carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 1,515.
#23701 3 years ago

I hope the NFL takes a big dump this year, along with MLB and the NBA.

They don’t care about anything except the $$$ despite what they say.

CK makes more money from race baiting than he could have from football. He sucked. That’s why nobody will pick him up!

I’m getting tired of “athlete privilege”

They need to play for 10% of their salaries and donate the rest to the cause

The leagues need to be torn down!!!

#23702 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How could you possibly want to name the team after the losingest squad in pro sports history?
I can’t imagine that one is under serious consideration!

Generals won’t work either. Too many people would include “confederate Generals” In that idea

#23703 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He sucked. That’s why nobody will pick him up!

He’s worse than every 2nd and 3rd string QB in the league? Doubtful.

#23704 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The issue is he wants starter pay. He sucks for starter pay. If he was willing to play for 2nd string money he would already have a contract.

#23705 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The issue is he wants starter pay. He sucks for starter pay. If he was willing to play for 2nd string money he would already have a contract.

Fair point, but I’m not going to pretend to know what he wants as far as pay. I haven’t read anything that says he wants starter pay. He hasn’t played in like 5 years. Not much more unreasonable than that, if he indeed wants starter pay.

#23706 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair point, but I’m not going to pretend to know what he wants as far as pay. I haven’t read anything that says he wants starter pay. He hasn’t played in like 5 years. Not much more unreasonable than that, if he indeed wants starter pay.

I dont know the details either, but the Broncos did offer a contract which he turned down, and he (supposedly) wanted 20 million to play in the international league, which is insane.

I just believe if he were willing to play for market value, he would be in the league. The NFL doesnt have a history of shutting out players because of drama, if they have the talent to back it up. I mean, plenty of murderers, wife beaters, child abusers, etc to show talent brings the fans, and money.

#23707 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I dont know the details either, but the Broncos did offer a contract which he turned down, and he (supposedly) wanted 20 million to play in the international league, which is insane.

Yeah if he wants that kind of money, that’s gonna be impossible.

#23708 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I just believe if he were willing to play for market value, he would be in the league. The NFL doesnt have a history of shutting out players because of drama, if they have the talent to back it up. I mean, plenty of murderers, wife beaters, child abusers, etc to show talent brings the fans, and money.

You can’t compare kap to any of those kinds of players and you know it; if he’d just smacked around a girlfriend in college, or got a dui or whatever, of course he have been playing pro football for most of the past 5 years. The kind of “drama” You are talking about traditionally hasnt upset the nfl (not its fan base) very much.

This was something completely different; no less than the PRESIDENT of the United States seized upon this case and took a very public, very loud stance on it and the league took note. It was turned into something way bigger than the nfl itself and no team - nor the league - wanted to be associated with that kind of turmoil.

I had not heard about any insane contract demands, seemed to me like for the past 5 years, no team was remotely interested in calling him in for a workout, seeing what he had left, or discussion contract terms with him in any regard.

I really think it’s apples and oranges, and it’s obvious he was blackballed by the league. Didn’t they end up paying him millions of dollars because of this - a tacit admission that this is exactly what happened? When you look at some of the jokers who have been employed as professional QBs over the past 5 years in the nfl I don’t see how you can come to any other conclusion.

#23709 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm starting a gofundme page to get Jay-Z to come to this thread, so Who-Dey finally quits it....whom's in ?

Now I'm staying just to piss you off!

#23710 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He f*cking sucks dude. After being out of football this long I would say iceman is correct. No way he can play in this league anymore. He was horrible even when he left.

