24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 1,513.
#24001 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The heavyweight division is finally getting interesting again. It's too bad we probably won't get to see Fury vs Joshua any time soon. I'd love to see a fight between Joseph Parker and Deontay Wilder at some point to set one of them up for a title shot.

Wilder-vs-Fury III has to come first and maybe even IIII, I'm sure both will have rematch clauses.

#24002 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wilder-vs-Fury III has to come first and maybe even IIII, I'm sure both will have rematch clauses.

True, but the way Wilder got slapped around in the 2nd fight I was hoping that would make room for some fresher match ups. I'm also in the camp that thinks Fury won the first fight, even though he got knocked down a couple of times.

#24003 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

True, but the way Wilder got slapped around in the 2nd fight I was hoping that would make room for some fresher match ups. I'm also in the camp that thinks Fury won the first fight, even though he got knocked down a couple of times.

He's definitely the better fighter so long as he's off the ropes. The second fight Fury was ready and he will be for the upcoming fight, I look for him to win again.

#24004 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You know what a routine is, when a certain group of guys calling themselves superior in more ways than just their opinions gang together consistently for no other reason than to point out how inferior, stupid, idiotic or racist someone else is when their opinion simply does not agree with them. Seriously it's like I'm watching an old Errol Flynn movie where he plays Robinhood with his little merry group dancing around his feet with baited breath waiting for his next snarky remark. I know idiot, uneducated, stupid, redneck, racist, have I left any of the labels you use so freely when describing others out?
People have different opinions that's life and it's the basis of debate or conversation not simply ridicule and derision for those whom you oppose in ideology. You should practice what you preach and listen, you may just hear something for a change. The old saying can't see past your own nose has never been more evident at least for those willing to look.

These guys are all spineless RWH. Nothing but a bunch of nerds who who couldn't back their self up if their life depended on it. They were either raised without Dads or they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and coddled their whole lives and it turned them into whimps.

#24005 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These guys are all spineless RWH. Nothing but a bunch of nerds who who couldn't back their self up if their life depended on it. They were either raised without Dads or they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and coddled their whole lives and it turned them into whimps.

Original thoughts are not allowed Who-Dey, follow the pack or get whacked!

#24006 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Original thoughts are not allowed Who-Dey, follow the pack or get whacked!

I would rather be whacked anyday than a wimpy nerd.

#24007 3 years ago

The repetitious schoolyard bully tactics just grow tiresome Who-Dey, they may find your views opposing, okay I get it but don't immediately resort to mud slinging. Some people have a hard time digesting complete honesty when they hear it from others that's why it's so difficult for them to examine their own actions. Those who point the fingers consistently have much to hide and that honesty threatens them.

#24008 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Five months into this, why are these players STILL testing positive? They are going to nightclubs every night? Pool parties?
I don’t know man I just don’t understand it.

Bar at MSU opened and 114 cases of Rona leading to 19 more from people infecting others.
In the semi-heyseed town next to mine, 45 cases just popped up from a house party, including 2 people from the city canoe livery, which shut that down immediately.

This is why I laugh at colleges the most. NFL could invent a bubble at least, which would do some good. There is no change from waht I've seen on this campus. Beer pong, partying, sharing scooters etc.

In lower down news. The High School authority has said they see no issues moving forward with Fall sports, whilst the teachers are getting close to refusing to teach kids in school.

#24009 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There is no change from waht I've seen on this campus. Beer pong, partying, sharing scooters etc.

I'm just going to assume "sharing scooters" is a euphemism.

#24010 3 years ago

Young and invincible Law we were all there once, I don't excuse it but I do understand it, god knows I did a lot of dumb shit when I was young. We just got to figure out how to wake them up to the fact their actions affect us too.

#24011 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm just going to assume "sharing scooters" is a euphemism.

A fair assumption, but I mean literally 2 people riding on a bird/whatever local brand of electric rented scooters. Seen it multiple times.

#24012 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

god knows I did a lot of dumb shit when I was young.

I still do dumb shit now, and I am not young.

AND, it is still fun as long as no one gets hurt.

#24013 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

A fair assumption, but I mean literally 2 people riding on a bird/whatever local brand of electric rented scooters. Seen it multiple times.

I think a lot of people see a group of young adults together and think that they're being irresponsible. I think that's probably true in a lot of cases, but if I were 21 when this was going on, I would have been isolating with the 4 other dudes I lived with. You would probably see us sitting in lawn chairs around a cooler right about now.

The shitty thing is I would have also been working at a grocery store, AND a kitchen. Not exactly something I could have done from home. My roommates had jobs of similar exposure. I really can't imagine one of us wouldn't have brought it home and infected the whole house.

#24014 3 years ago

I think a lot of people see a group of young adults together and think that they're being irresponsible. I think that's probably true in a lot of cases, but if I were 21 when this was going on, I would have been isolating with the 4 other dudes I lived with. You would probably see us sitting in lawn chairs around a cooler right about now.

The bro house in our neighborhood had a similar vibe going, beer pong on the front lawn every afternoon but just the same small group. Then something slipped and they started inviting others over, and before you know it their parents were out there partying with them (mom seemed pretty handy with the ping pong balls).

