giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 1,514.
#2301 10 years ago

"No class"? looks to me like he was teaching class...

sherman1.jpgsherman1.jpg
#2302 10 years ago

Acting a thug isn't class. Sorry, don't care how "greatest" you are in the game when the refs alone were the 12th man in this game.

#2303 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

"No class"? looks to me like he was teaching class...

That was an awesome play ,it proved that he is a great player . What he said afterwards proved he isn't great .

#2304 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What does he say at the end there...LOB?

LOB = Legion of Boom

#2305 10 years ago
Quoted from fasteight:

LOB = Legion of Boom

I prefer sammies explanation:

Quoted from sammiesguys:

It means "look out bitch!". The camera shut off before he slugged Erin Andrews.

#2306 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I will quote it
Sherman - "well I'm the best corner in the game. When you try me with a sorry WR like Crabtree, that's what you're goin to git. Don't you ever talk about me.
Interviewer - "who was talking about you? (Awkward sounding)
Sherman - Crabtree, don't you open your mouth to the best, or I will shut it for you."
What a ghetto trash swizzlestick. Manning will slice him up so good luck. Straight out if Compton yo!

Oh my GOD!! The absolute HORROR!!!

I wonder if he will get banned from the NFL permanently for that horrifying rant? This CANNOT STAND. Something MUST be done!

Holy cow. He actually said that he was the best corner in the game! Yes, it's true, but you just can't go around saying that! How unconscionable!!

And how dare he say he shut Crabtrees mouth when he was talking trash about him! Doesn't he know that you can't talk trash back? Isn't there a rule about that in the NFL or something? If not, there should be! Only the Niners get to talk trash and act like a bunch of "ghetto trash swizzlesticks straight out of Compton yo"!

#2307 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Why are you sick to your stomach?
We won fair and square.
What did Sherman ever do to you or Caroll for that matter.
Be a good sport.
GO Hawks!

Congrats on the win. 49ers were smothered by the hawks D all day and Lynch was Lynch. Niners gave up on the run, but maybe they saw something they thought they could exploit in the passing game. They sure thought wrong.

That said, lets not go overboard with this "fair and square" stuff. If the Seattle fans are the 12th man than the refs were the 13th. Some egregious calls went against the 49ers that definitely impacted the game and had scoring ramifications. The personal foul call on Witner: bad. The "running into the kicker" instead of roughing call: horrible (and this isn't a judgement call...it's how the penalty is defined in the rule book). And then the Bowman recovered fumble on the goal line: inexcusable. The fact that the 49ers still almost won the game on the road mystifies me, because I thought they were outplayed in every phase of the game.

I think you should check yourself on the sportsmanship thing.

#2308 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh my GOD!! The absolute HORROR!!!
I wonder if he will get banned from the NFL permanently for that horrifying rant? This CANNOT STAND. Something MUST be done!
Holy cow. He actually said that he was the best corner in the game! Yes, it's true, but you just can't go around saying that! How unconscionable!!
And how dare he say he shut Crabtrees mouth when he was talking trash about him! Doesn't he know that you can't talk trash back? Isn't there a rule about that in the NFL or something? If not, there should be! Only the Niners get to talk trash and act like a bunch of "ghetto trash swizzlesticks straight out of Compton yo"!

Rob, stick with the "old, grumpy white man" vibe. It's you.

#2309 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Rob, stick with the "old, grumpy white man" vibe. It's you.

Do you have any clue what you are talking about?

As usual, no, you do not.

Learn to read, fool.

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg
#2310 10 years ago

i really shouldn't but...

942511_694122780640269_774567380_n.jpg942511_694122780640269_774567380_n.jpg
#2311 10 years ago

That said, lets not go overboard with this "fair and square" stuff. If the Seattle fans are the 12th man than the refs were the 13th. Some egregious calls went against the 49ers that definitely impacted the game and had scoring ramifications. The personal foul call on Witner: bad. The "running into the kicker" instead of roughing call: horrible (and this isn't a judgement call...it's how the penalty is defined in the rule book). And then the Bowman recovered fumble on the goal line: inexcusable. The fact that the 49ers still almost won the game on the road mystifies me, because I thought they were outplayed in every phase of the game.

