pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 1,514.
#24101 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I dunno..obviously it’ll depend on who can land early. I like Jones in this 1. Mind you, I think that he was 1 of the best pound for pound best boxers ever in his prime. I like both boxers, and guess I’m kinda intrigued by it all..

Again, you guys are overlooking the obvious; Tyson was BEYOND DONE at 40 years old 15 years ago. He literally could not stand after 5 rounds, fighting the lowest level fighters on the planet, bar fighters who would have lasted 15 seconds with Tyson in 1988. Or even 1993. It doesnt come down to "who lands early" it comes down to who still has something - ANYTHING- left in the tank. And that person won't be Tyson.

I don't understand how 15 years of inactivity has somehow improved his chances of beating a high quality fighter, even one who is 51 years old (still 5 years younger than him).

I really hope this isn't a real "fight" cause Tyson might get himself killed. His physical deterioration and collapse in reflexes, power, and stamina over the last 5 years of his career was shocking. What he will look like 15 years later in a real, actual fight, will not be shocking. Just sad.

In case you need a reminder here it is. Be sure to stick around for the post-fight interview where Mike says he has no fighting guts anymore, hasn't since 1990, doesn't love boxing, and isn't gonna stick around embarrassing himself or "disrespecting the sport by losing to this caliber of fighter" anymore. And while you watch it, remember what kind of fighter McBride was - a tomato can of the lowest order.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3w7xlg

#24102 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I mean they do suck but you got a lot wrong there.
They’ve made the playoffs twice since then and won the nfc east in 2012 and 2015. Haha.

I'll admit when I'm wrong. When you google "Washington Redskins Playoffs" this is the 1st info:

Image result for washington redskins playoff years
The last time the Redskins made the playoffs was 2007. The last time the Redskins won a playoff game was 2005. The last time the Redskins won the NFC East was 1999. In their last two playoff games, the Redskins faced the Seattle Seahawks and lost on both counts.

That was from Bleacher Report no less which I used. Washington still has sucked for a long time.

#24103 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I'll admit when I'm wrong. When you google "Washington Redskins Playoffs" this is the 1st info:
Image result for washington redskins playoff years
The last time the Redskins made the playoffs was 2007. The last time the Redskins won a playoff game was 2005. The last time the Redskins won the NFC East was 1999. In their last two playoff games, the Redskins faced the Seattle Seahawks and lost on both counts.
That was from Bleacher Report no less which I used. Washington still has sucked for a long time.

Bleacher report is a joke. A bunch of amateurs.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Story there not riddled with errors, both factual and grammatical.

I can come here for that!!!

#24104 3 years ago

Bleacher Report horrible

#24105 3 years ago

I’m in for fantasy yo.....

#24106 3 years ago

Sums it up.

Spot On. (resized).pngSpot On. (resized).png
#24107 3 years ago

Yeah we discuss a lot of different sports but you got quite a few here that are "sports fans" in general so it's no biggie.

#24108 3 years ago

Yeah come on. It’s the default sports thread.

Nobody wants to give an inch during this fucking pandemic!

#24109 3 years ago

Baseball is back!!

25030907-A158-443A-A304-004FC059EB30 (resized).jpeg25030907-A158-443A-A304-004FC059EB30 (resized).jpeg
#24110 3 years ago

Reds Play tonight!

#24111 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200724-192736_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200724-192736_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#24112 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Baseball is back!![quoted image]

#WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Moose is loose !

#24113 3 years ago

If true then they must have reached an agreement on the cap issue, I'm going to check it out and see the terms.

#24114 3 years ago

Basically voted to keep it the same calling it flat cap at 198.2 mil..

#24115 3 years ago

First Opt out with likely many to follow. Can't blame these guys it's a heck of a risk for them and families.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chiefs-duvernay-tardif-first-to-opt-out-of-2020-nfl-season/ar-BB179z7X?ocid=msedgdhp

REDS win opener 7-1 over Tigers and with that baseball is on!

#24116 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

REDS win opener 7-1 over Tigers and with that baseball is on!

Just not the same without fans in the stands. Why couldn't they sell tickets and social distance?? Even if they only put 10k people in the stands it would be much better. I'm not going to watch the disrespectful kneeling pussies anyways but just sayin.

