spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 478 of 1,513.
#23851 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Desean Jackson appointed as head of human resources

That's the big news?

#23853 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Desean Jackson appointed as head of human resources

Now that's funny there!

#23854 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eagles got damaged goods and hitler quotes.

And he couldn’t even do hate speech right, they were fake Hitler quotes!

#23855 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And he couldn’t even do hate speech right, they were fake Hitler quotes!

Ah I'm starting to understand Levi's post now. I didn't even know who this guy was, I'll have google him.

#23856 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ah I'm starting to understand Levi's post now. I didn't even know who this guy was, I'll have google him.

Hitler, or DeSean jackson?

#23857 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I didn't even know who this guy was,

Really good football player....really bad person. He is just another example of a guy that was great in sports and the college let him have a college degree with a extremely poor education just so he could play football for their college.

This is something that must stop in this country 100%. You got these athletes getting college degrees and they cant even read or write sometimes. Totally bullshit!

#23858 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I might get a Cowboys version so I don't catch anything.
[quoted image]

You know damn well that was #88 made that catch..should of been 1st & goal Dallas!

#23859 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You know damn well that was #88 made that catch..should of been 1st & goal Dallas!

What catch?

#23860 3 years ago

Dez Bryant's overturned catch like 5 or 6 years ago in the playoffs!

#23861 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

like 5 or 6 years ago in the playoffs!

I started to say damn, holding on to something this long?

But, I will never forget when my team lost 55-10 in the super bowl. (Denver vs SF).

#23862 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dez Bryant's overturned catch like 5 or 6 years ago in the playoffs!

Oh, yeah I remember that. If you described it as "the incompletion" we could have gotten here sooner.

Yeah, it would have been cool if he actually did grab it, we could have seen another awesome Rodgers game winning drive.

#23863 3 years ago

They are hyping up tomorrow as "new Redskins name day" but I don't buy it...I think they announce the retirement of the name but buy some more time to come up with a plan. I'd kinda like to see a one year farewell tour like they did for chief Wahoo but let's face it that's probably not in the cards.

Whatever Snyder does I'm sure he'll find a way to fuck it up at least (hopefully) just a little somehow.

#23864 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are hyping up tomorrow as "new Redskins name day" but I don't buy it...

I am part American Native(Cherokee) and I have no problem with the Redskins name or any team named after a Native American tribe, etc.

BUT, I am so tired of watching the news and this being such a big deal, I am like fine, so people can just stop being offended, just change the name to the Hope, Hopefull, or something like that.

Nothing wrong with the name they have, but because of what the fans have had fun with in the past, I would vote Hogs.

In my opinion the whole Redskin name and logo is a honor though, and should be left alone.

(but I am only 1/8 though, so my opinion is worthless).

#23865 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

In my opinion the whole Redskin name and logo is a honor though, and should be left alone.

Exactly! It isnt demeaning at all. People are stupid. The cancel culture strikes again. I said that the Redskins name shows toughness and pride rather than making fun of Indians and I had some morons that gave me downvotes for saying that. Go figure.

#23866 3 years ago

News reported that Washington is announcing name change this week with no definite date as of yet so you're probably right.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are hyping up tomorrow as "new Redskins name day" but I don't buy it...I think they announce the retirement of the name but buy some more time to come up with a plan.

#23867 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly! It isnt demeaning at all. People are stupid. The cancel culture strikes again. I said that the Redskins name shows toughness and pride rather than making fun of Indians and I had some morons that gave me downvotes for saying that. Go figure.

The team name is an old racial slur and it’s always going to be offensive to some Native Americans for that reason. I may have missed it but unless you’re Native American yourself, why would anyone give a shit that you personally are satisfied it “isn’t demeaning at all”?

#23868 3 years ago

I should have known that you would have been one of the ten people in this world who would be offended by the Redskins name. Get a life!

#23869 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I should have known that you would have been one of the ten people in this world who would be offended by the Redskins name. Get a life!

I'm not a member of a Native American tribe, so my level of offense is completely irrelevant, just like yours. But I can see where it might be offensive to some Native Americans to have a pro team named for a racial slur that has been applied to their people, so when surveys show that a substantial chunk of Native Americans do take offense at it, I am willing to listen.

I also find it comical when an old white guy is outraged that his opinion on which racial slurs are "not demeaning at all" should be the final word on the matter. So thanks for the laughs, they're rare enough in these dark days.

#23870 3 years ago

I am part native American and the name definitely offends me. This needed to be changed years ago!

#23871 3 years ago

Well the NBA reopening is going well.

I don’t see how nfl - or anybody - pulls this off.

Rumor is Holmes went to Chic Fil A.

E9D5EE28-9DB5-4E59-9D2F-27214BE0EE19 (resized).jpegE9D5EE28-9DB5-4E59-9D2F-27214BE0EE19 (resized).jpeg
#23872 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You see the food these people are getting? No way they pull it off

#23873 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well the NBA reopening is going well.
Rumor is Holmes went to Chic Fil A.
[quoted image]

Well, chick fil a is delicious.

#23874 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Considering they will with a positive test have to quarantine the player and all those in close contact as well for 14 days, how can they get around just this 1 issue alone?

#23875 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not a member of a Native American tribe, so my level of offense is completely irrelevant, just like yours. But I can see where it might be offensive to some Native Americans to have a pro team named for a racial slur that has been applied to their people, so when surveys show that a substantial chunk of Native Americans do take offense at it, I am willing to listen.
I also find it comical when an old white guy is outraged that his opinion on which racial slurs are "not demeaning at all" should be the final word on the matter. So thanks for the laughs, they're rare enough in these dark days.