I've never lived more than 100 miles from Seattle, have original jerseys dating back to Kreig all the way up to Kerney, was a season ticket holder for more than a decade, and I completely agree with the above post.

For Seattle fans to continue to bitch about '05, and then stand by the game last night, paints them as hypocrites. To have cheered and loved great players who were also great people like Largent, Warner, Alexander, Glasgow, Galloway, Robinson, Hasslebeck and so on, and not decry the team of thugs, bullies, cheaters and douchebags that Pete Carrol has brought together is reprehensible and classless.

I've publicly hated on the team I spent 30 years championing, AND, wholly agreed with TheFamilyArcade in the same post. Next comes the comet hitting the world.

EDIT: I have very little doubt the Seahawks will win the Superbowl in two weeks... against the Denver Broncos, being QB'd by Peyton Manning. If you told me 20 years ago that this was not only possible, but that it would bring me no joy, I'd have laughed in your face. How things change...

#2312 10 years ago

Yeah, nobody who is anywhere close to objective can say that the Niners didn't get screwed by some terrible calls by the refs in that game, especially the fumble that was obviously recovered by Bowman. That one was horrible for so many reasons, including the fact that it was incredibly obvious.

#2313 10 years ago

. Some egregious calls went against the 49ers that definitely impacted the game and had scoring ramifications. And then the Bowman recovered fumble on the goal line: inexcusable.

This actually had zero impact on the game because seattle coughed the ball up on the very next play and the 49ers got much better field position on that deal. Too bad Colin threw a pick on that drive. If i had to pick a reason why SF lost it would be due to CK turning the ball over 3 times, almost 4 (fumble that ended up getting recovered by his lineman). He played poorly.

#2314 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I've never lived more than 100 miles from Seattle, have original jerseys dating back to Kreig all the way up to Kerney, was a season ticket holder for more than a decade, and I completely agree with the above post.
For Seattle fans to continue to bitch about '05, and then stand by the game last night, paints them as hypocrites. To have cheered and loved great players who were also great people like Largent, Warner, Alexander, Glasgow, Galloway, Robinson, Hasslebeck and so on, and not decry the team of thugs, bullies, cheaters and douchebags that Pete Carrol has brought together is reprehensible and classless.
I've publicly hated on the team I spent 30 years championing, AND, wholly agreed with TheFamilyArcade in the same post. Next comes the comet hitting the world.

+1...... I have to mention Cortez Kennedy and Sam Adams too, loved that team

#2315 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

EDIT: I have very little doubt the Seahawks will win the Superbowl in two weeks... against the Denver Broncos, being QB'd by Peyton Manning. If you told me 20 years ago that this was not only possible, but that it would bring me no joy, I'd have laughed in your face. How things change...

Sherman is a king hell douche for sure. I've never liked Carroll. I think its unfair to paint him and Harbaugh with the same brush. Harbaugh didn't cheat at Stanford. Other than them, I honestly don't know much about the character of the team. But historically I've always appreciated the Seahawks. I loved Shawn Alexander. They have cool unis. The city is pretty cool (I have lots of friends and family there) and the fans, well, what can you say? The best in sports. I still feel bad (and confused) by the departure of the SuperSonics. I hate the Seahawks nowadays because in becoming one of the best teams in football they've become the Niners arch nemesis. This rivalry is just beginning.

What Sherman did on TV at the end of that game is just absurd. I've never seen anything like it. But I wonder if I'd even be commenting if it wasn't so in the face of my team after such an agonizing loss. It took a little of the sparkle off of the win, but it didn't take away the win.

I wonder if the Seahawks corners will be as effective jamming the broncos. Welker in particular seems to always find a way. If anyone can pick apart a secondary it's Manning. The SB will be interesting. I'd root for Peyton against anyone other than the Niners, so this is an easy one.

#2316 10 years ago

Congrats on the win. 49ers were smothered by the hawks D all day and Lynch was Lynch. Niners gave up on the run, but maybe they saw something they thought they could exploit in the passing game. They sure thought wrong.
I think you should check yourself on the sportsmanship thing.