#24117 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just not the same without fans in the stands. Why couldn't they sell tickets and social distance?? Even if they only put 10k people in the stands it would be much better. I'm not going to watch the disrespectful kneeling pussies anyways but just sayin.

i just join game after all the BS.

#24118 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

i just join game after all the BS.

I watched a little last night with Debbie because she was all excited because she loves the Reds but it just seems really weird to me and kinda boring. It's like theres no spark or excitement there. I cant even imagine a manager caring enough to run out on the field and argue with a umpire because they usually play off if the fans when they so that.

#24119 3 years ago

Yeah it's going to be different that for sure but it's better than nothing. I imagine the NFL season will be much the same atmosphere wise and I expect overall play will not be as good as normal. Strike years may be some indication how play will look.

#24120 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah it's going to be different that for sure but it's better than nothing. I imagine the NFL season will be much the same atmosphere wise and I expect overall play will not be as good as normal. Strike years may be some indication how play will look.

Didnt the NFL say that they were going to play in front of full stadiums?

#24121 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Didnt the NFL say that they were going to play in front of full stadiums?

I think it was decided they'd have limited seating but I'm not 100% sure of that. Someone will chime in I'm sure who has more info on it.

#24122 3 years ago

How are you liking the Burgertime?

#24123 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

How are you liking the Burgertime?

Havent played it much but I love the game and I think that cabinet is a cool little addition to my gameroom. If I had more room I would buy more of them for sure.

#24124 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Havent played it much but I love the game and I think that cabinet is a cool little addition to my gameroom. If I had more room I would more if them for sure.

I may go up to Treasure Isle today and see if the guy up there that was selling them cheap is still open. I could have gotten an Asteroids for $75.00 last time I was there.

#24125 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I may go up to Treasure Isle today and see if the guy up there that was selling them cheap is still open. I could have gotten an Asteroids for $75.00 last time I was there.

I've heard the asteroids game has a really bad spinner that you use for tempest but you could replace that with a better one, especially if you can get it as cheap as 75 bucks. I've heard the best game is golden tee. They are making a new golden tee/ Silver Strike bowling combo soon I heard. That would be a good game.

#24126 3 years ago

Silverstrike is so damn fun! And every skill level can play this game as it only has one rule! " must have beer in non-throwing hand tho "

20200430_181103 (resized).jpg20200430_181103 (resized).jpg
#24127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Silverstrike is so damn fun! And every skill level can play this game as it only has one rule! " must have beer in non-throwing hand tho "
[quoted image]

Very nice , same folks who make golden tee?

#24128 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Looks like a very fun game.....I've always wanted to play one, but I've never seen one in the wild

#24129 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

I've never played golden tee or silver strike either one if you can believe that shit or not. I like golf though and Debbie loves bowling so I figured that will be a game for us to play.

#24130 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You missed a hell of a game. Hopefully Debbie is watching.

#24131 3 years ago

Silverstrike is great. I bought one for my brother as a house warming gift as it was his favorite game in college. They are usually dirt cheap. 500 bucks all day.

#24132 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200725-103017_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200725-103017_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#24133 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You missed a hell of a game. Hopefully Debbie is watching.

Yes she wont miss a game. She loves the Reds more than anyone I've ever seen.

#24134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Silverstrike is great. I bought one for my brother as a house warming gift as it was his favorite game in college. They are usually dirt cheap. 500 bucks all day.

Is Silverstrike an old game? I remember i was at a bar about a year ago and they had a new bowling machine in there that people were playing where you rolled the ball like on Golden Tee. I figured that it was something brand new that had came out. I dont know what it was called, I just assumed that was Silverstrike bowling?

#24135 3 years ago

Yeah silverstrike has been out awhile. Not sure if they update them or not though.

#24136 3 years ago

I think the software says 2005 when booting up! My buddy says it out earns his location pins 3-1 in coin drop!

#24137 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think the software says 2005 when booting up! My buddy says it out earns his location pins 3-1 in coin drop!

And way less maintenance too!

#24138 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And way less maintenance too!

I had a Golden Tee for a while. Although the game was fun it got a little old for me....

