pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 1,514.
#23951 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just finished my first NFBC fantasy baseball draft. 4 more to go before 60 game sprint starts
Usually in Vegas during March and March madness tourney for Baseball drafts.
I’ll be in Vegas for live football drafts in Sept
Zero chance they don’t play.
It’s ALL about the money
As for NBA? Does anyone care? Show some pick up games in the park on ESPN. Lol
The whole thing is a joke

I know when I want to know how something Rona related is gonna turn out, I always turn to Ice “this whole thing will be over in February” Man for the most accurate predictions!

#23952 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know when I want to know how something Rona related is gonna turn out, I always turn to Ice “this whole thing will be over in February” Man for the most accurate predictions!

Lol.

You live in NYC. Enough said

February is when the Comrade and top health officials in NYC were saying to ignore travel bans etc

It started in March. Get the facts straight.

Fake news toilet paper New York Times and NYC is burning. Fredo and his brother are having a good ole time

The Jets and Giants will have to play games in Florida to avoid the rioting and murder

Def would recommend no fans there in attendance

#23953 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200715-222027_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200715-222027_Twitter (resized).jpg
#23954 3 years ago

He needs to be gone. Shitty owner from day one and the epitome of white privilege

The only justice here would be a forced sale to Foxwoods or one of the Indian reservations.

One of the black DC politicians said if you change your racist name we will build you a new stadium?

Wtf, why build another one at taxpayer expense?

#23955 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol.
You live in NYC. Enough said
February is when the Comrade and top health officials in NYC were saying to ignore travel bans etc
It started in March. Get the facts straight.
Fake news toilet paper New York Times and NYC is burning. Fredo and his brother are having a good ole time
The Jets and Giants will have to play games in Florida to avoid the rioting and murder
Def would recommend no fans there in attendance

blah blah blah

you been wrong about this every step of the way and now TEXAS is fucked, not NYC.

Enjoy it. People like you are 100 percent to blame.

#23956 3 years ago

This is awful.

And great!

If Snyder is forced to sell this team, it will be the greatest thing to happen to the team in almost 30 years. They may do a parade.

Virtually of course.

#23957 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

blah blah blah
you been wrong about this every step of the way and now TEXAS is fucked, not NYC.
Enjoy it. People like you are 100 percent to blame.

Fake news.

Texas is NOT f Ed

No Comrade or Fredo here

Everybody wants to come here. Lol

We have 3000 deaths out of 30 million people

Comrade and Fredo killed 30,000 people.

Total ignorance and people like YOU

FACT

#23958 3 years ago

You've been thrown out of like 4 threads for this bullshit.

FACT

have another drink Tex

#23959 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've been thrown out of like 4 threads for this bullshit.
FACT
have another drink Tex

Only one for stating the truth

Quit lying Levi. Go beat up some police. Lol

You and your brother Beergut

#23960 3 years ago

Yeah, he sucks.

It's starting to feel like washington is making sure we have something to talk about during this sports lull. Every time I think theyre going to take a back seat they pull a "hold my beer" moment.

For those hungry for other pseudo sports stories, heres a wacky story about KGB, the former DE for the Packers. SI is releasing it in 3 parts, because 1 wasnt enough to fit all his crazy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/14/kabeer-gbaja-biamila-kgb-new-religious-movement-school-play-incident

#23961 3 years ago

It is nuts. A ton of top officials on the Skins have either been let go or quit since the 2019 season ended. Some of the moves were REALLY odd, shit like director of player personell leaving just doesn't happen in July. Larry Michael has a plum gig I couldn't believe when I heard he was leaving...really thought it was odd. Now this stuff.

Michael is the homer skins commentary guy Snyder brought in when he fired the beloved Frank Herzog. He sucked hard. Was famous for his "intangibles" column when he picked the Redskins to win every week. For about 10 years, the skins were undefeated in Larry Michael W predictions, and never once checked the "intangibles" column for the opponent. It was kind of a running joke.

Godspeed Larry. May the intangibles be with you.

#23962 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They’ll keep the song, and change the lyrics. Fans love that fucking song!

Sure I just meant changing the obvious parts; Not familiar with the song myself.