#23711 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t compare kap to any of those kinds of players and you know it; if he’d just smacked around a girlfriend in college, or got a dui or whatever, of course he have been playing pro football for most of the past 5 years. The kind of “drama” You are talking about traditionally doesn’t upset the nfl (not its fan base) very much.
This was something completely different; no less than the PRESIDENT of
The United States seized upon this case to fuel a culture war and the league took note. It was turned into something way bigger than the nfl itself and no team - nor the league - wanted to be associated with that kind of turmoil.
I had not heard about any insane contract demands, seemed to me like for the past 5 years, no team was remotely interested in calling him in for a workout, seeing what he had left, or discussion contract terms with him in any regard.
I really think it’s apples and oranges, and it’s obvious he was blackballed by the league. Didn’t they end up paying him millions of dollars because of this - a tacit admission that this is exactly what happened? When you look at some of the jokers who have been employed as professional QBs over the past 5 years in the nfl I don’t see how you can come to any other conclusion.

The point was the NFL has put up with a LOT worse with players who actually had talent. The point wasn’t to compare him to a murderer as a like for like.

You are making it way deeper than it needs to be. He’s a Tebow caliber player who thinks he’s worth Brady money.

#23712 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

He f*cking sucks dude. After being out of football this long I would say iceman is correct. No way he can play in this league anymore. He was horrible even when he left.

First off we all saw steelers 2nd & 3rd qbs last year; anyone that's doesnt think Kap could do better than that is lying to themself.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Source? Only won I've found says diff'rent

According to reports at the time, the Broncos were offering Kaepernick a deal with $7 million in base salary. That year he was slated to earn $11.9 million in base salary from the 49ers.

#23713 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First off we all saw steelers 2nd & 3rd qbs last year; anyone that's doesnt think Kap could do better than that is lying to themself.

Source? Only won I've found says diff'rent
According to reports at the time, the Broncos were offering Kaepernick a deal with $7 million in base salary. That year he was slated to earn $11.9 million in base salary from the 49ers.

He wasn’t slated to earn shit from the 49ers, they were going to cut him. In this case you are my source, he turned down a 7 mil base, more than fair for a backup caliber qb.

#23714 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The point was the NFL has put up with a LOT worse with players who actually had talent. The point wasn’t to compare him to a murderer as a like for like.
You are making it way deeper than it needs to be. He’s a Tebow caliber player who thinks he’s worth Brady money.

Wrong, wrong,and wrong. You're on fire ..tell us without Google what Tebow's stats are, Brady's salary and what CK demands for a salary.
C'mon man.. you're sounding like a Karen

#23715 3 years ago

Kap is at best a backup, he's not a starting QB talent and that's just the stark truth. He could get on as a backup but that would mean he'd have to take a pay cut from what he's making now.

#23716 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

. In this case you are my source, he turned down a 7 mil base, more than fair for a backup caliber qb.

Yea he turned down 7...where are you getting your 20 number and entire tim brady narrative from?

#23717 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yea he turned down 7...where are you getting your 20 number and entire tim brady narrative from?

He’s just making it up.

That’s how we roll in 2020, remember?

The fact is kap - who took a team to a super bowl as an MVP candidate - can’t get a call back yet nfl teams have guys like Josh McCown on perpetual speed dial.

It’s mind boggling to me that this is even a discussion. We all know what happened with kap. Stop frontin’!!

I mean come on gang. It’s the nfl thread. We can’t keep it real here? Don’t we all have enough bullshit in our lives?

#23718 3 years ago
A5800DD9-C7A6-41D1-8693-C8682BA00DF3 (resized).jpegA5800DD9-C7A6-41D1-8693-C8682BA00DF3 (resized).jpeg
#23719 3 years ago

Follow up question...what's the "International " football leage?

#23720 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Follow up question...what's the "International " football leage?

I believe he means the AAF. Kap obviously had no intentions of playing in that league, he was just seeing if any team was stupid enough to pay that kind of money.

#23721 3 years ago

I think the IFL never got off the ground and is now defunct like the International Football Federation in 2000, both never really got operational.

#23722 3 years ago

Ah you mean the xfl that players made 55k a year. Gotcha

Oh sorry the AAFC that folded after 3 games and couldn't pay anyone

#23723 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s just making it up.

I expected a bit more from him.

#23724 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He wasn’t slated to earn shit from the 49ers, they were going to cut him. In this case you are my source, he turned down a 7 mil base, more than fair for a backup caliber qb.

