iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 1,506.
#23601 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its the swing shift life man!

Is that why you're such a dick?

#23602 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is that why you're such a dick?

I don;t think so...I work 12-8. Hmmm, I used to work 3-11 and loved it, but of course I was young and it was cool back then for sure.

#23603 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t think so...I work 12-8. Hmmm, I used to work 3-11 and loved it, but of course I was young and it was cool back then for sure.

I used to love that shift also but I hate it now days. I hate them all now days honestly.

#23604 3 years ago

I wanna see some football damnit

whiner (resized).jpgwhiner (resized).jpg

#23605 3 years ago

My already low level of thinking football will be back quickly is getting even lower.
First off if you go to the bar or discotheque after a game; you're getting it as seen with Djockovitch and women's soccer. College football teams have it, and even goddamn golfers/caddy's whom dont have to even be near other people.

Lookin sketchy and I need some pigskin action. I can just about cancel my fantasy league this year.

#23606 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lookin sketchy and I need some pigskin action. I can just about cancel my fantasy league this year.

Not looking good but I can't bring myself to throw in the towel until at least August.

#23607 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not looking good but I can't bring myself to throw in the towel until at least August.

Football in the spring anyone? Seriously.

#23608 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Football in the spring anyone? Seriously.

XFL! XFL!!

Man I told you guys this was never going to happen and you said I was being a wet blanket.

I take no joy in this, it’s awful. But it was pretty clear months ago this was never gonna fly.

#23609 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Football in the spring anyone? Seriously

At this point I'll take it, hell I'd watch XFL if they were playing or even high school ball given the chance.

#23610 3 years ago

Fall/winter in WI without football sounds like the most depressing thing ever.

#23611 3 years ago

I have a hard time believing that we will have football with packed stadiums like they say. I don't think we will see football at all honestly.

#23612 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200628-124105~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200628-124105~2 (resized).png
#23613 3 years ago

Pats just signed Cam Newton to a one year deal.

#23614 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Pats just signed Cam Newton to a one year deal.

He looks better in a scarf than any man i know.

BA2E3E49-E820-4A77-97EA-8F94ADB71100 (resized).jpegBA2E3E49-E820-4A77-97EA-8F94ADB71100 (resized).jpeg
#23615 3 years ago

Stidham and Cam competing for starter or has Cam been brought in to start? I'm going to go look for some info.

#23617 3 years ago

Looks like Cam will be competing for the starting job with Stidham and Hoyer. Could be interesting provided they get a chance to compete.

#23618 3 years ago

Usual smart move for Pats.

#23619 3 years ago

Come on vaccine, come on vaccine, come on vaccine

#23620 3 years ago

Cam Newton's first post game press conference outfit after throwing 5 INTs:

Screenshot_20200628-221342~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200628-221342~2 (resized).png
#23621 3 years ago

I like when players I don't like go to teams I don't like. Keeps things simple.

#23623 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

He is nowhere and everywhere.

Glad to see you back. Pats finally paid up, figgin' NFL drag every damn thing they touch out to long! You ready if we have some football?

#23624 3 years ago

Patriots are so damn smart. If you're going to sign Cam Newton, do it in a year where you won't be playing any football. Brilliant.

#23626 3 years ago

Well if this is true I will not be watching football anymore. Roger Goodell is a f*cking clown to have let Jay Z be a part of the NFL and to allow political and racial protests in our football.

It really sucks because I was looking forward to watching Joe Burrow play and to follow his career but looks like I will not be doing that. The NFL has been ruined and I have a feeling that this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Its going to be funny when the stadiums are empty because they are getting ready to lose a shitload of fans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-lift-evry-voice-and-sing-before-star-spangled-banner-at-week-1/

#23627 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

...this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Its going to be funny when the stadiums are empty because they are getting ready to lose a shitloaf of fans...

Bwahahahahahahahaa

#23628 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The NFL has been ruined and I have a feeling that this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Its going to be funny when the stadiums are empty because they are getting ready to lose a shitload of fans.

You’ve dumped the NFL like five times before, but you keep coming back. Careful or some day they’re going to stop taking you seriously.

#23629 3 years ago

Respect to buges! Thanks for posting.

Fed ex - of Fed Ex Field fame (and ceo rumored to hold 10 percent stake in redskins) are telling the redskins to not be called the redskins any more.

I really thought this day would never come, at a time it was completely unfathomable. But it seems inevitable. I hope Snyder accepts this gracefully, we skins fans have suffered enough.

#23630 3 years ago

I love the NFL. I'm not sure if there is anything that could make me stop watching it other than blindness.

#23631 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fed ex - of Fed Ex Field fame (and ceo rumored to hold 10 percent stake in redskins) are telling the redskins to not be called the redskins any more.

That ought to do it then. Snyder being Snyder I assume he’ll pick the worst of the possible alternate names and uniforms. As much as I’d love to see you rooting for the Intersex Bass this season — for the non east coasters this is a Potomac reference, not a transphobic reference — I’ll wish you the best with it. The NFC East is enough of a joke as it is.

#23632 3 years ago

Nike has removed all Washington team merchandise from their on-line store.

#23633 3 years ago

Snyder says he isn’t changing their name, I don’t see how they stay the Redskins

https://apple.news/AHKDeQ1GLQ5KhJho0AAlu9w

#23634 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Snyder says he isn’t changing their name, I don’t see how they stay the Redskins
https://apple.news/AHKDeQ1GLQ5KhJho0AAlu9w

I would tell them to go to hell if i was Snyder!

#23635 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would tell them to go to hell if i was Snyder!

I usually don’t agree with all the PC police but Redskins is a pretty damn racist name. I mean you are named after the color of a people’s skin.

#23636 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I usually don’t agree with all the PC police but Redskins is a pretty damn racist name. I mean you are named after the color of a people’s skin.

To me its a symbol of toughness. I see no reason Why any Native American would be offended by it.

#23637 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

To me its a symbol of toughness. I see no reason Why any Native American would be offended by it.

https://www.changethemascot.org/supporters-of-change/

There's a list of folks offended by it. Feel free to write them or call them and ask why they are offended, while you are not. Have a conversation and see it from some one else's perspective.

They've also stated why they don't find it to be a symbol of toughness.

"Redsk*n isn't a benign classification of a person's skin tone. Not only has it been flung at our people in hatred, it also refers to the literal "red skin" bounty hunters would collect in order to be paid for the number of Natives they slaughtered. These men would murder Native people then rip the skin from their bodies in order to receive payment. It isn't a term that honors the "strength, courage, pride, and respect" so many argue it does. It is a term born of the violence Native Americans have been experiencing for hundreds of years.

#23638 3 years ago

I think this is a solid idea for the new name. The one logo is really bad though. The one with the plane looks good.

0AC58E67-4C37-4FF7-A9E1-0DF29691338E (resized).jpeg0AC58E67-4C37-4FF7-A9E1-0DF29691338E (resized).jpeg31B841A8-3200-4278-85C4-FA6B797A2080 (resized).jpeg31B841A8-3200-4278-85C4-FA6B797A2080 (resized).jpegBC643DF3-D71E-470F-86FB-0028E4CDAAB5 (resized).jpegBC643DF3-D71E-470F-86FB-0028E4CDAAB5 (resized).jpeg
#23640 3 years ago

Just call them the Skins. Thats what people call them anyway.
Redtails would invite mockery no matter how much "Education" the Public receives.

#23641 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The last Poll I read showed an overwhelming majority of Native Americans are not offended by it. Just a few loudmouths stirring up trouble as usual.

#23642 3 years ago

The team just announced they are “reviewing” the name.

"In light of recent events around our country and feedback from our community, the Washington Redskins are announcing the team will undergo a thorough review of the team's name," the team said in a statement. "This review formalizes the initial discussions the team has been having with the league in recent weeks."

#23643 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Nike has removed all Washington team merchandise from their on-line store.

Screw Nike. They have lost billions in the last quarter, let them lose more.

#23644 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think this is a solid idea for the new name. The one logo is really bad though. The one with the plane looks good. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it, but it feels weird to exploit one group, and then honor another. It would be better if they could find a suitable name to honor NAs to right the wrong.

#23645 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200703-114628_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200703-114628_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23646 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like it, but it feels weird to exploit one group, and then honor another. It would be better if they could find a suitable name to honor NAs to right the wrong.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing when I read about the redhawks idea.

#23647 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The last Poll I read showed an overwhelming majority of Native Americans are not offended by it. Just a few loudmouths stirring up trouble as usual.

A good solution would be to poll their leaders and if they are not offended, keep the name, if so, let them choose the name.

#23648 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A good solution would be to poll their leaders and if they are not offended, keep the name, if so, let them choose the name.

I think the best solution would be to stop catering to the pussy’s who are offended by everything in this country and tell them to just stfu and get over it. People find reasons to be offended all of the time just because they want to change something or to cause trouble. These are very small groups of people that we need to quit catering to.

#23649 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the best solution would be to stop catering to the pussy’s who are offended by everything in this country and tell them to just stfu and get over it.

Says the guy that’s quit watching football 15 times because someone might take a knee.

#23650 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the best solution would be to stop catering to the pussy’s who are offended by everything in this country and tell them to just stfu and get over it. People find reasons to be offended all of the time just because they want to change something or to cause trouble. These are very small groups of people that we need to quit catering to.

Yeah, thin skin is endemic in America these days. Like there was a guy in this thread a while back who was mortally offended that Jay-Z got to sit in the owners box and was going to quit watching the NFL since they were no longer catering to his views. There’s no pleasing some people, am I right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 75,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 1,506.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/473?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.