The fumble call was inexcusable, but they did get it back via instant karma so it really had no effect on the outcome.

As far as I can tell from http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf roughing the kicker isn't actually defined how the Fox bozo claimed (he seems to get these wrong on a regular basis) not sure if I would have been mad about that one going the other way or not, on replay the contact was pretty incidental.

It was a great game. I still think Kaepernick is a tool, but damn is he an amazing athlete, he almost single handedly won that game in the first half. If he gets better with his passing game reads in the future he's going to have a lot more of these big games to compete in. I really hope the Bowman injury isn't as serious as it looked.

#2317 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

This actually had zero impact on the game because seattle coughed the ball up on the very next play and the 49ers got much better field position on that deal. Too bad Colin threw a pick on that drive. If i had to pick a reason why SF lost it would be due to CK turning the ball over 3 times, almost 4 (fumble that ended up getting recovered by his lineman). He played poorly.

It's just the fact that it even happened. How man zebras are on the damn field!? The man was lying on his back by himself on the goal line holding the football. How can you miss that?

Kaep choked no doubt. The last pick can be forgiven. Not the others.

#2318 10 years ago

.....but then there was the Boz

boz.jpgboz.jpg
#2320 10 years ago

Ecurtz, having read the link you provided - especially juxtaposed against what the "expert" said on TV - I guess that call isn't so bad. Where did Perreia get the "plant leg" BS then?

I do think that after the Whitner call the Seahawks could have been blown for a "defenseless receiver" on Davis and a clothesline hit (and ripping the helmet off ) on LaMichael James. But it's history now. Seattle played well enough to win. Niners didn't.

#2321 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i really shouldn't but...

942511_694122780640269_774567380... 39 KB

See, that's funny. I like the ribbing from friends and good jokes/pics. Can't wait for the camera to be shoved in Sherman's face after Manning rips him apart. I had little to no problems with Seattle until that lowlife spoke.

#2322 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

» YouTube video

The best part of that Sherman-Trent Williams punch in the face vid is that Sherman tells him to do it then acts surprised! LOL!!!!!

For the record, if any of you guys tell me to punch you in the face, I will totally take you up on the offer.

#2323 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is shaping up to be a Seahawks/ Broncos Super Bowl, but that is still a long way off.

Three to four months ago I went out on a limb and picked these two teams to represent. It is tough to pick which one prevail, but my gut tells me to go with the Broncos because they have the edge at the QB position. Weather conditions may play a factor. Snow favors the Broncos, rain may favor the Seahawks.

#2324 10 years ago

Broncos for the win!

#2325 10 years ago

It's going to be a great Super Bowl.
Denver with the best Offence and Seattle with the best Defence.
You know what they say.
Defence wins Championships!
Go Hawks!

#2326 10 years ago

looking forward to this superbowl

#2327 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Denver with the best Offence and Seattle with the best Defence.
You know what they say.
Defence wins Championships!

Denver won't be leaving theirs behind. From what I have seen the last couple of weeks, theirs is as good as any.

#2328 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Denver won't be leaving theirs behind. From what I have seen the last couple of weeks, theirs is as good as any.

The stats nerds disagree: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Ecurtz, having read the link you provided - especially juxtaposed against what the "expert" said on TV - I guess that call isn't so bad. Where did Perreia get the "plant leg" BS then?

I don't know, maybe that's how he would have called it based on the fact that "potential for injury" is to be considered.

#2329 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Can't wait for the camera to be shoved in Sherman's face after Manning rips him apart. I had little to no problems with Seattle until that lowlife spoke.

But Boldin's and Kaepernick's actions in the Carolina game were just fine and dandy, right?

#2330 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The stats nerds disagree:

They are talking regular season. I am talking post-season against two of the better offenses the league had to offer.