Not true....Niners had him under contract for something like $15M and he had a player option and turned it down. He hasn't played in the NFL since he opted out of his contract. Listen I watched this guy for several years, and he was a decent QB, but no where near elite level. That being said he's definitely better than most back ups, but my guess is the owners didn't want to deal with the distractions

#23725 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Multiple sources claim he wanted 20 million to play for the AAF, I cant even tell you what that is, nor can I validate anything, as its all speculation rather than public knowledge. We do know he turned down 7 mil base, which is more than fair! Add in performance bonuses, and he could make some serious money, and additionally put himself in position to make way more via extension, assuming he played well. Hell Cam Newton just signed for 1 million base, and I believe hes way less of a gamble than Kap.

This said, im just a random dude. Im voicing an opinion, and it doesnt make it any more valid than your opinion. The only thing ill consistently stay with is believing he would be in the league, if he was requesting a reasonable salary. Was he blackballed? Who knows, none of us are NFL owners.

#23726 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not true....Niners had him under contract for something like $15M and he had a player option and turned it down. He hasn't played in the NFL since he opted out of his contract. Listen I watched this guy for several years, and he was a decent QB, but no where near elite level. That being said he's definitely better than most back ups, but my guess is the owners didn't want to deal with the distractions

I dont have an understanding of option contracts. Serious question, if the niners cut him, does he earn anything? Same situation with Andy Dalton, he was going to make 15 million IF the Bengals took the option, they didnt, and now hes a backup on the cowboys for less than half the money.

So I am legitimately ignorant on the way options work in contracts, among many things

#23727 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all know what happened with kap.

Yeah he was a racist POS and nobody wanted to be associated with him just like they dont want to be now.

#23728 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.Niners had him under contract for something like $15M

Yes he was slated to earn 14.9 mil but agreed to restructure his contract so that the option to opt out would come into play and void the rest of the contract.

#23729 3 years ago

He opted out becaus the 49ers were goi gtobcut him anyway. He was offered a 5millionn pay cut trade with the Broncos as their starter and he refused the trade

#23730 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He opted out becaus the 49ers were goi gtobcut him anyway. He was offered a 5millionn pay cut trade with the Broncos as their starter and he refused the trade

Dont take my ramblings the wrong way. Id love to see him sign for the Steelers @ 5 years 150 mil.

#23731 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I dont have an understanding of option contracts. Serious question, if the niners cut him, does he earn anything? Same situation with Andy Dalton, he was going to make 15 million IF the Bengals took the option, they didnt, and now hes a backup on the cowboys for less than half the money.
So I am legitimately ignorant on the way options work in contracts, among many things

The Niners never cut him....he had a player option the last year, and he opted out thus didn't make a penny....my guess he got greedy and everyone called his bluff....like I said he was a decent QB, but was never going to be in the elite category.

#23732 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Kap opted out which voids the remainder of his contract.

Dalton was released outright by the Bengals and was due 17.6 mil..

#23733 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...my guess he got greedy and everyone called his bluff....l

49ers were going to cut him according to GM

Quoted from jandrea95:

Dont take my ramblings the wrong way. Id love to see him sign for the Steelers @ 5 years 150 mil.

You lost both times to the Steelers last year with the worst 2 qbs ever .

#23734 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

49ers were going to cut him

But we won the #1 pick in the draft. If you're going to lose may as well be the best at it. No need to half ass it.

#23735 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

49ers were going to cut him according to GM

It was my understanding the money was guaranteed so I doubt they would have cut him.....they probably told him he wasn't good enough to be a starter and they wanted to move on....he got his feelings hurt and quit....

#23736 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It was my understanding...

"John lynch said the 49ers would have cut Colin Kaepernick if he hadn’t opted out of his remaining contract with the 49ers. G.M. John Lynch said so, emphatically, on PFT Live. "

#23737 3 years ago

Law is correct it was made clear to Kap by 49ers org. he was going to be cut regardless.