Lol I am hardly outraged. I am actually so NOT outraged that I could care less if the NFL died all together. There is so much more to life than sports trust me. When I stopped watching football I didnt miss it and I get alot more done around the house also. I love sports but not sports with politics. So glad that I discovered the NHL. There is no pussies in that sport at all.

#23876 3 years ago

Last NFL team to rename without moving, call it without googlage

#23877 3 years ago

Tennessee Oilers to Titans

#23878 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Tennessee Oilers to Titans

Excellent! Same question MLB and NBA.

Im pretty sure I know the answer to NBA. MLB iffy

#23879 3 years ago

So what teams are next for a name change? Cowboys, Chiefs, Buccaneers, raiders, patriots? What about the Saints? Wouldn't that be offensive to all Atheists?

#23880 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Excellent! Same question MLB and NBA.
Im pretty sure I know the answer to NBA. MLB iffy

NBA is Washington right?

Tampa Bay for MLB

#23881 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

NBA is Washington right?
Tampa Bay for MLB

I have different guesses for both but I will hold back my picks in the event of others taking a stab.

* btw I left NHL out only because I know nothing, but have at it if you have a moment to pry yourself away from all of this NFL action!

#23882 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

NBA is Washington right?
Tampa Bay for MLB

I think it is Charlotte. I think they changed after the Bullets did.

For MLB, it may be up to interpretation. TB changed from Devil Rays to Rays, Marlins changed from Florida to Miami.

#23883 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think it is Charlotte. I think they changed after the Bullets did.
For MLB, it may be up to interpretation. TB changed from Devil Rays to Rays, Marlins changed from Florida to Miami.

yeah I also was thinking Bobcats to Hornets 2.0

Now for MLB I was also on the Marlins but yeah thats super poorly defined and the more I think about it the more I really just care about the mascot/logo/symbol portion (not sure what we call that), provided the team doesnt relocate to another market between seasons.

So I disagree with myself and agree with Chuckwurt!

#23886 3 years ago

Name
Change getting mixed reviews from some of the alumni. Most the hogs are pretty annoyed.

The greatest Redskin:

"I applaud [franchise owner] Dan Snyder for what he's doing trying to move us all forward," said former cornerback Darrell Green, who played for Washington from 1983 through 2002. "That's what I'm grateful for. I don't want anything but what's right and true and honest and full of integrity. I believe the majority of fans would agree with me.

"We acknowledge the pain in the Nation toward a people. Now we're saying, 'Let's fix that.' It's not a screaming and hollering moment. It's a come together and put common sense to bear and say, 'Let’s do what's right.' You can have the [Redskins] jerseys, the helmets. Give me the new helmet. Give me the new jersey and I'll put that on the wall. We've just got to start saying and seeing that human beings really do mean more than computers and money and trophies and jerseys and stuff.

#23887 3 years ago

Navajo Nation is advocating for the “Washington Code Talkers.” Any thoughts Levi? I’m not sure a two-word name is a winner in pro-sports, and “Talkers” doesn’t seem like a great nickname for a team.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/navajo-nation-releases-statement-washington-redskins-retire-team-name-logo

(Trigger warning for Who-Dey, this story suggests that the Navajo Nation wasn’t so keen on the old team name).

#23888 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

(Trigger warning for whodey,

Not triggered at all, I just think this cancel culture that you are so proud of is stupid. Now people are wanting the Texas Rangers name changed because the Texas Rangers were supposedly racist. So dumb

#23889 3 years ago

Not really sure how the braves fan celebration chant is offensive. Crazy times.

Edited: had KC Chiefs instead of Braves.

#23890 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Not really sure how the KC Chiefs fan celebration chant is offensive. Crazy times.

This is a thing ?

#23891 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is a thing ?

Yeah on the today show they said the braves , blackhawks and chiefs would not be changing their name as of now and that the braves were looking into the chant as being offensive by the critics.

#23892 3 years ago

The whole "tomahawk chop" issue has been coming up for years. Not really sure how they think they're going to stop it. Fans will do what they want.

#23893 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The whole "tomahawk chop" issue has been coming up for years. Not really sure how they think they're going to stop it. Fans will do what they want.

They will do it more now.

#23894 3 years ago

I just hope that my avatar isnt offensive To the Tiger King or Carol Baskins because i dont really feel like changing it right now.

#23895 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will do it more now.

I’ll admit that when they show it on tv, when the arrowhead crowd is into it, I do it to piss off my old lady..

#23896 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’ll admit that when they show it on tv, when the arrowhead crowd is into it, I do it to piss off my old lady..

Lol i love the Tomahawk Chop, its awesome! Being drunk makes it even that much funner too!

#23897 3 years ago

I do the chop out loud to myself - I love it and I bet KC last year pretty heavy so was doing that chop right through the Superbowl with great enthusiasm

#23898 3 years ago

My buddy was at 2 Chief's playoff games last year (his daughter lives there and he ran into Mahomes in an elevator - almost passed out he said lol) - he kept videoing the crowd doing the chop and chant after the scores and was sending these to us - was incredible!

#23899 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Navajo Nation is advocating for the “Washington Code Talkers.” Any thoughts Levi? I’m not sure a two-word name is a winner in pro-sports, and “Talkers” doesn’t seem like a great nickname for a team.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/navajo-nation-releases-statement-washington-redskins-retire-team-name-logo
(Trigger warning for whodey, this story suggests that the Navajo Nation wasn’t so keen on the old team name).

Code talkers huh?

I don’t love it.

Anything related to native Americans not gonna happen I would guess. Time to move on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 478 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/478 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.