#2331 10 years ago

I'm a Niner fan and I dig what Sherman is doing (although I didn't like him baiting that face shove from Crabtree and then not owning it...immediately after the game sealing play you run up, pat the opponent on the ass and give a "GG" hand shake and claim that was innocent...PFFFT!). He has a loud mouth for sure, but he's a character and characters make these physical competitions much more interesting. He's given everyone a villain to root against.

Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, nobody who is anywhere close to objective can say that the Niners didn't get screwed by some terrible calls by the refs in that game, especially the fumble that was obviously recovered by Bowman. That one was horrible for so many reasons, including the fact that it was incredibly obvious.

Calls were lopsided for sure. That was a horrible call. Personally I was surprised they didn't call the Seahawk player that decapitated our kick receiver from behind, who did not have possession, and yanking his helmet off via a facemask. Mainly because a couple plays earlier, Niner gets a flag for bumping shoulder pads in the middle of a 2-man tackle. I must not understand the new sissy rules the NFL abides by.

Brass tacks: Calls or not, our offense was struggling. Something is going terribly wrong when your bigger pushes up field are via unintentional QB runs. Oh well...there's always next year.

#2332 10 years ago

Richard Sherman's actions and interview after the game were awesome. As far as I'm concerned the NFL has become completely pussified. It needs more brash characters like Sherman. Keeps things interesting.

I think Erin Andrews was most taken aback by the fact that he didn't throw out the usual boilerplate responses. "Team effort, we made plays when we needed to, praise Jesus, etc."

I'd much rather hear a guy call a competitor he just owned mediocre and proclaim himself the best at his position in the same breath. Far more entertaining (and honest) than the usual politically correct nonsense in my opinion.

Plus, he gave Crabtree some offseason fuel. Should make next year's 49ers/Seahawks games something to look forward to.

#2333 10 years ago

sherman merely spoke the truth and the obvious. sure he was a little over the top but he was showing some emotion after an amazing play in the end zone. better luck next year 49ers you are terminated

#2334 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Richard Sherman's actions and interview after the game were awesome. As far as I'm concerned the NFL has become completely pussified. It needs more brash characters like Sherman. Keeps things interesting.
I think Erin Andrews was most taken aback by the fact that he didn't throw out the usual boilerplate responses. "Team effort, we made plays when we needed to, praise Jesus, etc."
I'd much rather hear a guy call a competitor he just owned mediocre and proclaim himself the best at his position in the same breath. Far more entertaining (and honest) than the usual politically correct nonsense in my opinion.
Plus, he gave Crabtree some offseason fuel. Should make next year's 49ers/Seahawks games something to look forward to.

Here's the thing though man, there's what you want to say, and how you communicate it. Roger Federer was never shy, never showed any bullshit false humility (which I loathe) about how good he was at his peak. He answered questions honestly with a matter of fact appraisal of his abilities and people called him conceited. That's absurd.

There's being aware of how good you are, and there's being a cowardly douche bag. Richard Sherman is a cowardly douche bag. Another example was Chad Johnson. He was great, and he was a character. None of his antics were ever mean spirited or purposefully insulting. He was a goof ball. That's good for the sport. He got fined for wearing the wrong fucking socks. Richard Sherman gets away with this shit, and is rewarded with SubWay commercials.

The best thing the Seahawks offer the sport is how I used them as a teaching moment for my sons. I pointed at the screen and said, "If you ever act like these man children I'm going to cheer the guy that kicks your ass."

There's a host of things wrong with the NFL, a lack of brutal sophomoric assholes like the Seattle Seahawk defense is not one of them.

#2335 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I must not understand the new sissy rules the NFL abides by

My problem is the inconsistency of the rules. Ive watched tons of games this year (and years past, it's been getting progressively worse) and there is so little consistency as to what penalties are called and what aren't when it comes to "hit to the head and neck area" and "defenseless receivers". It's pretty frustrating to watch. I understand what the NFL is trying to do, but they have certainly made a mess of it IMO.

And if you think the NFL is bad, college is even worse (much worse).

#2336 10 years ago

For everyone ripping Sherman, you might wanna check this out. Might change your mind about him

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66872858/seattle-seahawks-richard-sherman-worth-rooting-for-in-super-bowl

#2337 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe against AFC but not NFC.
Denver will be shocked at the physicality of the Seahawks Defence.
Afc play a more flag football approach.