#23738 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I would too. TheLaw would probably buy his Jersey I bet

#23739 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would too. TheLaw would probably buy his Jersey I bet

I'm usually not a QB guy with Jerseys, but I'd probably personalize that one. Put Black Lives Matter on the back and rock it around town.
Now I'd love for them to pick him up. Kap beating tiny hands 2 times a year would be too funny

#23740 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm usually not a QB guy with Jerseys, but I'd probably personalize that one. Put Black Lives Matter on the back and rock it around town.
Now I'd love for them to pick him up. Kap beating tiny hands 2 times a year would be too funny

Yeah you would look really cool wearing that around town I'd say. He couldn't beat Burrow either. Kapperdick has nothing left in the tank at all

#23741 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"John lynch said the 49ers would have cut Colin Kaepernick if he hadn’t opted out of his remaining contract with the 49ers. G.M. John Lynch said so, emphatically, on PFT Live. "

Thats exactly what they wanted him to do so they wouldn't be on the hook for the $....he opted out because his ego was hurt....they realized he wasn't a starter and he disagreed.

#23742 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats exactly what they wanted him to do so they wouldn't be on the hook for the ...

Hmm...i dont think his 2017 was guaranteed monies?
Or is that what the player option part is?
I think he just got out to sign a fat contract...so he thought

#23743 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In this environment? Where’s the contract?

He sucks

Coaches and teams want to win games

Bottom line

#23744 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s just making it up.
That’s how we roll in 2020, remember?
The fact is kap - who took a team to a super bowl as an MVP candidate - can’t get a call back yet nfl teams have guys like Josh McCown on perpetual speed dial.
It’s mind boggling to me that this is even a discussion. We all know what happened with kap. Stop frontin’!!
I mean come on gang. It’s the nfl thread. We can’t keep it real here? Don’t we all have enough bullshit in our lives?

He can’t play today anymore than Michael Jordan can

I come from the sports world and this guy can’t play anymore obviously and then he’s a cancer on the team

Where is the contract? The NFL is meritocracy

Period

#23745 3 years ago

And which oppressors would be paying his salary?

He’s a no talent hypocrite

#23746 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He can’t play today anymore than Michael Jordan can
I come from the sports world and this guy can’t play anymore obviously and then he’s a cancer on the team
Where is the contract? The NFL is meritocracy
Period

Josh mccown dude. And many others like him.

#23747 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Josh mccown dude. And many others like him.

And they are much better dude.

You don't get it. IF this guy had an ounce of talent he'd be in the league and that team would be taking a victory lap.

Are you a coach or a GM? LOL. There are white QB's and there are black QB's and teams will take players that help them win games. Period.

CK is a joke and a cancer. Where is the NFL right now giving this joke a job? They won't because he SUCKS

Cam Newton gets it. He has to prove himself again and then he gets paid. AGAIN.

The NFL or any other sports league ain't about Socialism. It's ALL about the $$$$ and winning.

And unlike Cam Newton, he won't play for "slave wages" as they say because he makes more with Nike.

#23748 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm...i dont think his 2017 was guaranteed monies?
Or is that what the player option part is?
I think he just got out to sign a fat contract...so he thought

Yes it was, which is why it was a player option.....if it was a team option they would have cut him right away....they were waiting for him to quit....it was actually stupid on his part

#23749 3 years ago

The Niners didn't want Kap because he wasn't good enough. If he was the QB of the future they never would have let him go. The NFL is all about the W. If he had the talent they would have put up with his shit....the reality is he wasn't good enough to justify the distraction. Owners have one agenda...TO WIN....his agenda didn't have anything to do with winning on the field .

#23750 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...it was actually stupid on his part

It ended up being stupid because of the collusion.
I agree if he was a top tier guy they would have put up with it. Without the protest he would have been signed easily though. If you look at the starting qbs in 2017 it's a rough bunch. Would he be in the top 15? No, but in the middle I think...at least he could do some rushing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/475 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.