spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 471 of 1,513.
#23501 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Josh gordon...just stop please. Go away.

Marijuana shouldn't be a banned substance. Didn't he get popped for weed?! and after his brother died last year. I don't consider that a performance enhancing drug. Really, it makes no sense they allow pain killer narcotics but not weed. Times need to change.

#23502 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Marijuana shouldn't be a banned substance. Didn't he get popped for weed?! and after his brother died last year. I don't consider that a performance enhancing drug. Really, it makes no sense they allow pain killer narcotics but not weed. Times need to change.

Weed is not the problem. He appears to be mentally unstable at worst or just extremely unreliable at best.

Any team that allows him to take a snap is damaging their own future and development of younger players. I don’t think he’ll play again.

#23503 3 years ago

I don't know if it's just weed, but I don't think he was smoking "just a little weed". I think he has a serious substance abuse problem. I'm pretty sure he was drinking a bunch of hard liquor before games.

I really hope he can get his life together. Seriously sad to see someone so self-destructive.

#23504 3 years ago

Yup.. and he's in a union so he will not just "go away".. he will probably get another chance and may just fuk it up as well.. he definitely has talent..just like AB.. but does the good outweigh the bad!?! Offensive players seem to be far more eccentric than defensive player's.

#23505 3 years ago

I think he's got addiction problems with alcohol and various drugs together. He's been reinstated what 3-4 times now so he likely has seen the end of his NFL days. Gordon was a tremendous talent it's shame he is not able to keep things together.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Offensive players seem to be far more eccentric than defensive player's.

I think it's because they are in the limelight so much more than the defensive players.

#23506 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think he’ll play again.

I said that like 3 reinstatements ago. Haha

#23507 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I said that like 3 reinstatements ago. Haha

Gordon still needs 3 more suspensions and a car wreck while high on meth to unseat undisputed Suspension Champion Steve Howe

#23508 3 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Anybody see this new custom St Louis Blues pinball machine yet?

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s pretty bad ass! To bad it didn’t have Brett Hull singing Gloria while he was loaded..the horn is great too. I was cheering for the Blues in the finals, as they have never won the cup before. Kinda like the Browns/Bengals, I’d cheer for them IF they ever went far into the playoffs-but of course not vs my chiefs!

#23509 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think he's got addiction problems with alcohol and various drugs together. He's been reinstated what 3-4 times now so he likely has seen the end of his NFL days. Gordon was a tremendous talent it's shame he is not able to keep things together.

I think it's because they are in the limelight so much more than the defensive players.

Its probably not his fault. I bet he has CTE.

#23510 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its probably not his fault. I bet he has CTE.</blockquote

Gordon still needs 3 more suspensions and a car wreck while high on meth to unseat undisputed Suspension Champion Steve Howe

Gordon's been suspended 8 times in his career thus far.

#23511 3 years ago

Pro sports are a JOKE! 8 suspensions? I would like to know I get 8 chances at my job to not get fired. Talented athletes they are but they get WAY overpaid to play a game. I enjoy sports but don’t miss it one bit.

It’s not looking good for sports to return this year. Look at all the sports trying to come back and cases of COVID popping up. Isolating players/staff. No fans. Expanded rosters and schedules impacted. It’s ALOT of effort and I applaud them for trying. The players want to play and the owners obviously want to find a way to make it happen. Hope it works out and we have sports at all levels.

#23512 3 years ago

Jim Kiick passed away at 73. Great guy and a great football player! This here is when men were men, no Divas or kneelers back in his playing days.

R.I.P. Jim

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jim-kiick-dolphins-rb-from-nfl-teams-17-0-season-dead-at-73

#23513 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

no Divas or kneelers back in his playing days.

vnz3ppx3fnfrtdwdfolu (resized).jpegvnz3ppx3fnfrtdwdfolu (resized).jpeg
#23514 3 years ago

Dude.....that's Broadway Joe, hes allowed to wear stuff like that!

#23515 3 years ago

Not my video so ignore the commentary, but if you want to see Dallas Goedert getting knocked out then here it is.

https://twitter.com/samstompy/status/1274755865002868739?s=12

#23516 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Not my video so ignore the commentary, but if you want to see Dallas Goedert getting knocked out then here it is.
https://twitter.com/samstompy/status/1274755865002868739?s=12

That was a very cheap shot

#23517 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200621-163023~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200621-163023~2 (resized).png
#23518 3 years ago

Dak Prescott is an idiot! Cant believe he turned down a 5 year 175 million dollar contract. He will most likely lose a lot of money by doing that. Now he is signing a one year tender for 31 million. Just take the deal you dipshit! You're not even anywhere near worth 5 years 175 million dollars. What a moron.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-franchise-tender-sign-contract-dispute

#23519 3 years ago

Two years of franchise tags and then a 6 year, $300M deal in Cincy!

#23520 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Two years of franchise tags and then a 6 year, $300M deal in Cincy!

No way, we dont want him. We got the best QB in the last 4 or 5 decades, why would we need him for?

#23521 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No way, we dont want him. We got the best QB in the last 4 or 5 decades, why would we need him for?

Nope, he's backing up Prescott in Dallas this year.. bengals signed some no-named rookie with small hands

#23522 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Nope, he's backing up Prescott in Dallas this year.. bengals signed some no-named rookie with small hands

Yeah right. You are going to find out soon enough. Burrow is the real deal and he has all the right tools for greatness..

#23523 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200622-003041~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200622-003041~2 (resized).png
#23524 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

nfl_quarterback_roethlisberger (resized).jpgnfl_quarterback_roethlisberger (resized).jpg

This is what Big Ben would look like as a woman.

#23525 3 years ago
BD4D4872-6C5A-448D-A21C-943F4600DDD5 (resized).jpegBD4D4872-6C5A-448D-A21C-943F4600DDD5 (resized).jpeg
#23526 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]
This is what Big Ben would look like as a woman.

Gotta admit, he'd make an ugly chick.

Now show us a pic of what the Bengals would look like if they were men.

#23527 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Gotta admit, he'd make an ugly chick.

You’ll fit in nicely in this thread.

#23528 3 years ago

Ben has been a HOF QB since entering the NFL and when he retires this year they will be a non-factor in the AFC north. He'll get in 1st time or should, many who should've been a no brainer ended up not getting in for a couple years or more.

#23529 3 years ago

A depressing take on sports coming back, one you guys know I’m inclined to agree with. Read it or don’t:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/21/return-sports-anytime-soon-seems-somewhere-between-unlikely-irresponsible/

My personal opinion remains that team sports are a pipe dream. I’m sure you all heard most of the clemson and LSU tigers have tested +, and that’s just a couple big time teams. NFL players, MLB players, NHL...they are all testing + throughout numerous organizations and it just looks like a big mess. WHo wants to go down to Florida now?

It was fun watching Belmont stakes. I think individual pseudo sports like horse racing, car racing, chess etc are our best bet for sports this year. College football? Forget it. NFL? Not ready to give up on it but not looking good. MLB, NBA, NHL, not gonna happen.

#23530 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A depressing take on sports coming back, one you guys know I’m inclined to agree with.

Yeah it doesn't look all that promising that's for damn sure. Like I said in the past I'm not sure we have the right to ask them to play considering they're not just risking themselves but their families as well. I also don't think football without fans will work for College programs, the NFL may do okay with just TV money but even for them it may not be so good. I know here in Cincy the team gets a percentage from all concession sales, beer, food etc that will be a total loss.

#23531 3 years ago

I’ll watch whatever we can get if I’m not busy. Had the Belmont on in the background on Saturday at the shop while working on games.

It was like old times! Except horses.

#23532 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ben has been a HOF QB since entering the NFL and when he retires this year they will be a non-factor in the AFC north. He'll get in 1st time or should, many who should've been a no brainer ended up not getting in for a couple years or more.

He’s been a star for many years. Can’t stand the asshole, or the Steelers, but NO denying that talent.

#23533 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Maybe Ben would stay out of their locker room if he thought they were men.

#23534 3 years ago

I could see Can Newton ending up a Steeler..i think he'd pick up the offense quick and will prob see game time...big ben has troubles finishing the season lately.