He could be getting the boot guys....Gentlemen, start your boners.

sb (resized).jpgsb (resized).jpg
#23963 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200715-232551~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200715-232551~2 (resized).png
#23964 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard a little of that...is a red wolf a thing out there?

Sadly red wolves are critically endangered now. They used to be pretty much everywhere but now are pretty much isolated in a large sanctuary close to outer banks NC. Had the privilege of seeing one in the wild last year while driving around the refuge. Its pretty amazing that there is a little known place within 20 mins of the beach where you can find black bear, rattlesnakes, and the rare red wolf. Makes you question how much better off the world would be with less people ruining things.

Unsure the tie in to Washington.... but interesting choice of a name.

#23965 3 years ago

Native Americans NOT OFFENDED by the Redskins name. I hate to say it (not really) but i told you so!

#23966 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Native Americans NOT OFFENDED by the Redskins name. I hate to say it (not really) but i told you so!

You cant just cherry pick something and make blanket statements. There are plenty of Native Americans that don't go on Spicer (Spicer, reallly?!?!?!) that are offended by the name. Look around you, does the President of any country speak for all of it's citizens?

#23967 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You cant just cherry pick something and make blanket statements. There are plenty of Native Americans that don't go on Spicer (Spicer, reallly?!?!?!) that are offended by the name. Look around you, does the President of any country speak for all of it's citizens?

You’re wasting your time. Who-Dey chooses not to respond when confronted with actual Native Americans that are offended by the name (including a Pinsider who posted in this very thread!), and it’s back to unsupportable generalizations.

#23968 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You’re wasting your time. Who-Dey chooses not to respond when confronted with actual Native Americans that are offended by the name (including a Pinsider who posted in this very thread!), and it’s back to unsupportable generalizations.

Theres nothing to respond to lol. Native Americans arent offended. Sure you can find one somewhere that is but in general they arent. What if a couple of steel workers were offended by the Steelers name, should they change it? What if PETA was offended by the Bengals, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, Jaguars, and Bears etc, should those teams change their names? This is stupid and we need to tell the cancel culture to Just stfu and to get a life.

#23969 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres nothing to respond to lol. Native Americans arent offended. Sure you can find one somewhere that is but in general they arent. What if a couple of steel workers were offended by the Steelers name, should they change it? What if PETA was offended by the Bengals, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, Jaguars, and Bears etc, should those teams change their names? This is stupid and we need to tell the cancel culture to Just stfu and to get a life.

Do you have any basis for your “one or two troublemakers” theory? A while back I posted recent survey data that says a majority of Native Americans don’t care for it, and the percentage goes way up when you poll people that are actively involved in traditional tribal observances. Now admittedly that was research conducted by experts at a University so it may not bear the same weight with you as an anecdote from the Sean Spicer show. But the Navajo Nation also issued a strong statement. All to the point that the name is bothersome to many Native Americans.

You don’t have to give a shit if people are offended by the continued use of old racial slurs that were applied to their people, not yours. But to pretend it doesn’t bother anyone just because you don’t care is just bizarre.

#23970 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you have any basis for your “one or two troublemakers” theory? A while back I posted recent survey data that says a majority of Native Americans don’t care for it, and the percentage goes way up when you poll people that are actively involved in traditional tribal observances. Now admittedly that was research conducted by experts at a University so it may not bear the same weight with you as an anecdote from the Sean Spicer show. But the Navajo Nation also issued a strong statement. All to the point that the name is bothersome to many Native Americans.
You don’t have to give a shit if people are offended by the continued use of old racial slurs that were applied to their people, not yours. But to pretend it doesn’t bother anyone just because you don’t care is just bizarre.

I guess maybe i don't understand because i could care less if anyone calls me names. I mean seriously it bothers me absolutely none at at all, zilch! 90% of Native Americans polled said that they didn’t consider Redskin a racial slur. There are also Native American schools that call themselves the Redskins. I think you are just offended by everything dude, your life must be miserable.

#23971 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess maybe i don't understand because i could care less if anyone calls me names. I mean seriously it bothers me absolutely none at at all, zilch!

Understood, empathy is not your thing.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

90% of Native Americans polled said that they didn’t consider Redskin a racial slur. There are also Native American schools that call themselves the Redskins.

Was this a Fox call-in poll? Anyway, there’s at least one survey conducted by a legit university that says otherwise. I already posted it.

