5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 1,515.
#23901 3 years ago

While I get what your saying, fans will continue to do it anyways. What are they going to do, kick out 25,000 people?

#23902 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

While I get what your saying, fans will continue to do it anyways. What are they going to do, kick out 25,000 people?

When they change the name to something that isn’t Native American...when they stop playing whatever dumb song it is that prompts them to do it....when they stop encouraging it on the big screen...when the team and players explicitly ask their fans to stop doing it...

People will stop doing it. I hate to go all Shawshank here but don’t be obtuse. Big picture bro. Don’t pretend people can’t or won’t change their behavior, they certainly can and they will.

Besides that’s not exactly the matter I was addressing. I was speaking to the “I can’t believe people are offended!!” Crowd.

#23903 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When they change the name to something that isn’t Native American...when they stop playing whatever dumb song it is that prompts them to do it....when they stop encouraging it on the big screen...
People will stop doing it. I hate to go all Shawshank here but don’t be obtuse. Big picture bro.
Besides that’s not exactly the matter I was addressing. I was speaking to the “I can’t believe people are offended!!” Crowd.

I guess it’ll eventually be phased out, but I see fans doing more of it at first.

And I do agree with you on being offended, as a white guy I’m not really in any position to say what does and doesn’t offend a different ethnic group.

#23904 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I guess it’ll eventually be phased out, but I see fans doing more of it at first.
And I do agree with you on being offended, as a white guy I’m not really in any position to say what does and doesn’t offend a different ethnic group.

I think it’s just another (good) argument for changing these names.

It’s not gonna make any sense for 70,000 KC Pitmaster fans or Atlanta Peaches supporters to do a goofy chant imitating a minstrel stereotype of native Americans.

I guess I’m out of the crossfire now, and I can watch all these other teams squirm for a change. Chiefs, braves, Indians...

It’s only a matter of time. Hopefully they aren’t in denial like the Skins and are actually planning for this eventuality, rather than having to deal with it over a course of two weeks. The Skins organization is just bad at everything. I expect organizations like the chiefs and braves will deal with this in a smarter fashion.

#23906 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Code talkers huh?

I read an article that said they were favoring Redtails as the new name, hell it probably be something none of us has heard being kicked around. lol

#23907 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Not really sure how the braves fan celebration chant is offensive. Crazy times.

Quoted from jandrea95:

This is a thing ?

Yeah this debate is so old, I don't know how a sportsfan in NY has never heard of it.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

I guess it’ll eventually be phased out...

Well yeah, that's the point. I don't get the idea that if something doesn't change right away day one that it's stupid or not effective. Dumbasses will do it more right away to be reactionary, and then at some point it will become not cool. At some point fans in Boston wont even like dropping N-bombs at players. I mean...hopefully.

#23908 3 years ago

Huge resigning of the big man on D by the chiefs!!!

28A7770A-DC3E-45B2-8E3D-F892C843A32B (resized).jpeg28A7770A-DC3E-45B2-8E3D-F892C843A32B (resized).jpeg
#23909 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Huge resigning of the big man on D by the chiefs!!!
[quoted image]

Chiefs not playing games this offseason.

#23910 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

And most likely not in the fall *rimshot*

#23911 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

lol well they won’t be playing any games during the actual season so...

Also it’s “re-signing” not “resigning.” I seriously thought they had lost Spagnulo!

#23912 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also it’s “re-signing” not “resigning.” I seriously thought they had lost Spagnulo!

Levi, don’t be ‘that guy’ on the correct way to spell..I smell dynasty or bust..

#23913 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I smell dynasty or bust.

Well here's hoping it's "bust." Could be a long couple of years in Denver if KC keeps it up.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Reup" should take the place of "re-sign." Fewer letters, saves confusion, and avoids the hyphen.

#23914 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

..I smell dynasty or bust..