#24139 3 years ago

"The Seahawks will send safety Bradley McDougald, first-round picks in 2021 and 2022 and a third-round pick in 2021 to New York in exchange for Adams and the Jets' fourth-round pick in 2022."

Very happy with that haul! Adams is a great player, but he's a great player at a low impact position yet still wants a 5+ year/$16m+ per deal as a safety, and will throw temper tantrums every time something doesn't go his way. Pain in the ass, that guy. Always something. I'll take the high picks and not having to tie up a good portion of the cap in a safety.

#24140 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

The Seahawks will send safety Bradley McDougald, first-round picks in 2021 and 2022 and a third-round pick in 2021 to New York in exchange for Adams and the Jets' fourth-round pick in 2022.

Didn't he just call out his HC on the Jets? Thought I read where he is an incredible pain in the ass but as you say a great player and therefore useful so long as he doesn't go AB on anyone.

#24141 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Didn't he just call out his HC on the Jets? Thought I read where he is an incredible pain in the ass but as you say a great player and therefore useful so long as he doesn't go AB on anyone.

He pulled out every "trade me now" trick in the book towards the end there, short of bagging on teammates. The owners, the fans, the coach, the GM; scorched earth. The Jets had no choice at this point, and I thought they were going to end up with a lot less because of it.

#24142 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

The Seahawks will send safety Bradley McDougald, first-round picks in 2021 and 2022 and a third-round pick in 2021 to New York in exchange for Adams and the Jets' fourth-round pick in 2022."

That's a lot for any player let a lone Adams. While I certainly think Seattle will get some great play from this guy for a few I think the Jets did get the better end of this deal.

Quoted from VALIS666:

The Jets had no choice at this point, and I thought they were going to end up with a lot less because of it.

#24143 3 years ago

Damn Reds bullpen let them down lost 4-6 after having a 3-1 lead late.

#24144 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is Silverstrike an old game? I remember i was at a bar about a year ago and they had a new bowling machine in there that people were playing where you rolled the ball like on Golden Tee. I figured that it was something brand new that had came out. I dont know what it was called, I just assumed that was Silverstrike bowling?

It’s been out since 2005-2006 at least. That’s when my bro played it all the time in college.

#24145 3 years ago

The Jets' GM earned his pay for the year getting 2 firsts and a 3rd for a vocal malcontent who was doing everything he could to sabotage their leverage. Simply amazing.

They even got a JAG starter to plug into their defense.

#24146 3 years ago

Yeah, that is true, the Jets definitely did well on that one.

I think Schneider is probably the best GM in the league, or should at least be the most coveted by fans. He drafts really well and isn't afraid to go all in on FA to address missing pieces. The Seahawks are a threat every single year, and now they have a piece to put them in direct competition with the best team in football.

He took the best of what he learned under Wolf and Thompson in GB, but plays in the higher risk market, and frequently cashes out big.

#24147 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yeah, that is true, the Jets definitely did well on that one.
I think Schneider is probably the best GM in the league, or should at least be the most coveted by fans. He drafts really well and isn't afraid to go all in on FA to address missing pieces. The Seahawks are a threat every single year, and now they have a piece to put them in direct competition with the best team in football.
He took the best of what he learned under Wolf and Thompson in GB, but plays in the higher risk market, and frequently cashes out big.

Schneider was once employed by the Washington football team. Fired along with schottenheimer.

#24148 3 years ago

Can a team be so bad off at the safety position to justify 2 first rounders? Does upgrading safety suddenly put you in contention for a title? I guess this is why im some random IT guy and not an NFL gm.

#24149 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I guess the dont update it annually like they do Goldentee. I didnt realize it but the same company makes a mini golf game as well called powerputt. My wife and I have spent hours playing that. Braxton Brewery has one, and its a blast.

#24150 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Can a team be so bad off at the safety position to justify 2 first rounders? Does upgrading safety suddenly put you in contention for a title? I guess this is why im some random IT guy and not an NFL gm.

The Seahawks are already in contention for a title but their D was a big dissapointment last year. So I see why they wanted to upgrade this position. I agree safety not a marquee position so it really does seem a little odd considering what they gave up. They are always a good team though so it’s not the jets can expect top 20 picks out of this deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
There are 75,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/483 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.