As far as school names, did anyone say that there might not be places, like a tribal school that picked it for themselves, where no one is going to have a problem with it? The question is whether it belongs on an NFL team. Context matters, my dear boy.

[EDIT]: Taking up a lot of real estate in the NFL thread so I'll leave it there, other than to say I'm glad you're not my uncle so I don't have to listen to all the bullshit at Thanksgiving. But its nice to know I have a pass to insult you with impunity if we ever were to meet!

#23972 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[EDIT]: Taking up a lot of real estate in the NFL thread so...

Seriously...just stop.

#23973 3 years ago

The beauty of idiots arguing against “the name change” is they are totally irrelevant.

It’s over. It’s changed. They can go to storm front and commiserate with their fellow Neanderthals all they want but it won’t make a difference.

Arguing with them is as pointless as them continuing to shit up this thread with their Archie bunker routines.

#23974 3 years ago

You know what a routine is, when a certain group of guys calling themselves superior in more ways than just their opinions gang together consistently for no other reason than to point out how inferior, stupid, idiotic or racist someone else is when their opinion simply does not agree with them. Seriously it's like I'm watching an old Errol Flynn movie where he plays Robinhood with his little merry group dancing around his feet with baited breath waiting for his next snarky remark. I know idiot, uneducated, stupid, redneck, racist, have I left any of the labels you use so freely when describing others out?

People have different opinions that's life and it's the basis of debate or conversation not simply ridicule and derision for those whom you oppose in ideology. You should practice what you preach and listen, you may just hear something for a change. The old saying can't see past your own nose has never been more evident at least for those willing to look.

#23975 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

... Seriously it's like I'm watching an old Errol Flynn movie... The old saying can't see past your own nose ...

How fucking old are you?

#23976 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How fucking old are you?

Flintstones old lol, nothing but dust when I fart brother.

#23977 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How fucking old are you?

Quoted from RWH:

Flintstones old lol, nothing but dust when I fart brother.

Hey, at least Robin Hood is a talkie.

#23978 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know idiot, uneducated, stupid, redneck, racist, have I left any of the labels you use so freely when describing others out?

#23979 3 years ago

They were no longer made but hell I grew up on silent Charlie Chapman movies. The only old movies I couldn't cut were the singing cowboys....to borrow from Tom Hanks, "there's no singing in westerns", just whistling and a lot of gun play. lol No Dean Martin or Ricky Nelsons songs, if not for the Duke it would have ruined Rio Bravo.

#23980 3 years ago

Cherry picking Billy does not change the facts, we are "all" guilty of lashing out at some point, it's different when it is constant and predictable. I don't agree with some aspects of opinions put out there, the difference is I'm willing to listen and debate rather than just name calling schoolyard crap.

#23981 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The beauty of idiots arguing against “the name change” is they are totally irrelevant.

It’s over. It’s changed. They can go to storm front and commiserate with their fellow Neanderthals all they want but it won’t make a difference.

Wow I don't know why I don't like you then, you sound so much like Archie with your vernacular tirades.

#23982 3 years ago

Lol

pinside clowns (resized).jpgpinside clowns (resized).jpg
#23983 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow I don't know why I don't like you then, you sound so much like Archie with your vernacular tirades.

Stifle it there RW!!!!

#23984 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lol
[quoted image]

I seriously couldn’t explain it any better. Haha

#23985 3 years ago

What is everybody hearing as it concerns how the NFL is going to manage the virus situation during a season?

I read they are going to test 3 times a week and should a player test positive he will be quarantined for 14 days.

All other players he was in contact with on both teams (if after a game they test +) offense and defense will be tested if negative the player(s) will be allowed to practice and/or play.

I only mention these 2 scenarios as they're the only points I read more than once in different articles but it is ludicrous to think it will work. Let one positive test popup amongst some of the original negatives, after he's practiced with teammates and you have a problem to say the least. I don't have the answer other than don't play period, I just can't see any other solution that protects all.

Perhaps we can look to the NBA for an inkling of how this might go and in my opinion that's not good.

Hockey may be a better example of how the NFL will go but I think Hockey will go south as the season gets under way.

MLB has the best chance of having a season IMHO because there's not near the prolonged contact that exist in football, basketball, or hockey, the nature of the game lends itself to social distancing.

I also don't care for the idea we may have Joe out there behind second and third stringers. You would think the Bengals would not risk him but then you have to weigh that with his need to feel the fire so to speak and you can't do that in one or two games. I would vote we just sit him and he has his rookie year next season.

#23986 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

What is everybody hearing as it concerns how the NFL is going to manage the virus situation during a season?

I honestly don't see a season happening in the NFL. I think everyone should buckledown and appreciate Golf, as it will be the only sport safe enough to maintain safety procudeures.

Of all the sports, the NFL will be the most difficult to monitor. Way too many moving pieces, not even including the players. Just take a look at an NFL sideline, are all of those support staff going to be as vigilant about health as the players are expected to be?

#23987 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I honestly don't see a season happening in the NFL.

That's the only real solution I can see as too.

#23988 3 years ago

The Chiefs have put the league on notice that we intend to win the next two Superbowls. If we can keep our QB healthy and our offensive skill players out of trouble, it just might happen.

Before the off-season, the Chiefs were reported to have $177.00 in cap room. They structured Mahomes' and Jones' contracts to keep two of the best players on the roster (among some other re-structuring that didn't come with much fanfare). We are probably going to have to pay the piper starting in 2022, but we are going to hopefully enjoy the ride.

#23989 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

The Chiefs have put the league on notice that we intend to win the next two Superbowls. If we can....

Some of the best teams in the history of the NFL couldn't do it, wouldn't expect the chiefs to, but good luck.

#23990 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some of the best teams in the history of the NFL couldn't do it, wouldn't expect the chiefs to, but good luck.

Im sure you could say this about lots of teams throughout history, but pending injury I see few people competing with the Chiefs. Maybe Ravens if Lamar can have even ALMOST the season he had last year.

#23991 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

... but pending injury I see few people competing with the Chiefs.

Pat's, hogs, steelers, cowboys x2, SF, nyg, denver etc.
3 in a row is as close to impossible as you can get in the NFL.
2 is going to be very very hard.

#23992 3 years ago

Redskins bombshell: standard toxic, sexist workplace, harassment etc. tits commented on, asses pinched.

It sucks, and it’s bad, and it’s gross, but I doubt the league gives a shit. Business as usual. Probably happens in every nfl organization.

Stuck with Snyder forever. Pray for me boys.

#23993 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It sucks, and it’s bad, and it’s gross, but I doubt the league gives a shit. Business as usual.

They kicked Richardson to the curb

#23994 3 years ago

abc World News just mentioned 72 NFL players have tested positive.

#23995 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They kicked Richardson to the curb

Yeah but Richardson was implicated directly. Snyder isn’t. Neither was Bruce Allen either (shockingly). Most / all of the implicated Are fired / have left.

To borrow a tired phrase from my enemies, it’s kind of a “nothingburger” considering the hype.

#23996 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

abc World News just mentioned 72 NFL players have tested positive.

I'm surprised it isn't higher.

#23997 3 years ago

Top Rank on ESPN again I'm really liking these fights they're showing. I want to see this new heavyweight Jared Anderson 4-0 all by knockout and this kid has power and he can box. He sparred with Tyson Fury.

#23998 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Top Rank on ESPN again I'm really liking these fights they're showing. I want to see this new heavyweight Jared Anderson 4-0 all by knockout and this kid has power and he can box. He spared with Tyson Fury.

The heavyweight division is finally getting interesting again. It's too bad we probably won't get to see Fury vs Joshua any time soon. I'd love to see a fight between Joseph Parker and Deontay Wilder at some point to set one of them up for a title shot.

#23999 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

It could be, they mentioned that not all players have been tested yet.

I think they said the players union was doing the tests.

They did say no names will be released, they are keeping everything private.

#24000 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I’m kind of surprised it’s that High.

Five months into this, why are these players STILL testing positive? They are going to nightclubs every night? Pool parties?

I don’t know man I just don’t understand it. I’ve managed not to get rona living in the middle of New York City you’d think these guys in their mansions could pull it off.

There’s no Fn way there’s an NFL season. These guys can’t stay ‘rona free on vacation what’s gonna happen when they try to actually do an nfl season? The discipline simply isn’t there. And that’s before you consider all the other logistics and pitfalls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/480?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.