#2338 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Afc play a more flag football approach.

Huh? Care to explain that one?

#2339 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

For everyone ripping Sherman, you might wanna chech this out. Might change your mind about him
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66872858/seattle-seahawks-richard-sherman-worth-rooting-for-in-super-bowl

Anybody who goes after (and owns) Skip Bayless is a-ok in my book.

#2340 10 years ago

Man that's exactly what I was thinking! GET OUT OF MY HEAD, JAR JAR

#2341 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Huh? Care to explain that one?

He's experimenting with new material

#2342 10 years ago

Just having a little fun.
Go Hawks!

#2343 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But Boldin's and Kaepernick's actions in the Carolina game were just fine and dandy, right?

Different by an order of magnitude.

#2344 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I
Calls were lopsided for sure. That was a horrible call. Personally I was surprised they didn't call the Seahawk player that decapitated our kick receiver from behind, who did not have possession, and yanking his helmet off via a facemask. Mainly because a couple plays earlier, Niner gets a flag for bumping shoulder pads in the middle of a 2-man tackle. I must not understand the new sissy rules the NFL abides by.
Brass tacks: Calls or not, our offense was struggling. Something is going terribly wrong when your bigger pushes up field are via unintentional QB runs. Oh well...there's always next year.

I do think that after the Whitner call the Seahawks could have been blown for a "defenseless receiver" on Davis and a clothesline hit (and ripping the helmet off ) on LaMichael James. But it's history now. Seattle played well enough to win. Niners didn't.

Yup.

#2345 10 years ago

This is a tough one for me.Denver native raised on the Broncos.Lived in Seattle the last 25 years.I think this game comes down to the weather.It's going to be cold for sure,if it's snowing and miserable that favors Seattle.However this may well be Peyton's last game.Just like the Ravens and Ray Lewis last year that could factor in to the Broncos.Turnovers aside I can't see Seattle scoring more than 20.Denver can top that depending on the weather.Should be a good one.

#2346 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

However this may well be Peyton's last game.

I've heard this speculation a few times now but I would be stunned if Manning calls it quits. He went to Germany and got his stem cells or whatever it was and has been very healthy since. He's on an excellent team and is playing at the highest level. I think he's got two more seasons.

#2347 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I've heard this speculation a few times now but I would be stunned if Manning calls it quits. He went to Germany and got his stem cells or whatever it was and has been very healthy since. He's on an excellent team and is playing at the highest level. I think he's got two more seasons.

I think it could go either way. It really depends on whether he wants to continue playing or get on with his career in TV (which is where he will almost certainly go as soon as he retires). I think he could easily continue playing (the guy takes the fewest hits of any qb I can ever remember), but will he really have the drive to do so if he wins another SB? He may not want to put up with another season of nagging injuries and pain. Im not sure he really would.

#2348 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Maybe against AFC but not NFC.
Denver will be shocked at the physicality of the Seahawks Defence.
Afc play a more flag football approa

Dude, I'm talking about DEFENSE. Denvers pretty much shut down both the Chargers and Patriots until garbage time. Seattle has a great defense, but was one play away from not making the show.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

(the guy takes the fewest hits of any qb I can ever remember)

Seattle better hope they can get to him, but the way Manning is moving around and getting rid of the ball, it might not be too easy.

#2349 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Win or lose Peyton has said he is having an evaluation done on his neck in March.If the doctors say good he may play again if not well he has plenty of money and well earned IMO.My gut feeling is a win and a Superbowl MVP followed by a comfortable retirement.

#2350 10 years ago

We will be getting Percy Harvin back.
That should stretch Broncos defence allowing our other receivers more room.
Seahawks defence is the youngest and fastest in the league.
Manning will see more pressure than he ever has.
Look we get it. No one other than Seahawks fans will believe until they win a Super Bowl .
No one thought they would beat the Niners. They did it. When you get to this level of competition one play is all it takes to get the win.
One more win and maybe the doubters will get it.
Go Hawks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.