#24015 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200716-224253~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200716-224253~2 (resized).png
#24016 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins bombshell: standard toxic, sexist workplace, harassment etc. tits commented on, asses pinched.
It sucks, and it’s bad, and it’s gross, but I doubt the league gives a shit. Business as usual. Probably happens in every nfl organization.
Stuck with Snyder forever. Pray for me boys.

I was listening to sports radio in KC, most of them thought that once this gets released Wassington will have a new owner by the beginning of the season. My guess is Bezos will be the new owner; if I remember correctly he wanted to buy a team a few years back. His paper running an expose on Washington might make it happen.

#24017 3 years ago

Man we were hoping this would sink Snyder because really no one can stand the guy as a fan of the team. I wasn’t able to read the article since I don’t subscribe to the post, but from reading reactions doesn’t sound like something that will force Snyder to sell the team.

#24018 3 years ago

Wow I never knew this guy was such a smuck. Maybe the owners will make enough noise something will change and he'll have to step aside.

#24019 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow I never knew this guy was such a smuck. Maybe the owners will make enough noise something will change and he'll have to step aside.

You must have Levi on ignore, he’s mentioned it a time or two

#24020 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Must be only looking at Bengals news....the guy has been known to be a disaster since day 1.

#24021 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Must be only looking at Bengals news....the guy has been known to be a disaster since day 1.

I’d say most people didn’t really figure it out until about day 500.

When he came in, running the team like a fan and assembling the “dream team” people were excited. “He wants to win!!!”

By the time he fired schottenhiemer in favor of steve spurrier maybe half of us figured out what a vindictive moron He is.

By now it’s gotta be about 90 percent. But he had tons of apologists until fairly recently. Even after Albert hayensworth.

“He just wants to win!”

#24022 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d say most people didn’t really figure it out until about day 500.

Might be fair.
His whole schtick was he was the young billionaire come to shake up the old billionaires of the league and change the NFL. So I think there was excitement from half the people and suspicion form the other half....or whatever ratio fits.

#24023 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

yes but I'd never read any articles about him just knew what scuttlebutt was said about him over the years on NFl tv but he was much more shitty than that I see.

I don't put anyone on ignore, if the heats to much as they say stay out of the kitchen.

#24025 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200719-212129~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200719-212129~2 (resized).png
#24026 3 years ago

AB says he's retiring.

Translation, no one is willing to put up with his shit.

#24027 3 years ago

AB says he's retiring.
Translation, no one is willing to put up with his shit.

I have no sympathy for him...he screwed up one of my fantasy teams!

#24028 3 years ago

I 100% hope that somehow the NFL season gets played, but I have my doubts.

Just surfing through cable channels I see all the time a old NFL game is on.

IF, when they have one with the Patriots, if they could just star it or something marking a loss, I may would watch that.

And as a lifelong Denver fan it does suck how well KC may do for a long time now, but unless playing Denver, I will pull for KC because it is fun to watch.

Mahomes is awesome, I hope Denver can find a QB as good or better than him.

One of the best days of my life was when Denver beat Atlanta in the superbowl.

I knew the Pats was going to beat the Falcons in the superbowl, my girlfriend was hopeful, while at the time I was just thinking why some other team could have just went in the first place.

I will always hate SF. Beat my Broncos 55-10 that time.

(I kind of think now one reason I hate the Falcons so much is because of all the local media hype, it was old a long time ago, and I never seen what they were hyping, and I said no way, and I was right).

For me Denver has always been MILE HIGH, we are king of this mountain, come up here to play us and bring your oxygen tanks, you will need them. (the 3 amigos were awesome back in the day, shame they never won the big one).

And yeah, I hate KC, I want to see Denver do awesome, but at least it is ok in a way.

#24029 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

but unless playing Denver, I will pull for KC because it is fun to watch.

And yeah, I hate KC

Unpossible. Pulling for a division rival is the Nut Low for any sports fan.

#24030 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I 100% hope that somehow the NFL season gets played, but I have my doubts.
Just surfing through cable channels I see all the time a old NFL game is on.
IF, when they have one with the Patriots, if they could just star it or something marking a loss, I may would watch that.
And as a lifelong Denver fan it does suck how well KC may do for a long time now, but unless playing Denver, I will pull for KC because it is fun to watch.
Mahomes is awesome, I hope Denver can find a QB as good or better than him.
One of the best days of my life was when Denver beat Atlanta in the superbowl.
I knew the Pats was going to beat the Falcons in the superbowl, my girlfriend was hopeful, while at the time I was just thinking why some other team could have just went in the first place.
I will always hate SF. Beat my Broncos 55-10 that time.
(I kind of think now one reason I hate the Falcons so much is because of all the local media hype, it was old a long time ago, and I never seen what they were hyping, and I said no way, and I was right).
For me Denver has always been MILE HIGH, we are king of this mountain, come up here to play us and bring your oxygen tanks, you will need them. (the 3 amigos were awesome back in the day, shame they never won the big one).
And yeah, I hate KC, I want to see Denver do awesome, but at least it is ok in a way.

