way home with Billyboy in NE next year. He'll be busy this season attending and video taping games for his mentor's pre-season study next year.

#24229 7 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I did read the suspension will NOT begin until someone actually signs him, which is good.

NE may sign him this year is the rumor. What would you do, perfect for teams to sign and have no ill effects on them other than press exposure.

#24230 7 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True, but this one is meant to be subjective and would be an interesting list if it showed the subjective opinion of the players as a whole. How they rank their own.

But until they let the players rank 100 players, it doesn't even deliver the correct subjective result.

#24231 6 days ago

One thing I've learned from watching 4 minutes of basketball and 5 of hockey is sports are so much better without fans.

#24232 6 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

One thing I've learned from watching 4 minutes of basketball and 5 of hockey is sports are so much better without fans.

You can sign up to be one of the 250 virtual NBA fans for each game - evidently booing and ref heckling are both encouraged. Great chance to make your voice heard.

#24233 6 days ago
299DC4F0-EEA1-4BF0-A442-C1B0AD133760 (resized).jpeg
#24234 6 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You can sign up to be one of the 250 virtual NBA fans for each game ....

And the NHL is using EA Hockey around for their crowd noise; awesome.

#24235 6 days ago

And tomatoes are now looking like Larry Bird

67DB1BF6-DBCC-4126-A024-7F83B5BAEE99 (resized).jpeg
#24236 6 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the NHL is using EA Hockey around for their crowd noise; awesome.

Would be epic if it were the 95 sounds, lol. Just the endless 16 bit goodness.

#24237 5 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Would be epic if it were the 95 sounds, lol. Just the endless 16 bit goodness.

NHL ‘94, please, but yes!

#24238 5 days ago

Hockey is still pretty fun without fans. It still isnt the same though but its better than nothing. Baseball seems ok but it needs a few fans in the stands. I dont know why they wont allow like 10K people and just sit them apart from each other.

#24239 5 days ago

The Rock bought the XFL, looks like they are going to try again next spring.

#24240 5 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I wonder what he paid for it. Hopefully not too much. Think he’ll get Bon Jovi back in the game as well?

#24241 5 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder what he paid for it. Hopefully not too much. Think he’ll get Bon Jovi back in the game as well?

15 million

#24242 5 days ago

It’s like he’s living out the script of late-season Ballers.

#24243 5 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s like he’s living out the script of late-season Ballers.

That show was pretty entertaining. I thought the details made it so good. Then the last couple of seasons just hand waved everything and bam, he owns a multi-billion dollar team when the year prior he was losing his tail on much lower end deals.

#24244 5 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m sure it will be another astounding spring football success.

#24245 5 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

NHL ‘94, please, but yes!

NHL '94 and Madden '94 were my sweet spot. For me, for each advance in realism after that - there was an equal reduction in fun.

#24246 5 days ago

94 was a monster introducing the one time.

92 will always get my respect for having the fight total kn the scoreboard.

Did 95 do away with the bloody ice?

Bill Walsh College Football from 94 was the best for me.

#24247 5 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Rock bought the XFL, looks like they are going to try again next spring

Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?

#24248 5 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?

Smells like another bankruptcy

#24249 5 days ago

Really getting the feeling the season is going to be cancelled. It's a worst case scenario. I just don't see how they hold a season without just ignoring the virus.

#24250 5 days ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

NHL '94 and Madden '94 were my sweet spot. For me, for each advance in realism after that - there was an equal reduction in fun.

Mostly agree, but Madden 06 was the best for me. They added passer vision, which allowed you to play as a safety and hawk balls. The controls were really crisp. It made playing defense fun, user picks were really satisfying. They completely removed it in subsequent years, apparently people complained it made passing too difficult (you first had to target your receiver). They should have at least left it as an option.

The problem is with an exclusive rights deal with the NFL since that era, EA has absolutely no incentive to add anything to the game other than roster updates and micro-transactions. The franchise mode has been neutered as well, presumably for the more profitable ultimate team game mode. I still buy it, but myself and the entire group I play with skip a year or two of releases. I still hate myself whenever I do buy it..

I did hear that 2k had some sort of a deal worked out with the players union, but I think EA has a lock on any "football simulation", so I doubt anything resembling a traditional football competitor comes of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Dallas, TX
Boards
PinSound
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
There are 24291 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside