spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 1,513.
#23551 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well MLB is going to have a 60 game season. I'm just happy to get some sports back on tv. Hopefully this will go well for MLB and provide the NFL with a model and hopes of a return. I know MLB is played with a lot less intimate contact on a play by play basis but it will provide them with good expectations as to what a season may look like.

Thanks Karen ...

#23552 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Thanks Karen ...

No problem Nancy, I'm glad you started reading her blog, she might teach you about sports then you'll be able to come back here and have areal conversation.

#23553 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dak Prescott is an idiot! Cant believe he turned down a 5 year 175 million dollar contract. He will most likely lose a lot of money by doing that. Now he is signing a one year tender for 31 million. Just take the deal you dipshit! You're not even anywhere near worth 5 years 175 million dollars. What a moron.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-franchise-tender-sign-contract-dispute

Idiot,dipshit,moron. 31.4 guarenteed.
31.4 million dollars guarenteed in a league where there might not even have fans in the stadium or a full season played. Next year prob signs a 200million dollar deal. With 3/4 of that guarenteed. What an idiot dipshit, and moron. i mean, we can talk about how 8-8 don't cut it.. but do people who side with the billionaire owner's even watch sports?

#23554 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Idiot,dipshit,moron. 31.4 guarenteed.
31.4 million dollars guarenteed in a league where there might not even have fans in the stadium or a full season played. Next year prob signs a 200million dollar deal. With 3/4 of that guarenteed. What an idiot dipshit, and moron. i mean, we can talk about how 8-8 don't cut it.. but do people who side with the billionaire owner's even watch sports?

What if he has a career ending injury this year or one that hurts his value?

#23555 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What if he has a career ending injury this year or one that hurts his value?

Hey man, he's betting on himself. Would you or I do it? Of course not. But we aren't NFL QBs either with a fat ass ego which you usually need to be good at the job.
The other way of looking at it is how long would it take you to burn through 30+ Mill? Seems like enough cash to me...if you're dumb enough to rip through 30m, 3 times as much probably wont do much more for you

EDIT: Can they get a QB better than Dak by next year end? If not it's Kirk Cousins all over again and they'll just have to give him a fat contract anyway.
Now true....the salary cap thing is a little sketchy right now .

#23556 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The other way of looking at it is how long would it take you to burn through 30+ Mill?

To be honest Law I really can't imagine making 30 mil a year, hell 5 mil, you're right though I'd take the money.

#23557 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

To be honest Law I really can't imagine making 30 mil a year, hell 5 mil,...

Fuck none of us can. How much is Who-dey or I gonna make when we retire early? like 100000 times less.

Don;t worry aboot Dak guys....
"Taken together, Prescott’s endorsement deals and insurance policies are worth more than $50 million, ESPN reported, citing league sources familiar with the matter. "

So that's 80+Mill no matter what happens!

#23558 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So that's 80+Mill no matter what happens!

80 mil imagine the personal arcade you could build with that wow!

#23559 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

80 mil imagine the personal arcade you could build with that wow!

I’m not asking you guys to feel sorry for him but after taxes and management fees what’s left? A paltry $25 mill?

#23560 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A paltry $25 mill?

I'll take it! I'll take 1/4 of that and live happily ever after.

#23561 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong, if Dak believes in himself enough to think he can get more, go for it, get every dime you can! It's just hard to fathom turning down those numbers.

#23562 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'll take it! I'll take 1/4 of that and live happily ever after.

1/10th of that I would be set.

#23563 3 years ago

I dunno if he even stays next year.. second year o.c. and new head coach..guess we wait and see. He did have his best year statistically and they sucked.. and he hasn't won a playoff game yet.. but that don't stop some fans from planning they parade route, right Who-dey!

#23564 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I dunno if he even stays next year.. second year o.c. and new head coach..guess we wait and see. He did have his best year statistically and they sucked.. and he hasn't won a playoff game yet.. but that don't stop some fans from planning they parade route, right Who-dey!

Whatever you say Dee-Bow. All I know is he isnt that great of a QB and I would tell him to take a F*cking hike and I would start Andy Dalton and save all that money and invest it into more players.

With Dalton you get a good QB that has lots of NFL experience. You also get a QB that has a great attitude and a guy that will create a much better environment inside the locker room. Its seriously a no brainer to go with Dalton and let Dak go.

#23565 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With Dalton you get a good QB that has lots of NFL experience. You also get a QB that has a great attitude and a guy that will create a much better environment inside the locker room. Its seriously a no brainer to go with Dalton and let Dak go.

I don’t follow too closely as I don’t give a shit about Dallas other than hoping they lose all 16 games every year (same goes for Philly and DC). But is Dak really supposed to have a bad attitude and be locker room poison? Troy Aikman seems to think Dak is beloved by the other Cowboys.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/troy-aikman-reveals-sean-lee-locker-room-view-dallas-cowboys-leadership-qb-dak-prescott

#23566 3 years ago

Dalton is a stud too! So are a defensive ends and linebackers tho! Tough gig to be a starting qb in the NFL. Not all black guys are hated thugs who-dey. Have you been talking to Karen? Dak can get any sponsorship or endorsement deal he wants...I'm sure he gets more in endorsements just in the state of Texas than the cowboy's pay him

#23567 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don’t follow too closely as I don’t give a shit about Dallas other than hoping they lose all 16 games every year (same goes for Philly and DC). But is Dak really supposed to have a bad attitude and be locker room poison? Troy Aikman seems to think Dak is beloved by the other Cowboys.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/troy-aikman-reveals-sean-lee-locker-room-view-dallas-cowboys-leadership-qb-dak-prescott

I hate the giants! So there! Damn u eli!

#23568 3 years ago

Ok so on the real, I don’t see how the Redskins survive 2020.

It’s been a very long path to acceptance for me - we are talking a 30 year journey. I remember seeing a very small contingent of Native American protesters outside of RFK stadium before a game in 1991. It began a dialogue about it with my dad, we briefly discussed why they were protesting and I would think about it from time to time.

I agree that now, it’s undeniably time. Enough is enough, retire the redskins name and logo and let’s start fresh. Getting rid of our racist former owner’s name in the stadium isn’t enough.

Social movements aside, The team has been so bad since 1992 that it can’t help but let some of the stench of failure waft away. I’m read to say goodbye. These haven’t really been the Redskins for a long time anyway. When people think of this team they think suck, not almost-dynasty of the 1980s.

The nfl is going to start to put pressure on this team, I have no doubt. It’s inevitable at this point. Hopefully Snyder accepts that gracefully.

#23569 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not saying he is a terrible guy or anything but he is a distraction to his team with all of this crap. I would just let him go and start Dalton and not have to deal with all this drama because quite frankly hes just not worth it.

Andy Dalton is good enough to win if he has a great team around him. Trent Dilfer won a SB and Dalton is a hell of a lot better than he is.

#23570 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Not all black guys are hated thugs who-dey. Have you been talking to Karen?

Why is it that you always have to bring up racist crap for? Dude you have to be a racist yourself or you wouldn't constantly be bringing it up. You need to lose that shit for real.

#23571 3 years ago

He's more of a distraction to you than his team. Players are pretty well known for staying out of other players contract business. What has he done really? He turned down an offer and then signed a deal for less monies giving more cap room to other players way before the season or camp has started...what's the problem exactly?

#23572 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's more of a distraction to you than his team. Players are pretty well known for staying out of other players contract business. What has he done really? He turned down an offer and then signed a deal for less monies giving more cap room to other players way before the season or camp has started...what's the problem exactly?

The problem is he isn't worth the money that he thinks he is and it's a slap in the face to working men and women to see these overpaid babies turn down 175 million dollars. I wont lie about it, it pisses me off.

If I was Jerry Jones I would just just let him go because no other team out there is going to give him what Jerry Jones offered him. The guy just isnt that good.

#23573 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok so on the real, I don’t see how the Redskins survive 2020.
It’s been a very long path to acceptance for me - we are talking a 30 year journey. I remember seeing a very small contingent of Native American protesters outside of RFK stadium before a game in 1991. It began a dialogue about it with my dad, we briefly discussed why they were protesting and I would think about it from time to time.
I agree that now, it’s undeniably time. Enough is enough, retire the redskins name and logo and let’s start fresh. Getting rid of our racist former owner’s name in the stadium isn’t enough.
Social movements aside, The team has been so bad since 1992 that it can’t help but let some of the stench of failure waft away. I’m read to say goodbye. These haven’t really been the Redskins for a long time anyway. When people think of this team they think suck, not almost-dynasty of the 1980s.
The nfl is going to start to put pressure on this team, I have no doubt. It’s inevitable at this point. Hopefully Snyder accepts that gracefully.

Has there been discussion on what the new name could be?

#23574 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Has there been discussion on what the new name could be?

Keep the name and change the logo to a potato problem solved. Just kidding of course.

I could see the name change happening sooner than later at this point. DC has already said they won’t consider building a stadium and letting the team relocate to the city unless they do. Of course Dan as come out and is adamantly against it. I’m with Levi with this one in that when people think about the Redskins they associate them with being shitty. The last time the skins were good I was in elementary school. I’ll still root for them no matter the name.

#23575 3 years ago

I don't see Snyder having a choice much longer. If the NFL can force Jerry Richardson to sell for being a general creep then it can certainly force a Redskins name change or sale. Richardson was among the more powerful and liked owners, not sure Dan Snyder can claim to be either.

#23576 3 years ago

It would be cool if they would work with the native Americans to create an image and name they're proud of, similar to Florida state (from what I understand they were consulted and support the use).

It's a really interesting and important culture that deserves more visibility and respect in the country. Call me naive, but I think there's an opportunity to retain some of the identity and find a way to respectfully honor them.

#23577 3 years ago

If they do change their name hopefully they won't go with something quasi political like the Capitals and Nationals. Federals would be the easiest and most boring choice for them.

Warriors maybe? Or just Skins? Or maybe Pigskins since some fans wear the hog masks?

#23578 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

...overpaid babies turn down 175 million dollars. I wont lie about it, it pisses me off.

This isnt a distraction for the team like you mention, hell even they know it pisses you off!

#23579 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If they do change their name hopefully they won't go with something quasi political like the Capitals and Nationals. Federals would be the easiest and most boring choice for them.
Warriors maybe? Or just Skins? Or maybe Pigskins since some fans wear the hog masks?

Foreskins has a nice ring to it.

#23580 3 years ago

I’ve seen “warriors” floated a lot over the years - works from an alliteration standpoint and you could keep some of the imagery. I would like to keep the colors if possible, the burgundy and gold.

#23581 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve seen “warriors” floated a lot over the years - works from an alliteration standpoint and you could keep some of the imagery. I would like to keep the colors if possible, the burgundy and gold.

Marquette changed their name from Warriors due to controversy. I can't say I fully understand or remember why.

I just think it makes a ton of sense to get input from local tribes, or tribes displaced from the area. I'd really like to see them keep the theme but in a respectful way.

I completely agree that I'll be pretty disappointed if they go with some boring political name like other DC sports.

#23582 3 years ago

Washington's name has to go! It's racist and I've always thought it needed to be changed.

#23583 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Marquette changed their name from Warriors due to controversy. I can't say I fully understand or remember why.
I just think it makes a ton of sense to get input from local tribes, or tribes displaced from the area. I'd really like to see them keep the theme but in a respectful way.
I completely agree that I'll be pretty disappointed if they go with some boring political name like other DC sports.

There’s a lot of tradition behind those other names, especially the nationals (which I don’t find terribly political, nor caps for that measure).

As the wizards have shown there’s other options.

I hope the skins get something better than the wizards though!

#23584 3 years ago

Wizards has to be the worst game in sports....worse then magic or Coyoyes or, god forbid, sockeyes.

#23585 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wizards has to be the worst game in sports....

Well Bullets wasn't great at the time either.

#23586 3 years ago

I think we can all agree that Brewers is the best name in sports.

#23587 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

NCAA might have forced them to. They forced the University of North Dakota to change their old Fighting Sioux mascot even though they had a great relationship with local Sioux tribes. The tribes would perform at big pep rallys before football and hockey games. I went to one and it was fantastic. Gave me chills when they drumming, singing and dancing..