I still have dreams of Elway getting split in half on that helicopter run.

#24031 3 years ago

Bad news, fellas...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/07/21/nfl-cancel-2020-preseason-agrees-reduced-training-camp-rosters/5483773002/?s=09

No preseason. Roster sizes reduced from 90 to 80. I thought they would go the other way with roster sizes... feels like they're gonna need the depth should this season actually happen.

#24032 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have no sympathy for him...he screwed up one of my fantasy teams!

But but but.......hes got CTE remember?

#24033 3 years ago

Great Super Middleweight fight coming on ESPN in about 15 minutes. Edward Berlanga 13-0 13 1st rd KO's =VS= Eric Moon 11-2 6 by KO

Can Berlanga make it 14 1st round knockouts in a row???? Inquiring minds want to know.

#24034 3 years ago

No preseason was a given, can't start losing people on meaningless games.

#24035 3 years ago

Fight is over 15th first round KO for this kid, he has devastating power! 1:02 of the first.

Quoted from TheLaw:

No preseason was a given, can't start losing people on meaningless games.

Testing everyday for the first 2 weeks and so long as positives cases stay at or below 5% they will go to an every other day testing. I just don't see how they're going to keep it going once quarantines begin.

I'm bias on this but it sure is unfair for the rookies this season, those preseason games mean a lot.

#24036 3 years ago

Yeah well it would be more unfair if they didn't get to play at all or be paid; we got kind of a situation in the world.
Bubble the whole fucking thing.

#24037 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah well it would be more unfair if they didn't get to play at all or be paid;

I agree I don't have a solution it's a bad situation for all.

#24038 3 years ago

Bad news, fellas...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/07/21/nfl-cancel-2020-preseason-agrees-reduced-training-camp-rosters/5483773002/?s=09
No preseason. Roster sizes reduced from 90 to 80. I thought they would go the other way with roster sizes... feels like they're gonna need the depth should this season actually happen.

This is just gonna be a weird, chaotic season like the other three pro major leagues are going to have. Could be fun, could be a total train wreck. As a suffering Jets fan, I'll take some league-wide chaos. Couldn't hurt.

#24039 3 years ago

I don't know about rookies, if a vet opts out he will receive a stipend but will have to jump through hoops somewhat next season to not violate terms.

#24040 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

This is just gonna be a weird, chaotic season like the other three pro major leagues are going to have. Could be fun, could be a total train wreck. As a suffering Jets fan, I'll take some league-wide chaos. Couldn't hurt.

I think MLB has the best shot of all in having successful but shortened season. The game lends itself to social distancing with the exception of dugouts and they can just spread them down the lines and cure that. Quarantine bubbles throughout season and they could just wear masks in the dugouts

#24041 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think MLB has the best shot of all in having successful but shortened season. The game lends itself to social distancing with the exception of dugouts and they can just spread them down the lines and cure that. Quarantine bubbles throughout season and they could just wear masks in the dugouts

But they are playing these games in home stadiums?

That’s an awful lot of travel. Lots of hotels. Dozens of chances for players to do something dumb like go to Applebee’s. Seems like the “Nba bubble” try is the most likely to succeed.

And I don’t consider it very likely to succeed.

#24042 3 years ago

Baseball is sketchy because they all have where in every port, and they will all be suspended for breaking the no spitting rule.

#24043 3 years ago

Interesting take where vested native Americans are okay with the Redskins name change, but upset that the logo isn’t staying.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/it-takes-away-from-the-native-americans-son-of-redskins-logo-designer-denounces-rebranding

#24044 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah well it would be more unfair if they didn't get to play at all or be paid; we got kind of a situation in the world.
Bubble the whole fucking thing.

Stop being such a Karen!

#24045 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

they are traveling and instituting the bubble like boxing where they can't go out or they're quarantined and I'm sure not paid for 14 playing days. Even with all that I still think they have a better shot then the NFL does. When i said "successful" I mean where every players gets paid and the owners break even and even if they don't they'll gain it back in fan good will down the line.

#24046 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Interesting take where vested native Americans are okay with the Redskins name change, but upset that the logo isn’t staying.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/it-takes-away-from-the-native-americans-son-of-redskins-logo-designer-denounces-rebranding

I don't click on washington examiner links.

But yes, if my dad or grandpa designed a logo, I'd probably want to keep it too. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to think for all Native Americans.

I love the logo. He's badass. It's super classy and respectful and it didn't surprise me at all to find out it was drawn by a native American.

Compare it to the similar but clownish Blackhawks logo. THat's a straight up caricature and it should be the next to go.

#24047 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dozens of chances for players to do something dumb like go to Applebee’s.

This is dumb regardless of pandemic.

#24048 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is dumb regardless of pandemic.

A chili’s man I see!

#24049 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm bias on this but it sure is unfair for the rookies this season, those preseason games mean a lot.

Important to who? Besides the owner's of course. A bunch of pracrice squad unknown players who aren't even on the roster for the season opener. But who really wants to watch those games anyways.

#24050 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Important to who?

Obviously Joe Borrow.
You think they'd be happy to have an excuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/481?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.