I would play the odds and say middle of the road; Impossible to predict a long run in the NFL. You had a lot of folks thinking Rodgers wouldn't have fizzled at only 1 SB but here we are.
Reid finally got over the hump but whom to say he's over his troubles forever? Mahomes I guess.

#23915 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I realize that was a softball for you.

#23916 3 years ago

I’m hopeful, but the afc west is dominated by the chiefs. Who’s gonna battle n beat them in the afc, Ravens? Steelers? Bills?! My glass is waaaay full right now..just gotta stay healthy n not beat themselves..hey, there’s something u can relate to Levi..

#23917 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Who’s gonna battle n beat them in the afc, Ravens? Steelers? Bills?!.

Balt should always be tough and with Lamar they should be contenders for a long time. If the Steelers don;t end up with great QB successor they could be out for awHile. Of course it's the NFL, so you never know what the next great team is & they pop up quick.
Obviously no reason not to be pumped as a Chiefs fan.

#23918 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200714-144904~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200714-144904~2 (resized).png
#23920 3 years ago

Deadline for dak and cowboys to reach longterm deal is tomorrow. I havent heard anything to make me believe anything is going to happen.

#23921 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Deadline for dak and cowboys to reach longterm deal is tomorrow. I havent heard anything to make me believe anything is going to happen.

It ain't happening. Franchise tag all the way.

#23922 3 years ago

If you haven’t seen this...

#23923 3 years ago

These players have it figured out. And they have owners by the balls now.

“Security” seems less and less necessary when these players are signing insane one year deals with the franchise tag. Eventually time runs out and they can do what they want.

Kirk cousins showed the way. God bless him for humiliating dan Snyder and Bruce Allen the way he did, and signing back to back massive guaranteed deals; frankly, it’s amazing for such a mediocre talent.

He’s shown the way. I have a feeling the next round of negotiations are gonna be quite contentious. Every team is gonna end up with its own Kirk cousins and it’s gonna start to piss them off.

#23924 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kirk cousins showed the way. God bless him for humiliating dan Snyder and Bruce Allen the way he did, and signing back to back massive guaranteed deals; frankly, it’s amazing for such a mediocre talent

No truer words spoken there, Cousins is mediocre top 12-15 in the league at best.

#23925 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No truer words spoken there, Cousins is mediocre top 12-15 in the league at best.

I’d put him a little higher than that but indeed, mediocre.

#23926 3 years ago

30,000 people expected tonight in Bristol for NASCAR, a litmus test of sorts for the rest of the sports world.

#23927 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d put him a little higher than that but indeed, mediocre.

I can't place him in the top 10 though he just isn't there for me. Hell it doesn't matter so long as the Vikings think he's worth it he's worth it that simple.

#23928 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

30,000 people expected tonight in Bristol for NASCAR, a litmus test of sorts for the rest of the sports world.

What's it a litmus test for? Whether or not people actually show up? Or whether or not it spreads rona? Or just if you can put 30,000 people into a 160,000 seat venue and have a "safe" environment with proper distancing etc?

Be pretty hard to tell I'm sure. I don't think the NASCAR crowd gonna be big into contact tracing.

#23929 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Quoted from RWH:

I can't place him in the top 10 though he just isn't there for me.

The issue is what you think mediocre is. You should really look at a list of the starting QBs last year and figure out whom is better and why.

Lamar, Mahomes, wilson top 3 no issue.
Brees (injury), Watson, rogers, tannehill you're up to 7 already...so whom are you putting above Cousins?
Wentz is arguable but let's lock him in.
You got 2 spots and lets look at what's left.
Brady for his name even though he had a bad season and is ancient? Giving Rothlisburger a pass eventhough he's old and didn't even play? Matt Stafford?! I sure as shit know you're not putting Dak above him. Matt Ryan's career ruined by Shannon.
?

Goff used to be a QB I think too.

#23930 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The issue is what you think mediocre is. You should really look at a list of the starting QBs last year and figure out whom is better and why.
Lamar, Mahomes, wilson top 3 no issue.
Brees (injury), Watson, rogers, tannehill you're up to 7 already...so whom are you putting above Cousins?
Wentz is arguable but let's lock him in.
You got 2 spots and lets look at what's left.
Brady for his name even though he had a bad season and is ancient? Giving Rothlisburger a pass eventhough he's old and didn't even play? Matt Stafford?! I sure as shit know you're not putting Dak above him. Matt Ryan's career ruined by Shannon.
?
Goff used to be a QB I think too.

Pretty solid rundown. I mean - and this comes up whenever we spend 3 pages on Kap - there are so many truly HORRIBLE QBs out there, that a guy like kirk don't look so bad. THat's kinda what the Vikings decided a guess. They are all in on Kurt and they should know - they've seen their fair share of shit QBs over the years. You get a guy who can throw deep, keeps his cool, and knows the playbook, you are ahead of the game.

#23931 3 years ago

Packers announced there will be no fans allowed at training camp, family night, or preseason. That's good news, I was a little worried since Murphy is a block head.

One of the more brutal comments said Rodgers is used to no one at family night.

#23932 3 years ago

Cousins sure gets a lot of unwanted hate. His numbers in Minny have been pretty damn good especially for a team that is primarily focused on running

#23933 3 years ago

One of the more brutal comments said Rodgers is used to no one at family night.

mean....yet funny

#23934 3 years ago

Some rumors floating about a potential embarrassing Washington news bombshell tomorrow unrelated to the name. :popcornemoji:

#23935 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Some rumors floating about a potential embarrassing Washington news bombshell tomorrow unrelated to the name. :popcornemoji:

What are all these reporters doing reporting that "something bad" is going to be announced but not just saying what it is? Seems like the opposite of reporting if there's actually something there. They could always just point out that Dan Snyder still owns the team, that's perpetually embarrassing.

Back to the new team name, evidently Washington Redwolves is getting some buzz now.

Washington Redwolves (resized).jpgWashington Redwolves (resized).jpg
#23936 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What are all these reporters doing reporting that "something bad" is going to be announced but not just saying what it is? Seems like the opposite of reporting if there's actually something there. They could always just point out that Dan Snyder still owns the team, that's perpetually embarrassing.

I guess they could take away the team from him, but he seemed to cover his ass well enough, but it could happen.
Once 40% owners of the team tell the NFL they're gonna jet it woke them up. Then Snyders recockulus retiring of the name whilst mentioning it as many times as possible.
He's a shitty fucking owner of something that you have billionaires lined up around the block to buy into. He's always been an embarrassment and it would probably make everyone happy to kick him to the curb.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Back to the new team name, evidently Washington Redwolves is getting some buzz now.[quoted image]

I heard a little of that...is a red wolf a thing out there?

#23937 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Back to the new team name, evidently Washington Redwolves is getting some buzz now.[quoted image]

I like that they're only giving themselves 3 out of 5 stars.

#23938 3 years ago

I like that they're only giving themselves 3 out of 5 stars.

One star for each win.

#23939 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard a little of that...is a red wolf a thing out there?

Ive never heard of red wolf. Sounds weakestsauce

Id prefer grey wolf, timber wolf, dire wolf, Virginia Woolf.

#23940 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Id prefer grey wolf, timber wolf, dire wolf, Virginia Woolf.

Washington Wolf Blitzers

#23941 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ahhhhh.....

"The red wolf is one of the world's most endangered wolves. Once common throughout the Eastern and South Central United States, red wolf populations were decimated by the early 20th century as a result of intensive predator control programs and the degradation and alteration of the species' habitat."

So another group pushed closer to extinction by the US....seriously whom is the fucking dumbass that comes up with this shit?

"There are fewer than 20 red wolves left in the wild."

#23942 3 years ago

Yeah these bizarre “some crazy shit gonna drop” rumors about tomorrow.

This - of course - is the dream we all dream of; some horrible scandal that forces the league to make Snyder sell the team.

I’m sure it’ll just be another let down; something humiliating and embarrassing that causes me to hang my head in shame - again - but not quite awful enough to rid of us of Snyder. Like that skins cheerleader scandal a few years back.

As far as the name: Redwolves? Pretty cool. I like
It. Throws a bone to the southerners who are still skins fans (red wolves are an endangered NC species). There’s no other dogs / wolves in football (I was horrified at the Red Hawks idea. Enough fuckin angry birds in football).

I was thinking it’s weird cause there’s no wolves in DC. But there’s no redskins or red tails either so who gives a shit.

#23943 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhhhh.....
"The red wolf is one of the world's most endangered wolves. Once common throughout the Eastern and South Central United States, red wolf populations were decimated by the early 20th century as a result of intensive predator control programs and the degradation and alteration of the species' habitat."
So another group pushed closer to extinction by the US....seriously whom is the fucking dumbass that comes up with this shit?
"There are fewer than 20 red wolves left in the wild."

Im not a fan of sticking with "red" only for the purpose of continuity.

Admittedly Redtails is pretty cool with the Airmen but it seems like laying the groundwork for future sexual harassment suits.

Pigskins and they've got a new fan!

#23944 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It will fade away. Less and less people will do it and the ones that do it will get weird stares from the rest of the crowd as the do it, kinda like dropping the N word. I have two Native American friends and both posted to Facebook pretty thrilled about the change, they thought the name and chant was blatantly racist and are glad the change finally happened, even if it took forever. Sometimes progress is frustratingly slow and incremental and it takes people a lot time to change, but nothing stays the same, life keeps moving forward. At least Washington still has a team, our Seattle Sonics got moved to another town and their name changed.

#23945 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Im not a fan of sticking with "red" only for the purpose of continuity.

Yeah its limiting and stupid.

#23946 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah its limiting and stupid.

Now hold on there folks...

It's a big deal. Considering they have to do this in about 2 weeks - instead of 2 years like everybody else - it will really help move things along.

Keep the colors. Keep the slogan HTTR. Keep the song. Goes a long way to keeping large swaths of the fans happy, and it will be a hell of a lot easier with the colors and such.

I'm all for keeping the colors, I love the burgundy and gold. And the R if possible.

#23947 3 years ago

Just finished my first NFBC fantasy baseball draft. 4 more to go before 60 game sprint starts

Usually in Vegas during March and March madness tourney for Baseball drafts.

I’ll be in Vegas for live football drafts in Sept

Zero chance they don’t play.

It’s ALL about the money

As for NBA? Does anyone care? Show some pick up games in the park on ESPN. Lol

The whole thing is a joke

#23948 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now hold on there folks...
I'm all for keeping the colors, I love the burgundy and gold. And the R if possible.

Colors are never going of course, the song needs to die though (unless you can keep the racist song and promise to educate people aboot it's racist-ness like Texas). The R is just a letter.

#23949 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Colors are never going of course, the song needs to die though (unless you can keep the racist song and promise to educate people aboot it's racist-ness like Texas). The R is just a letter.

You mean like the Texas Rangers? Lol

It’s a sad slippery slope.

The Michigan State Spartans is racist

Central Michigan Chippewas. Racist

Saugatuk Indians. Racist

Lansing’s Lewis Cass. Racist

Shall we move to “New York”?

#23950 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Colors are never going of course, the song needs to die though (unless you can keep the racist song and promise to educate people aboot it's racist-ness like Texas). The R is just a letter.

They’ll keep the song, and change the lyrics. Fans love that fucking song!

It’s been changed before. 50 years ago it was “fight for old Dixie” (how’s that for a dog whistle) and the words “scalp ‘em” were in the song too. No reason you can’t change the lyrics again. May need to downplay the goofy tribal drums in the song too but like everything else the whole dusty old package could use a make over.

Hail to the red wolves....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/479?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.