#23588 3 years ago

While I prefer that they stick with a NA theme, if that doesn't work out, not using 'Murder Hornets' seems like a missed opportunity.

#23589 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

overpaid babies turn down 175 million dollars

I am normally not a "player's side" when it comes to these silly contracts, but I am for the NFL. These contracts are not guaranteed. It may look like 175 million until two years from now when Dallas decides they want something different and suddenly that player only gets the guaranteed portion of that deal. I am all for the players getting as much as they can. Two reasons- Roger Goodell makes 40 million a year in salary and compensation(insane), and every player is one injury away from a career-ender.

#23590 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am normally not a "player's side" when it comes to these silly contracts, but I am for the NFL. These contracts are not guaranteed. It may look like 175 million until two years from now when Dallas decides they want something different and suddenly that player only gets the guaranteed portion of that deal. I am all for the players getting as much as they can. Two reasons- Roger Goodell makes 40 million a year in salary and compensation(insane), and every player is one injury away from a career-ender.

Ok so let's give him a contract for say 5 years and 5 million dollars ok? That's still more money than he will spend in a lifetime unless he's a careless idiot with his money. In return of the lower salaries the fans can afford to go to the games, even fans with hardly no money and we could also buy dollar or two dollar beers instead of 10 dollar beers. Problem solved and everyone is happy.

#23591 3 years ago

Because the revenue he generates is in the hundreds of millions.. football is a business mannnn. And dak is a business man

#23592 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

...Problem solved and everyone is happy.

YOU'D find something to bitch aboot. You're pissed they get too much monies, pissed when they dont take enough monies, pissed when they want more monies, pissed pissed pissed.
Its the swing shift life man!

#23593 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so let's give him a contract for say 5 years and 5 million dollars ok? That's still more money than he will spend in a lifetime unless he's a careless idiot with his money. In return of the lower salaries the fans can afford to go to the games, even fans with hardly no money and we could also buy dollar or two dollar beers instead of 10 dollar beers. Problem solved and everyone is happy.

I love your Utopia. There IS a solution for it to- Stop watching the games. Tell your friends to stop watching the games, and have them tell their friends to stop watching the games. Pretty soon, you will be at XFL level salaries and this whole thing will work itself out.
If you want to be angry, be angry that up until 5 years ago, the NFL was a registered Non-profit. Be angry that the NFL turns a blind eye to CTE. Be angry that if Dak got injured severely on his 5 million dollars, he is going to need to use all of that money and then some to take care of himself in our for-profit health care industry. I am not a Dak fan, but until the NFL gets rid of this pass-happy setup, it would be foolish to not pay the person that touches the ball for every snap.

#23594 3 years ago

Dak has Jones by the balls. I love it.

We’ve seen this play out before with Kirk cousins. The cowboys have zero leverage. This was basically just a cease fire, a punt till next year.

#23595 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Stop watching the games.

He already famously doesn't. Sadly, They draft small hands so now he has a reason to come here everyday and bitch.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dak has Jones by the balls. I love it.
We’ve seen this play out before with Kirk cousins.

Actually, we saw this play out with Zeke & Jones, LAST FUCKING YEAR.

#23596 3 years ago

I think they go with Washington Senators

#23597 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually, we saw this play out with Zeke & Jones, LAST FUCKING YEAR.

Yeah it'll be like watching instant replay likely. I'm for him getting all he can, like Levi said he believes in himself and his abilities so make a run at it. Me as an outsider would have taken the deal, but of I've never had the prospect of earnings millions either. I'm sure with what he has made the last contract go round (and I don't the numbers) it makes it easier to risk it as he feels he earned it.

#23598 3 years ago

The Washington Supremes. Then fans can simulate banging a gavel and scratch that tomahawk chop itch.

#23599 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

The Washington Supremes. Then fans can simulate banging a gavel and scratch that tomahawk chop itch.

"Stop in the name of love" blaring on a goal line stand....shit writes itself.

#23600 3 years ago

Im going to need Bob Menery to call NFL games
https://www.instagram.com/bobmenery

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/472?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.