#23535 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

...big ben has troubles finishing the season lately.

Depends how long the season is. I can see them going to a 10 game season if they get pushed back too much; division plays twice and 1 other division once.

Newton to the Steelers though...hmmm not against it. Depends if he really gets stuck in a back up roll

#23536 3 years ago

I read that Cam wants a starting job, that’s why he hasn’t signed anywhere.

#23537 3 years ago

I guess the consensus is that Cam is washed up? He's taken a beating in his career.

My guess is he hangs around until someone gets hurt and needs him as an emergency starter or an emergency backup but we all know he'll be starting in two weeks kind of thing.

#23538 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200623-135814~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200623-135814~2 (resized).png
#23539 3 years ago

I don't like mocking players because of injury proclivity, it's a shame when a talented player can't stay on the field. As much as I couldn't stand bionic goober Andrew Luck there's no debating it's a loss of the league when his career didn't even last as long as RG3's.

Still, no doubt this is a problem for Wentz and the Eagles. Gotta wonder how much more of this they can both take.

#23540 3 years ago

Cam needs to head to California so he can be closer to his hatter.

Priorities.

#23541 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess the consensus is that Cam is washed up? He's taken a beating in his career.

I don't think we can really say. Corvis has boned up any work outs and doctor visits with teams he could do so I'd like to think that has something to do with it.
Cash wise I don't know what he's looking for...but looks like he was averaging 15mill a year which isn't a ton.

#23542 3 years ago

I can only name a few passers more inaccurate than Cam. His throwing motion is almost as bad as Rivers, but doesn't seem to have as much zip on the ball. What made Cam special was his ability to run, and his size. He may still be able to hang in the pocket and deliver some balls because of the latter, but without his ability to run, he finds himself in the bottom third of the league.

#23543 3 years ago

I think Cam will get on somewhere but I don't think there's a chance in hell he will end up in Pittsburgh, just not the type QB they go for.

#23544 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think Cam will get on somewhere but I don't think there's a chance in hell he will end up in Pittsburgh, just not the type QB they go for.

Dunno what "type" u think there are.. I'm talking about completion %, touch down %, interception %, yards per attempt, yards per completion, height, weight, both known for being out of pocket passers .. basically the exact same stats. Except Ben was a more efficient passer and played longer and won superbowls.

#23545 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dunno what "type" u think there are.. I'm talking about completion %, touch down %, interception %, yards per attempt, yards per completion, height, weight, both known for being out of pocket passers .. basically the exact same stats. Except Ben was a more efficient passer and played longer and won superbowls.

Cam was a decent QB, big and mobile but he's not in Big Bens class.

#23546 3 years ago

Well MLB is going to have a 60 game season. I'm just happy to get some sports back on tv. Hopefully this will go well for MLB and provide the NFL with a model and hopes of a return. I know MLB is played with a lot less intimate contact on a play by play basis but it will provide them with good expectations as to what a season may look like.

#23547 3 years ago

Awesome. Just what the Lions need to ensure decades more futility, another 'hands on' owner.

SHEILA FORD HAMP
O, DETROIT LIONS
94-year-old Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford is stepping down in favor of her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp.
Firestone Ford took over after her husband William Ford died at the age of 88 in 2014. The Lions have been in the Ford family since 1963. Ford Hamp has said she will be "very hands on." We would say that is usually a bad thing, but nothing could be worse than the past six decades of Lions football.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23548 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cam was a decent QB, big and mobile but he's not in Big Bens class.

He wears pretty scarves

#23549 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

We would say that is usually a bad thing, but nothing could be worse than the past six decades of Lions football.
[quoted image]

Challenge accepted.

#23550 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Awesome. Just what the Lions need to ensure decades more futility, another 'hands on' owner.

Hmmm...have the Fords have ever really been hands on? I guess it depends on how you look at it. They seem to hire people and then never fire them, that's the usual issue. I'm hoping this Ford is smart enough to keep Patricia this year for the sole purpose of tanking the natural way. And then will pull something off. Quinn and Patty are horrible, no vet wants to play for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 471 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/471?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.